Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

Do Not Be Deceived: Igboland Is Landlocked And Will Face Economic Hardship - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do Not Be Deceived: Igboland Is Landlocked And Will Face Economic Hardship (6039 Views)

Don't Be Deceived, Igboland Is Landlocked & Would Suffer Crippling Eco-Blockade / Original Map of Nigeria - Guess who is landlocked and guess who is missing ? / Do Not Be Deceived: Igboland Is Landlocked And Will Face Economic Hardship. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Not Be Deceived: Igboland Is Landlocked And Will Face Economic Hardship by OFFICIAL336: 8:10pm On May 19, 2020
From Atlantic to Tin Can, Apapa is about 50 nautical miles while Azumili to the sea is less than 25 nauticals.

Azumili is closer to the sea than Apapa.

Yoruba Moslems need help.

8 Likes

Re: Do Not Be Deceived: Igboland Is Landlocked And Will Face Economic Hardship by Olabestonic001(m): 8:15pm On May 19, 2020
Igbochief001:

We. Have the records of the people that marginalized minorities ....the record is clear

Right now we don't need the south south .. give the igbos referendum and allow us suffer our suffer

Take our properties all over Nigeria we would settle our brothers

Allow us suffer na ...do you people like us this much ?

I laff in French.

Guess you are more interested in ensuring others retrogress.

3 Likes

Re: Do Not Be Deceived: Igboland Is Landlocked And Will Face Economic Hardship by temblor1(m): 8:15pm On May 19, 2020
gidgiddy:

Nigerian Sovereignty does not extend to international waters or water ways. Nigeria may own the land, but it does not own the River. In the event that the SE becomes an independent country, it can do all its shipping through Onitsha, Oguta and Obuaku and theres nothing Nigeria can do about it without violating international law
grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Do Not Be Deceived: Igboland Is Landlocked And Will Face Economic Hardship by maestroferddi: 8:18pm On May 19, 2020
Dtribeless:

I'm not envious of Igbos, just calling out the IPOB extremists. Their nonsense will lead to further marginalization or genocide of well meaning Igbos. BTW, like all other Africans, including Yorubas and Hausas, there is nothing special about Igbos. They are still part of a very backward Black race. It's like last and second to the last fighting for superiority. Take that to the bank.
Then let the Igbos be ..

Is that too much to ask?

Did I hear you disingenously drop genocide?

This is not the 1960s, my friend..

4 Likes

Re: Do Not Be Deceived: Igboland Is Landlocked And Will Face Economic Hardship by Yenefer(f): 8:27pm On May 19, 2020
Topsic70:

Shhhhhhhh! Na wah 4 u self. One must not ssy everything nah! U dey vex me small-small o. angry
U want them to develop cold feet ni?

Pls, let them jump with both feet into the 'shallow' river biko.
I think they're suffering from mass bipolar disorder, so we are here to protect them

8 Likes

Re: Do Not Be Deceived: Igboland Is Landlocked And Will Face Economic Hardship by Dtribeless: 8:30pm On May 19, 2020
maestroferddi:
Then let the Igbos be ..

Is that too much to ask?

Did I hear you disingenously drop genocide?

This is not the 1960s, my friend..

I'm responding on a blog, my guy. Who hold Igbo? I have good relationships with the ones I know. Genocide was what happened last time, unfortunately. It should not happen again. An Igbo guy, Director at a major bank in the US hired me, knowing I might not be fully prepared for the job on day 1, but hoping I'll cope and adjust. I did, at the very least to reward his confidence in me. That's the love we show each other in the diaspora, not the local/IPOB home fight. I guess it's poverty. For me, Igbos are blacks, I care about all blacks the same (tribe does not matter to me). That may be because I've been all over the place and see we are on the backfoot and treated like semi-animals, so to hear this IPOB supremacy nonsense infuriates me. It seems like a confirmation of what other think about us -- clueless.

