Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,904 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:55 PM

Coronavirus Survivor Shares Shocking Body Transformation Photo In Hospital. PICX - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus Survivor Shares Shocking Body Transformation Photo In Hospital. PICX (3085 Views)

Second-Degree Burn Survivor Shares Before And After Photos / Woman's Body Transformation Surprises Social Media Users (Photos) / Nigerian COVID-19 Survivor Shares His Experience At Lagos Isolation Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coronavirus Survivor Shares Shocking Body Transformation Photo In Hospital. PICX by nairafame2: 12:52pm On May 20, 2020
A 43-year-old California man has shared a shocking photo of the toll the coronavirus has taken on his strapping body – turning it into an emaciated shell during his six-week stay in a hospital, according to a report.

Mike Schultz, 43, a nurse from San Francisco with no underlying health conditions, weighed about 190 pounds when he pumped iron almost every day, according to BuzzFeed News.

But after dropping 50 pounds amid the ravages of COVID-19, Schultz decided to share two images to his 30,000 Instagram followers – one taken about a month before he fell ill, the other snapped at a Boston hospital.

“I wanted to show it can happen to anyone It doesn’t matter if you’re young or old, have pre-existing conditions or not. It can affect you,” Schultz told BuzzFeed.

“I knew what I thought going in [about the coronavirus]. I didn’t think it was as serious as it was until after things started happening,” he said. “I thought I was young enough for it not to affect me, and I know a lot of people think that.

Schultz said he was exhausted just standing up briefly to take the harrowing photo.

“I was so weak. This was one of the most frustrating parts,” he told the news outlet. “I couldn’t hold my cellphone — it was so heavy. I couldn’t type, because my hands shook so much.”

Schultz, who went to the hospital on March 16, also had completely lost track of time, saying: “I thought only a week had gone by.”

He arrived in Boston to visit his boyfriend, Josh Hebblethwaite, 29, on March 14 — a week after they had traveled to Miami Beach for a festival where at least 38 people later tested positive for the illness and three men died, BuzzFeed reported.

“We knew it was out there,” Schultz said. “There were no real restrictions in place, though. No lockdowns. We just thought, ‘Well, we gotta wash our hands more and be wary of touching our face.’”

A couple of days after arriving in Beantown, Schultz began feeling very sick and headed to a hospital. He had a 103-degree fever and his lungs were filled with liquid.

“They took him right in and didn’t let me stay to say goodbye,” Hebblethwaite said.

See More Photos Below
https://www.nairafame.com/2020/05/coronavirus-survivor-shares-shocking.html

Re: Coronavirus Survivor Shares Shocking Body Transformation Photo In Hospital. PICX by vastolord4(m): 12:55pm On May 20, 2020
it can happen to anybody. Stay safe
Re: Coronavirus Survivor Shares Shocking Body Transformation Photo In Hospital. PICX by chris4gold(m): 1:02pm On May 20, 2020
Inside life, compare to those guys on isolation center here in my country, obviously coro pass coro cool

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Survivor Shares Shocking Body Transformation Photo In Hospital. PICX by Nobody: 1:03pm On May 20, 2020
Wow. This virus is terrible.

Yet some people have it and are asymptomatic. Others have it and get over it without any special medication.

It must be the GMO foodstuff they stuff their bellies with.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Survivor Shares Shocking Body Transformation Photo In Hospital. PICX by godkiller(m): 1:03pm On May 20, 2020
May God continue to help us.

We are training youths on solar panel production and installation.

If you want to learn or volunteer to teach please drop your WhatsApp number, location and area of interest.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: Coronavirus Survivor Shares Shocking Body Transformation Photo In Hospital. PICX by Nokio1: 1:10pm On May 20, 2020
chai..
Re: Coronavirus Survivor Shares Shocking Body Transformation Photo In Hospital. PICX by ValCon888: 1:35pm On May 20, 2020
The virus has taken its pound of flesh.
He should just be thankful he's alive.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Survivor Shares Shocking Body Transformation Photo In Hospital. PICX by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 1:40pm On May 20, 2020
grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Survivor Shares Shocking Body Transformation Photo In Hospital. PICX by Haryourmieykhun(m): 3:33pm On May 20, 2020
I disagree this one do surgery not only coronavirus check his neck
Re: Coronavirus Survivor Shares Shocking Body Transformation Photo In Hospital. PICX by Nelsonnwagbo(m): 4:27pm On May 20, 2020
Be grateful that u are alive
Re: Coronavirus Survivor Shares Shocking Body Transformation Photo In Hospital. PICX by Notori44: 4:41pm On May 20, 2020
There is nothing shocking about this. Any serious sickness can cause a person to lose weight. This just shows that what the man had beneath his skin was fat and not muscle.
Re: Coronavirus Survivor Shares Shocking Body Transformation Photo In Hospital. PICX by lilbarracuda(m): 9:07pm On May 20, 2020
Our Nigeria patients comes out fatter
Re: Coronavirus Survivor Shares Shocking Body Transformation Photo In Hospital. PICX by tojos(m): 9:26pm On May 20, 2020
This disease is really serious. See transformation shocked undecided
Re: Coronavirus Survivor Shares Shocking Body Transformation Photo In Hospital. PICX by KfashionHubb: 2:57am On May 21, 2020
They fed him through the tube attached to his belly.
And gave air directly to his lungs via the hole in his neck
Re: Coronavirus Survivor Shares Shocking Body Transformation Photo In Hospital. PICX by usefullchinex: 4:21am On May 21, 2020
make money online

join my watapp group to learn binary trade
Follow this link to join my WhatsApp group: https:///DmFEKTioljGLCUAnWQGKzB
Re: Coronavirus Survivor Shares Shocking Body Transformation Photo In Hospital. PICX by ProfAmaben(m): 7:17am On May 21, 2020
When you were injecting steroids you should have known the repercussions. He's a bodybuilder and would bounce back when he starts pounding weights again.
Re: Coronavirus Survivor Shares Shocking Body Transformation Photo In Hospital. PICX by Jakumo(m): 7:56am On May 21, 2020
ValCon888:
The virus has taken its pound of flesh.
He should just be thankful he's alive.

The virus took closer to 20 pounds of flesh. Scary pathogen for sure.
Re: Coronavirus Survivor Shares Shocking Body Transformation Photo In Hospital. PICX by scoundrel(f): 1:05pm On May 21, 2020
His muscle mass likely saved him. If one rake-thin Akinloju in this country catches the virus na death sure pass.

(1) (Reply)

How He Contacted HIV Via Watermelon / Water Closet Safety / Why Rabbit Meat Is The Best For Pregnant Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.