Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,272 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:11 AM

FEC Approves N623m For Customs To Buy Computers - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FEC Approves N623m For Customs To Buy Computers (15116 Views)

Tinubu Approves New Management Team For Customs / FG Approves ₦1.5 Billion For Customs To Procure 46 Vehicles / FG Approves ₦283.26 Billion, $18.12 Million For Customs Boats, Scanners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FEC Approves N623m For Customs To Buy Computers by Midex88(m): 6:07pm On May 20, 2020
ForeThinker:
Democracy Of the Government, By the Government, For the Government....

A popular oap made this same comment on radio today grin
Re: FEC Approves N623m For Customs To Buy Computers by DCmonster: 6:07pm On May 20, 2020
Yahoo government! Agba awo sinzu money, about to cash out again. Maybe custom want to upgrade to Apple desktop as per yahoo govt. grin grin
Re: FEC Approves N623m For Customs To Buy Computers by dozymars(m): 6:08pm On May 20, 2020
So all this while, the Human Resources and Accounting departments of customs don't have computers and printers.

What have they been working with? Typewriter or what.

Even if the computers needs to be changed, is this the time for it. Nigeria has more pressing issues at this time.

Moreover that amount is over budget, it's too high an amount for that number of systems.
Re: FEC Approves N623m For Customs To Buy Computers by ForeThinker: 6:17pm On May 20, 2020
Midex88:

A popular oap made this same comment on radio today grin

Hahah

. issorite... Las Las we go dey alright
Re: FEC Approves N623m For Customs To Buy Computers by vertueptime: 6:22pm On May 20, 2020
Re: FEC Approves N623m For Customs To Buy Computers by omonnakoda: 6:26pm On May 20, 2020
dozymars:
So all this while, the Human Resources and Accounting departments of customs don't have computers and printers.

What have they been working with? Typewriter or what.

Even if the computers needs to be changed, is this the time for it. Nigeria has more pressing issues at this time.

Moreover that amount is over budget, it's too high an amount for that number of systems.
Customs is a money making organisation so in theory it is not a bad idea and it may reduce leakages but the cost is too much and lacks transparency
Re: FEC Approves N623m For Customs To Buy Computers by mechanics(m): 6:32pm On May 20, 2020
Hmmmm.
Re: FEC Approves N623m For Customs To Buy Computers by galadima77(m): 6:36pm On May 20, 2020
tot:
Smh. The misplaced priorities of this government is mind boggling. From school feeding programme to computers for Customs.

“The sum of the contract was N623,700,000 for the 1, 200 desktops and computers for the use of the Customs Service all over the country,” Mohammed told reporters.

N623,700,000 / 1, 200 desktops and computers = N519, 750 per computer. What exactly are they "computing"? Broad daylight robbery and corruption. Their yeye defenders will soon land on this thread now to defend the indefensible.

Bros who fit defend this kain thing?
Re: FEC Approves N623m For Customs To Buy Computers by omonnakoda: 6:36pm On May 20, 2020
The other thing is by now we should be assembling computers in Nigeria and government Trade Ministers can do more in this regard.
We need to negotiate trade deals that favour us.
They should learn from the likes of Malaysia

Even with this particular deal it us not too late
Re: FEC Approves N623m For Customs To Buy Computers by Reference(m): 6:41pm On May 20, 2020
psucc:
Each unit is about N519,000.

For customs

Hahahahaha.... that's what you get in a rent seeking economy.....contractor's paradise.
Re: FEC Approves N623m For Customs To Buy Computers by Dannyfan(m): 6:42pm On May 20, 2020
The problem in Nigeria is looting will always be involve. They needed computer then supply them with computer, abi I don't know how to play politics ni?
Re: FEC Approves N623m For Customs To Buy Computers by martineverest(m): 6:45pm On May 20, 2020
Exc2000:
angry

when would they buy 3d scanner at our port of entry when ?

N623,700,000 / $1300 desktop computers = N519,750 or $1000 USD per unit

Hp Pavillion desktop cost 80k full work station 100k

Dell Inspiron desktop cost within similar price

Is this not yahoo yahoo

Inspiron and pavillion are old laptop Na.....those brands have been phased out for like 10 years

average modern desktop is about 500k..since they are buying it in bulk,it should be like 300k discount

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves N623m For Customs To Buy Computers by KomonSense: 6:47pm On May 20, 2020
Luckydubby7:

https://punchng.com/breaking-fec-approves-n623m-for-customs-to-buy-computers/

Please I sell laptops and desktops...give me the Contacts lemme just supply only 100 pieces out of the 1200 pieces

I sell at very good price

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves N623m For Customs To Buy Computers by Exc2000: 6:47pm On May 20, 2020
martineverest:
Inspiron and pavillion are old laptop Na.....those brands have been phased out for like 10 years

average modern desktop is about 500k

not inspiron laptops.. am talking of new desktops that the LCD and CPU are pack together as a console like what you see in the pictures in my first post

500k when no be Apple desktop.. make una fear god oo... if na yahoo boys now una go quote bible and quran
Re: FEC Approves N623m For Customs To Buy Computers by Reference(m): 6:48pm On May 20, 2020
Metalsmith:
Waste of public funds in this period of economy lockdown. Govt should use such money on infrastructures that will improve the standard of living

Personal interests my brother.... personal interests.... a party bigwig or presidential aide needs palliatives. ..
Re: FEC Approves N623m For Customs To Buy Computers by KomonSense: 6:48pm On May 20, 2020
psucc:
Each unit is about N519,000.