7 Likes

Re: Do Not Be Deceived: Igboland Is Landlocked And Will Face Economic Hardship by ProT: 8:43pm On May 19, 2020
Dtribeless:

I'm not envious of Igbos, just calling out the IPOB extremists. Their nonsense will lead to further marginalization or genocide of well meaning Igbos. BTW, like all other Africans, including Yorubas and Hausas, there is nothing special about Igbos. They are still part of a very backward Black race. It's like last and second to the last fighting for superiority. Take that to the bank.
I don't think it's about being "superior," as no Igbo has claimed of being superior to anyone; I think it's more of being more conscious.

It's a fact that only Ndigbo seem to be seriously worried about the backwardness and stagnancy of Nigeria (even with all her minerals, ocean, human resources), hence, their desire to want out.
Almost every other group seem to be cool or indifferent with the state of things in Nigeria.
106yrs after amalgamation, 60yrs after independence, it's a fact that there is no love among the peoples of this country, all I see is mutual suspicion and backbiting WRT ethnic nationality.
A lot of Ndigbo are convinced the only solution from this cesspool is total balkanisation; it's a shame seeing people who benefit absolutely nothing from this cesspit trying to chastise Ndigbo for something as noble as seeking freedom.

You don't like them, and the feeling seems mutual, yet u seem cool to pretend to be compatriots with them; this one is worse than stockholm syndrome.

4 Likes

Re: Do Not Be Deceived: Igboland Is Landlocked And Will Face Economic Hardship by Dtribeless: 8:54pm On May 19, 2020
ProT:

I don't think it's about being "superior," as no Igbo has claimed of being superior to anyone; I think it's more of being more conscious.

It's a fact that only Ndigbo seem to be seriously worried about the backwardness and stagnancy of Nigeria (even with all her minerals, ocean, human resources), hence, their desire to want out.
Almost every other group seem to be cool or indifferent with the state of things in Nigeria.
106yrs after amalgamation, 60yrs after independence, it's a fact that there is no love among the peoples of this country, all I see is mutual suspicion and backbiting WRT ethnic nationality.
A lot of Ndigbo are convinced the only solution from this cesspool is total balkanisation; it's a shame seeing people who benefit absolutely nothing from this cesspit trying to chastise Ndigbo for something as noble as seeking freedom.

You don't like them, and the feeling seems mutual, yet u seem cool to pretend to be compatriots with them; this one is worse than stockholm syndrome.

But balkanization will never work non-violently, we will all become small entities. Some of us might live better, but we'd also be smaller with less clout. Yorubas have been asking for restructuring forever. Please don't say Tinubu brought Buhari into power. He does not even speak for the Yoruba intellectual base, but the intellectual base do NOT have thugs. Tinubu cannot win a fair election in Lagos state; the intelligentsia know better.
Yorubas complain, but not in the Kanu style of insulting everyone.
Even if we break up, that will stop the suspicion issue, which is largely created by elites of all ethnicity to keep us barking at each other (as often happens on this site), but they'd still be plundering treasuries for their family and selves per usual. Are Igbo governors/leaders less prone to stealing than governors of other ethnicity? So that will still be an issue, but you're right the suspicions issue will reduce.

As an example, if Oduduwa breaks, the Lagos & Ogun axis will instantly claim superiority, and division will continue per usual. So, my brother, it's elites vs masses; hausa masses are suffering too but religion keeps those ones going. Apologies if I have sounded hostile earlier; I confused you for an extremist.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Not Be Deceived: Igboland Is Landlocked And Will Face Economic Hardship by ProT: 9:31pm On May 19, 2020
Dtribeless:

But balkanization will never work non-violently, we will all become small entities. Some of us might live better, but we'd also be smaller with less clout. Yorubas have been asking for restructuring forever. Please don't say Tinubu brought Buhari into power. He does not even speak for the Yoruba intellectual base, but the intellectual base do NOT have thugs. Tinubu cannot win a fair election in Lagos state; the intelligentsia know better.
Yorubas complain, but not in the Kanu style of insulting everyone.
Even if we break up, that will stop the suspicion issue, which is largely created by elites of all ethnicity to keep us barking at each other (as often happens on this site), but they'd still be plundering treasuries for their family and selves per usual. Are Igbo governors/leaders less prone to stealing than governors of other ethnicity? So that will still be an issue, but you're right the suspicions issue will reduce.

