Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,139 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:59 AM

Are Ankara Facemasks Harmful? (Fact Check By PoliticsNigeria: FALSE) - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Are Ankara Facemasks Harmful? (Fact Check By PoliticsNigeria: FALSE) (38475 Views)

Diphtheria: States Consider Facemasks As Cases Escalate / SON Inspects Facemasks & PPE-Producing Factories In Abia And Rivers States / Chinese Health Workers Take Off Facemasks To Celebrate Fall In Coronavirus Cases (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Ankara Facemasks Harmful? (Fact Check By PoliticsNigeria: FALSE) by xcabczyxabczzzz: 6:36pm On May 21, 2020
safarigirl:

Is English the lingua franca of China, or we're the Chinese colonised by England? The kind of examples some of you give, shows that you don't have the requisite wisdom to navigate certain discussions.

It is because the average Nigerian is poor at English, they make you guys write IELTS to travel out of the country.

Stop taking pride in a lack of proper knowledge, of your country's official language.
Pidgin English more common in Nigeria, don't kid yourself.

Hood plenty pass civilized environment in Nigeria, and when you dey hood you wan come dey speak grammar; you are just setting yourself up for extortion.
Re: Are Ankara Facemasks Harmful? (Fact Check By PoliticsNigeria: FALSE) by Nobody: 6:42pm On May 21, 2020
aminulive:
FALSE

https://politicsnigeria.com/fact-check-will-ankara-facemasks-cause-harm-to-users-amidst-coronavirus/

All viruses will likely he able to pass thru a fabric based face mask
Re: Are Ankara Facemasks Harmful? (Fact Check By PoliticsNigeria: FALSE) by Chommybaby(f): 6:56pm On May 21, 2020
ursullalinda:
Both the clinical and the Ankara one is very incoveniencing......gush I hate this face mask thing to a fault.....can't wait for this Coro stuff to be over......just that wearing it gives you false confidence of being protected.

Babe I'm seriously with you!!
That stuff is like a mini jail to me... I just wonder how people can wear that from morning till night undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Are Ankara Facemasks Harmful? (Fact Check By PoliticsNigeria: FALSE) by TheGladiator: 7:19pm On May 21, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Grow up kid. Your childish comments so irritating. Muppet!
Re: Are Ankara Facemasks Harmful? (Fact Check By PoliticsNigeria: FALSE) by majamajic(m): 7:22pm On May 21, 2020
They Are , infact I couldn't sleep yesterday after using a new Ankara face mask , it was a bit tight ( I didn't wan test before buying) , that was my mistake , tears kept rolling down my eyes as I sleep till morning,

It's affecting my health as am talking now , I bought a new one today, but am still going through pains , seriously .
Re: Are Ankara Facemasks Harmful? (Fact Check By PoliticsNigeria: FALSE) by megama: 7:52pm On May 21, 2020
Seun:

Can you point us to where the World Health Organization officially recommended the use of face-masks? It would be very helpful, thanks.
if you are not an in depth you don't need to be on this forum
Re: Are Ankara Facemasks Harmful? (Fact Check By PoliticsNigeria: FALSE) by Dollabiz: 8:25pm On May 21, 2020
yes
Re: Are Ankara Facemasks Harmful? (Fact Check By PoliticsNigeria: FALSE) by FullBlastLight: 8:27pm On May 21, 2020
As part of efforts to curb the Coronavirus pandemic across the world, the World Health Organisation (WHO) recommended the use of face masks.

Kwayet!

WHO has never at any time recommended d use of facemasks on a general note except only 4 those who are sick & d pple taking care of them!

Re: Are Ankara Facemasks Harmful? (Fact Check By PoliticsNigeria: FALSE) by blowjohn(m): 8:29pm On May 21, 2020
Those clothe face mask though important, also make someone susceptible to upper respiratory tract infections
Re: Are Ankara Facemasks Harmful? (Fact Check By PoliticsNigeria: FALSE) by drololaaof: 8:35pm On May 21, 2020
What you fail to say is that there are various types of Ankara fabrics the old fabric is either 75-100% cotton but what we have now are days were 0% cotton fabric dubbed wash and wear these are majorly polyester, whose protective capacity have not been tested and verified . They were won to circumvent embarrassment and flouting the law.
Re: Are Ankara Facemasks Harmful? (Fact Check By PoliticsNigeria: FALSE) by Ashinner: 9:10pm On May 21, 2020
This is the work of the companies that import face mask thinking It will be a lucrative business for them this time, but now, the local face mask is allowed, people rush to the local one,than the imported.
Re: Are Ankara Facemasks Harmful? (Fact Check By PoliticsNigeria: FALSE) by rali123(f): 9:39pm On May 21, 2020
This is so not true, they are harmful if not made properly, you need at least 3layers of the fabric to protect you from any harmful virus. Most of what's out there is not safe enough so you need a trusted fashion designer to make one for you, be guided because wearing mask for prolonged hours and days even in hospital is not so good that why doctors remove it after seeing patients.

Ankara facemask must be properly washed and disinfected after every use as well.

1 Like

Re: Are Ankara Facemasks Harmful? (Fact Check By PoliticsNigeria: FALSE) by SirWarlock: 9:42pm On May 21, 2020
braveheart77:

So all the doctors and health workers using it for years are silly?
They use medical grade masks.
Re: Are Ankara Facemasks Harmful? (Fact Check By PoliticsNigeria: FALSE) by Nairalandmonika: 9:49pm On May 21, 2020
FullBlastLight:
As part of efforts to curb the Coronavirus pandemic across the world, the World Health Organisation (WHO) recommended the use of face masks.

