Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,103 members, 7,957,120 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 07:25 AM

339 New COVID-19 Cases, 67 Discharged And 9 Deaths On May 21 - (1864 Tested) - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 339 New COVID-19 Cases, 67 Discharged And 9 Deaths On May 21 - (1864 Tested) (58809 Views)

216 New COVID-19 Cases, 50 Discharged And 9 Deaths On May 18 (916 Tested) / 338 New COVID-19 Cases, 122 Discharged And 6 Deaths On May 17 (1375 Tested) / 288 New COVID-19 Cases, 1240 Tested, 140 Discharged And 3 Deaths On May 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 339 New COVID-19 Cases, 67 Discharged And 9 Deaths On May 21 - (1864 Tested) by elmodee7(m): 3:53am On May 22, 2020
obataokenwa:
U see almajiri walking upandan in Edo State. What do u expect.

Lagos governor and their taskforce team are all incompetent. The next thing waiting for that Lagos is ocean surge...I pity people over there cos I wonder how they sleep and see their future.
It's obvious no lockdown in Lagos.

The nature of housing there sef is enough to multiply the virus times ten. About 100 men, women and children will live in same compd and use same toilet and u expect the virus to go? Imagine if Lagos conduct test like New York? By now it would have been 120,000 cases. Disaster is waiting in Lagos when they finally open up June 1

Want to use this opportunity to thank Governor Nyesom Wike for his proactiveness in curbing the pandemic from spreading. Even though, FG sabotage your efforts through the oil workers. Governor Nyesom Wike earlier action helped all the states within not to have high cases. Check out Cross River, Imo, Anambra, Abia, Bayelsa. But Akwa Ibom acted late so the oil workers messed that place up. But in all its okay. Thanks to God

In all Sincerity, compare this health minister (with the hardest name to pronounce) with Onyebuchi Chukwu during ebola. The problem is incompetent people everywhere and we don't even have head and tail. No one hears from the president and Vice...it's well, that country of educated people got to this level cos of Jega and his foolishness. Now the almajiri that caused all this shit are being rejected everywhere. Inside life.

Ur stupidity is top notch. Which other state is as proactive as Lagos? Lagos conducts the highest number of tests in Nigeria and this is evident in the number of positive results. Brain-dead sickly child

1 Like

Re: 339 New COVID-19 Cases, 67 Discharged And 9 Deaths On May 21 - (1864 Tested) by Fibonacci88: 4:03am On May 22, 2020
HeadShot:

9 deaths just today?...
Are you ok?

Lagos should be on lockdown
Suddenly the average Nigerian is now concerned about death. The same Nigeria where boko Haram kill on daily basis is where u guys suddenly care about 9 deaths without proof. Keep shouting lockdown until hunger fish u out.

4 Likes

Re: 339 New COVID-19 Cases, 67 Discharged And 9 Deaths On May 21 - (1864 Tested) by Nobody: 4:30am On May 22, 2020
andrewtosin:
Approximately 17.5% of the people tested so far came positive. This ain't cool
if we are to estimate the total number of Nigerians that might be infected, it would be 17.5% * 200,000,000 = 35,000,000.
Kai, I think something is wrong with the test. they should try testing some healthy people to see if it is 100% perfect.
Re: 339 New COVID-19 Cases, 67 Discharged And 9 Deaths On May 21 - (1864 Tested) by Jack500: 4:37am On May 22, 2020
HeadShot:

9 deaths just today?...
Are you ok?

Keep quiet, u don't know more than lockdown, as if the lockdown is working, Go and lock it down now, lazy bones.

3 Likes

Re: 339 New COVID-19 Cases, 67 Discharged And 9 Deaths On May 21 - (1864 Tested) by Jack500: 4:41am On May 22, 2020
obataokenwa:
[s][/s]U see almajiri walking upandan in Edo State. What do u expect.

Lagos governor and their taskforce team are all incompetent. The next thing waiting for that Lagos is ocean surge...I pity people over there cos I wonder how they sleep and see their future.
It's obvious no lockdown in Lagos.

