Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,581 members, 7,837,190 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

Can Igbos Ever Be United? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Igbos Ever Be United? (5868 Views)

Can Igbos Ever Support Buhari's Government? / Can Igbos Survive The Murky Waters Of Nigerian Politics? / Can Igbos Govern Their Own Nation-state? - Voting In Progress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Igbos Ever Be United? by ekubear1: 4:20am On Jan 20, 2011
M I is a beast. Nice song grin
Re: Can Igbos Ever Be United? by excanny: 6:16am On Jan 20, 2011
It seems the Igbos appear to be the easier group to bash in Nigeria, and the gang-up party usually have a good time doing this. Why dont you guys also worry about the many problems in your regions?
Re: Can Igbos Ever Be United? by namfav(m): 6:38am On Jan 20, 2011
igbos are the only people who have an excuse for crime and ignorance, if an igbo stole your bike he will find an excuse why he stole it and he will blame you for having your bike stolen by him

how can you live in such an society? igbo stop acting like animals, this land is not your zoo
Re: Can Igbos Ever Be United? by Nobody: 6:46am On Jan 20, 2011
namfav:

igbos are the only people who have an excuse for crime and ignorance, if an igbo stole your bike he will find an excuse why he stole it and he will blame you for having your bike stolen by him

how can you live in such an society? igbo stop acting like animals, this land is not your zoo
where is the ''like'' button ? grin grin grin
Re: Can Igbos Ever Be United? by KaluAkanu: 6:47am On Jan 20, 2011
namfav:

igbos are the only people who have an excuse for crime and ignorance, if an igbo stole your bike he will find an excuse why he stole it and he will blame you for having your bike stolen  by him

The only animals I see is your people trying to kill innocent people in the name of religion. How barbaric can a people be? Attacking innocent Christians, because of a Danish cartoon. What kind of sense does that make?

Your people need a lot of education. You don't see Igbos getting riled up and killing people for no reason. The only people I see doing that is you crazy Northerners.

I wish you all had your separate nation, so we can all see your nation be like Chad or Niger. Just a desert wasteland, which breed Muslim radicals. That is Northern Nigeria. Soon Northern Nigeria will look like Afghanistan if Boko Haram continues their nonsense.
Re: Can Igbos Ever Be United? by silami(m): 9:05am On Jan 20, 2011
@miss cork or whatever you call your name. I understand that when your mother was in the business of prostitution God worked out miracle for you to be born b4 she got infected by the popular thing. Now that you are managed to be raised by philanthropist, you don't know how precious are fathers and mothers are to their children thats why at every slightest opportunity you insult them. Now i will not insult your mother because she had enough of life already as for father, you don't know who fathered you for sure either the short term customer or overnight we don't know so lets keep that aside.

I know Igbos very well because i schooled in the East UNN to be precise and when you are talking of backwardness go to Ebonyi you will see it. I went for night vigil in the church we were surrounded by armed robbers. in another instance the whole city of Abakaliki was held to ransom by these armed robbers they were going from bank to on Sam Egwu formally Ogoja Road. In Ishieke Campus where my girlfriend was and i used to visit her every weekend killings were rampants and you're talking killings in the north. I don't for once subscribe to the killing of human beings no matter what happened. In 2008 Ezza and Ezilo people clashed which  has claimed more than 600 lives with property worth more than N1 billion destroyed are these abokis NO of course they are Igbos. But what continue to amaze is the way you igbos think  that killing is only in the north and therefore all northerners are killers, dumbs, ignorants and illiterate and i know i have seen the worst illiterates in the east during my stay there as a student and please if people are talking of intelligence don't even think of igbos being the best because like in every other tribe there are brights and dullards igbos.

