Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,687 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

One COVID-19 Test Conducted In Kogi Since Outbreak — NCDC - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / One COVID-19 Test Conducted In Kogi Since Outbreak — NCDC (45504 Views)

Nigeria At Moderate Risk Of Marburg Virus Disease Outbreak - NCDC / One COVID-19 Patient Escapes From Taraba Isolation Centre / Lagos Confirms One COVID-19 Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One COVID-19 Test Conducted In Kogi Since Outbreak — NCDC by goaldynboy: 9:42pm On May 19, 2020
This Yobe States' score get as e be!

Out of 50 tested, 32 are positive!

If you work with that ratio, it means almost everyone in that state has it!!!!

3 Likes

Re: One COVID-19 Test Conducted In Kogi Since Outbreak — NCDC by OsuIgboIpob: 9:44pm On May 19, 2020
Lamasta:
What do you expect before? in a country of 150 million plus less than 50,000 people have been tested and You tell me it is well with the govenment
It will definitely not be well with this country.
In UK sometimes they do 120k tests in a single day.
Re: One COVID-19 Test Conducted In Kogi Since Outbreak — NCDC by Tobinrobin(m): 9:49pm On May 19, 2020
Legendre2:

Nobody is covering it up. I grew up in Kogi State, my family - with which I communicate everyday - live there.

Well apparently people in Kogi don’t have the virus then or are you insinuating that the government is lying & just like your state government claimed the virus is also a scam to you?
Re: One COVID-19 Test Conducted In Kogi Since Outbreak — NCDC by Lamasta(m): 9:51pm On May 19, 2020
ArcSEMPECJ:

That fear was considered before after the media posts in western world but as people are not falling dead on the streets of Naija, the government became surprised and confused about the whole thing.....

May it continue to be so until we forget about this COVID

Its only hunger that can kill an African man on the roadside not Covid-19 grin
Re: One COVID-19 Test Conducted In Kogi Since Outbreak — NCDC by Tobinrobin(m): 9:51pm On May 19, 2020
tonapuck:

If they are dying, the people there are not so foolish, they will cry out. Not this days of social media

Really? You believe they can’t cover this up & mix it up as non related to covid-19? Social media or not, if they want to cover up they will. The point is the virus is real & Kogi might just be lucky not to have patient zero yet & how can they know this when they’re not even testing?
Re: One COVID-19 Test Conducted In Kogi Since Outbreak — NCDC by Lamasta(m): 9:52pm On May 19, 2020
OsuIgboIpob:
It will definitely not be well with this country. In UK sometimes they do 120k tests in a single day.
Our government themself don't take Covid-19 serious
Re: One COVID-19 Test Conducted In Kogi Since Outbreak — NCDC by Tobinrobin(m): 9:54pm On May 19, 2020
WHITELIGHTER:

But we haven't heard of covid-19 related deaths in those states, yet.

Because we haven’t heard anything doesn’t rue out the fact that the virus exist & they just might not have patient zero yet. That doesn’t mean the virus is a scam.
Re: One COVID-19 Test Conducted In Kogi Since Outbreak — NCDC by Tobinrobin(m): 9:55pm On May 19, 2020
maasoap:

I can bet it that there is a cover up currently going on in Kogi state.

A very huge coverup. Yahaya is trying to be like Ganduje the only difference is this one isn’t clamoring for money. He’s not even testing & stand on the ground that the virus doesn’t exist

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: One COVID-19 Test Conducted In Kogi Since Outbreak — NCDC by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 10:01pm On May 19, 2020
[quote author=Lamasta post=89738813]

Its only hunger that can kill an African man on the roadside not Covid-19 grin[/quote

Lols....Oga Covid -19 is in safia pains.....Oluwa helping the helpless African man since 18AD

2 Likes

Re: One COVID-19 Test Conducted In Kogi Since Outbreak — NCDC by Gabbriell: 10:29pm On May 19, 2020
Chai..Yobe state:
Number of people tested =50
Confirmed cases =32

2 Likes

Re: One COVID-19 Test Conducted In Kogi Since Outbreak — NCDC by akmome: 10:35pm On May 19, 2020
God should please heal the world.
Re: One COVID-19 Test Conducted In Kogi Since Outbreak — NCDC by mindtricks: 10:46pm On May 19, 2020
Wow! Fantastic!
Gov Bello of Kogi man of action indeed.
A perfect representation of what our leaders are all about.
Re: One COVID-19 Test Conducted In Kogi Since Outbreak — NCDC by DECENCY3: 10:49pm On May 19, 2020
Corona as they describe it cannot be hidden just like a pregnancy.

Even though test is not being conducted in this two state, people are equally not dropping dead in quatum and no dead bodies littering the streets.

Is it a national cake that they believe every state must have a share?

