Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,275 members, 7,957,692 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:38 PM

FG Takes Airlifting Of Stranded Nigerians From Air Peace - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FG Takes Airlifting Of Stranded Nigerians From Air Peace (28325 Views)

First Batch Of Stranded Nigerians In Sudan Arrive Abuja (Video, Photos) / Video Of Stranded Nigerians, Africans At Ukraine/Poland Border / Xenophobia: Nigerians Hail Allen Onyema, Air Peace For Airlifting 187 Returnees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Takes Airlifting Of Stranded Nigerians From Air Peace by Nobody: 1:55pm On May 22, 2020
Tissaia:
Wow that's Awesome. Letting criminal and a scammer to help means you are justifying what he is accused of. Thanks Canada for opening FG eyes to see the grave mistake they are doing.
Don't mention me, it's my opinion and majority of sane people with common sense.
Yenefer, you switched to the other moniker cos you were banned this morning.

2 Likes

Re: FG Takes Airlifting Of Stranded Nigerians From Air Peace by Nobody: 1:55pm On May 22, 2020
When Nigerian businesses start to operate within international best practices, our companies will be well regarded internationally. Only Nigerians take Air Peace seriously mainly because it’s all we have.

I don’t blame the Canadians because if I were Canada, I would rather put my citizens on an Ethiopian airlines flight that has been in existence for decades with a good record than a cowboy operation floated by ex militants with no demonstrable record in aviation to launder ill gotten gains.

2 Likes

Re: FG Takes Airlifting Of Stranded Nigerians From Air Peace by salford1: 1:56pm On May 22, 2020
obailala:
If Nigeria had a serious government, they don't even need any technicalities to stop Ethiopian airlines on his one. A simple political solution should fix this; if Canada wouldn't permit a Nigerian airline (Air Peace) landing in Canada to pick up Nigerians, then Nigeria should not permit Canada's preferred airline (Ethiopian Air) landing rights in Nigeria to pick up Canadians. What's good for Greece is good for Uganda! If the Canadian authorities think Air Peace isn't 'safe' (or whatever nonsense their excuse is), then they should send in their technicians to come evaluate the aircraft themselves. Nonsense!
It's most likely to do with the fraud case. I believe there are still some funds (millions of dollars) belonging to AirPeace that was seized by the Canadian government on request from the USA. Has AirPeace abandoned the funds in the banks?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Takes Airlifting Of Stranded Nigerians From Air Peace by Nobody: 2:05pm On May 22, 2020
Re: FG Takes Airlifting Of Stranded Nigerians From Air Peace by obailala(m): 2:06pm On May 22, 2020
salford1:

It's most likely to do with the fraud case. I believe there are still some funds (millions of dollars) belonging to AirPeace that was seized by the Canadian government on request from the USA. Has AirPeace abandoned the funds in the banks?
Whatever issue they (Canada) they have with the man shouldn't be a reason for them to stop a commercial flight into their country. With a single signature from someone in authority, whatever personal case they have with the individual (Onyeama) can be overlooked to ensure stranded citizens are evacuated. By the way, the excuse they even cited was 'safety.'

Finally, it's all in the hands of the Nigerian government; a serious Nigerian government can easily arm-twist them to reconsider their arrogance.

1 Like

Re: FG Takes Airlifting Of Stranded Nigerians From Air Peace by Okiibe(m): 2:15pm On May 22, 2020
ijustdey:

https://www.independent.ng/fg-bows-to-france-takes-airlifting-of-stranded-nigeria-from-air-peace/

I can deduce that Canadian Embassy has 'interest' in Ethiopia Airline.

What I couldn't deduce is why they chose to refer to 'safety concerns' when it most likely a matter of interest.
And they had to push our Federal Government of Nigeria to the point of acceding to this?

Economic politics is a dirty politics.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: FG Takes Airlifting Of Stranded Nigerians From Air Peace by Solatium(m): 2:16pm On May 22, 2020
martineverest:
air peace isn't licenced to fly in canada

This is not a regular commercial flight, it's an evacuation flight of which any preferred airline could be use.
Always get your facts right before making comments
Re: FG Takes Airlifting Of Stranded Nigerians From Air Peace by lanrex101: 2:16pm On May 22, 2020
Wuuworld:
Air peace Amaka
Igbo bu Igbo mmamma nu!!!!!

Because it's not Adekunle and Musa owned, they have to conspire with Canadian government to cancel the agreement.
You are a Tribal bigot
Re: FG Takes Airlifting Of Stranded Nigerians From Air Peace by Okiibe(m): 2:21pm On May 22, 2020
isthatso:
When Nigerian businesses start to operate within international best practices, our companies will be well regarded internationally. Only Nigerians take Air Peace seriously mainly because it’s all we have.

