Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,307 members, 7,836,335 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

Beware Of Scammers In This CBN Account Update Directive - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Beware Of Scammers In This CBN Account Update Directive (800 Views)

Importers, What Is Our Plans For 2016, With This CBN New Policy And Dollar Issue / Beware Of Scammers In This Cbn Account Update Directive / CBN Account Update Directive Ends Today 31st (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of Scammers In This CBN Account Update Directive by MORANOCEE(m): 2:35pm On Jan 17, 2011
With the directive from CBN to banks for customers to update their accounts, I am sensing that some desperate 'smart' fellows have cloned all the websites of Nigerian banks and would be sending mass e-mails to lure Innocent individuals to go to the sites and update their accounts for convenience.They may go ahead to include a field in the online account update form like 'ATM CARD NUMBER' , 'PIN NUMBER' which customers may fill ignorantly and fall preys.

To avoid losing your money, please do the following:
1. Go to your bank branch to obtain the form,fill and submit.

2. Before filling any form on any bank's website, carefully verify the website URL to know if it is genuine.

3. DO NOT fill any field in ANY form asking you for your ATM card number and PIN.

This is an advice from a concerned fellow.
Re: Beware Of Scammers In This CBN Account Update Directive by jamace(m): 4:22pm On Jan 17, 2011
This is a very good advice.

Poster, thanks a million.
Re: Beware Of Scammers In This CBN Account Update Directive by chikis(m): 6:08pm On Jan 20, 2011
What will happen if I fail to update my account?
Re: Beware Of Scammers In This CBN Account Update Directive by jamace(m): 2:11pm On Jan 21, 2011
What will happen if I fail to update my account?

Your account will be frozen and you will not be able to withdraw money from it.
Re: Beware Of Scammers In This CBN Account Update Directive by chikis(m): 8:43am On Jan 22, 2011
If it become frozen, can't I reactivate it again, if I meet with the bank management?

(1) (Reply)

Video - How To Open A Paypal Account & Manage It From Nigeria! / Plz, How Viable Is Article Writing? / The Lagos International Trade Fair Spurs Creativity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.