Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,752 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

Demand For Re-opening Of Churches At This Period Is Wrong: Archbishop Samson - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Demand For Re-opening Of Churches At This Period Is Wrong: Archbishop Samson (242 Views)

Lagos Government Suspends Re-Opening Of Churches And Mosques / Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches / Bishop Chukwuma: I Didn’t Dare Government Over Closure Of Churches In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Demand For Re-opening Of Churches At This Period Is Wrong: Archbishop Samson by StarMediaRen: 10:54pm On May 19, 2020
Says "We Will Resist Any Vaccine from Abroad"

The Founder and General Overseer for Resurrection Praise Ministry for Africa Worldwide – Archbishop Samson Mustapha Benjamin has urged Nigerians to adhere strictly to public health experts advises on ways to avoid contracting the ravaging corona virus.

Speaking at a press briefing in Lagos today, the clergy man noted it would be ill-advised for government to ease the lock-down now considering the increase in the rate of the virus in the country. He however advised the government to ensure equitable distribution of palliatives to the vulnerable in the country for a total lock-down to be effective.

Samson stated, “I urge people to engage more in preventive measures such as eating healthy food, taking vitamin C, social distancing and proper hygiene to beat the virus”.

The Archbishop spoke against religious leaders calling for church re-opening. In his words “I am not criticizing anyone but to be honest, it is a wrong thing to open religious institutions at this period”

He opined that it would be good if the government can organize a meeting with religious leaders, companies and well-meaning Nigerians to in other to map out proper plans towards covering all deserving areas in the state where the poor can be reached so as to make available for them lock-down palliatives. “If not, I fear that a complete lockdown will not be easy to adhere to in a country where majority of the people are daily income earners” he said.

The religious leader was also quick to call for full re-opening of markers since that is where most of essential services are rendered. On the controversial vaccine as a means to ensuring adequate prevention against the virus, the archbishop was emphatic as he stood against the idea. “I am also absolutely against the vaccine that wants to be introduced into Africa from abroad, I do not believe it is best for us and we will resist it. Some of us resisted the Disease Control Bill that was brought to the House of Assembly because it took away all your right as an individual. The quarantine Law of 2004 gives you a Civil Right and your Human Right but the Bill takes away such rights and gives the power solely to the government. We thank the honourable minister for listening to our cries and putting the Bill aside until it is properly scrutinized and ensures safety of health”. He said.

Source: https://starmediaren.com/2020/05/19/it-is-wrong-for-pastors-to-demand-re-opening-of-churches-at-this-period-archbishop-samson/

1 Share

Re: Demand For Re-opening Of Churches At This Period Is Wrong: Archbishop Samson by Samuel1402(m): 12:12am On May 20, 2020
Ok

1 Like

Re: Demand For Re-opening Of Churches At This Period Is Wrong: Archbishop Samson by tamonokare: 2:35am On May 20, 2020
Please tell your fellow tithe eaters.

1 Like

Re: Demand For Re-opening Of Churches At This Period Is Wrong: Archbishop Samson by maggilove(f): 3:32am On May 20, 2020
Thank you very much sir, I'm a Christian but I don't support reopening of churches now, even if mosques are reopened for jumat prayers, I want my fellow Christians to understand that we are not in a competition, must churches open now too?
Let's be patient and watch what is happening first, its not as if we are cowards but if we want to exhibit good Christian virtues, I will say it again we have to be patient.
This issue is deep and I don't want to say some things online, he who has ears ...
Even if it's 2 Sundays, let's wait after all some go to church for genuine worship while some just go for fun ,gist and show off.

1 Like

Re: Demand For Re-opening Of Churches At This Period Is Wrong: Archbishop Samson by StrikeBack(m): 7:12am On May 20, 2020
But the holy Spirit In Oyedepo says otherwise

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Building A Strong Spirit / Is God Partial? / Adeboye: It Will Take A Miracle For COVID-19 To Disappear

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.