I don’t blame the Canadians because if I were Canada, I would rather put my citizens on an Ethiopian airlines flight that has been in existence for decades with a good record than a cowboy operation floated by ex militants with no demonstrable record in aviation to launder ill gotten gains.

Take it easy.
Ethiopia Airlines has history of plane crash. Are you aware of that?
Are you also aware that Air Peace do not have history of plane crash or any similar incidents the should warrant any embersy talking of it as air security risk?

Do you join Canadian embersy to play economic politics against Nigeria?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Takes Airlifting Of Stranded Nigerians From Air Peace by Yenefer(f): 2:21pm On May 22, 2020
bamidelee:

Yenefer, you switched to the other moniker cos you were banned this morning.
what account
Re: FG Takes Airlifting Of Stranded Nigerians From Air Peace by Doyenro23(m): 2:24pm On May 22, 2020
I've been using the REACH app to master my finances. I think you'll also find it really helpful. Use my referral code - UYFTN9 - to sign up. See you in the app! https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.findreach.android&hl=en_US
Re: FG Takes Airlifting Of Stranded Nigerians From Air Peace by Nobody: 2:27pm On May 22, 2020
Okiibe:

Take it easy.
Ethiopia Airlines has history of plane crash. Are you aware of that?
Are you also aware that Air Peace do not have history of plane crash or any similar incidents the should warrant any embersy talking of it as air security risk?

Do you join Canadian embersy to play economic politics against Nigeria?

what does that have to do with anything? British Airways, Air Canada, Klm, Delta, American, Emirates, Lufthansa, United etc all have a history of crashes. Even Air peace has had a crash landing but did not suffer a hull loss or any deaths......Crashes happen! If you have a large enough fleet and/or are around long enough you will have a crash. That does not mean you are not a well run airline.

This is not economic politics, stop being sentimental. Ethiopian Airlines have been around for 70 years. Air Peace does not have such a pedigree!!! if you want to drive your children from Lagos to kano will you trust them in the hands of a driver who just collected his license over one who has been driving for over 20 years and knows the road?

There is nothing unusual for Canada going for Ethipian Airlines instead of Air Peace.Ethiopian Airlines is the largest Airline in Africa, it is the same size as the next 2 largest combined (Egypt Air and Royal AIr Maroc. It is 3 times bigger than South African Airlines and 6 times bigger than Air Peace. We have been humbled with all our "Giant of Africa" chest beating and nonsense. If we dont want to feel insulted, we should fix our shit!!!

2 Likes

Re: FG Takes Airlifting Of Stranded Nigerians From Air Peace by Nobody: 2:28pm On May 22, 2020
Yenefer:
what account
Which one are you using?
Re: FG Takes Airlifting Of Stranded Nigerians From Air Peace by PigTormentor: 2:30pm On May 22, 2020
Wiseandtrue:

Took my time to read the inconsistencies, gibberish oozing from the mouth of our president and you will want to gift Trump a trophy or calling him lifeless!

The write-up lacks substance, the type of jist that cannot even emanate from the beer parlor

What's Air Peace fault You admitted that they were the cheapest, They charged $1, 134 while Ethiopian Airlines charged $2, 500 for the same exercise.

What right have the Canadian to dictate to the Nigerian Government the airline to use to evacuate her citizens

If the Federal Government is taking over, with what
With the varnished Nigerian Air

So many inconsistencies with lack of solid plans, believe me that this might mark the end of this project!!!

I spit on this government!!!

Can they consistently ever get anything right

If you are patronizing the Ethiopian Airlines, how do we buy Nigeria to grow Nigeria

Some of you either lack common sense or just too gullible to understand basic explanation.

It is the right of the Canadian govt to determine who and who can fly into it's territory. Air Peace has never been granted any permission to fly into Canada whereas Ethiopia Airlines have been flying into Canada Airspace even before the Corona pandemic.
If the Canadian govt finally refused to change their thinking and finally said no to Air Peace for whatever reason, instead of brainwashed retards to blame the Canadian govt they will rather find some illogical and irrational motive to blame the Buhari.
At the end of the day, the Nigerian govt has good intention by engaging Air Peace but the final approval comes down to the Canadian govt.
Ethiopian Airline is already allowed to fly to Nigeria and Nigeria can also fly to Ethiopia, we have no such agreement with Canada.
You need to have an open air agreement with any govt before your airline can fly into their country. Canada could have made an exception on humanitarian ground, but that's up to them. The Nigerian govt cannot force them to do that. Canada wants to use Ethiopian Airline simply because they already have landing rights in both Canada and Nigeria even before Corona.