As an example, if Oduduwa breaks, the Lagos & Ogun axis will instantly claim superiority, and division will continue per usual. So, my brother, it's elites vs masses; hausa masses are suffering too but religion keeps those ones going. Apologies if I have sounded hostile earlier; I confused you for an extremist.
I'm glad u got my point and I understand u perfectly; actually, I have always made it clear that what we are experiencing is a class war -
"the haves" have been messing "the have-nots" up since time immemorial - but in our case, the "have-nots" have been too divided to understand the game; if we can take away a lot of those differences keeping "the have-nots" down, people (the have-nots) would be waken from their slumber, and would naturally revolt against "the haves" in their independent little states.

For instance, it would be easier to peacefully protest against bad governance in an Igbo-only society, when those who are in the armed forces are fellow Ndigbo, who wouldn't delight in shooting fellow citizens like it is mere sport, as obtainable in Nigeria.

Nnamdi Kanu may be brash and all whatnot, but men, the thought of the hopelessness of Nigeria makes me blind to his flaws.
I swear! I would rather a landlocked Alaigbo than this present cesspool; that is how hopeless Nigeria is.

1 Like

Re: Do Not Be Deceived: Igboland Is Landlocked And Will Face Economic Hardship by honeyB2018: 9:32pm On May 19, 2020
Churchill Okonkwo, has clearly shown himself as one of those Igbo men, who are against the realization of Biafra
If you ask me, I'm for a united, progressive and peaceful Nigeria, where everyone and tribe is valued, respected and accorded his/her rightful position. We stand to gain alot as a united nation than going our different ways.
But the truth is this, wether landlocked or not,why do they Igbos, want to leave a united Nigeria, for a smaller nation, called Biafra? Has anyone cared to find out what their grievances are?
Has any genuine attempt by anyone been made to know why they want to suffocate in the so called landlocked state, compare to a larger Nigeria?
For me, this should be the issue, not wether South East is landlocked or not
Re: Do Not Be Deceived: Igboland Is Landlocked And Will Face Economic Hardship by gidgiddy: 9:41pm On May 19, 2020
hargbolahan01:
what if the people that are closer to the sea don't allow you to use it (don't forget you seceded)... London you mentioned.... remember UK is like a country that have strong bond and that's why they don't allow other countries in UK to live ... you can't just keep comparing countries Everytime

that's why ojukwu wanted some part of SS during the biafra war compare to ordinary SE states you have now..... that's why Gowon quickly to over the sea area from them when the war started and was able to camp them in one and that was easy to starve and do all sort things to the Igbo that time.... I don't know why you are not seeing the bigger picture of not having access to sea

The people closer to the Sea cannot prevent the SE from the River as they do not own the River. It is an international waterway which no country owns

5 Likes

Re: Do Not Be Deceived: Igboland Is Landlocked And Will Face Economic Hardship by Nobody: 9:48pm On May 19, 2020
Dtribeless:

Yoruba soldiers sacked Biafra and will do it again. Ojukwu and co also stole massively for CBN Benin; we all know all that was checkmate. Extremist Igbos, always wanting to eat their cake and have it too, Ewu them.
Lol you mean British and France help Nigeria army ? ...how many Yoruba were in the army in 1960s ...middle belt was the fools that was used by the north don't flatter your self

And we saw how u got your reward after the war
Re: Do Not Be Deceived: Igboland Is Landlocked And Will Face Economic Hardship by Nobody: 9:50pm On May 19, 2020
Dtribeless:

Yoruba soldiers sacked Biafra and will do it again. Ojukwu and co also stole massively for CBN Benin; we all know all that was checkmate. Extremist Igbos, always wanting to eat their cake and have it too, Ewu them.
Lol you mean British and France help.igeria army ? ...how many Yoruba were in the army in 1960s ...middle belt was the fools that was used by the north don't flatter your self