I brought this topic, i went to service my car and there was an Igbo guy there and was asking the same question i asked and he said so many bad stuff about Igbos , which i don't intend to pass those info here i my fiance who is an Igbo and she could not provide an answer. Its surprising to see how unintelligent igbos are full on this from instead of addressing the issue raised, you are busy insulting people thats further reveals how insensitive you guys are. there is no day on this forum that Northerners will not be either ridicule or insulted and many of them start insulting people here. I STILL ASK CAN IGBOS EVER BE UNITED?
Re: Can Igbos Ever Be United? by Abagworo(m): 9:42am On Jan 20, 2011
The difference between Igbos and other Nigerians is the cause of envy and misunderstanding.Northerners who come to Port-Harcourt as shoe shiners will continue to shine shoe until they leave Port-Harcourt.South-westerners who come to Port-Harcourt as drivers continue as drivers until they leave PH.Igbos who come to any other part of Nigeria as laborers end up buying landed properties and even employing the natives.I don't think they do better than others but the truth is that they invest in their host community while the Northerners and South-westerners take their earnings home.
Re: Can Igbos Ever Be United? by excanny: 9:52am On Jan 20, 2011
I'll urge my Igbo brothers to ignore this thread. I see no reason why this thread should have been dragged to 5 pages. Ofcourse, the poster is here to bash Igbos, and tell them how he forks a prostitu-te in Ebonyi. Silence is the best reply to a FO-OL
Re: Can Igbos Ever Be United? by guycraze: 9:55am On Jan 20, 2011
;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: Can Igbos Ever Be United? by oludashmi(f): 11:48am On Jan 20, 2011
excanny:

I'll urge my Igbo brothers to ignore this thread. I see no reason why this thread should have been dragged to 5 pages. Ofcourse, the poster is here to bash Igbos, and tell them how he forks a prostitu-te in Ebonyi. Silence is the best reply to a FO-OL

You were not silent either, maybe it wouldnt have dragged for too long.
Re: Can Igbos Ever Be United? by namfav(m): 11:49am On Jan 20, 2011
igbos make the most nooise, guess who's talking about silence
Re: Can Igbos Ever Be United? by udezue(m): 4:50pm On Jan 20, 2011
Kalu Akanu:

[flash=450,450]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhD8ka69IM8?fs=1&hl=en_US[/flash]

Where North meets East. Nice song Udezue!

What a nice combination of Hiphop and Tradition African Igbo beat and language?

I dont usually dig Naija rappers except ppl like Nigga raw but this guy MI impressed me. He is on FIRE!!!!! Flavor also made the song super hot.
Re: Can Igbos Ever Be United? by udezue(m): 5:06pm On Jan 20, 2011
BTW!!!

How do you upload videos like that? I am about to flood this thread with some more. grin
Re: Can Igbos Ever Be United? by Donmeca(m): 6:27pm On Jan 20, 2011
This makes an interesting reading but all i will say is that both Igbos and Igbo-haters have made their points. My reply to all is contained in MI's track "Nobody" from his MI2 album. . .get it, listen, enjoy, learn and be wiser. I just cudnt upload it now but will try sha.
Re: Can Igbos Ever Be United? by Donmeca(m): 6:41pm On Jan 20, 2011
ok, may be i shud just hand u the link to d song on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEMVFEVUElg enjoy.
Re: Can Igbos Ever Be United? by Donmeca(m): 6:56pm On Jan 20, 2011
namfav:

~Bluetooth:

where is the ''like'' button ? grin grin grin

So how is it the igbo's fault that u can't prove ur bike was stolen (by him)? U shud go and study simple logic instead of spending ur entire life in d desert with ur cattle. that's y we have schools, even for almajiris.

Bluetooth has found his kind of person/reasoning grin grin grin
Re: Can Igbos Ever Be United? by udezue(m): 9:32pm On Jan 20, 2011
Ewoooo

ngwa 'anyi tewu n'egwu

ewgu anyi ji enwe anuli
egwu anyi ji ata ivfe grin
Re: Can Igbos Ever Be United? by KaluAkanu: 10:51pm On Jan 20, 2011
Donmeca:

ok, may be i shud just hand u the link to d song on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEMVFEVUElg enjoy.

And yes I did enjoy.  grin

[flash=450,450]http://www.youtube.com/embed/fEMVFEVUElg[/flash]

Time for everyone to enjoy this song.
Re: Can Igbos Ever Be United? by Dede1(m): 11:22pm On Jan 20, 2011
silami:

@miss cork or whatever you call your name. I understand that when your mother was in the business of prostitution God worked out miracle for you to be born b4 she got infected by the popular thing. Now that you are managed to be raised by philanthropist, you don't know how precious are fathers and mothers are to their children thats why at every slightest opportunity you insult them. Now i will not insult your mother because she had enough of life already as for father, you don't know who fathered you for sure either the short term customer or overnight we don't know so lets keep that aside.