Some people need to buy or borrow some common sense.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG Takes Airlifting Of Stranded Nigerians From Air Peace by Tembro(m): 2:31pm On May 22, 2020
When are they evacuating those in west Africa countries?
Re: FG Takes Airlifting Of Stranded Nigerians From Air Peace by salford1: 2:33pm On May 22, 2020
obailala:
Whatever issue they (Canada) they have with the man shouldn't be a reason for them to stop a commercial flight into their country. With a single signature from someone in authority, whatever personal case they have with the individual (Onyeama) can be overlooked to ensure stranded citizens are evacuated. By the way, the excuse they even cited was 'safety.'

Finally, it's all in the hands of the Nigerian government; a serious Nigerian government can easily arm-twist them to reconsider their arrogance.
Safety concern is a blanket term that encompasses a lot of meaning.

Money laundering is a threat to global safety and security.

It's a simplistic way of reasoning to assume safety was only referring to air crash as assumed by many posters on this thread.

4 Likes

Re: FG Takes Airlifting Of Stranded Nigerians From Air Peace by MENELIIK: 2:34pm On May 22, 2020
Tembro:
When are they evacuating those in west Africa countries?

Those ones should trek home jor
Re: FG Takes Airlifting Of Stranded Nigerians From Air Peace by kingsley989(m): 2:49pm On May 22, 2020
Tissaia:
Wow that's Awesome. Letting criminal and a scammer to help means you are justifying what he is accused of. Thanks Canada for opening FG eyes to see the grave mistake they are doing.
Don't mention me, it's my opinion and majority of sane people with common sense.
Big Fool.
Re: FG Takes Airlifting Of Stranded Nigerians From Air Peace by Nobody: 2:56pm On May 22, 2020
Tissaia:
100...he should go to Canadian and American court to vacate the arrest warrant.
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/364889-air-peace-boss-onyema-wanted-in-canada-for-alleged-multimillion-dollar-fraud-in-u-s.html

1 Like

Re: FG Takes Airlifting Of Stranded Nigerians From Air Peace by Centcanada: 3:02pm On May 22, 2020
Audio president is working hard. Fooling 200milion Nigerians. I weep for the zoo
Re: FG Takes Airlifting Of Stranded Nigerians From Air Peace by Nobody: 3:04pm On May 22, 2020
rawtouch:
so they want us to believe that it's the canadians that are corruptly trying to fleece nigerians ok oooo
It has nothing to do with the federal government or Canadian government.
Re: FG Takes Airlifting Of Stranded Nigerians From Air Peace by YourbaAreSlaves: 3:05pm On May 22, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

100...he should go to Canadian and American court to vacate the arrest warrant.
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/364889-air-peace-boss-onyema-wanted-in-canada-for-alleged-multimillion-dollar-fraud-in-u-s.html

Let your bullion van hoodlum go and clear himself in USA first of all before pointing accusing finger on someone that is 10 times cleaner and decent than you.
http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/drug-crimes-apc-leader-bola-tinubu-still-suspect-u-s/

1 Share

Re: FG Takes Airlifting Of Stranded Nigerians From Air Peace by eyinjuege: 3:07pm On May 22, 2020
What safety concerns were raised regarding Air Peace?
They should fix whatever the safety concerns are for the sake of next time, so they can have the necessary authorisation to fly Canada

And I dont understand why this thread suddenly became a tribal thing, or the blame on the Nigerian government that Canada didnt issue a pass to Air Peace .
At least we all supported Nigeria when they dealt with a foreign airline supposed to be doing humanitarian flights but instead did a commercial one some days ago
Re: FG Takes Airlifting Of Stranded Nigerians From Air Peace by Nobody: 3:09pm On May 22, 2020
Macphenson:

Please what has Air Peace stolen from you before? Has he scammed you before? Please bring it up with proof?

It's unfortunate you keep insulting a man whom your ancestors and generations yet unborn can match his achievements.

But the sad thing is, "Whom God has blessed no man can curse".

No.matter what you and your.lots do , AIR PEACE will be soaring higher.

Just wait after the lock down, 13 planes are coming in to be added to his fleet, you will die of Sifia pain
\
The charges and arrest warrant are still outstanding.

1 Like

Re: FG Takes Airlifting Of Stranded Nigerians From Air Peace by Nobody: 3:12pm On May 22, 2020
RonaldoVido:
No be only safety concerns.

Was Airpeace not flying into United States before ?

Canada is playing the U.S. card because US has an issue with Airpeace.
Canada also issued an arrest warrant for his arrest.

1 Like

Re: FG Takes Airlifting Of Stranded Nigerians From Air Peace by Nobody: 3:15pm On May 22, 2020
salford1:

The total amount frozen by American and Canadian government was $14.2 million dollars. Which reasonable businessman that worked hard for his money will abandon $14.2 million dollars and not turn himself to the American authorities to recover the money he made 'legitimately'?