And we saw how u got your reward after the war o

If una get mind try touch Igbo property in Lagos if we would not annex Yoruba land

Try shit ..even if it takes 1000 year we would avenge the deaths in biafra ....holding igbos back can never stop that ...all of you must pay one day yorubas and north ....we are keeping the anger locked up ....your house would be the battle ground

4 Likes

Re: Do Not Be Deceived: Igboland Is Landlocked And Will Face Economic Hardship by Guynexttdoor: 9:59pm On May 19, 2020
do you know is only in nigeria dat we have geopolitical zones, every thing is all about politics...normal geological description which areas can we call south east in nigeria.
Re: Do Not Be Deceived: Igboland Is Landlocked And Will Face Economic Hardship by Dtribeless: 10:30pm On May 19, 2020
Igbochief001:

Lol you mean British and France help.igeria army ? ...how many Yoruba were in the army in 1960s ...middle belt was the fools that was used by the north don't flatter your self

And we saw how u got your reward after the war o

If una get mind try touch Igbo property in Lagos if we would not annex Yoruba land

Try shit ..even if it takes 1000 year we would avenge the deaths in biafra ....holding igbos back can never stop that ...all of you must pay one day yorubas and north ....we are keeping the anger locked up ....your house would be the battle ground

If you annex Yorubaland, that means no Biafra, because you'd have to stay. YEYE DEY SMALL. You guys are as dumb as Kanu.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Not Be Deceived: Igboland Is Landlocked And Will Face Economic Hardship by Dtribeless: 10:32pm On May 19, 2020
gidgiddy:

The people closer to the Sea cannot prevent the SE from the River as they do not own the River. It is an international waterway which no country owns

Rivers can't handle correct vessel, especially if they have to go upstream. Think! And inland rivers are not international waterways. Go try and sail through the Danube and Great Lakes unauthorized.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Not Be Deceived: Igboland Is Landlocked And Will Face Economic Hardship by rummmy: 10:37pm On May 19, 2020
Yenefer:
The North are not trying to ship their fine work abroad
they don't even have the financial power to drive Their own economy...mali will be far better than northern Nigeria and they know it...
They can only eat the it groundnut because even the cow from Niger republic will seize to come in hence the sea route closes.
Re: Do Not Be Deceived: Igboland Is Landlocked And Will Face Economic Hardship by Nobody: 10:41pm On May 19, 2020
Dtribeless:

If you annex Yorubaland, that means no Biafra, because you'd have to stay. YEYE DEY SMALL. You guys are as dumb as Kanu.
Lol smart one

3 Likes

Re: Do Not Be Deceived: Igboland Is Landlocked And Will Face Economic Hardship by rummmy: 10:44pm On May 19, 2020
gidgiddy:

I dont understand where this Okonkwo guy is coming from. Lets just assume that the South East becomes an independent country, will it have acess to the Sea? People keep talking about being "landlocked" as if that is what is important. What is important is if the SE has access to the Sea, not if it is landlocked. Many people have come to believe that being landlocked is the same as not having access to the Sea, it is not. The River Niger and its tributaries are international waterways which are owned by no nation. Nothing stops the SE from building River ports in Obuaku in Abia state and Oguta in Imo state and dredging the River to the Ocean.

Another thing people dont consider is badge technology. London is the capital of Britain and handles much of Britain's export/import yet London is landlocked. But fortunately for London, it has the River Thames that runs through London to the ocean. The only thing London did was to build some River Ports then use barges to move goods in out of London via the River Thames. These barges will sail to the River Ports, collect containers, sail to where the River empties into Ocean, wait for the Merchant Ships to arrive, discharge the export containers, collect the import containers and return to the River ports. They didn't even bother to dredge the River Thames because the huge merchant Ships dont have to use the River Thames

This can be replicated in Oguta, Obuaku and even Onitsha. I dont know what the argument is all
about, the SE has full access to the Sea
this answers the stupid question... QED
Re: Do Not Be Deceived: Igboland Is Landlocked And Will Face Economic Hardship by rummmy: 10:48pm On May 19, 2020
helinues:

Imagine oo, yet they can't develop that tiny land.