I know Igbos very well because i schooled in the East UNN to be precise and when you are talking of backwardness go to Ebonyi you will see it. I went for night vigil in the church we were surrounded by armed robbers. in another instance the whole city of Abakaliki was held to ransom by these armed robbers they were going from bank to on Sam Egwu formally Ogoja Road. In Ishieke Campus where my girlfriend was and i used to visit her every weekend killings were rampants and you're talking killings in the north. I don't for once subscribe to the killing of human beings no matter what happened. In 2008 Ezza and Ezilo people clashed which has claimed more than 600 lives with property worth more than N1 billion destroyed are these abokis NO of course they are Igbos. But what continue to amaze is the way you igbos think that killing is only in the north and therefore all northerners are killers, dumbs, ignorants and illiterate and i know i have seen the worst illiterates in the east during my stay there as a student and please if people are talking of intelligence don't even think of igbos being the best because like in every other tribe there are brights and dullards igbos.

I brought this topic, i went to service my car and there was an Igbo guy there and was asking the same question i asked and he said so many bad stuff about Igbos , which i don't intend to pass those info here i my fiance who is an Igbo and she could not provide an answer. Its surprising to see how unintelligent igbos are full on this from instead of addressing the issue raised, you are busy insulting people thats further reveals how insensitive you guys are. there is no day on this forum that Northerners will not be either ridicule or insulted and many of them start insulting people here. I STILL ASK CAN IGBOS EVER BE UNITED?

This incoherent piece of crap did not address the issue which you raised. By the way, are Ndigbo disunited? If so pal, can you please elaborate in a concise prose? Believe you me; you deserved to be insulted based on this drivel you posted. You alleged that Igbo on this forum are the exclusive bunch that hauls abuses to the northerners. May ask how you arrived to such repercussive exigency since contributors do not the flash their ethnic identity when they post.

If you have issues with the Ndigbo, I suggest you step onto the plate and bring it because Ndigbo are capable of taking constructive criticism and detest this illogical jargon you posted.

Of course there is cross section of not-too-smart individuals in any given ethnic group. Having said this, Ndigbo had nothing to prove to anybody in Nigeria but only ask to be given the same opportunity to compete or be granted the same level playing ground as given to everybody. Since the inception of the cesspit called Nigeria, have you ever heard about Ndigbo rampaging in Igboland thereby destroying properties or business of their fellow country men because of secular differences? You cited Ezza and Ezilo crisis as an example in your regrettable crap. I guess you were stark blinded to uncountable land and territorial disputes that occurred all over the communities in Nigeria.

I have traveled to almost all party of the colonial contraption called Nigeria and what I observed shall remain with me. Since you are self-acclaimed expert on Igbo Unity or lack thereof, can you educate us on the instances of disunity among Ndigbo?

By the way, your handle name did not indicate your ethnicity.
Re: Can Igbos Ever Be United? by silami(m): 1:30am On Jan 21, 2011
Dede1:

This incoherent piece of crap did not address the issue which you raised. By the way, are Ndigbo disunited? If so pal, can you please elaborate in a concise prose? Believe you me; you deserved to be insulted based on this drivel you posted. You alleged that Igbo on this forum are the exclusive bunch that hauls abuses to the northerner[/b]s. May ask how you arrived to such repercussive exigency since contributors do not the flash their ethnic identity when they post.

I[b]f you have issues with the Ndigbo, I suggest you step onto the plate and bring it because Ndigbo are capable of taking constructive criticism and detest this illogical jargon you posted

Of course there is cross section of not-too-smart individuals in any given ethnic group. Having said this, [b]Ndigbo had nothing to prove to anybody in Nigeria but only ask to be given the same opportunity to compete or be granted the same level playing ground as given to everybod[/b]y. Since the inception of the cesspit called Nigeria, have you ever heard about Ndigbo rampaging in Igboland thereby destroying properties or business of their fellow country men because of secular differences? You cited Ezza and Ezilo crisis as an example in your regrettable crap. I guess you were stark blinded to uncountable land and territorial disputes that occurred all over the communities in Nigeria.

