Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,460 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:01 AM

FG Takes Airlifting Of Stranded Nigerians From Air Peace - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FG Takes Airlifting Of Stranded Nigerians From Air Peace (28087 Views)

First Batch Of Stranded Nigerians In Sudan Arrive Abuja (Video, Photos) / Video Of Stranded Nigerians, Africans At Ukraine/Poland Border / Xenophobia: Nigerians Hail Allen Onyema, Air Peace For Airlifting 187 Returnees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Takes Airlifting Of Stranded Nigerians From Air Peace by Nobody: 2:34am On May 23, 2020
ote author=abnot post=89842901]This is one thing I find interesting. I have friends from other African countries that are less economically well off than Nigeria
and they always heap praises on their countries saying good things about it (Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania. Ghana and Mozambique).
In 2018 I met some ethiopian cabin crew members at eko hotel and they told me much about ethiopia. I told them I had only passed
through the bole airport but never been to the city. Over time, something took me to some of these countries and you
could tell that nigerian cities (abuja and lagos) are more economically and socially advanced than these cities.
The point I'm trying to make here is that these people are much more patriotic irrespective of the shortcomings of
their countries. Back to nigeria, as a people we are so full of hate and always trying to bring down each other.
Ethiopians are so patriotic that if you visit addis ababa and try to rent a house they'd charge you a foreigner more. The
housing agents will hardly ever compromise on this. They'll never allow a foreigner establish a business without an
ethiopian owning at least 50% shares in the business. An ethiopian will hardly ever fly any other airline aside from their
national airline. Last time I travelled to addis from nairobi on kenya airways, the flight was at 11:00pm and I tried to get an afternoon
flight but the agency told me ethipians won't grant non-ethipian carriers daytime slots just easily.
On another occasion I was planning a safari trip and was trying to decide whether to go the masai mara in kenya or seregeti in
Tanzania . I reached out to two people I knew in Tanzania and they both told me to do it in Arusha (Tanzania) giving me
reasons and telling me how its crowded in masai and more expensive in kenya. I reached out to a former classmate who is
from kenya and she told me to do in kenya and how the nairobi national park in part of the city and told me about other
aspects of the city I could explore.
Here we are with the liquidation of nigerian airways in 2003, no airline has gotten it right. Nigerians are now even
turning themselves to marketing and gloryfying these foreign airlines that even place their worst equipments on the
nigerian routes. Are we still enslaved ? I've always believed that cost of travelling the Nigerian routes are over priced by these western carriers but here we are glorifying them and bringing down the investment an individual is trying to build.[/quote]
But since Nigeria can't negotiate how they live and governed, you can't call it a country. So no patriotism.
Re: FG Takes Airlifting Of Stranded Nigerians From Air Peace by Nobody: 2:35am On May 23, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

I am Yoruba and so what! Why do you have to bring tribe into it.

Allen Onyema made his money from Amnesty contracts awarded to him by Kingley Kuku.Amnesty annual budget was close to N100 billion annually.

How Adenuga take make him own?
Re: FG Takes Airlifting Of Stranded Nigerians From Air Peace by Nobody: 2:36am On May 23, 2020
listowell:

How Adenuga take make him own?
IBB dash am oil block.
Re: FG Takes Airlifting Of Stranded Nigerians From Air Peace by Nobody: 2:46am On May 23, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

IBB dash am oil block.
Legitimate? The problem is you see the faults of Igbos only and Yorubas' none.

You play politics with Hausa people, then you run to US and Canada.

IBB get oil to dash anybody? Now u want to talk about corruption against air peace man.
Re: FG Takes Airlifting Of Stranded Nigerians From Air Peace by izibili44: 3:48am On May 23, 2020
Are you alright at all.
Wuuworld:
Air peace Amaka
Igbo bu Igbo mmamma nu!!!!!

Because it's not Adekunle and Musa owned, they have to conspire with Canadian government to cancel the agreement.
Re: FG Takes Airlifting Of Stranded Nigerians From Air Peace by ScamKiller(m): 12:35pm On May 23, 2020
"The government in the letter agreed that Air Peace airfare was the most convenient and cost effective of all the airlines contacted for the airlift of Nigerians back to the country, but the concern of Canadian Government compelled it to cancel the agreement with the airline.

The letter read in part: “The mission therefore engaged a number of airlines and eventually came up with an arrangement and pricing structure with Air Peace, which no other airline was able to match. You will recall that in our Public Notice of 12th May, 2020, the High Commission announced that the Canadian government had expressed reservations concerning the granting of the necessary clearance/landing permit to Air Peace to fly into Canada, due to safety concerns.”

Kindly be informed that after protracted engagement, the Canadian Government, has unfortunately reverted with what appears to be a final refusal. As a result, the Air Peace Limited arrangement is hereby cancelled"

Nigeria has become the kickball that other nations kick around at will and shyt on derisively. What a shame! What tragedy!! In the days of Nigeria's strongmen military dictators General Idiagbon and, later General Abacha, no nation dared try this shid with Nigeria.
This present crop of spineless, confused and sissy pussy weak Nigerian political class make one yearn for the heady days when Nigerian military strongmen stood up and stared down world powers (including the UK during the Dikko abduction, and Abacha who stood ramrod stiff, unyielding, unbending and undaunted to defy the Western powers put together).
The glory days of Nigeria peaked during (and died with) the days of her military hero strongmen.....Gideon Orkar, Murtala Muhammed, Kaduna Nzeogwu, Victor Banjo, Odumegwu Ojukwu, Babatunde Idiagbon, Sani Abacha, Joe Garba, Rufus Kupolati, Adekunle Fajuyi, etc, etc.....
Maaan, I sure hurt for Nigeria, a world giant brought weakly to its knees by the corrupt, overfed, overbloated, spineless and visionless political-military class (of the last two decades) who ain't nun but simpletons, imbeciles and animals.
Re: FG Takes Airlifting Of Stranded Nigerians From Air Peace by Wiseandtrue(f): 12:49pm On May 23, 2020
Dewze:

I believe Canada has the right to determine the kind of aircraft they want and do not want in their airspace.
Like they did to the Boeings abi

Let's stop deceiving ourselves!!!
Re: FG Takes Airlifting Of Stranded Nigerians From Air Peace by richeeyo(m): 9:40am On May 26, 2020
[quote author=afube post=89841406][/quote] Guy please stay from me with your tribalism. Don't you people ever think
Re: FG Takes Airlifting Of Stranded Nigerians From Air Peace by lighternote: 12:32am On Jun 13, 2020
planetx:
Speak for yourself, not all Nigerians are trying to relocate to that ice box with 9 to 10 months of winter and snow.

Calm down. You should know sarcastic question grin
Re: FG Takes Airlifting Of Stranded Nigerians From Air Peace by lighternote: 12:33am On Jun 13, 2020
From experience, I understand.
salford1:

If you have a business going well for you in naija, would you prefer to stay back in Canada and be spending unnecessarily on hotels/meals/calls etc ?

Re: FG Takes Airlifting Of Stranded Nigerians From Air Peace by lighternote: 12:35am On Jun 13, 2020
martineverest:
u haven't been there ,u don't know that they are experiencing..... average house rent is about 300k per month..... with bills and feeding will be close to 1 million naira
Calm down. You don't know where I live and you should be smart enough to sense sarcasm even with emojis to help. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FRSC Releases Statement On Otedola Explosion, Reveal New Route Motorist Must Tak / Work Resumes At Agege Pen Cinema Bridge - Photos / A Question For Nigerians Living In Diaspora

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.