Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,251 members, 7,860,581 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:56 PM

I Need An Explanation On Why The Accreditation Values Should Be Different - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Need An Explanation On Why The Accreditation Values Should Be Different (155 Views)

Give An Explanation To This Cartoon Illustration (Picture) / International Conference Center, Venue For The Accreditation Of APC Delegates / Sowore: "You Owe Nigerians An Explanation’ – Sagay Tells DSS Over Re-arrest Of A (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Need An Explanation On Why The Accreditation Values Should Be Different by BluntNigerian: 3:12pm On May 21, 2020
For two elections that were held simultaneously on the same day, and they both used the same accreditation exercise, and were also collated within the same locality, and their results were all declared without the aid of any supplementary elections; are the numbers of accredited voters for these two different elections that used the same accreditation within the same locality supposed to also be the same, since both elections used the same accreditation?

The fact that both elections used same accreditation exercise, I would want to know if there are any reasons whatsoever, why there would be any variations in the SUMS of the “number of accredited voters” in a particular defined geographical locality for three different elections that held simultaneously on the same day and used the same single accreditation exercise for the three elections, and all results declared within the same period without any supplementary elections.
(Bearing in mind that cancelled polling units affected all the said three elections for all those affected polling units)

For clarity, let me use Anambra State as an example.
One single Accreditation served both the Presidential, Senatorial, and House of Representatives elections.
The Presidential and Senatorial elections all got declared without supplementary elections.
But for the Aguata Federal Constituency and Idemili North/South Federal Constituency, they were determined with supplementary elections.
Thus, The sum of the Accreditation for the three Senatorial elections in Anambra can be compared with the Accreditation for the Presidential election in Anambra.
However, since the supplementary elections in Aguata and Idemili North/South had disqualified the use of the Sum of the accreditation of the 11 Federal constituencies in Anambra State to compare with the Accreditation for the Presidential election in Anambra, or the sum of the three Accreditations for the three Senatorial elections, it is now only the sum of the accreditation for those Federal Constituencies elections that are under the Anambra North Senatorial Zone that can be compared with the accreditation for the Anambra North Senatorial election, since there were no supplementary elections for the House of Representatives elections for those Federal Constituencies under Anambra North Senatorial Zone.

I want to know if there are authentic legal reasons why these accreditation values are supposed to be different.
And also, whether they are truly different elections in all ramifications, and their Accreditation Values shouldn’t be compared for any reason.
Re: I Need An Explanation On Why The Accreditation Values Should Be Different by BluntNigerian: 3:13pm On May 21, 2020
Lalasticlala
Seun

(1) (Reply)

Reps Caucus Endorses Okowa's 'operation Delta Hawk' / Okowa Not Chairman NEC Sub-committee On COVID-19 Economic Growth – DTSG / Gov Emmanuel, Covid-19 And Crisis Management

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.