Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) - Science/Technology (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) (117213 Views)

Toothless, Two-fingered Dinosaur From 68 Million Yrs Ago Found In Mongolia (Pix) / Bones Of Dinosaur Specie That Lived 115 Million Years Ago Found In England (Pix) / Rare Dinosaur That Roamed Antarctica 110 Million Yrs Ago Found In Australia (Pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by sulasa07(m): 8:23am On May 22, 2020
1Sharon:

Did he also split the moon in a dream?
Nope,He did it in real life
Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by sulasa07(m): 8:26am On May 22, 2020
Truthbites:

Truth is, science will never stop until they know the truth about the Earth, world, universe, planet, u name it. Soon they will discover where God is. Just imagine where science will reach in 3,000 years from now. Trust me,it's a world without end. Nothing is ending, no Armageddon..no nothing. Wars may come, but the Earth will recover. Would u have believed in the 60's that phones and emails, WhatsApp, everyone connecting.. will get this sophisticated .planes and jets..u name it. Everything is advancing..with the likes of Elon Musk and co.. science will disgrace religion
Science only knows what GOD wants them to know,I believe the world will surely end one day either by GOD finishing it Himself or us humans use up all resources.If the world continues to exist for the next 1million yrs, Science will just keep on finding more and more without full explanation like always
Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by Zamantu(m): 8:32am On May 22, 2020
GOFRONT:
380 million years........I mean when did the earth came into existence??

Earth is 4.543 billion years
Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by gibzzhd: 8:34am On May 22, 2020
Semaj77:

I don't need to Google anything , I'm very sure you're not acquainted with any scientific process. Even if such turns up on a search I'm very sure it was put up there to discredit science and would be riddled with witless conspiracies
I am 100% science and 100% born again.I use science to proof God.
That moon expenditure is political and an America propaganda.Its complicated.Why don't researchers troop to the moon now even with more advance technology.America just use that one to score cheap points.But the Russians know better now.
Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by Semaj77(m): 9:10am On May 22, 2020
gibzzhd:

I am 100% science and 100% born again.I use science to proof God.
That moon expenditure is political and an America propaganda.Its complicated.Why don't researchers troop to the moon now even with more advance technology.America just use that one to score cheap points.But the Russians know better now.

I've read all the cloak and dagger stories , but the Americans landing ( or not landing ) on the moon doesn't disprove science or carbon dating as it is. If you really knew how science works you wouldn't disprove some things
Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by kokkubabboni421(m): 9:16am On May 22, 2020
Like I said, according to me Big Bang theory , the universe emanated 13.5 billion years ago
homerac7:

Nope. Earth is about 4 billion years old. Check your literatures again for confirmation
Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by fortran12: 9:36am On May 22, 2020
nextstep:

There's nothing bad in realizing one's original ideas were wrong, and that you have a better idea..., built on past knowledge and new information. Even if this better idea will be proven wrong in the future, science is open to refining understanding.

A few examples of refinement involving light:
It was once proposed around 500BCE that that light was emitted from the eyes, which is what allowed people to see.
Of course, this was disproven and a new theory suggested light came from a source (e.g. sun, candle)
It was then theorized that light needed a medium in order to propagate, the way sound needs air, water, or some other substance.
This was also disproven when electromagnetic theory proved that light could travel in a vacuum
It was thought light is instantaneous; then theorized and shown that it takes a finite amount of time to travel (fast, but not instant).

I'm fully open to more refinements, but you see our understanding is broader, truer, and more useful with every iteration.

I also think I misunderstand what you mean by faith. What you describe the scientists doing is intuition: as in, "I think this is what's happening, I am going to persist in trying to understand and explain it, even if other's don't believe it". It's quite possible (as we've seen) that experimentations and further insights will actually disprove the theory. Science is not fundamentally about "being right", it's about understanding. This is quite different from the common uses of faith (i.e. acceptance without understanding, without rationale, without proof, and often with threats of violence)

To wit, definitions of faith:
1. complete trust or confidence in someone or something.
2. strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof.