Now that NCDC have stepped their feet in Cross River, we don't want to start staying up late to check our name in the score sheet everyday.

2 Likes

Re: One COVID-19 Test Conducted In Kogi Since Outbreak — NCDC by wickyyolo: 10:57pm On May 19, 2020
Lifeless2018:
Ayade is just a fool. Behaving like SUG PRESIDENT. I'M A CROSS RIVERIAN AND STAY IN CALABAR. DON'T ARGUE WITH ME
You’re a disgrace

2 Likes

Re: One COVID-19 Test Conducted In Kogi Since Outbreak — NCDC by Gabbriell: 11:03pm On May 19, 2020
Like it or not; Coronavirus is not effective in Nigeria compared to Europe & America.

From February-May so far...we still dey gallant. We haven't done anything better than Spain, Italy, USA and the likes. If the virus is as effective here here, our epileptic system of government won't be able to handle it. Las las Covid-19 go turn to virus version of malaria in Nigeria.

All I can say is thanks be to God.

2 Likes

Re: One COVID-19 Test Conducted In Kogi Since Outbreak — NCDC by Ghostmode2two(m): 11:03pm On May 19, 2020
Baba Yahaya Bello na wa oooo
Re: One COVID-19 Test Conducted In Kogi Since Outbreak — NCDC by ponziponzi(m): 11:06pm On May 19, 2020
Legendre2:

An equally moronic reply. So you go about testing people from home to home, people on the street etc because you want to do "early testing"?. Whatever happened to the conditions a patient must meet before testing.

Yes, you test whoever is testable. Where I live, there are many drive-throughs, just like KFCs or McDonalds, you don't need to get out of your car. If you have anything like headache, flu or you feel you have been in contact with anyone with the virus, you just go there. Even if you have coronavirus, all you need to do is stay at home and take paracetamol. Do you know that 90% of people with COV-19 do not require any hospitalisation and many don't even show symptoms? So you know, in NY, there are currently 270,000 cases, however, less than 7000 are in the hospital, the rest are at home.

When you don't test people, you allow the virus to spread until it starts to kill the most vulnerable people. For example yesterday only, UK tested 83,000 people while Nigeria tested <1000. Even Ghana here has tested 6times (180,000 till date) more than Nigeria (~33,000).

People all over the world are not stupid, there is a reason why Nigeria don't have constant power supply after 60 years of Independence. It is all over your post.

2 Likes

Re: One COVID-19 Test Conducted In Kogi Since Outbreak — NCDC by pearlies55: 11:14pm On May 19, 2020
Collins300:
hmm ,i just dey pity kogi & cross river people
how??

1 Like

Re: One COVID-19 Test Conducted In Kogi Since Outbreak — NCDC by Lugianostar(m): 11:53pm On May 19, 2020
Cross River and Kogi are doing great
Re: One COVID-19 Test Conducted In Kogi Since Outbreak — NCDC by Lekison(m): 11:58pm On May 19, 2020
Legendre2:

Death is not something that can be covered up. Especially if they're mysterious. I have friends from all the ethnic groups there. Believe me, people are not dying there.
you get time to dey answer I have been in kogi for some months now and as far as I know there have been no reported case of mysterious deaths whatsoever either here in lokoja nor Kabba

2 Likes

Re: One COVID-19 Test Conducted In Kogi Since Outbreak — NCDC by Lekison(m): 12:04am On May 20, 2020
Chiedu4Trump:
No wonder why Almajiris are trooping to the South, the North has become a death trap.

Only one test since?
please don't get it twisted oga...Kogi is not a hausa state neither do they have Almajiris there....infact the state has nothing to do with Almajiris please be guided.

1 Like

Re: One COVID-19 Test Conducted In Kogi Since Outbreak — NCDC by Investnow2017: 12:07am On May 20, 2020
ponziponzi:

Yes, you test whoever is testable. Where I live, there are many drive-throughs, just like KFCs or McDonalds, you don't need to get out of your car. If you have anything like headache, flu or you feel you have been in contact with anyone with the virus, you just go there. Even if you have coronavirus, all you need to do is stay at home and take paracetamol. Do you know that 90% of people with COV-19 do not require any hospitalisation and many don't even show symptoms? So you know, in NY, there are currently 270,000 cases, however, less than 7000 are in the hospital, the rest are at home.

When you don't test people, you allow the virus to spread until it starts to kill the most vulnerable people. For example yesterday only, UK tested 83,000 people while Nigeria tested <1000. Even Ghana here has tested 6times (180,000 till date) more than Nigeria (~33,000).

People all over the world are not stupid, there is a reason why Nigeria don't have constant power supply after 60 years of Independence. It is all over your post.

Thank you dear. You pulled this out of my mouth. To think that the same people who were heaping curses on the govt a few months ago for the delay in closing borders etc are the same people now screaming that same pandemic is a scam irks me to my marrow. Unless you are on a ventilator many folks here will not believe you have Covid-19. The ignorance about this contagion is as deep as that. That on one side.