Kwayet!

WHO has never at any time recommended d use of facemasks on a general note except only 4 those who are sick & d pple taking care of them!
This is the very reason why everyone must where face. Alot of people are asymptomatic meaning they have the virus but not sick. How do u identify such people and give them the mask to wear from to stop them from spreading the virus.

What doctors actually recommend is that if u are in a crowded place, were the mask, when u are alone or less crowded place take it off.
Re: Are Ankara Facemasks Harmful? (Fact Check By PoliticsNigeria: FALSE) by fatymore(f): 10:52pm On May 21, 2020
I can't use it...Breathing is always difficult for me...so I used the surgical one
Re: Are Ankara Facemasks Harmful? (Fact Check By PoliticsNigeria: FALSE) by Verance: 11:00pm On May 21, 2020
Na so keke rider wear face mask made of lace material the other day.

Nothing westlife no go see for that empty street.
Re: Are Ankara Facemasks Harmful? (Fact Check By PoliticsNigeria: FALSE) by SpicyMimi(f): 11:38pm On May 21, 2020
Never used it, make heat no finish my mouth prefer the surgical one.
Re: Are Ankara Facemasks Harmful? (Fact Check By PoliticsNigeria: FALSE) by Mutation: 1:14am On May 22, 2020
Mutation:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Re: Are Ankara Facemasks Harmful? (Fact Check By PoliticsNigeria: FALSE) by NamelessOGBENI(m): 2:05am On May 22, 2020
Iyiataata92:

First of all, you failed as a journalist by calling a report ''erroneous'' and a ''conspiracy theory'' even before you've made enquiries to verify the report.
That is biased journalism.

Meanwhile,speaking from personal experience, Ankara facemask is dangerous to health. When I breath out, before all the exhaled CO2 passes out through the clothing, I'll need to breath in again, and in that instant, I'll take back some of the stale air I pushed out and the effect is felt immediately through my nostrils up to my eyes.
I don't need doctors and WHO to advise me on this cos I already know it's harmful and I don't use it

Call Your Police
Re: Are Ankara Facemasks Harmful? (Fact Check By PoliticsNigeria: FALSE) by ThaProphet(m): 7:08am On May 22, 2020
safarigirl:
I will never understand why Nigerians choose to speak awful English like "There is no any...."

I get it's not our native language, but a grown adult with a formal education, should be well versed in spoken English, to know not to construct such sentences angry

Leave 'any' out of it. Such English will only be tolerated from children.

Thank God someone picked this up...

At this point, English has become a basic life skill.
Re: Are Ankara Facemasks Harmful? (Fact Check By PoliticsNigeria: FALSE) by Chuky7(m): 8:27am On May 22, 2020
safarigirl:
I will never understand why Nigerians choose to speak awful English like "There is no any...."

I get it's not our native language, but a grown adult with a formal education, should be well versed in spoken English, to know not to construct such sentences angry

Leave 'any' out of it. Such English will only be tolerated from children.

safari safari leave matter O...no make me run from kano to bayelsa O...

how you now...
Re: Are Ankara Facemasks Harmful? (Fact Check By PoliticsNigeria: FALSE) by afrique7: 9:28am On May 22, 2020
Thank you for the information. However it must be noted that using of face mask is not an absolute protection from the virus. Using face masks are effective only when used in combination with frequent hand-cleaning with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water. Face mask does not prevent you from breathing the contaminated air if you are exposed to such air except if you are wearing a respirator (https://www.ohscanada.com/overtime/face-masks-vs-respirators/)

The most important benefit wearing a face masks does for you, is that it prevents you from touching all places (Nose and Mouth) where the virus can enter your body system, if you hand were to be contaminated before you wash your hand.

You can go to the WHO website for more information about when and how to use face masks.
https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public/when-and-how-to-use-masks

Re: Are Ankara Facemasks Harmful? (Fact Check By PoliticsNigeria: FALSE) by FullBlastLight: 9:36pm On May 22, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

This is the very reason why everyone must where face. Alot of people are asymptomatic meaning they have the virus but not sick. How do u identify such people and give them the mask to wear from to stop them from spreading the virus.

What doctors actually recommend is that if u are in a crowded place, were the mask, when u are alone or less crowded place take it off.

If they're truly asymptomatic, then they can't by any means spread d disease!

Dis is simply so because it takes droplets frm coughs, sneezes, etc, 2 spread d virus, and since those droplets ain't coming out frm d asymptomatic patients, they there4 can't infect anybody or contaminate any surface or object 4 pple 2 be infected thereby!

In short, being asymptomatic wil mean no droplets, and no droplets means no infection, while no infection implies zero or false spread!

Re: Are Ankara Facemasks Harmful? (Fact Check By PoliticsNigeria: FALSE) by Nairalandmonika: 10:53am On May 23, 2020
FullBlastLight:

If they're truly asymptomatic, then they can't by any means spread d disease!

Dis is simply so because it takes droplets frm coughs, sneezes, etc, 2 spread d virus, and since those droplets ain't coming out frm d asymptomatic patients, they there4 can't infect anybody or contaminate any surface or object 4 pple 2 be infected thereby!

In short, being asymptomatic wil mean no droplets, and no droplets means no infection, while no infection implies zero or false spread!
What of when an asymptomatic patient is talking or shouting?
Well Nigeria case get as e be.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Papilloma Deadly Virus Is A Virus Gotten From Kissing, Please Kiss Less Humans / Why Ebola Remains Incurable –UK Doctor / Dangers Of Excessive Smoking, A Victim You Should See

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.