Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,220 members, 7,825,834 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Positive Pandemic Impacts On This Ramadan - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Positive Pandemic Impacts On This Ramadan (218 Views)

Did You Go To Church Today Amidst The Coronavirus Pandemic? / HIV Positive Man Dies After He Stopped Taking His Drugs To Show Off His Faith / Feed A Soul This Ramadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Positive Pandemic Impacts On This Ramadan by BalogunIdowu(m): 8:20am On May 22, 2020
Fasting in the holy month of Ramadan is compulsory on all Muslim of age and not of the exception group. At the end of today, we are either preparing for the one more day to go or Eid celebration tomorrow by the grace of Allah.

As Allah had willed this year's Ramadan to come in this style under restrictions and lockdown caused by COVID19 pandemic cutting our access to our place of worship for our five daily prayers, jumah prayers just as we are missing another today, and itikaf (seclusion) for the last ten days of Ramadan. It also muted activities at the kabba, Mecca where yearly largest gathering of worshippers not seen anywhere else in the world are seen in the month of Ramadan for Umrah or in the month of Dhul Hijjah for Hajj.

For a Muslim, everything that happens to him is good. In prosperity, he gives thanks and in adversity he doesn't lose grasp of still appreciating His creator. As much as COVID19 as caused deaths still increasing, closure of several facilities, schools and institution, sports, religious centres amongst other, we'll still continue to glorify the supreme creator for He is not unaware nor taken by sleep with all these happenings.

We pray Allah helps us lift off this pandemic and perhaps use it to heighten of faith and sincerity towards him. Regardless of all these challenges posed by the pandemic on Muslims, it didn't serve as a deterrent for a smooth sailing and beneficial ramadan so far. I was able to highlight some important positives with the situation which are:

1. There are more Islamic lectures available this Ramadan that I have ever know utilising the social media. These media are available but as customs particularly around here, we are use to organising physical lectures just like it done in other places too. However there was paradigm shift this year people utilised the social media platforms to achieve this.

2. There was comfort for the lectuerers becaused they were saved from going from place, stuck in traffic, run late and other unnecessary troubles caused by somewhere like Lagos and still achieved and reach out to people. I remember a lectuerer on Zoom noting it was very easy for him to have five lectures intercontinental without stress. I personally believe this method has come stay even when pandemic is gone.

3. There was overflow of Islamic messages through videos, audios and Display pictures (DP). Intact DP is the most numerous that was being shared by different individuals, NGOs just earn Allah's pleasure and reward by benefitting people. I also run one Instagram page RamadanReminderLines, https://www.instagram.com/RamadanReminderLines.You can check our fantastic content. A brother created a group sharing lots of lectures and all the ones I listened to was basically from there. Imagine the loads of rewards!

4. Some people rarely spends much time at home during Ramadan especially the Islamic scholars and speakers, workers etcetera but this period created time for them to be with their family and encourage one another in spiritual growth.

5. Just like intention precedes action in Islam, hopefully Allah will still reward us the little we were able to do from home.

Below is a link to my YouTube video I did on Ramadan day 23 similar to this content. You can check out too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7nwa5yM1ss

Thank you.

indigenousGenius

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

The Lie / Seek The Lord / Video: Lagos Pastor Threatens Women With Hell Fire Over Dressing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.