The nature of housing there sef is enough to multiply the virus times ten. About 100 men, women and children will live in same compd and use same toilet and u expect the virus to go? Imagine if Lagos conduct test like New York? By now it would have been 120,000 cases. Disaster is waiting in Lagos when they finally open up June 1

Want to use this opportunity to thank Governor Nyesom Wike for his proactiveness in curbing the pandemic from spreading. Even though, FG sabotage your efforts through the oil workers. Governor Nyesom Wike earlier action helped all the states within not to have high cases. Check out Cross River, Imo, Anambra, Abia, Bayelsa. But Akwa Ibom acted late so the oil workers messed that place up. But in all its okay. Thanks to God

In all Sincerity, compare this health minister (with the hardest name to pronounce) with Onyebuchi Chukwu during ebola. The problem is incompetent people everywhere and we don't even have head and tail. No one hears from the president and Vice...it's well, that country of educated people got to this level cos of Jega and his foolishness. Now the almajiri that caused all this shit are being rejected everywhere. Inside life.[s][/s]

Keep quiet. Thrash and balderdash, as if u can do better, pity ur life, don't pity lagos, we dey Lagos, nothing dey happen here. May all u wish lagos come on ur head and ur cutists state where ur governor are demolishing people property.

What people like u fail to know, u can't compare the number of test perform in lagos to ur Rivers state, if ur clueless governor has perform 1/4 of the test of lagos state ni, their would have been higher cases.
Re: 339 New COVID-19 Cases, 67 Discharged And 9 Deaths On May 21 - (1864 Tested) by IkemChris(m): 4:43am On May 22, 2020
Audio Coro.... No one even talks of malaria again....
Re: 339 New COVID-19 Cases, 67 Discharged And 9 Deaths On May 21 - (1864 Tested) by Megaflex(m): 4:43am On May 22, 2020
oluogbon0000:
I think this is getting out of hand, i just hope we will not be seeing dead bodies on the street before we believe this is real, I think all the affected states should comply and obey the lockdown order people should be guided to avoid unfortunate scenes STAY HOME, STAY HOME ORDER
Stay home and let people die of hunger abi? You're comfortable doesn't mean others are. People are getting hungry everyday and you're talking about more lockdowns. Let Dem open up the economy abeg so that we can go out there and hustle.
Re: 339 New COVID-19 Cases, 67 Discharged And 9 Deaths On May 21 - (1864 Tested) by jagaban002(m): 4:45am On May 22, 2020
HeadShot:

9 deaths just today?...
Are you ok?

Come with ur padlock to lock it
Re: 339 New COVID-19 Cases, 67 Discharged And 9 Deaths On May 21 - (1864 Tested) by 21cents: 4:46am On May 22, 2020
josh123:
And i heard they want to open schools and religious centres
COVID isn't going anytime soon, so Schools should remain locked up? for what?

1 Like

Re: 339 New COVID-19 Cases, 67 Discharged And 9 Deaths On May 21 - (1864 Tested) by jamiudinho(m): 4:47am On May 22, 2020
DannyJ19:
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

And some northern state would soon relax the ban on religious gathering.
how those that concerns u
Re: 339 New COVID-19 Cases, 67 Discharged And 9 Deaths On May 21 - (1864 Tested) by Jack500: 4:52am On May 22, 2020
YourbaAreSlaves:
How come IMO is still 7 while they have discharged 3 few days ago, why have the numbers not changed?

The number of confirmed cases, remain the same or go higher, if their are new confirmed cases, it cant go lower, what will go lower if their is discharged is the number of active cases, and this is the standard practice all over the world.

Mynd44, Seun. U guys have to look at this moniker, derogatory and insulting moniker like this, shouldn't be allow.

2 Likes

Re: 339 New COVID-19 Cases, 67 Discharged And 9 Deaths On May 21 - (1864 Tested) by obataokenwa(m): 4:53am On May 22, 2020
elmodee7:

Ur stupidity is top notch. Which other state is as proactive as Lagos? Lagos conducts the highest number of tests in Nigeria and this is evident in the number of positive results. Brain-dead sickly child
Get ready as you want. The truth is bitter
Re: 339 New COVID-19 Cases, 67 Discharged And 9 Deaths On May 21 - (1864 Tested) by obataokenwa(m): 4:54am On May 22, 2020
Jack500:

Keep quiet. Thrash and balderdash, as if u can do better, pity ur life, don't pity lagos, we dey Lagos, nothing dey happen here. May all u wish lagos come on ur head and ur cutists state where ur governor are demolishing people property.

What people like u fail to know, u can't compare the number of test perform in lagos to ur Rivers state, if ur clueless governor has perform 1/4 of the test of lagos state ni, their would have been higher cases.
Say all you want. You sound like an incompetent person like your governor
Re: 339 New COVID-19 Cases, 67 Discharged And 9 Deaths On May 21 - (1864 Tested) by magzey: 4:56am On May 22, 2020
chigoizie7:
Then why are they clamoring to open the economy ?
Italy Spain and Germany still has cases but has gradually relaxed economy , is not Bad if we follow but with caution.
Re: 339 New COVID-19 Cases, 67 Discharged And 9 Deaths On May 21 - (1864 Tested) by Jack500: 4:59am On May 22, 2020
Jeromejnr:

So more people should die anyhow.