Here's another scenario where I would use the word intuition, and not faith: Back in 1846, Hungarian physician Ignaz Semmelweis had a theory/intuition that hand washing was effective in preventing disease in a hospital environment. Fellow doctors thought it was a silly theory, and were even offended at the suggestion that their hands were infectious. He persisted in his experiments, demonstrated, and showed how people could repeat his findings.
No problem, faith for me, intuition for you.
Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by Grandmeister(m): 9:37am On May 22, 2020
kingxsamz:

You're not bright at all.
What has one's belief or non-belief got to do with his profession?
When scientists make new discoveries, do they give credit to Christianity or the body of science?
When scientists try to make breakthroughs, do they call unto God and the answer falls from heaven without them implementing what they have been taught and have learnt for years? undecided
Obviously you're not bright.
So when a scientist who's an atheist achieves something, they applaud atheism? undecided

Such Illogical and childish statement.
It's either you're schizophrenic or pretending to be....many of you pseudo-atheist online have a knack of mocking religious people...as if being religious makes one retarded and being non religious makes you a supreme being of self awareness and knowledge...I pointed out the phoolishness of such thoughts by showing that the inventors of old and many currently distinguished men of science are still religious...
Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by Truthbites: 9:38am On May 22, 2020
sulasa07:

Science only knows what GOD wants them to know,I believe the world will surely end one day either by GOD finishing it Himself or us humans use up all resources.If the world continues to exist for the next 1million yrs, Science will just keep on finding more and more without full explanation like always

U forgot they just said 380million years..1 million years may be short
Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by Animaxwell(m): 10:06am On May 22, 2020
I will never believe all these futile claim until man itself undergoes evolution.
All things being equal and according to theory of evolution, The number of years that we humans have existed on earth suggests that we are capable of undergoing ovolution...
Let man undergo evolution then I'll believe all these trash.. After all, science is not based in sentiments
Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by DavidEsq(m): 11:37am On May 22, 2020
donvicky2007:
Wow
This shows that Sahara desert was once a sea
Omo the thing dey wonder me o? How did it become dry land? What really happened? I can imagine the poor fishes, both father fish, mother fish and baby fish struggling to survive and finally dying of dehydration and hunger. Father fish would have been so helpless and couldn't do anything to save baby and mother fish embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed. Chai
Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by Princesschika: 11:44am On May 22, 2020
What is this, I don't understand
Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by Nobody: 12:10pm On May 22, 2020
kingxsamz:

Wow...
Okay.
How can you prove that Methusela lived for 969 years?
I await your answer.

I believe in the author of the Bible but I didn't believe in the author of this research. Period!
Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by Nobody: 12:11pm On May 22, 2020
Sadteen:

You should have remained quiet instead of blowing your cover and letting us know you don't have nothing in your skull

Nah your father no get anything for skull

mahaukacin mutum
Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by Masaudmuhammed: 12:20pm On May 22, 2020
Abimbola007:
4.2 Billion years ago
My Nigger you're too funny

how do calculations too much like that? $$$
Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by kingxsamz(m): 12:43pm On May 22, 2020
Gforce2015:

I believe in the author of the Bible but I didn't believe in the author of this research. Period!

Here is what you said.
what prove do they have that the fish lived for 380 million years...who is counting each birthday...

Now, since you believe in the bible, tell me how a man, Methusela survived for 969 years.
I'm not asking you which author you believe.
I'm asking you to prove to me how a man can live for 969 years. I await your response.

1 Like

Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by Nobody: 1:52pm On May 22, 2020
kingxsamz:

Here is what you said.

Now, since you believe in the bible, tell me how a man, Methusela survived for 969 years.
I'm not asking you which author you believe.
I'm asking you to prove to me how a man can live for 969 years. I await your response.

Your question was "how can a man live for 969 years...and my response is this...; what will I prove again. Since it's widely accepted and certified. It will amount to flogging a dead horse.....
The story is just like a graduating student who showed his father his educational certificate and his father still asks him to prove it...How?/ Do you doubt the credibility of the University that gave him the certificate?
Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by kingxsamz(m): 2:37pm On May 22, 2020
Gforce2015:

Your question was "how can a man live for 969 years...and my response is this...; what will I prove again. Since it's widely accepted and certified. It will amount to flogging a dead horse.....
The story is just like a graduating student who showed his father his educational certificate and his father still asks him to prove it ...How?/ Do you doubt the credibility of the University that gave him the certificate?

