Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,079 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

Twelve Count Rule: Curbing Anger Practically - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Twelve Count Rule: Curbing Anger Practically (220 Views)

Curbing Incessant Accident In Akwa Ibom Transport Company (AKTC) / People Who Dont Show Their Anger More Dangerous Than Those Who Do, True/False? / How Do You Control Your Anger When Seriously Provoked? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Twelve Count Rule: Curbing Anger Practically by Ladipamela(f): 5:26pm On May 19, 2020
Twelve count rule: curbing anger practically
The twelve count rule states that "to curtail anger, always count 1-12 in your subconscious mind before speaking or taking an action".
Getting angry seems inevitable in our everyday's life and interaction with others. It's either we are upset or someone else is annoyed because of our actions or decisions. We speak harsh words when hurt which are often regretted when calm. It is common knowledge in every community that spoken words are irreversible that is why it is best that we think of the pros and cons of our words before speaking.
It is said that " we are all reflections of our thoughts " that is to say our words, actions, characters and attitudes are all directed by our dominant thoughts. We should try as much as possible to think positively of ourselves and others and it will go a long way to curtail anger. You can't give what you don't have; if you are upset with yourself then how can you be happy with the people around you? How can you also treat people nicely? In essence our personal happiness will go a long way to improve our life. Our words and actions are dependent on our thoughts. They can be controlled if we monitor our thoughts. Feed the subconscious mind with positive and happy thoughts at all times because our thoughts determine our words.
Words are powerful; they can build or mar relationships, heal or wound, cheer or sadden, encourage or discourage, comfort or grieve. Everytime we speak to others, our words produce effects which can be positive or negative. No word is void. It's either the person we are speaking to do not put our words into consideration to feel the impact. We should always remember that words are seeds; they grow to reproduce after their kind.
The 12 count rule can also help in curtailing anger, excitement and in cases when we need to make decisions abruptly. It dissolves anger and reduces the rate at which we act on impulse. It can improve our choice of words and will go a long to reduce the possibility of overreacting in situations. It's best if we'll take a step and put it into practice for our betterment.
Re: Twelve Count Rule: Curbing Anger Practically by temblor1(m): 5:31pm On May 19, 2020
Miss, but I only have 10 fingers. After the 10th count what next
Re: Twelve Count Rule: Curbing Anger Practically by ruem: 5:58pm On May 19, 2020
Spacing and paragraphing would have made this article worth reading. Kindly do the needful
Re: Twelve Count Rule: Curbing Anger Practically by Ladipamela(f): 10:20pm On May 19, 2020
thanks a lot..I'll take note of it
Re: Twelve Count Rule: Curbing Anger Practically by Ladipamela(f): 3:36pm On May 20, 2020
temblor1:
Miss, but I only have 10 fingers. After the 10th count what next
I meant u'll count in your subconscious mind
Re: Twelve Count Rule: Curbing Anger Practically by Ladipamela(f): 3:36pm On May 20, 2020
ruem:
Spacing and paragraphing would have made this article worth reading. Kindly do the needful
tanks a lot
I'll take note of that
Re: Twelve Count Rule: Curbing Anger Practically by temblor1(m): 4:49pm On May 20, 2020
Ladipamela:

I meant u'll count in your subconscious mind
So at the count of 10 I'll have to loop back like CD wey scratch or like a stammerer?
When you provoke me, it'll be in your best interest to remember wetin corona don teach us by maintaining social distancing angry

(1) (Reply)

Apga National Chairman, Oye Felicitates With Muslims On End Of Ramadan Fast / Let Them Go! / DAMN - Omah Lay 8D Audio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.