But you would want to go to sane countries who are ready to go to war for just one of their citizens in danger.

Oga! Keep quiet. Even the so called sane countries are opening up,and these countries still has higher number of death and cases than Nigeria daily, how many time, do we tell u that lockdown is not sustainable anywhere.

1 Like

Re: 339 New COVID-19 Cases, 67 Discharged And 9 Deaths On May 21 - (1864 Tested) by Jack500: 5:05am On May 22, 2020
obataokenwa:
Say all you want. You sound like an incompetent person like your governor

Lolz, u see, just ranting, no point, why dont u counter my argument?

Sanwoolu is 70 times better than ur dictatorial, wicked and clueless wike, before u guys yap nonsense, always compare the no of test and the rate of testing, I am very sure wike has not tested 1/4 of the number of people lagos has tested, yet u are surprised lagos has more cases, what u guys dont know is more test, more cases.

And are cases not increasing in rivers despite low testing, with ur so called lockdown?

1 Like

Re: 339 New COVID-19 Cases, 67 Discharged And 9 Deaths On May 21 - (1864 Tested) by obataokenwa(m): 5:06am On May 22, 2020
Jack500:

Let Lagos media keep deceiving you guys by thinking there is anything good abt that Lagos till reality set in the future. That state got no future and I fear ocean and pollution will override it tomorrow. Ponder abt where I'm driving at. Soon it won't be a safe place to stay. According to Research done in France...there is a projection that by 2050, Lagos won't exist again cos ocean will wipe it off...see the drainage system and the way of life plus the building in islands without proper demarcation from ocean and land in terms of slope etc
Re: 339 New COVID-19 Cases, 67 Discharged And 9 Deaths On May 21 - (1864 Tested) by ifeanyijonah: 5:08am On May 22, 2020
Lagos State is not fighting the virus rather they are joking,if they want to join the fight against covid19 they should start that by destroying the BRT road they build at Lagos-abekuta express so that people can avoid public buses and go work with their own cars, they narrowed the road from five lane to 2 lane there by cursing a very heavy holdup on that road on daily basis, from iyana ipaja to ikeja you can spend 3 good hours formally 10-20 minutes drive, that is nonsense
Re: 339 New COVID-19 Cases, 67 Discharged And 9 Deaths On May 21 - (1864 Tested) by obataokenwa(m): 5:09am On May 22, 2020
Jack500:

Lolz, u see, just ranting, no point, why dont u counter my argument?

Sanwoolu is 70 times better than ur dictatorial, wicked and clueless wike, before u guys yap nonsense, always compare the no of test and the rate of testing, I am very sure wike has not tested 1/4 of the number of people lagos has tested, yet u are surprised lagos has more cases, what u guys dont know is more test, more cases.

And are cases not increasing in rivers despite low testing, with ur so called lockdown?
Rivers State had its first test center this week. My dear Rivers State got no issue with crowding...all the cases here are all imports from Lagos. Lagos media has done more harm to you guys. Read my reply above also
Re: 339 New COVID-19 Cases, 67 Discharged And 9 Deaths On May 21 - (1864 Tested) by JunctionBox: 5:15am On May 22, 2020
Lagos is not leaving top position for anybody. Not now, not later.
Re: 339 New COVID-19 Cases, 67 Discharged And 9 Deaths On May 21 - (1864 Tested) by chigoizie7(m): 5:27am On May 22, 2020
magzey:

Italy Spain and Germany still has cases but has gradually relaxed economy , is not Bad if we follow but with caution.

We always compare ourselves with big countries but we are no match to them in terms of infrastructures.

In those countries you mentioned, they didn’t intend to or plan to relax the economy when the cases where shooting up, it was when the curve flattened . Do you know the percentage at which the cases in Nigeria grow on daily basis? Nigeria is even trying to reopen its airports meanwhile countries like Namibia that has no more cases and no death recorded, a country that has its revenues strictly from tourism. They are not planing on reopening soon. Even in Canada, SA, and even the Spain and Italy you mentioned, uk inclusive. It is a gradual process. Here in SA. It is from stage 5 to stage 4 after a month. Do you know the difference between stage 5 and 4? In stage 5, every other thing remains standstill except for sale of food items and hospitals and pharmacies.the only thing introduced in stage 4 is sale of cooked food only on take away basis.

