Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,774 members, 7,817,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

Oats With Peanut Porridge - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Oats With Peanut Porridge (275 Views)

The Yam Porridge I Made With Just 2400. Very Delicious. Photos / Ever tried roasting Suya with Peanut Butter? / Nigerian Yam Porridge Without Palm Oil: How Make Yam Porridge In Tomato Sauce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Oats With Peanut Porridge by K254725: 5:47am On May 23, 2020
Oats are a new thing in my diet. I started cooking it after looking at the nutritional content online. Rich in alot of micro nutrients. If you can't access African sorghum and millet in the city this is definitely worth a try.

Ingredients:
I cup oats
4 cups water
1 cup powdered peanut
3 tablespoons sugar
A pinch(or two) of salt

(Turn your roasted peanuts into powder by putting them in your blender and if your blender has a button labelled "pulse", it will give the best result. I sifted mine afterwards to remove chunks of peanut that had not been blended)

Method�

1. Bring the water to a boil
2. Add the oats, let it boil for around 15 minutes. Stir continuously when it starts sticking to the pot
3. Add peanut powder...
4. Add salt to taste and sugar.
5. Boil and stir continually for at least 10 minutes as the peanut further thickens the porridge

Serve when ready

(1) (Reply)

Dealers In Thailand Fish.... Get Thailand Fish At A Very Cheap Rate... / Hunger Looms As Delayed Rains Deal Hammer Blow On Farmers / Crown Rice Free Of Stone + Delivery @ 25k Payment On Delivery..call: 08054835400

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.