Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,160 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

Why Is It So Hard To Learn Programming,advice Needed Pls!! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Is It So Hard To Learn Programming,advice Needed Pls!! (440 Views)

Why Is It So Hard To Find A Job In Nigeria? / FG Uncovers 925 Hard-to-fill Vacancies In Labour Market / Should He Accept The Job Offer As A University Graduate? Pls Advice Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is It So Hard To Learn Programming,advice Needed Pls!! by Nobody: 4:57pm On May 19, 2020
I've been wanting to learn a skill and after all my findings I settled for computer programming, so I opt for Python first,I had no one to teach me so I head forward to YouTube to learn it,so I downloaded some videos over 6 hrs plus,it was all fun from the start but as soon as I got towards the quarter of the video, everything turns against me,it appears as if programming is only meant for few people or am just not doing it the right way,or maybe the video on YouTube is just not the right way to start!!

Any advice for me pls
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Learn Programming,advice Needed Pls!! by madampresident(f): 5:58pm On May 19, 2020
It feels that way for most people. You're not alone.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It So Hard To Learn Programming,advice Needed Pls!! by Slickbishop(m): 6:00pm On May 19, 2020
Fortunatesoul:
I've been wanting to learn a skill and after all my findings I settled for computer programming, so I opt for Python first,I had no one to teach me so I head forward to YouTube to learn it,so I downloaded some videos over 6 hrs plus,it was all fun from the start but as soon as I got towards the quarter of the video, everything turns against me,it appears as if programming is only meant for few people or am just not doing it the right way,or maybe the video on YouTube is just not the right way to start!!

Any advice for me pls

can u please send me some of the video
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Learn Programming,advice Needed Pls!! by Nobody: 6:03pm On May 19, 2020
Slickbishop:

can u please send me some of the video
I downloaded it from YouTube bro..it's long one,just log on to YouTube and type in it"learn Python for begginers"you will see a lot of videos to choose from
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Learn Programming,advice Needed Pls!! by Seikiri1: 6:40pm On May 19, 2020
That is how it feels like when you are starting it off....but i will advise you start with html and CSS before u go into any major programming language like python. it will make life more easier than jumping into major languages.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It So Hard To Learn Programming,advice Needed Pls!! by maybet081: 6:43pm On May 19, 2020
how do u ever think u can learn such a rigorous mental skills just through videos ,u must be mentored by a physical experts, YouTube just selling their markets

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It So Hard To Learn Programming,advice Needed Pls!! by tomisinuno(m): 6:46pm On May 19, 2020
I advise you start with HTML or PHP if you are just sliding into IT, esp programming for that matter.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It So Hard To Learn Programming,advice Needed Pls!! by jesmond3945: 6:51pm On May 19, 2020
My brother don't settle for any html. Motivate yourself to learn and you will conquer. Nothing good comes easy. You are talking of python, what of C. That one go give you headache.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is It So Hard To Learn Programming,advice Needed Pls!! by Nobody: 7:06pm On May 19, 2020
Thanks guys for the input
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Learn Programming,advice Needed Pls!! by tobechukwu7(m): 1:02pm On May 20, 2020
Fortunatesoul:
Thanks guys for the input

You can go straight into learning python, just take it slowly, if you are learning from youtube.

You don't need to have prior knowledge in other programming languages before you start learning python. That's not right.

Also, please disregard notions that suggests you must learn from a physical tutor first before you understand, as that's not true either.

Just open your mind towards it, watch and re-watch slowly, don't try to learn it all at once, because you most likely would get confused.. take down notes while watching those videos, read through the notes periodically. You will be fine.. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Why Is It So Hard To Learn Programming,advice Needed Pls!! by tot(f): 7:40pm On May 20, 2020
Fortunatesoul:

Any advice for me pls

There are LOADS of tutorials on Python, but a good number of them are not explanatory.

The way I see any programming language is like a toolbox - each tool (concepts e.g. list, arrays, functions) is for a specific purpose. The more tools you learn how to use, the more versatile you become. You also need to learn how to use the basic tools before you can progress to more advanced ones.

Also, very important, practice with exercises as you are learning - in fact that is the only way to learn IMHO. That is also how to assess your development as you go along till you get to a point you can take on projects.

https://www.w3resource.com/python-exercises/
https://www.onlinegdb.com/online_python_interpreter

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Account Officers And Admin Officers Needed / Professional Real Estate Marketer In Lagos At Oxford Westville Prestigious Inves / An Invite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.