And then Nigeria wants to reopen full economy? The joke of the century.

1 Like

Re: 339 New COVID-19 Cases, 67 Discharged And 9 Deaths On May 21 - (1864 Tested) by olajizz01(m): 5:38am On May 22, 2020
andrewtosin:
Approximately 17.5% of the people tested so far came positive. This ain't cool
I think 17.5% was not much because according to them,they are testing those with symptoms.

It will be bad, had it been they are testing randomly on street and this percent came to be positive.

1 Like

Re: 339 New COVID-19 Cases, 67 Discharged And 9 Deaths On May 21 - (1864 Tested) by 247day: 5:42am On May 22, 2020
[s]
Area4Area:
What do you mean that Wike's action helped Anambra not to have high cases? Explain.

The proactive measures taken by Obiano while Wike was still sleeping should be termed what? You can praise your Wike but let him take care of the increasing cases in his state and you should stop attributing the success of Obiano to Wike.
[/s]
Re: 339 New COVID-19 Cases, 67 Discharged And 9 Deaths On May 21 - (1864 Tested) by Jack500: 6:12am On May 22, 2020
obataokenwa:
Let Lagos media keep deceiving you guys by thinking there is anything good abt that Lagos till reality set in the future. That state got no future and I fear ocean and pollution will override it tomorrow. Ponder abt where I'm driving at. Soon it won't be a safe place to stay. According to Research done in France...there is a projection that by 2050, Lagos won't exist again cos ocean will wipe it off...see the drainage system and the way of life plus the building in islands without proper demarcation from ocean and land in terms of slope etc

Lolz. U finally have to spill ur hatred and bigotry bias towards lagos state, we are talking about covid 19, u are talking of how ocean will wash off lagos.

Now, let me teach u, so u don't continue embarrassing ur daddy on the internet.
In term of future prospect, lagos is worth more than anything rivers state can amount to, u are talking of ocean washing off lagos, tell me how that is possible? Even countries that are completely surrounded by water have not been wash off, in ur shallowness u av forgotten that Rivers is also bound by water, so ocean will wash off lagos and now leave rivers. Loml.

Now, what should be ur concern is the oil that is damaging ur soil and water, the funny thing is the oil will become useless in the nearest future, Nigeria will go back to Agriculture, but I am sure ur state won't be able to go back, because it has been damaged already, so hunger will first off kill a large number of u, before that same lagos u are abusing will come to ur aid.

Where lagos is, presently, River state won't catch up in the next 20years.

let ur hatred choked u. Haters.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 339 New COVID-19 Cases, 67 Discharged And 9 Deaths On May 21 - (1864 Tested) by oyedepoadekunle: 6:20am On May 22, 2020
God will see us through.
Re: 339 New COVID-19 Cases, 67 Discharged And 9 Deaths On May 21 - (1864 Tested) by obataokenwa(m): 6:37am On May 22, 2020
Jack500:

Lolz. U finally have to spill ur hatred and bigotry bias towards lagos state, we are talking about covid 19, u are talking of how ocean will wash off lagos.

Now, let me teach u, so u don't continue embarrassing ur daddy on the internet.
In term of future prospect, lagos is worth more than anything rivers state can amount to, u are talking of ocean washing off lagos, tell me how that is possible? Even countries that are completely surrounded by water have not been wash off, in ur shallowness u av forgotten that Rivers is also bound by water, so ocean will wash off lagos and now leave rivers. Loml.

Now, what should be ur concern is the oil that is damaging ur soil and water, the funny thing is the oil will become useless in the nearest future, Nigeria will go back to Agriculture, but I am sure ur state won't be able to go back, because it has been damaged already, so hunger will first off kill a large number of u, before that same lagos u are abusing will come to ur aid.

Where lagos is, presently, River state won't catch up in the next 20years.

let ur hatred choked u. Haters.
Lagos Lagos...remove seaport or build functional seaport in Cross River, Akwa Ibom and maintain the Onne Port and watch Lagos forgotten...which southerner would want to deal with Lagos again? Seaport is Lagos and nothing more. Mind you, the functional business in the northern part is 60% southern businesses...I doubt they would want to import through Lagos..don't forget south has not been taped industry wise...it's coming up gradually starting from Anambra..Ebonyi...Akwa Ibom...those will make the seaport functional and Lagos will gradually phase out...next twenty years how would Lagos look like cos no land again.

