Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,943 members, 7,952,802 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:04 AM

Revisiting 2015 ELECTION, GEJ TILL 2019 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Revisiting 2015 ELECTION, GEJ TILL 2019 (276 Views)

This Is What Goodluck Jonathan Said Before The 2015 Election. / I Am In Serious Pressure To Contest For 2023 Presidential Election... GEJ / Obasanjo: Buhari Will Call Me 'Sir' Till I Die. I Made Him Win 2015 Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Revisiting 2015 ELECTION, GEJ TILL 2019 by omonnakoda: 7:40pm On May 20, 2020
This is where I stood in January 2015
They said I had stinky breath
JANUARY 30TH 2015
omonnakoda:
Honestly it is too late . Personally I won't vote because I CANNOT support Buhari but the fact is that GEJ has failed and failed badly. Let us not try to call white black. If he has done well his deeds would speak for him and he would be slapping his chest.He did not realise that 4 years is a short time and now is exam time.The mood in Nigeria is not so much in support of Buhari but so much AGAINST GEJ. It is very painful for me because I agree with much of the sentiments expressed. i.e why must a Fulani rule again.? I do not even agree with power returning to the North. But there is nothing Presidential about this man GEJ.
Let us look at his political strategy.
NUMBER ONE
From day one you know the North are your enemies why create MORE ENEMIES for himself. AMAECHI right now should be in GEJ's team ? Why is he not there? because GEJ is not smart. Even if he believed Amaechi was an enemy he should have learnt from how OBJ managed Atiku. Sun Tzu says when you are strong allow your enemy to think you are weak. He started to show power too early and for the wrong reasons. Let us ask why is it so important to back the likes of Wike
NUMBER TWO
let us look at the SW. The PDP even with the power of incumbency lost the SW region to APC in 2011. It must have been clear to any lear mind that given the bad blood in the North he MUST unite the whole of the South behind him. It is one thing to try and fail but another to fail to try.
Again he mistimed his fight with OBJ. I say this not because OBJ will get him votes in the SW,no but he woulld be a major distraction that is not needed and again he should have waited till 2015 before showing his hand. OBJ's main constituency is not the SW but the Army.They have their own code and like him or loathe him he is an unnecessary enemy. There is no Nigerian politician who can match his profile internationally.I believe he could have been settled a long time ago.Jonathan took the advice of those who believe otherwise we shall soon see who was right
MILITANTS
It is clear that GEJ is a secret sympathizer but he is partial mainly to IJAW militants not the entire Niger Delta. He has rewarded them handsomely but they cannot win elections foor him.Once again his failure to build similar structures in the SW is backfiring. The SW is not that difficult to manipulate and he could have dealt with Tinubu effectively. Looking back there is only one reason why Buhari has a chance and that is Tinubu. I find it strange that hhe has been unable to unearth enough evidence to Jail Tinubu and cripple the APC the way OBJ did. That kind of cunning requires old experienced politicians who understand the dirty tricks of Nigerian politics not the likes of Tompolo,Labaran Maku,Dieziani,Oduah etc. In short he has been enriching people who have NO VALUE to his personal interests.
He only has himself to blame. I have no doubdt that even Tinubu could have been bought. Let us imagine that Tinubu or his proxy was the one stealing all that Dieziani is alleged to have stolen we would not be having this discussion.

So from the perspective of political shenanigans GEJ has failed himself. I will not even talk about how he failed Nigerians
Re: Revisiting 2015 ELECTION, GEJ TILL 2019 by Officialgarri: 7:47pm On May 20, 2020
Either I didn't read your write-up thoroughly or you actually left out the very weak war on terrorism and how his government were cashing out through the channel.

You left out the corruption that was crippling the nation and how the rich kept getting richer, the intimidation in courts where judgements were always in favor of the rich.
omonnakoda:

I just quoted what I said in 2015 without additions or subtraction

Oh, alright
Re: Revisiting 2015 ELECTION, GEJ TILL 2019 by omonnakoda: 7:49pm On May 20, 2020
Officialgarri:
Either I didn't read your write-up thoroughly or you actually left out the very weak war on terrorism

I just quoted what I said in 2015 without additions or subtraction
Re: Revisiting 2015 ELECTION, GEJ TILL 2019 by omonnakoda: 7:50pm On May 20, 2020
Mynd44 viewing
grin
I love you
Re: Revisiting 2015 ELECTION, GEJ TILL 2019 by omonnakoda: 7:54pm On May 20, 2020
Officialgarri:
Either I didn't read your write-up thoroughly or you actually left out the very weak war on terrorism and how his government were cashing out through the channel.

You left out the corruption that was crippling the nation and how the rich kept getting richer, the intimidation in courts where judgements were always in favor of the rich.

Oh, alright

That is the point of this thread.
Self indulgence.
I could not bring my self to vote Buhari but GEJ was a failure and I cannot allow his failure to be deodorized

(1) (Reply)

The APC Led Government Has Done Incredibly Well So far. / The (abubakar Bukola Saraki) ABS Foundation Launches The 4th Stage Of Covid-19 R / Manager Of Demolished Hotel, 26 Others Test Positive For Covid-19 In Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.