Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,957 members, 7,952,852 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:47 AM

Can Anyone Tell Me The Meaning Of These Is Yoruba - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Can Anyone Tell Me The Meaning Of These Is Yoruba (948 Views)

The Highest And Most Polished Culture On Earth Is Yoruba Culture - Reno Omokri / Animals Names In Yoruba And Their English Meaning / The Meaning Of Edo Flag Of Benin Kingdom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Anyone Tell Me The Meaning Of These Is Yoruba by mamaafrik(m): 9:17pm On May 20, 2020
It is always good to learn our mother tongue and be vast with it as it is our culture and heritage.

We can only not lose this heritage if we learn,use it and pass it to our offsprings.

When Yoruba say"ebi nio pa'jesha to oni oun koje" Aaya".
What is Aaya in English??
It is also usually said that "Aaya beele ,o beere"

Secondly,Yoruba will say "Ati omo ekun,ati omo eeya ,won ko t'omo kiniun"
What animal is called "Eeya " ??
Re: Can Anyone Tell Me The Meaning Of These Is Yoruba by mignone(f): 9:28pm On May 20, 2020
Àáyá is a specie of ape (ọ̀bọ) sir.
Re: Can Anyone Tell Me The Meaning Of These Is Yoruba by Amotolongbo(f): 9:29pm On May 20, 2020
mamaafrik:
Iy is always good to learn our mother tongue and be vast with it as it is our culture and heritage,

We can only not lose this heritage if we learn,use it and pass it to our offsp.

When Yoruba say"ebi nio pa'jesha tio oni oun kp je" Aaya".
What is Aaya in English??
It is also usually said that "Aaya beele ,o beere"

Secondly,Yoruba will say "Ati omo ekun,ati omo eeya ,won ko t'omo kiniun"
What animal is called "Eeya " ??
this is the real yoruba adage, “ebi ni o pa Ijesha ti o ni oun ko je eko oyo

An Ijesha man who declined eating Oyo pap isn’t really hungry.

Aaya is a specie of a monkey
Re: Can Anyone Tell Me The Meaning Of These Is Yoruba by naija4life247: 9:38pm On May 20, 2020
Amotolongbo:

Iya Yoruba, keepe ooo

2 Likes

Re: Can Anyone Tell Me The Meaning Of These Is Yoruba by naija4life247: 9:39pm On May 20, 2020
mignone:

Ijinle Yoruba. Mojuba yin sir. Agba aape lorile.
Re: Can Anyone Tell Me The Meaning Of These Is Yoruba by BlowYourMind: 9:41pm On May 20, 2020
Eleyi wuni Lori jojo
Re: Can Anyone Tell Me The Meaning Of These Is Yoruba by mignone(f): 11:02pm On May 20, 2020
naija4life247:

Ijinle Yoruba. Mojuba yin sir. Agba aape lorile.
Ìbà Obalúayé o!
Re: Can Anyone Tell Me The Meaning Of These Is Yoruba by mamaafrik(m): 9:06am On May 21, 2020
Amotolongbo:

Aaya is a specie of a monkey

baaaaabaaaoooo,thank you sir
Re: Can Anyone Tell Me The Meaning Of These Is Yoruba by mamaafrik(m): 9:10am On May 21, 2020
mignone:
kaasaa,ekuise opolo ma.
Eseun ,mo dupeoooo
Re: Can Anyone Tell Me The Meaning Of These Is Yoruba by mamaafrik(m): 9:12am On May 21, 2020
Iba wunmi kiin mo itumo" Eeya" pelu......,sadankata fun gbogbo majeobaje Yorubaoooooo
Re: Can Anyone Tell Me The Meaning Of These Is Yoruba by mamaafrik(m): 1:58pm On Jun 26, 2023
mignone:
Thanks
Re: Can Anyone Tell Me The Meaning Of These Is Yoruba by mamaafrik(m): 2:00pm On Jun 26, 2023
BlowYourMind:
Eleyi wuni Lori jojo
Yes we need to buckle language up.
Arojinle and others are trying now on educating us

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Logic Behind ''ingli-igbo'' Names? / AYINLA OMOWURA:41 Years Like Yesterday / Trendy Ibo Guys Rocking Traditional Dance In Amsterdam!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.