Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:10 AM

See The Grasscutter I Caught This Morning As I Went To Inspect My Traps - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / See The Grasscutter I Caught This Morning As I Went To Inspect My Traps (96855 Views)

This Is Bush Rat, Alligator, Grasscutter, Rabbit And Reptile TRAP / Bird I Caught This Morning In My Compound In Abia / The Big Python I Caught In My Farm This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Grasscutter I Caught This Morning As I Went To Inspect My Traps by Hypocrit: 8:52pm On May 21, 2020
Starhearts:
To eat monkey just dey hungry me here in Cyprus
Be careful o, they are coming for your head o. They are some persons cousins o...
Re: See The Grasscutter I Caught This Morning As I Went To Inspect My Traps by NaijadrivaCars: 8:52pm On May 21, 2020
Saw lalasticlala pushing this this to FP. And he did! shocked
Re: See The Grasscutter I Caught This Morning As I Went To Inspect My Traps by SocialJustice: 8:52pm On May 21, 2020
OROSENIWO:

See wetin!
Ever read or heard about Ebola virus?
Nigerians sha and poverty mentality.
Bushrats are vectors of life threatening diseases.
If not properly cooked.
Re: See The Grasscutter I Caught This Morning As I Went To Inspect My Traps by Mizwisdom(f): 8:53pm On May 21, 2020
I need this in my life right now cheesy

1 Like

Re: See The Grasscutter I Caught This Morning As I Went To Inspect My Traps by Jakumo(m): 8:53pm On May 21, 2020
For the last time, you city slickers. That animal is a porcupine. Read and be educated.

http://animaldiversity.org/accounts/Atherurus_africanus/
Re: See The Grasscutter I Caught This Morning As I Went To Inspect My Traps by Nobody: 8:53pm On May 21, 2020
Why do we kill all these beautiful animals??

We want all these creatures to become endangered??

This is wickedness.. It must be stopped grin grin grin grin
Re: See The Grasscutter I Caught This Morning As I Went To Inspect My Traps by Toreddo3679(m): 8:54pm On May 21, 2020
6digitscomrade:
and u forgot he should drink Ajinomoto to rinse his stomach also?or of what use will d hands washing be?
grin grin
Re: See The Grasscutter I Caught This Morning As I Went To Inspect My Traps by Mikeiron78(m): 8:54pm On May 21, 2020
Idiots, killing and eating everything without replacement
Re: See The Grasscutter I Caught This Morning As I Went To Inspect My Traps by lekki1444: 8:54pm On May 21, 2020
YOU RAT SOUP EATING SHARAMUTA
Re: See The Grasscutter I Caught This Morning As I Went To Inspect My Traps by Okoroawusa: 8:56pm On May 21, 2020
Chai! See better meat o!

The last time I ate bushmeat was at Igbanke on my way to Lagos from the East.

This one na better pepper soup with palmwine
Re: See The Grasscutter I Caught This Morning As I Went To Inspect My Traps by abes(m): 8:56pm On May 21, 2020
Jakumo:

So many city dwellers on Nairaland. No sir that is not a rat, but a porcupine. A rat does NOT have a bushy tail of thick quills. Only a porcupine does.

Porcupine how? Not even close. Have you seen squirrel without a bushy tail? Anyway, I insist that thing the OP is holding is a pouched rat (okete).

1 Like

Re: See The Grasscutter I Caught This Morning As I Went To Inspect My Traps by DeRay98(m): 8:58pm On May 21, 2020
Atlanticfire:
OP is educated yet he fail to realise that grass cutter is a rat and can transmit dangerous virus infection to humans.

Covid 20 loading

Lassa fever as bonus
The funny thing you're probably a city bred kid who never stepped into or grew up in the village.
From generations to generations running into centuries our rural people lived on whatever they could get from the forest and bush meat has been their major source of quality animal protein without any epidemics resulting such, until the white man started their experiments on African lives and we started hearing these animals contaminating human with virus etc.
In any case, as someone who experienced village life thoroughly through primary, secondary school and early yrs in university, one who hunted bushmeat for food and income from which me and siblings were schooled, no one eat raw bush meat.
Africans naturally overcook meals instead of undercooked or raw meating.
So, these theories apply more to white people who eat partially cooked meat.

3 Likes

Re: See The Grasscutter I Caught This Morning As I Went To Inspect My Traps by Ugwueme1(m): 8:58pm On May 21, 2020
Bros you get lucky and nchi is bae
Re: See The Grasscutter I Caught This Morning As I Went To Inspect My Traps by Jakumo(m): 8:58pm On May 21, 2020
abes:

Porcupine how? Not even close. Have you seen squirrel without a bushy tail? Anyway, I insist that thing the OP is holding is a pouched rat (okete).

