Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,904 members, 7,952,645 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 08:09 PM

FEC Approves N623m For Customs To Buy Computers - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FEC Approves N623m For Customs To Buy Computers (15282 Views)

Tinubu Approves New Management Team For Customs / FG Approves ₦1.5 Billion For Customs To Procure 46 Vehicles / FG Approves ₦283.26 Billion, $18.12 Million For Customs Boats, Scanners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FEC Approves N623m For Customs To Buy Computers by Franklyno38: 8:28pm On May 20, 2020
mikywonder:

My nigger
Anything for me?
Re: FEC Approves N623m For Customs To Buy Computers by Dollabiz: 8:37pm On May 20, 2020
Which kind computer
Re: FEC Approves N623m For Customs To Buy Computers by Braindealer(f): 8:37pm On May 20, 2020
Luckydubby7:

https://punchng.com/breaking-fec-approves-n623m-for-customs-to-buy-computers/

laslas, the contractors would buy china products at 100k per unit. Mtcheew
Re: FEC Approves N623m For Customs To Buy Computers by Braindealer(f): 8:41pm On May 20, 2020
kingola87:
Hmhmm
Anyway, Na to just bash them (online) as usual, nothing wey we go do na.
I dey tell you. They don share money already. Notin we fit do
Re: FEC Approves N623m For Customs To Buy Computers by Braindealer(f): 8:46pm On May 20, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
I tire brother
And na one politician go win that contract to supply the computers
Money dey politics
Whether devil like it or not am gonna delve into politics last last
After all the bombing
Na politics go end am
i go Join a party with Great ideology
I nor go join APC! Never. For me to join APC i better join PDP

Then like play like play i go find my way into the legislative arm of government

Then boom
I go propose or introduce the bill to legalize weed
I go begin recommend and make sure all my real niggarrrz in the street get government contracts
grin
Shey i be your real nigga? Noforget me oh.

But abeg before you go into politics, ensure you cook yourself with better juju.
Re: FEC Approves N623m For Customs To Buy Computers by CelestineNelson: 9:09pm On May 20, 2020
i just want to say something here...please am sory if it sounds foolish...am a Computer Scientist...a 400l Level student of University of Ilorin, i have knowledge of Computers hardware also...i want to tell you they are computers that cost N1,000,000 per 1, and this is a laptop....have used one in my boss office when i was learning computer programming(web developing) ..an apple desktop = 1,000,000....you can check online...Note am not in anyway trying to support this government ...but just telling you what i know about laptops and desktops as computer programmer...you can check for a laptop called the predator...Acer laptop......
tot:
Smh. The misplaced priorities of this government is mind boggling. From school feeding programme to computers for Customs.

“The sum of the contract was N623,700,000 for the 1, 200 desktops and computers for the use of the Customs Service all over the country,” Mohammed told reporters.

N623,700,000 / 1, 200 desktops and computers = N519, 750 per computer. What exactly are they "computing"? Broad daylight robbery and corruption. Their yeye defenders will soon land on this thread now to defend the indefensible.
Re: FEC Approves N623m For Customs To Buy Computers by omonnakoda: 9:13pm On May 20, 2020
CelestineNelson:
i just want to say something here...please am sory if it sounds foolish...am a Computer Scientist...a 400l Level student of University of Ilorin, i have knowledge of Computers hardware also...i want to tell you they are computers that cost N1,000,000 per 1, and this is a laptop....have used one in my boss office when i was learning computer programming(web developing) ..an apple desktop = 1,000,000....you can check online...Note am not in anyway trying to support this government ...but just telling you what i know about laptops and desktops as computer programmer...you can check for a laptop called the predator...Acer laptop......
You don't have common sense
You are right it sounds foolish
Re: FEC Approves N623m For Customs To Buy Computers by CelestineNelson: 9:21pm On May 20, 2020
Thank you sir...now that i know i don't have common sense i will start working on that ...thanks for revealing that part of me...i will work on my write up so that it will not appear foolish to people like you...
Proverb 23:9
omonnakoda:
You don't have common sense
You are right it sounds foolish
Re: FEC Approves N623m For Customs To Buy Computers by Nobody: 9:24pm On May 20, 2020
Nigeria is finished, is it laptop they wants to buy?
How many laptops are they going to buy that they are being given more than half a billion?
Anything you tell the dullard to do that is what he does
Re: FEC Approves N623m For Customs To Buy Computers by blackboy(m): 9:30pm On May 20, 2020
Gracealone:
It is the same Customs that paid N1.6bn to firm to recruit about 3,000 staff.

Kontinuu!

It is PMB close friend that is running the NCS. Speaks alot about this administration . Funny enough do Nigerians really care. Come 2023 if PMB contest even against a saint , Nigerians will say PMB is the only saint let us vote for for him.
We deserve this. I wont join una to complain. We wanted this.

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves N623m For Customs To Buy Computers by tot(f): 9:31pm On May 20, 2020
CelestineNelson:

Obviously, high spec laptops cost a lot. Acer Helios Predator costs over 2 grand because it is a GAMING laptop. The same Acer has Aspire brand which is a fraction of that price and wouldn't be up to 150k, so my question to you is what would Customs be doing with a high spec laptop, are they gaming??! Is laptop Nigeria's priority right now?
Re: FEC Approves N623m For Customs To Buy Computers by mikywonder(m): 9:33pm On May 20, 2020
Franklyno38:

Anything for me?
U are doing well
Re: FEC Approves N623m For Customs To Buy Computers by omonnakoda: 9:34pm On May 20, 2020
CelestineNelson:
Thank you sir...now that i know i don't have common sense i will start working on that ...thanks for revealing that part of me...i will work on my write up so that it will not appear foolish to people like you...
Proverb 23:9

Common sense is native and often learnt in childhood.