For customs

Please I sell laptops and desktops...give me the Contacts of those in charge of this contract lemme just supply only 100 units out of the 1200 pieces
Re: FEC Approves N623m For Customs To Buy Computers by martineverest(m): 6:51pm On May 20, 2020
Exc2000:

not inspiron laptops.. am talking of new desktops that the LCD and CPU are pack together as a console like what you see in the pictures in my first post

500k when no be Apple desktop.. make una fear god oo... if na yahoo boys now una go quote bible and quran
u don't know if it's apple or Microsoft...mind u,average desktop is about one thousand dollars..that's American price,Nigerian price should be higher....even Microsoft,apple ,dell tablets are like 5ook upwards,let alone desktop

it seems it's been long u bought desktop

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves N623m For Customs To Buy Computers by omonnakoda: 6:53pm On May 20, 2020
Government computers are likely to be used for emails, spreadsheets, word processing and conferencing max they don't need any special specs that 100000 naira cannot fix
Re: FEC Approves N623m For Customs To Buy Computers by Exc2000: 7:04pm On May 20, 2020
martineverest:
u don't know if it's apple or Microsoft...mind u,average desktop is about one thousand dollars..that's American price,Nigerian price should be higher....even Microsoft,apple ,dell tablets are like 5ook upwards,let alone desktop

it seems it's been long u bought desktop

bring me $500 USD and I will get you a nice workstation directly shipped to you from HP or Dell
Re: FEC Approves N623m For Customs To Buy Computers by frankgreat(m): 7:06pm On May 20, 2020
But to be fair, if throughly they will buy the computers and printers, it Is a fair price though..

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves N623m For Customs To Buy Computers by ProfAmaben(m): 7:13pm On May 20, 2020
I am utterly flaggerbasted!
Re: FEC Approves N623m For Customs To Buy Computers by Kursk2019(m): 7:14pm On May 20, 2020
[quote author=Slawormir post=89767873]Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
I tire brother
And na one politician go win that contract to supply the computers
Money dey politics
Whether devil like it or not am gonna delve into politics last last
After all the bombing
Na politics go end am
i go Join a party with Great ideology
I nor go join APC! Never. For me to join APC i better join PDP

Then like play like play i go find my way into the legislative arm of government

Then boom
I go propose or introduce the bill to legalize weed
I go begin recommend and make sure all my real niggarrrz in the street get government contracts [/quote
]
We gather dey ur back for wanting to legalize weed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FEC Approves N623m For Customs To Buy Computers by vertueptime: 7:21pm On May 20, 2020
So this is nigerians priority, God pls dont allow this people to continue looting the masses, we need intervention

Luckydubby7:

https://punchng.com/breaking-fec-approves-n623m-for-customs-to-buy-computers/

Re: FEC Approves N623m For Customs To Buy Computers by LaIabobo: 7:28pm On May 20, 2020
Exc2000:
angry

when would they buy 3d scanner at our port of entry when ?

N623,700,000 / $1300 desktop computers = N519,750 or $1000 USD per unit

Hp Pavillion desktop cost 80k full work station 100k

Dell Inspiron desktop cost within similar price

Is this not yahoo yahoo

New desktop system for 80k?? Not possible, except you buying a carcass
Re: FEC Approves N623m For Customs To Buy Computers by Rebuke: 7:36pm On May 20, 2020
O yea! That's very good. Don't yhu think ? That's about 500k plus per computer. Desktop o.

Ehen, things are very expensive now that's why. In fact, the money should have even been doubled so that each computer goes for like 1million.

Nobody should come here to make unnecessary noise abeg. We need the computers please.

Una never know anything.

Re: FEC Approves N623m For Customs To Buy Computers by martineverest(m): 7:41pm On May 20, 2020
Exc2000:

bring me $500 USD and I will get you a nice workstation directly shipped to you from HP or Dell
do u know what workstation means?
Re: FEC Approves N623m For Customs To Buy Computers by Exc2000: 7:42pm On May 20, 2020
martineverest:
do u know what workstation means?

yes I do own one as a computer scientist
Re: FEC Approves N623m For Customs To Buy Computers by martineverest(m): 7:46pm On May 20, 2020
Exc2000:

yes I do own one as a computer scientist
workstation of 500 dollars are just either refurbished systems or systems made about 5 years ago

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves N623m For Customs To Buy Computers by Temptee101(m): 8:05pm On May 20, 2020
Just imagine the country we live in.

I'm just tired I swear.
Re: FEC Approves N623m For Customs To Buy Computers by Temptee101(m): 8:11pm On May 20, 2020
In my next life (if there would be any), God please don't return me back to Africa and Nigeria. Amen!
Re: FEC Approves N623m For Customs To Buy Computers by Harrison4adam(m): 8:19pm On May 20, 2020
Yahoo plus Afonjas and Ipobians are learners when it comes to politicians stealing from Treasury...
These set of people are the real demonic wicked souls whose children will reap tears sorrow and death by hanging
Re: FEC Approves N623m For Customs To Buy Computers by BUCHI0573: 8:20pm On May 20, 2020
Nigeria customs wen una go release names of successful candidate for una recruitment

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2023 Presidential Election: Why Atiku May Win / World Bank Gives Kachikwu Thumbs Up On NNPC Reforms / Waripamowei Dudafa Gave Me $4Million Cash Inside Presidential Villa - Witness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.