Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,601 members, 7,823,611 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

Why Not Start Your Own Small Perfume Business At Home? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Not Start Your Own Small Perfume Business At Home? (508 Views)

How To Start Your Own Small Importation Business. Not As Difficult As You Think. / How To Start Your Own Small Importation Business From Nigeria / If You Need A Loan To Start Your Own Small Business, This Is What You Must Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Not Start Your Own Small Perfume Business At Home? by chigopeepeenini(m): 9:38pm On May 21, 2020
My wife gave birth to my 3rd child and my mother came for the “omukwo” but she did not stay long.

My wife and I decided to reach out to her friend, who we taught was less busy at that time and she decided to come and help my wife during this period.

Tina was a perfume producer. During the day she goes out to market her perfumes to everybody around my vicinity and she comes back home with fantastic sales.

Tina stayed in my house for 3 months and she made close to $300(excluding her loyal and permanent customers)

I was one of her new customer as well as about 50 new people she marketed just within the 3 months she stayed with us.

At a stage, I got used to ‘tinny’ perfume as it was called and sometimes the demand was so much that she could not supply to me for about 2 weeks because of high demand.
My research instinct went into overdrive.
Talking about perfume products, the local industry is largely dominated by foreign multinationals; which begs the question – are there not enough Nigerians who can control their market?
There is demand for scented perfume and even if you were to sell your product at
500% mark-up it would still be cheaper than most of the big brands on the shelves today.
The secret to conquering this market when you are a small investor lies in producing a high-quality product that can get you intimately connected with your target market.
But what does it take to create a perfume brand that can be loved by many people?
As it turns out, the underlying concept is very simple. You can even start a small “factory” in your bedroom and grow with it.
Step One: Come Up With Your Secret Recipe
Your recipe is your business’s secret. And how do you come up with one? The answer is simple you need to roll up your sleeves and learn.

www.Youtube.com is an example of a free platform where you can learn how to create a simple perfume recipe in a matter of minutes.
Although many recipes are being suggested out there, you only need to experiment with a few until you can find one which appeals to you so that you can make a product out of it.
Step Two: Find Your Ingredients
To create a perfume you only need three ingredients (how you mix them is
what matters) – essential oils, ethanol and a fixative (optional). Essential oils and fixatives are sold together and they are available at local fragrance shops and even on sites like OLX.

Go for quality brands such as Ylang Ylang or ElCaptain.
As for ethanol, you can find it cheaply from those companies that manufacture methylated spirit or alcohol-based products. A good place to commence your search would be to locate any chemical hub within your area.

Step Three: Test Your Product
Once you have mixed all the ingredients according to your secret recipe you will beable to develop a final sample. Keep perfecting this sample until you’re sure it is the very best you can create. You can even spray yourself with it and ask your friends for an opinion.
Step Four: Market to a Small Market

The secret to succeeding in this market lies in creating an intimate connection with your customers. So start by selling your product to your friends, family and close accomplices. For instance, you can offer to be refilling their spray bottles at a competitive fee.

So, stop crying for a job if there isn’t any.
Stop waiting and waiting.

Roll up your sleeves and delve into this beautiful perfume business and see your earnings grow little by little like wife friend, Tina.

(1) (Reply)

Stop Keeping Chocolate In Fridge, Says Cadbury / Simple Thing To Do During Lockdown To Get Cool Money / LEXUS ES330 2005 Model Toks For Sale.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.