It main hallmark is knowing when to be silent

Now reflect on your initial offering .
You said that there are computers of 1 million per unit.

That is true even 10 times that but

HOW IS THAT RELEVANT HERE.?
How is your course of study relevant to that fact or this conversation?

Listen to Fela

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeH4xziCHQs
Re: FEC Approves N623m For Customs To Buy Computers by Moscoprof(m): 10:01pm On May 20, 2020
what a country... Abeg dem no get computers for their offices b4?
see d millionswey dem won use buy computer... I swear we have the most corrupt leaders in the world... God have mercy on us
Re: FEC Approves N623m For Customs To Buy Computers by MikkieEl: 10:21pm On May 20, 2020
Nonso92:
Somebody is about to cash out.

Bros, dem don cash out. Na the receipt dem dey show us so.
Re: FEC Approves N623m For Customs To Buy Computers by Nobody: 10:28pm On May 20, 2020
psucc:
Each unit is about N519,000.
Nawaoo, are they doing weather simulations?

For customs
Re: FEC Approves N623m For Customs To Buy Computers by Omoejigbahe(m): 10:46pm On May 20, 2020
That's above 519k per computer, and ahmed ali is not a corrupt man. This is daylight robbery.
Re: FEC Approves N623m For Customs To Buy Computers by watchindelta(m): 11:23pm On May 20, 2020
How many of they Sabi use the computer?
Re: FEC Approves N623m For Customs To Buy Computers by COMPAQ(m): 11:27pm On May 20, 2020
Guys, not quite as simple as dividing 623m by 1200. There would obviously be a profit mark up on the contract amount. Let's assume it's 20%. That means actual purchase will be N519mln.

Simplistically, divide that by 1200 and you get N432k. There are many computers at that price, admittedly higher end ones.

Besides our didn't say 1200 computers. It also mentioned printers et Al.

If many people on Nairaland who are into It got that contract, they wouldn't complain. Point is that 95‰ of those complaining here are just as corrupt.

You only really know a man when he's tempted. Most people here who think they have integrity have not really been tempted yet.
Re: FEC Approves N623m For Customs To Buy Computers by omonnakoda: 11:28pm On May 20, 2020
Why is PDP not calling them out?Or the press?

That is their Job in a democracy
Re: FEC Approves N623m For Customs To Buy Computers by omonnakoda: 11:30pm On May 20, 2020
COMPAQ:
Guys, not quite as simple as dividing 623m by 1200. There would obviously be a profit mark up on the contract amount. Let's assume it's 20%. That means actual purchase will be N519mln.

Simplistically, divide that by 1200 and you get N432k. There are many computers at that price, admittedly higher end ones.

Besides our didn't say 1200 computers. It also mentioned printers et Al.

If many people on Nairaland who are into It got that contract, they wouldn't complain. Point is that 95‰ of those complaining here are just as corrupt.

You only really know a man when he's tempted. Most people here who think they have integrity have not really been tempted yet.
I am sure you think you gave made sense
Re: FEC Approves N623m For Customs To Buy Computers by PanuWap: 1:00am On May 21, 2020
Slawomir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
I tire brother
Money dey politics
After all the bombing
Na politics go end am
I nor go join APC! Never. For me to join APC i better join PanuWap

Then like play like play i go find my way into the legislative arm of government

Then boom
I go begin recommend and make sure all my real niggarrrz in the street get government contracts
Re: FEC Approves N623m For Customs To Buy Computers by wickyyolo: 1:49am On May 21, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
I tire brother
Money dey politics
After all the bombing
Na politics go end am
I nor go join APC! Never. For me to join APC i better join PDP

Then boom

See you at the parliament.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FEC Approves N623m For Customs To Buy Computers by wickyyolo: 1:58am On May 21, 2020
BUCHI0573:
Nigeria customs wen una go release names of successful candidate for una recruitment

Dude,the names were announced a week after police was released last year. Next time don’t apply with your degree if u really want in.
Re: FEC Approves N623m For Customs To Buy Computers by manchester1: 2:47am On May 21, 2020
Don't they feel guilt after awarding such amount of money for just 1200 computer embarassed
Re: FEC Approves N623m For Customs To Buy Computers by Temysteve(m): 3:44am On May 21, 2020
Re: FEC Approves N623m For Customs To Buy Computers by ewizard1: 7:24am On May 21, 2020
kingola87:
Hmhmm
Anyway, Na to just bash them (online) as usual, nothing wey we go do na.
I swear, this really hurts. And they know that's all we can do.
Re: FEC Approves N623m For Customs To Buy Computers by amc: 1:56pm On May 21, 2020
One4me:

Aaahswear!
Deesktop that is not more than 100K each and solid laptop not more than 250K , Customs wan charge 519K!
Do they even mean that Customs does not have Computers before now?

The kain Corruption under this Buhari Regime, na from another planet, Jonathan own na L-earner, compared to it.

And how much is Colour Printer?
Re: FEC Approves N623m For Customs To Buy Computers by Nobody: 3:04pm On May 21, 2020
If these guys are barely literate - will it not involve another contract to train them
Re: FEC Approves N623m For Customs To Buy Computers by BUCHI0573: 7:01pm On May 26, 2020
wickyyolo:

Dude,the names were announced a week after police was released last year. Next time don’t apply with your degree if u really want in.

Bt d exam was written January ds year

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Five Reasons Why Igbos Can Never Succeed In Their Biafra Agitation / Why APC Plotted To Impeach Ortom – PDP / Lamido Restates Support For Atiku As Secondus, Tsauri & Maibasira Visit. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.