Is the govt too helping matters? Just think of Yobe registering 32 out of miserly tests of 50. Any sane system would rather hasten the speed of testing in such hotspots, but no. In a pandemic that many nations have tested millions of their citizens and we are still less than 40k after 3 months, a 3hour feat of some countries is as appalling as it is reckless. To me let us forget about this Covid-19 fight here as two things have become very clear:

1) Most Nigerians don't believe it exists in Nigeria.
2) Govt has not demonstrated that it is a contagion they can successfully eradicate.

I have much to say, but I choose to stop here.

2 Likes

Re: One COVID-19 Test Conducted In Kogi Since Outbreak — NCDC by BushDoctor123: 12:30am On May 20, 2020
Collins300:
Nothing dey happen. It's over two months now since the pandemic & no covid 19 death in kogi state. If e dey e for don show tey tey. I am presently in kogi. The covid wahala is over hipped.

1 Like

Re: One COVID-19 Test Conducted In Kogi Since Outbreak — NCDC by Roon9(m): 1:19am On May 20, 2020
Orestino:
All the freaking best!

For all we know, dead bodies arent littering the streets of Kogi state

So why is the hype of the scamdemic too much?

Lols! A lot of persons would love to wake up to that news tho
Re: One COVID-19 Test Conducted In Kogi Since Outbreak — NCDC by Roon9(m): 1:21am On May 20, 2020
tonapuck:

Don't you think they should be dropping dead by now?

Did he answer!?

1 Like

Re: One COVID-19 Test Conducted In Kogi Since Outbreak — NCDC by egojiokwu(m): 1:30am On May 20, 2020
BlackSpanner:
So what actually hindered NCDC from conducting tests there as they have done in other states.

Abeg we are tired of all these corona news.
Their governor doesn't want any test conducted and have warned them not to do so.

1 Like

Re: One COVID-19 Test Conducted In Kogi Since Outbreak — NCDC by TASng(m): 1:41am On May 20, 2020
Is it not SCAM?
If truly is not scam, atleast we should have being see people die here & there & count numbers of death like we see in overseas with real video, I am not talking of audio death number by your NCDC.

It's over 2 month now, no one showed any symptoms or slumped & die, yet you still think there is imaginary virus there.

I am just tired of of all these gullible Nigerians who can't user their own brain to proccess things & believe whatever fantastically corrupt Nigeria politician told them.

No be only you dey watch CNN & BBC.

Lots of evidence has emerged everyday day to proof this things is nothing but big SCAM, lots of video evidence on twitter, but my fellow gullible Nigerians Wii counter it.

I just believe all these people defending this civid-419, there uncle, parents, simbling are part of government officials that are benefits from billions of Naira donation from this SCAMdemic.

Due to environment will live, lots of Nigerians has malaria parasites in their blood & now everyone is covid-19 victims

Tobinrobin:
What do you expect when they claim the virus is a scam? I pray God keep them safe sha grin
Re: One COVID-19 Test Conducted In Kogi Since Outbreak — NCDC by egojiokwu(m): 1:45am On May 20, 2020
greenhulk:

So they should start picking people up at random for tests? So far there are no suspected cases, then there won't be contacts to be traced and tested.
People with symptoms are dying in Kogi without being test. Ask Kogi FMC. The state have vowed never to submit samples for testing. The virus is doing damages there but the fatality rate of the virus is not much. That's why it seems as nothing is happening. With time it will be obvious. My concern is that people will be carrying this virus from Kogi to share in other states considering that inter state movement is not strictly enforced.

1 Like

Re: One COVID-19 Test Conducted In Kogi Since Outbreak — NCDC by 12345baba(m): 1:47am On May 20, 2020
Useless ncdc
Re: One COVID-19 Test Conducted In Kogi Since Outbreak — NCDC by DanEmakoji(m): 3:53am On May 20, 2020
Collins300:

Pity yourself...is anyone sick and dead and has Covid-19 symptoms in Kogi?
Re: One COVID-19 Test Conducted In Kogi Since Outbreak — NCDC by DanEmakoji(m): 3:55am On May 20, 2020
ILoveDemMANNA:
As long as there are no dead bodie littering every corner of Kogi.
Kogites are doing well.

Thanks O'jare

2 Likes

Re: One COVID-19 Test Conducted In Kogi Since Outbreak — NCDC by Asiri1991: 4:04am On May 20, 2020
Who else noticed the Yobe statistics?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Warning Signs That You May Be At Risk Of A Heart Attack And What To Do / Photo Benelin And Codein Syrup Abuse In Northern Nigeria. / 100 Level NSUK Student Commits Suicide Over Failed Relationship (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.