Nigeria is far bigger than Germany, England, etc yet Nigeria is a big for nothing country.

1 Like

Re: Do Not Be Deceived: Igboland Is Landlocked And Will Face Economic Hardship by MetaPhysical: 3:52am On May 20, 2020
Yenefer,
This article is priceless. grin

Proof that Ibo economy is dependent, and can be wiped out by Yoruba.

5 Likes

Re: Do Not Be Deceived: Igboland Is Landlocked And Will Face Economic Hardship by dokiOloye(m): 4:22am On May 20, 2020
hargbolahan01:
what if the people that are closer to the sea don't allow you to use it (don't forget you seceded)... London you mentioned.... remember UK is like a country that have strong bond and that's why they don't allow other countries in UK to live ... you can't just keep comparing countries Everytime

that's why ojukwu wanted some part of SS during the biafra war compare to ordinary SE states you have now..... that's why Gowon quickly to over the sea area from them when the war started and was able to camp them in one and that was easy to starve and do all sort things to the Igbo that time.... I don't know why you are not seeing the bigger picture of not having access to sea
Why are you wailing more than d bereaved?
Re: Do Not Be Deceived: Igboland Is Landlocked And Will Face Economic Hardship by dokiOloye(m): 4:26am On May 20, 2020
Dtribeless:

Keep forecasting nonsense. Uber is a private enterprise and has nothing to do with sea access. They would let Igbos use their ports but at a price. It will be every man for themselves. All the nonsense Biafran agitation is to have exclusive rights to SS resources. This is not lost on the SS. They have bleeped Igbos up before and will do it again.
Yellowbat ppl full for thread,de wail over a landlocked Igbo land grin
Is our God not a wonderful God? grin

1 Like

Re: Do Not Be Deceived: Igboland Is Landlocked And Will Face Economic Hardship by dokiOloye(m): 4:28am On May 20, 2020
MetaPhysical:
Yenefer,

If it were possible, you lazy,envious lots would've done so since..
Cool down,Igbos have bought 30% of Lagos,by d year 2100 it will be 90%.
Then we will deport all yellowbat muslims to Borno and Katsina grin

4 Likes

Re: Do Not Be Deceived: Igboland Is Landlocked And Will Face Economic Hardship by Yankee101: 5:06am On May 20, 2020
I said it somewhere that this lockdown is an example of what will happen if Nigeria breaks up.

You see how difficult it was to move from ordinary onitsha to Portharcourt or even just across the bridge from Asaba?

The biggest national economies now are harnessing their numbers (US, China, India, Germany etc) but we're bent on dividing.

Before we address corruption at the center, Kano indegenes reelected Ganduje, Uzor Orji Kalu stole his state dry but is a hero today, Tinubu is worshiped by Yorubas even though he collects a share of all their revenues.

The problem is not the center. Look in the mirror and start making corrections from there. You help your family members pay to pass ssce, pay to get admission, pay to get a job, pay to get a contract, bribe police cos your car has no complete papers, jump the queue for fuel etc etc.

Our leaders are a reflection of what we cherish. A reflection of us. Goodluck ruled for 7years and igbo was fully in charge of government, how much did igbo land develop? It was Yaradua the Hausa man that earnestly started dredging the Niger, guess who stopped it?

https://niwa.gov.ng/ive-seen-much-of-the-world-working-on-water-niwa-md-danladi-ibrahim/

However, when the Late President Yar’adua came into government, the real re-engineering came up, and that gave an opportunity for the dredging of the River Niger from Baro to Warri in Delta State. That has been concluded and we are now maintening that aspect. Last year, ex-President Goodluck Jonathan awarded the contract for the dredging of River Benue to the tune of about N26 million. That has not commenced because there is no cash backing.