Ok meet me under Oshodi bridge. We must fight a clean fist-fight, and whoever wins the bout, can return here to claim superior knowledge about rats.
Re: See The Grasscutter I Caught This Morning As I Went To Inspect My Traps by Goalnaldo(m): 8:59pm On May 21, 2020
Carry go my brother. Once something is invoke nairalanders will always be referencing it as if people don't eat bush meat before. Just make sure you cook it very well. Enjoy.
Re: See The Grasscutter I Caught This Morning As I Went To Inspect My Traps by Erimmy2(m): 8:59pm On May 21, 2020
Emmyloaded:
The Lockdown has helped me do somethings at home
Show us the trap.
Re: See The Grasscutter I Caught This Morning As I Went To Inspect My Traps by DeRay98(m): 9:00pm On May 21, 2020
Emmyloaded:
I went to inspect my traps this morning, lo and behold I found this Big Grasscutter chilling in my trap.

Food is Ready

Bros, from the tail, i can see you actually caught a Porcupine and not a Grasscutter. That tail makes some noise like chekere when shaken
Re: See The Grasscutter I Caught This Morning As I Went To Inspect My Traps by friday2011(m): 9:00pm On May 21, 2020
Show us the trap or you gerat of here mhennn... Shit
Re: See The Grasscutter I Caught This Morning As I Went To Inspect My Traps by faithy29: 9:00pm On May 21, 2020
[quote author=decatalyst post=89806691][/quote]

Na lie bros!!!
Re: See The Grasscutter I Caught This Morning As I Went To Inspect My Traps by Tolani045(m): 9:01pm On May 21, 2020
Yuceeluv:
No matter how sweet bush meat is, Lord knows i can not taste one, this period.

Bros! wash your hands very well o after eating it.
sorry dear you're missing alot lol
Re: See The Grasscutter I Caught This Morning As I Went To Inspect My Traps by Jakumo(m): 9:01pm On May 21, 2020
friday2011:
Show us the trap or you gerat of here mhennn... Shit

Haba so na by force you go look the trap ?

What of if the man no gree show you hin system of trap ?

You go say make police arrest am ?

1 Like

Re: See The Grasscutter I Caught This Morning As I Went To Inspect My Traps by Nobody: 9:03pm On May 21, 2020
Emmyloaded:
I went to inspect my traps this morning, lo and behold I found this Big Grasscutter chilling in my trap.

Food is Ready

About 20 years ago , we were using the fats of grasscutter to eat yam, and intestine for pepper soup grin. This indomie generation don't know what they are missing. They are only use to chicken, goat and cow meat. In the Vila we had varieties; squirrel, monkey, grasscutter, bush pig , antelope, .....just too many . We didn't eat artificial chicken with different smelling odour

1 Like

Re: See The Grasscutter I Caught This Morning As I Went To Inspect My Traps by Yuceeluv(f): 9:04pm On May 21, 2020
bros! If he wants to eat poison, i can not stop him na. He should just not transfer it to someone else. That is my own concern.

6digitscomrade:
and u forgot he should drink Ajinomoto to rinse his stomach also?or of what use will d hands washing be?

1 Like

Re: See The Grasscutter I Caught This Morning As I Went To Inspect My Traps by friday2011(m): 9:07pm On May 21, 2020
Jakumo:

Haba so na by force you go look the trap ?

What of if the man no gree show you hin system of trap ?

You go say make police arrest am ?

No mind me jare, i just dey pull op leg...

But seriously, d tin dey pain me say na only op go chop dis animal, that thing can sweet with egusi soup ehn...

1 Like

Re: See The Grasscutter I Caught This Morning As I Went To Inspect My Traps by Nobody: 9:07pm On May 21, 2020
Yuceeluv:

your ancestors depended on bush meat for survival

1 Like

Re: See The Grasscutter I Caught This Morning As I Went To Inspect My Traps by TTGIL: 9:08pm On May 21, 2020
Re: See The Grasscutter I Caught This Morning As I Went To Inspect My Traps by TTGIL: 9:09pm On May 21, 2020
Re: See The Grasscutter I Caught This Morning As I Went To Inspect My Traps by TTGIL: 9:10pm On May 21, 2020
Read more about THE BEAUTY OF GRASSCUTTER FARMING IN NIGERIA at: https://grasscutterfarminginnigeria.info/thread/71/grasscutter-farming-nigeria#.XsbesURKjIU
Re: See The Grasscutter I Caught This Morning As I Went To Inspect My Traps by Jakumo(m): 9:10pm On May 21, 2020
Re: See The Grasscutter I Caught This Morning As I Went To Inspect My Traps by Frankicent(m): 9:10pm On May 21, 2020
Yuceeluv:

Naso dem dey talk... Come and eat, come and eat , no! no! I don't like it am Not hungry. 5 minutes.. You devour pot.. We know your type

1 Like

Re: See The Grasscutter I Caught This Morning As I Went To Inspect My Traps by mukthar2000(m): 9:11pm On May 21, 2020
you try guy, enjoy ur lockdown.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Preserve Fresh Tomato Paste For A Year (no Refrigeration Or Preservatives) / List Of Made In Nigeria Rice And States / Feasibility for rearing 100 Broilers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.