Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,730 members, 7,809,803 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:14 PM

Who Speaks For The Ikwerre's That Say They Are Igbos? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Speaks For The Ikwerre's That Say They Are Igbos? (492 Views)

Reno Omokri: Sheikh Gumi Defends Bandits But Never Speaks For Their Victims / Meet The Ikwerre Man Who Is Deputy President General Of Ohanaeze Ndigbo / The Origin Of The Ikwerre People Of Rivers State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Speaks For The Ikwerre's That Say They Are Igbos? by gidgiddy: 4:51pm On May 21, 2020
Below are what five well known Ikwerre indigenes said.

Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi, former Governor of Rivers State and Transport Minister: "It is important that Senator Abaribe does not deny me my Igbo heritage, I am an Igbo man

Duncan Okechukwu(Duncan Mighty), singer and musician: "Im a proud 'nwa afo'(born Igbo)

3.Tonto Dike, Actress and Singer: Im an Igbo girl but I cannot marry an Igbo man

4. Monalisa Chinda, Actress: "Im an Ikwerre-Igbo girl

5. Barrister Uche Okwukwu, Secretary General of Ohanaeze: "If I was not an Igbo man, I would not be Secretary General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo"

There are too many threads on NL of people arguing about if Ikwerre's are Igbo or not. There are some who say Ikwerres are not Igbo but a distinct ethnic group. Others say they are as Igbo as any Igbo. Theres even talk about Ikwerres being Edo. Who speaks for the 5 Ikwerres above? Who speaks for the Ikwerre's that do not deny being Igbo?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Speaks For The Ikwerre's That Say They Are Igbos? by mancanoe: 4:55pm On May 21, 2020
We know who we are, but down here the issues are complex, the politics is complex..... We know who we are.
Re: Who Speaks For The Ikwerre's That Say They Are Igbos? by Captainrambo2: 5:01pm On May 21, 2020
^^^ stop trolling you sound dumb really dumb.

Truth is being a minority ethic group in nigeria is very bad. I wish one day the people from delta and edo will mix well then for a superior ethnic group. The world has gone past eras of living in fragments.

The british people were once, (saxons, Vikings, celt, )
Over time they came together. That's survival. If not they will still be bickering among themselves.

This idea of trying to carve little niches and calling it ethnic groups at this age and time is so archaic. And backward.

We in esan and the binis re one already. And I hope soonest urhobo, itsekiri , ijaw, afemai, owan people will become one with us. Igbo people one side, yorbrba people the other side.

Now back to the topic ....... known ikwere man that says he is not igbo pls fall out let's see you.

And mind you. if I ask you what's your name and you say ndidi I wont ask you your ethic group. I simply wont. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Who Speaks For The Ikwerre's That Say They Are Igbos? by Captainrambo2: 5:02pm On May 21, 2020
BrownLondon:
Beggy Beggy people, no iota of shame.
well this person claiming anioma is an imposter. He is anioma and he is insulting bendel people ? The only people that refer to Edo and delta state indigens re people from the east. Period. That person is pure igbo claiming anioma.

undecided
Re: Who Speaks For The Ikwerre's That Say They Are Igbos? by horsepower102: 5:08pm On May 21, 2020
Op Ogbako Ikwerre, the apex ikwerri body speaks for them and they have said that they are not Igbos. They are from Bini.

Please leave this dead end issue alone. It has been thoroughly dealt with.

Any ikwerre person saying otherwise is either lying to you to get something from you, or ignorant of their identity or reject the igbophobic narrative.

But no matter what it is, most Igbos have moved on and accepted what ikwerre Apex body has said.

I think its time you do too.

3 Likes

Re: Who Speaks For The Ikwerre's That Say They Are Igbos? by Bendeco2020: 6:38pm On May 21, 2020
horsepower102:
Op Ogbako Ikwerre, the apex ikwerri body speaks for them and they have said that they are not Igbos. They are from Bini.

Any ikwerre person saying otherwise is either lying to you to get something from you, or ignorant of their identity or reject the igbophobic narrative.

But no matter what it is, most Igbos have moved on and accepted what ikwerre Apex body has said.

shut up and argue what u know... have u been to ikwere before to know whether they are Igbo or not.... let me tell u am from Onitsha, Anambra. Ikwere people has more things in common both in appearance and dialect with IMO state than Imo and Anambra have in common.

some of you without traveling will just sit in ur state throughout ur life and knows everything that goes on in all part of the nation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Speaks For The Ikwerre's That Say They Are Igbos? by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 7:03pm On May 21, 2020
Op the thing to do is allow people here to rant let Asaba and port Harcourt keep developing
with free oil money until Nigeria break up cheesy grin
Re: Who Speaks For The Ikwerre's That Say They Are Igbos? by sultanodudua: 7:23pm On May 21, 2020
Ikwerres are not igbos. When will this enter una brains. Igbos are not related to lazy people, confused race and saboteurs

1 Like

Re: Who Speaks For The Ikwerre's That Say They Are Igbos? by sultanodudua: 7:26pm On May 21, 2020
horsepower102:

I love the bolded part.

(1) (Reply)

Edo2020: The Impossibility Of Conducting An Indirect Primary In Edo State / Breaking: Appeal Court Sacks Oshiomhole As APC Chairman / I'll Win Edo Election Without The Help Of Any Godfather, Says Ize-iyamu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.