1 Like

Re: Do Not Be Deceived: Igboland Is Landlocked And Will Face Economic Hardship by oyatz(m): 5:58am On May 20, 2020
By extension, do you also think that The Arewa Republic can also build a River Port on the Upper River Niger at Lokoja and start shipping their goods through Biafra enroute the Atlantic ocean?

gidgiddy:

Nigerian Sovereignty does not extend to international waters or water ways. Nigeria may own the land, but it does not own the River. In the event that the SE becomes an independent country, it can do all its shipping through Onitsha, Oguta and Obuaku and theres nothing Nigeria can do about it without violating international law
Re: Do Not Be Deceived: Igboland Is Landlocked And Will Face Economic Hardship by Parisian: 6:24am On May 20, 2020
Lmao....Ignorance will drive ya'll into your own slaughter houses.

Let me make this clear. If a country is bordered by the sea, then anything 200 nautical miles into that sea is its territory.
Do you understand that? When biafra becones independent, it will "obviously" be landlocked (assuming no SS state choses to go with them). With that, they will be at the mercy of their SS neighbors and come into an agreement on tax/levies to pay whenever they want to use SS ports.

Trust the SS to slap huge taxes on them. It will be business as usual. Read up, so you don't get lost.

gidgiddy:

1 Like

Re: Do Not Be Deceived: Igboland Is Landlocked And Will Face Economic Hardship by Parisian: 6:28am On May 20, 2020
Not dependent on yoruba but dependent on SS
MetaPhysical:
Yenefer,

1 Like

Re: Do Not Be Deceived: Igboland Is Landlocked And Will Face Economic Hardship by gidgiddy: 6:32am On May 20, 2020
oyatz:
By extension, do you also think that The Arewa Republic can also build a River Port on the Upper River Niger at Lokoja and start shipping their goods through Biafra enroute the Atlantic ocean?

Of course, its an international waterway and they are free to use the River. However it is for them the check the economic viability of doing so as Lokoja is much farther from the Sea than Oguta and Obuaku that are very near to the Sea
Re: Do Not Be Deceived: Igboland Is Landlocked And Will Face Economic Hardship by lx3as(m): 6:35am On May 20, 2020
Some dullards believe they can easily dredge rivers in another country as if Niger, Mali did same in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Do Not Be Deceived: Igboland Is Landlocked And Will Face Economic Hardship by dokiOloye(m): 6:38am On May 20, 2020
Dtribeless:

I'm responding on a blog, my guy. Who hold Igbo? I have good relationships with the ones I know. Genocide was what happened last time, unfortunately. It should not happen again. An Igbo guy, Director at a major bank in the US hired me, knowing I might not be fully prepared for the job on day 1, but hoping I'll cope and adjust. I did, at the very least to reward his confidence in me. That's the love we show each other in the diaspora, not the local/IPOB home fight. I guess it's poverty. For me, Igbos are blacks, I care about all blacks the same (tribe does not matter to me). That may be because I've been all over the place and see we are on the backfoot and treated like semi-animals, so to hear this IPOB supremacy nonsense infuriates me. It seems like a confirmation of what other think about us -- clueless.
delusion of grandeur
Re: Do Not Be Deceived: Igboland Is Landlocked And Will Face Economic Hardship by maestroferddi: 6:45am On May 20, 2020
Dtribeless:

You lack practicality, Mr Man...

The English, the French, the Italians and the Germans were the original arrowheads of the white race...

Most other whites accepted it and moved on with life.

Today the US is the capo di tuti capi in the scheme of things...everybody somehow accepts it and the world is thriving.

The supposition that all people are on the same footing, at least in the sense you are seeing it, is senseless idealism which lacks even a scintilla of pragmatism.

Petty jealousies and senseless spitefulness is buried deep in the DNA of an average black man...

For Africa to move ahead, her problems must be solved by Africans and I see nothing wrong for a signature race to champion the emancipation drive.

The Igbos can lead...

PostScript...No surprises that an Igbo son provided the wings with which you are apparently flying...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Former Nigerian Olympic Athlete Arrested For Murder In South Africa / Obafemi Awolowo: When Will They Let The Name Go / List Of Terrorism Charges Against Arrested Radio Biafra Leader Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.