Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

The Deadly Weapon Used By The German During World War II & I - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / The Deadly Weapon Used By The German During World War II & I (584 Views)

Top 10 Most Deadly Weapon Owned By France Military / Top 10 Deadly Weapon Owned By India Military / Top 5 Most Deadly Military Weapon Owned By South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Deadly Weapon Used By The German During World War II & I by Gcleaf(m): 4:25pm On May 19, 2020
As reported in the Washington Post, some historians have traced this reluctance to Hitler’s own experience as a soldier during World War I. Though Germany was the first to unleash chlorine gas on French troops during the Second Battle of Ypres in April 1915, Britain and France would also employ chlorine and mustard gas during the Great War, generating widespread outrage over the new horrors of chemical warfare.

One famous U.S. project from the 1950s was Project Thor, which never got past the conceptual stage. Various concepts for space weapons over the years included "Rods from God," which would drop kinetic-energy weapons from orbit, as well as small satellites that would have onboard targeting systems allowing them to aim at other satellites or at the ground below.

The delegation held a couple of meetings but was mostly met with laughs. The Israelis were trying to sell oranges, kerosene stove tops and fake teeth. For countries like Argentina, which grew its own oranges and was connected to the electrical grid, the products were pretty useless.

By April, German chemists had tested a method of releasing chlorine gas from pressurised cylinders and thousands of French Algerian troops were smothered in a ghostly green cloud of chlorine at the second Battle of Ypres. With no protection, many died from the agonies of suffocation.

On April 22, 1915, German forces shock Allied soldiers along the western front by firing more than 150 tons of lethal chlorine gas against two French colonial divisions at Ypres, Belgium. This was the first major gas attack by the Germans, and it devastated the Allied line.Toxic smoke has been used occasionally in warfare since ancient times, and in 1912 the French used small amounts of tear gas in police operations. At the outbreak of World War I, the Germans began actively to develop chemical weapons.

In October 1914, the Germans placed some small tear-gas canisters in shells that were fired at Neuve Chapelle, France, but Allied troops were not exposed. In January 1915, the Germans fired shells loaded with xylyl bromide, a more lethal gas, at Russian troops at Bolimov on the eastern front. Because of the wintry cold, most of the gas froze, but the Russians nonetheless reported more than 1,000 killed as a result of the new weapon.

Tech Developments of World War I On April 22, 1915, the Germans launched their first and only offensive of the year. Known as the Second Battle of Ypres, the offensive began with the usual artillery bombardment of the enemy’s line. When the shelling died down, the Allied defenders waited for the first wave of German attack troops but instead were thrown into panic when chlorine gas wafted across no-man’s land and down into their trenches.

In full details
https://www.operanewsapp.com/ng/en/share/detail?news_id=25e38db27f4e1283d40ea9fdeb889319&news_entry_id=s36f00069200519en_ng&open_type=transcoded&request_id=SUBSCRIBE_ITEM_338bfdf1-fec9-4871-a052-1cc5a0759ca1&from=news

1 Share

Re: The Deadly Weapon Used By The German During World War II & I by temblor1(m): 4:36pm On May 19, 2020
Evils grin
Re: The Deadly Weapon Used By The German During World War II & I by ehinmowo: 6:13pm On May 19, 2020
The only saving grace in the world today is that the world is saner! And there is hardly any hiding thing. Once it happens somewhere, before you say Buhari, the whole world would have known.

If you watch ancient warfare, especially the ones with religious undertone, you would see how people commit barbarism in the name of Kings or God.

(1) (Reply)

USA HP Pavilion 15 Intel / HP Pavilion Dm4 Corei 5 / Mobile Phones For Sale From The UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.