Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,522,268 members, 5,768,150 topics. Date: Monday, 03 August 2020 at 10:47 PM

HTML5 A Programming Language Or Not - Programming (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / HTML5 A Programming Language Or Not (5021 Views)

Hi Guys! Created A Signup Form Using HTML5/CSS3. Source Code Available. / Free HTML5, CSS3 And Basic Javascript (jquery) Training / Is It Advisable To Learn Java As My First Programming Language? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HTML5 A Programming Language Or Not by Ausrichie(m): 12:37am On Jul 24
Tim1212:

Yeah... it is very easy to create..
With the knowledge of HTML5/CSS3, Javascript and C++
This is so not true bro. I can't believe you created an OS for a smartphone on top. It takes years to do that number one and you must learn assembly. Maybe you are talking of something else.
Re: HTML5 A Programming Language Or Not by Gordieshegz(m): 10:35am On Jul 24
Karlebolu:
Many of you just want to belong by force.

HTML, XML are markup languages.

CSS is a sheet styling language.

They are languages but not programming languages. You need to give a programming language a trial to know the real difference.

"Java, Javascript, C++, python etc are the programing languages. If anyone wishes to be called a programmer, let him try any of these. And not forcing programming language on HTML" . That is the position of many people.

But in actual sense, HTML and CSS can be called a programming language, though not computational ones.

1 Like

Re: HTML5 A Programming Language Or Not by Tim1212(m): 10:55am On Jul 24
Gordieshegz:

"Java, Javascript, C++, python etc are the programing languages. If anyone wishes to be called a programmer, let him try any of these. And not forcing programming language on HTML" . That is the position of many people.

But in actual sense, HTML and CSS can be called a programming language, though not computational ones.

I agree with you HTML5/CSS3 can be called programming language, but not computational though.

1 Like

Re: HTML5 A Programming Language Or Not by Tim1212(m): 11:00am On Jul 24
Ausrichie:

This is so not true bro. I can't believe you created an OS for a smartphone on top. It takes years to do that number one and you must learn assembly. Maybe you are talking of something else.

I have designed most software app for desktop and mobile with just HTML5/CSS3.
OS is not hard when you have deep knowledge of HTML5/CSS3, Javascript C++
Re: HTML5 A Programming Language Or Not by platymus: 12:50pm On Jul 24
Ausrichie:

Html might not be Turing complete (which is a quality of most programming languages) but it orders the computer around which is what a programming language is. A language used to instruct the computer, it tells the computer through the browser how to render a html page.
HTML is no doubt a computer language but not a programming language,however a markup language. Whatever qualifies html as a programming language automatically makes CSS a programming language.
I have asked the OP to implement a facade or factory pattern in html or write a simple algorithm that prints 1 through 5 in html. He claims he built mobile software in html and CSS alone(that is like saying you can walk to Mars from earth).I begin to wonder the kind of software company he works for.

1 Like

Re: HTML5 A Programming Language Or Not by Ausrichie(m): 12:52pm On Jul 24
platymus:

HTML is no doubt a computer language but not a programming language,however a markup language. Whatever qualifies html as a programming language automatically makes CSS a programming language.
I have asked the OP to implement a facade or factory pattern in html or write a simple algorithm that prints 1 through 5 in html. He claims he built mobile software in html and CSS alone(that is like saying you can walk to Mars from earth).I begin to wonder the kind of software company he works for.
There no different between computer language and programming languages. This actually a debate that has gone on for sometime if html is a programming language. Html is not Turing complete therefore you cant use it to do anything like a mobile design.
Re: HTML5 A Programming Language Or Not by platymus: 1:11pm On Jul 24
Ausrichie:

There no different between computer language and programming languages. This actually a debate that has gone on for sometime if html is a programming language. Html is not Turing complete therefore you cant use it to do anything like a mobile design.
one of the difference is the fact that programming languages constitute the logic of a computer program(html being a language the computer understand but cannot be used to write the logic of a program).
Re: HTML5 A Programming Language Or Not by Tim1212(m): 4:05pm On Jul 24
platymus:

one of the difference is the fact that programming languages constitute the logic of a computer program(html being a language the computer understand but cannot be used to write the logic of a program).

Who actually taught you that, one of the factòr of programming is sequence of instruction given to a computer to perform a task whether it has conditional structure or marking up content
Re: HTML5 A Programming Language Or Not by Tim1212(m): 2:34pm On Jul 29
diib Academy is supporting women who code, where women becomes developers
Let's support women in tech, cus is not easy for them.
#womenWhoCode #womenintech

Made with ❤ diib ��

Re: HTML5 A Programming Language Or Not by Tim1212(m): 12:51am On Jul 30
Updated diib app UI

Re: HTML5 A Programming Language Or Not by Tim1212(m): 7:57am On Aug 01
Source code available for the beautiful UI I made with #CSS3 #HTML5
No frameworks no tools but creativity.

Re: HTML5 A Programming Language Or Not by Tim1212(m): 7:58am On Aug 01
More

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

14 Year Old Call Of Duty Hacker Hired By Microsoft - Hacking Is Not Bad Right ? / Computer Science In University Of Lagos(unilag) ? / Dll Load Failure With Py2exe (python And Qt)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.