The example you gave is a very poor analogy. A shallow one at that.
It's possible one might ask the graduating student a question based on what he studied, and he won't be able to explain or answer. Perhaps he copied throughout his stay in school or he cheated or maybe bribed his way through.
Now, you still didn't apply this poor analogy of yours when some scientists claimed they found a bone which dates back to 300 million years.
Why didn't you conclude that it's widely accepted and certified? undecided
Instead you asked for proof.
Now, since you believe in the bible, I'm asking you to prove to me how a man can live for 969 years, (which defies nature) and you're giving me excuses.
If it's a widely accepted story, then its possibility should be explained.

Gforce2015:
Some mofo will just bring some false theory to force it down our throat here.
Folks, I may be quiet but I'm not a fool

We may be quiet, but we're not fools.
If you're smart, you'll answer my question, unless you're not.
How can a man live for 969 years?
I await your response. undecided

1 Like

Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by demmie1: 3:16pm On May 22, 2020
drLammy:
See people keep saying na Lie!

The only thing the black man is good at is to criticize.. oya prove them wrong now.. No way!

Their prove na the Bible wey the same oyinbo write

1 Like

Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by demmie1: 3:23pm On May 22, 2020
I've noticed two topics which generates more responses on nairaland.

Ibo vs Yoruba threads

Science vs religion threads
Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by Nobody: 6:18pm On May 22, 2020
kingxsamz:

The example you gave is a very poor analogy. A shallow one at that.
It's possible one might ask the graduating student a question based on what he studied, and he won't be able to explain or answer. Perhaps he copied throughout his stay in school or he cheated or maybe bribed his way through.
Now, you still didn't apply this poor analogy of yours when some scientists claimed they found a bone that dates back to 300 million years.
Why didn't you conclude that it's widely accepted and certified? undecided
Instead you asked for proof.
Now, since you believe in the bible, I'm asking you to prove to me how a man can live for 969 years, (which defies nature) and you're giving me excuses.
If it's a widely accepted story, then its possibility should be explained.

We may be quiet, but we're not fools.
If you're smart, you'll answer my question, unless you're not.
How can a man live for 969 years?
I await your response. undecided

You said my analogy is poor because you ain't satisfied. Lemme say this ; you can not use any scientist research or thesis to becloud or bamboozled my belief. Irrespective of your scientist's assertion or dissertation, I am man enough to either believe or rebuff.
Permit me to clarify this.....that scientists are trained to believe what they see, while Christians are trained to believe despite the evidence cannot be seen at that moment. What I'm saying is this; I may not have the readily answer to your question but it doesn't make me doubt the veracity of Methuselah's age
Also, I'm knowledgeable enough to eat or refuse whatever scientists want to force down my throat.
Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by CodeTemplar: 6:59pm On May 22, 2020
simplesearch:

Now you can see how the law of replenishment as commanded by God took effect both in Adam and Noah leading to the presertvation of the human race. If you can believe this why is it hard for you to beleieve the same God if he tells you those creatures are within 6,000 yrs of age and no more. Science is good it is the contiuation of God's works on earth by his highest creatures created after his own image, infact he plainly told man to be fruitful and multiply, replenish the earth and subdue it, meaning research what i've created, try to know more about the things I didn't plainly explain to you. But the line is drawn where He PLAINLY TELLS you something with assurance and truthfulness, and a man who cannot prolong his days in the name of science or scientific discovery tells you otherwise and you believe such at the expense of Gods revealed truth, such a person will not go unpunished, for undermining the highest authority that controls the universe taking him for a liar. Take this for a fact, anywhere science differs from God they are always found to be liars, even if it takes a millenium to unearth such lies.

A task and not law.
Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by Rejomar(m): 7:32pm On May 22, 2020
grin Ha,wahala dey oh.
Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by kingxsamz(m): 7:51pm On May 22, 2020
Gforce2015:

You said my analogy is poor because you ain't satisfied. Lemme say this ; you can not use any scientist research or thesis to becloud or bamboozled my belief. Irrespective of your scientist's assertion or dissertation, I am man enough to either believe or rebuff.
Permit me to clarify this.....that scientists are trained to believe what they see, while Christians are trained to believe despite the evidence cannot be seen at that moment. What I'm saying is this; I may not have the readily answer to your question but it doesn't make me doubt the veracity of Methuselah's age
Also, I'm knowledgeable enough to eat or refuse whatever scientists want to force down my throat.