No way Benue and Kogi plus Ebonyi won't provide enough food for us here even if oil mess up but the seaport here in the future will be the jackpot
Re: 339 New COVID-19 Cases, 67 Discharged And 9 Deaths On May 21 - (1864 Tested) by Farki: 6:44am On May 22, 2020
2gbasky22:
With over 3k confirmed cases already, LOGOS is the Liverpool of this league. Runaway league winners..

My thoughts and prayers are with the people and government of Lagos State

What is going on in EDO and OYO STATE?
seems they want to join the high flying league.

With the way this thing is going, Nigeria will get to TEN THOUSAND before the end of May.

This Egungun has entered private Jet oh

Go to Google earth and look at an aerial map of Benin city and Ibadan. Two massive and crowded cities, I'm actually not surprised at all.
Re: 339 New COVID-19 Cases, 67 Discharged And 9 Deaths On May 21 - (1864 Tested) by obataokenwa(m): 6:45am On May 22, 2020
Area4Area:
What do you mean that Wike's action helped Anambra not to have high cases? Explain.

The proactive measures taken by Obiano while Wike was still sleeping should be termed what? You can praise your Wike but let him take care of the increasing cases in his state and you should stop attributing the success of Obiano to Wike.
The states in the southern part except Benin and Yoruba states all do business together...PH got international airport...if not that Wike acted so fast by shutting down the airport and roads...Lagos would have messed here up. They all worked to make it good
Re: 339 New COVID-19 Cases, 67 Discharged And 9 Deaths On May 21 - (1864 Tested) by Coolcalmcollect(m): 6:50am On May 22, 2020
Focus9:
NCDC...
Take it easy you may mistakenly increase this figure more than the Nigeria population one day.
undecided undecided
you will catch it soon, sebi u say it's fake, you go see am.... you go soon begin cought amen
Re: 339 New COVID-19 Cases, 67 Discharged And 9 Deaths On May 21 - (1864 Tested) by Jack500: 6:50am On May 22, 2020
obataokenwa:
Lagos Lagos...remove seaport or build functional seaport in Cross River, Akwa Ibom and maintain the Onne Port and watch Lagos forgotten...which southerner would want to deal with Lagos again? Seaport is Lagos and nothing more. Mind you, the functional business in the northern part is 60% southern businesses...I doubt they would want to import through Lagos..don't forget south has not been taped industry wise...it's coming up gradually starting from Anambra..Ebonyi...Akwa Ibom...those will make the seaport functional and Lagos will gradually phase out...next twenty years how would Lagos look like cos no land again

Phase out ko, phase in ni. In the next 50 years those state u mention won't reach where lagos is presently, and what make lagos sea port different is the depth, even onne or whatever port u called it, doesn't av that, and sea port is not even it, becuase of the grid lock and road damage it is causing.

Av u heard about Atlantic city, that is the future, it is in lagos, take away the sea port, and Lagos will do just fine, even better and for ur information the seaport is own by the federal government and all the money from there go to the FG, so how is it really helping lagos state, u think those bogus IGR is from seaport, pls wise up and stop talking nonsense
Re: 339 New COVID-19 Cases, 67 Discharged And 9 Deaths On May 21 - (1864 Tested) by obataokenwa(m): 6:57am On May 22, 2020
Jack500:

Phase out ko, phase in ni. In the next 50 years those state u mention won't reach where lagos is presently, and what make lagos sea port different is the depth, even onne or whatever port u called it, doesn't av that, and sea port is not even it, becuase of the grid lock and road damage it is causing.

Av u heard about Atlantic city, that is the future, it is in lagos, take away the sea port, and Lagos will do just fine, even better and for ur information the seaport is own by the federal government and all the money from there go to the FG, so how is it really helping lagos state, u think those bogus IGR is from seaport, pls wise up and stop talking nonsense
U don't know the importance of seaport to a region then...saying Lagos sea depth is morethan that of Bayelsa, Rivers and Akwa Ibom is laughable. Hausa Yoruba knows if they dare allow functional seaport here, they're gone...
Re: 339 New COVID-19 Cases, 67 Discharged And 9 Deaths On May 21 - (1864 Tested) by Youngzero2(m): 7:02am On May 22, 2020
Pls

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photos Of This Cute Nigerian Gynaecologist Who Is Making Waves Online / COVID-19: Patients Getting Remdesivir Recovering Quickly, Discharged In Days / 18-year-old Nigerian Girl Dies 3 Weeks After Her Wedding [Photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.