2 Likes

Re: FG Takes Airlifting Of Stranded Nigerians From Air Peace by Nobody: 3:26pm On May 22, 2020
YourbaAreSlaves:

Who is the ex militant? You are a pained Yoruba fool that will die of envy and go to hell and burn to ashes.
Ethiopian Airline started one day and they are by no means better that Airpeace cos I've flown Ethiopian Airline and I tell you their planes are not brand new and some Seats are bent and spoilt. It is only In Nigeria that they expect the Igbo man to be the Mr perfect before he is seen as credible but Tinubu the bonafide criminal has been looting Lagos to the extent of displaying bullion vans with raw cash on election day yet nothing has happened to him, it is rather a barrister Onyema that is using his God given wealth to help Nigerians that you fuckiing wicked Yoruba heart eaters will call names, and when Igbos say they want Biafra you wonder why and claim our fathers instilled hate for other tribes in us, but imagine the nonsense you are saying here which infact comes to your tribe naturally, how does it make me feel happy having an ugly Scarface baboon like you in the same country with me?? Nigeria must divide let's see how makes it on their own at last.

Most Nigerians are just sentimental and just make noise without anything to back up their foolishness. If you behave like an slowpoke, the world will treat you like one. This is not a tribal thing.

Most Airline send their worst planes to Nigeria because nobody respects Nigerians because of the way we conduct our affairs. if you get on a BA flight to London and then get on a BA flight from London elsewhere, you will tear your passport with shame, similar with the nonsense planes Delta send to Nigeria. Air Peace as at today does not have a single new plane in active service I challenge you to prove me wrong.

Further facts on Air peace:

The average age of an airpeace plane is 21 years, the average age of an Ethiopian Airlines plane is 6 years

The average age of an airpeace 737 is 23 years, their newest is 20 years old. Most of the Embraer and 737 in Airpeace fleet are over over 25 years old. The older a plane, the more maintenance is required and airplane maintenance costs are not cheap that is why they were retired in the 1st place...most of the planes in their fleet had exceeded either economic useful life in reputable Airlines. The problem with maintenance is that it is very expensive and Nigerians like to cut corners. That is why I told someone I will NEVER get on an Air peace plane.

The average age of the Air peace planes used for transatlantic flights (boeing 777) is 18 years old, they are mostly ex Emirates planes. they have 3nos 777 planes, 18 years, 15 years and 22years old. Ethiopian has 20 777s with an average age of 5.5 years

Ethipian Airlines' oldest 737 is newer than Air peace's newest 737.

Ethiopian Airlines has 21 active Boeing 787s average age 4.4 yrs, 14 A350s average age 2.2yrs which are the latest widebody composite body twin engine planes and Air peace has none still using old 777s condemned by Emirates Airlines.

Ethi

Try not to be a typical Nigerian talking and chest beating and do your research....so you dont come to a gun fight with a toy pistol and end up humiliated like Air Peace!!!

Next time, do some research before excreting from your mouth and stinking up the place!!
https://www.airfleets.net/ageflotte/Ethiopian%20Airlines.htm
https://www.airfleets.net/ageflotte/Air%20Peace.htm

4 Likes

Re: FG Takes Airlifting Of Stranded Nigerians From Air Peace by jaxxy(m): 3:30pm On May 22, 2020
Wuuworld:
Air peace Amaka
Igbo bu Igbo mmamma nu!!!!!

Because it's not Adekunle and Musa owned, they have to conspire with Canadian government to cancel the agreement.

For ur mind everything is tribal or maybe ure just looking for likes.
Re: FG Takes Airlifting Of Stranded Nigerians From Air Peace by salford1: 3:37pm On May 22, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

The total amount frozen by American and Canadian government was $14.2 million dollars. Which reasonable businessman that worked hard for his money will abandon $14.2 million dollars and not turn himself to the American authorities to recover the money he made 'legitimately'?
My point exactly.

1 Like

Re: FG Takes Airlifting Of Stranded Nigerians From Air Peace by Nobody: 3:37pm On May 22, 2020
YourbaAreSlaves:

Let your bullion van hoodlum go and clear himself in USA first of all before pointing accusing finger on someone that is 10 times cleaner and decent than you.
http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/drug-crimes-apc-leader-bola-tinubu-still-suspect-u-s/
Your too old to bring tribe into this-grow up!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bus Driver Fights With LASTMA Officials After Passing One Way In Sabo, Ikorodu / Why Applicants Are Denied US Visas – Consul-general / BREAKING: Accident At Aseese Ibadan Express Way (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.