Eyah
So you are unable to prove how a man can survive for 969 years (as stated in the bible), but you're quick to disregard a scientific research, even when facts are presented. undecided
You're funny, I won't lie.
No one is forcing you to believe anything. And science didn't force you to believe. No one even forced you to click the thread.
You just jumped in and regarded the research as rubbish and a way of making fool of one's self.
If you're unable to prove the stories in your bible, but discredit science, then don't complain when someone asks you to prove the claims made in the bible.
I just gave you your own medicine. I hope you now know what it tastes like?

1 Like

Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by Samguine: 8:14pm On May 22, 2020
GOFRONT:
380 million years........I mean when did the earth came into existence??

The Earth is over 4 billion years old
Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by Nobody: 10:22pm On May 22, 2020
kingxsamz:

Each
So you are unable to prove how a man can survive for 969 years (as stated in the bible), but you're quick to disregard scientific research, even when facts are presented. undecided
You're funny, I won't lie.
No one is forcing you to believe anything. And science didn't force you to believe. No one ever forced you to click the thread.
You just jumped in and regarded the research as rubbish and a way of making fool of one's self.
If you're unable to prove the stories in your bible, but discredit science, then don't complain when someone asks you to prove the claims made in the bible.
I just gave you your own medicine. I hope you now know what it tastes like?

Now I know that you actually open the thread as a platform to start arguing with people...keep.wasting your precious time on baseless arguments.
Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by kingxsamz(m): 10:41pm On May 22, 2020
Gforce2015:

Now I know that you actually open the thread as a platform to start arguing with people...keep.wasting your precious time on baseless arguments.

Yeah.
When it's time to engage in constructive argument, you run away, as usual.
Next time don't Comment on stuffs you know nothing about. Goodnight.

1 Like

Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by OyinO: 10:43pm On May 22, 2020
This shows that Genesis creationist account is pure fables!
Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by Lordcassy: 3:02am On May 23, 2020
It amazes me the sheer level of ignorance swarming in Africa all in the sake of a religion..Christian is clearly a lie found of false truths..how can God create the plants before the sun. How can a book inspired by God claim that the world is flat. Islam on the other hand is pure stupidity founded by an illiterate guy with delusion of grandeur. The quran is the most ignorant book I have read..how can Gabriel a Jewish angel proclaimed allah is God and still tell Mary that Jesus is the son of God..your reality was not created by someone smarter than you..don't be a fool..not one of these religious bigot own a telescope so they can see the wonders and how insignificant their meanless existence is. That guy say Carbot is flawed is clearly a cunt..for your information asshole nothing is perfect..if I go on google and browse..Why is God bad...I will still get an answer
Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by homerac7: 10:52am On May 23, 2020
kokkubabboni421:
Like I said, according to me Big Bang theory , the universe emanated 13.5 billion years ago

I said EARTH is about 4 billion years old. UNIVERSE is another matter entirely.
Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by homerac7: 11:10am On May 23, 2020
simplesearch:

What evidence do you have to prove that such event actually occured 66mil yrs ago, and what's the name of the scientist that witness the occurence? How do you know he wasn't just a shrewed liar who published same to gain popularity? If he was, how do you go about extracating yourself from such web of lies?

You're directing the right questions to the wrong person. You should be checking your books and searching the internet for those info. It's called EDUCATION. Go get it bro.
Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by homerac7: 11:12am On May 23, 2020
Jokerman:

Shut it. All lies. Many animals died during the great deluge including the Nephilim and Giants of old...

You're a poorly educated buffoon. Go read good books, and your internet access shouldn't only be to watch porn and follow meaningless gossips on social media. Read. Read. Read wide.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) / Man Goes To Repair His Fridge, When They Told Him The Price, See What He Did Nex / Thousands Of Dead Fish In Rivers State Washed Up On Shoreline (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.