I have traveled to almost all party of the colonial contraption called Nigeria and what I observed shall remain with me. Since you are self-acclaimed expert on Igbo Unity or lack thereof, can you educate us on the instances of disunity among Ndigbo?

By the way, your handle name did not indicate your ethnicity.

I argue with the stationary, not to be confused with Stationery. I mean the anchored, immobile & unmoving with an unintelligent mind
Anchored, immobile & unmoving in a literal & metaphorical sense.

I suppose you can be viewed as Stationery of a kind I that arguing with them because I am, like one can be seen as, an idiot attempting to apply emotional sense to an impassive world. So i suggest when dealing with whatever daily frustration you have, most dumb people like you greatest & most ubiquitous tool since the hurled rock has cast their way, have found themselves starting to resort to using threats.
And for for you to come here and begin unintelligently putting down your high school theories of logic confirms how really slowpoke you have been in addressing issues that affect your egos and went further to show your inability to understand simple english. Did i raise the issues so that i can address them myself or so that people that understand the issues, not self acclaimed intelligent ethnic bigots like you can atleast constructively address them.

if asking questions, i deserve to be insulted as reiterated in rubbish above i wonder where your claimed tolerance go? Did you really read my original post? did you see the word politically there? so why is your primitive brain not able to give meaning or understand the post?

I am busy at work now i will post the rest later when i get home. mumu
Re: Can Igbos Ever Be United? by asha2: 1:38am On Jan 21, 2011
silami:

I went for night vigil in the church we were surrounded by armed robbers. in another instance the whole city of Abakaliki was held to ransom by these armed robbers they were going from bank to on Sam Egwu formally Ogoja Road. In Ishieke Campus where my girlfriend was and i used to visit her every weekend killings were rampants and you're talking killings in the north. I don't for once subscribe to the killing of human beings no matter what happened. In 2008 Ezza and Ezilo people clashed which  has claimed more than 600 lives with property worth more than N1 billion destroyed are these abokis NO of course they are Igbos. But what continue to amaze is the way you igbos think  that killing is only in the north and therefore all northerners are killers, dumbs, ignorants and i[b]
I know Igbos very well because i schooled in the East UNN to be precise and when you are talking of backwardness go to Ebonyi you will see it.[/b]lliterate and i know i have seen the worst illiterates in the east during my stay there as a student and please if people are talking of intelligence don't even think of igbos being the best because like in every other tribe there are brights and dullards igbos.

first and foremest what has supposed backwardness of ebonyi have to do with the unity of igbos?

secondly i have met a hausa guy that stayed near my family in owerri that said that he will never stay in the ama hausa in owerri(if you went to unn then you should know what ama means) because he felt his people are backwards in their thinking.is it now right for me to say say hausas are not united?

by the way when you say united is it based on what really?unity to do what exactly?

as for illiteracy it is a well known fact that the illiteracy level in the core northern nigeria is like a cancer that comparing what you supposedly saw in ebonyi is just child's play to the plague you guys have up in the core north.
Re: Can Igbos Ever Be United? by aljharem(m): 2:05am On Jan 21, 2011
asha 2:

first and foremest what has supposed backwardness of ebonyi have to do with the unity of igbos?

secondly i have met a hausa guy that stayed near my family in owerri that said that he will never stay in the ama hausa in owerri(if you went to unn then you should know what ama means) because he felt his people are backwards in their thinking.is it now right for me to say say hausas are not united?

by the way when you say united is it based on what really?unity to do what exactly?

as for illiteracy it is a well known fact that the illiteracy level in the core northern nigeria is like a cancer that comparing what you supposedly saw in ebonyi is just child's play to the plague you guys have up in the core north.

what!!!!!! shocked angry angry angry

were did u get that from

are you sure he is hausa or even a northerner

if yes

then he is an ideeiot just like other southerners(be it yoruba or igbo) angry angry
Re: Can Igbos Ever Be United? by Abagworo(m): 2:11am On Jan 21, 2011
Igbos can never be a single block because we have always been loose.In terms of centralized system,we are different from Yorubas,Benin or Hausa but similar with Ijaw and Ibibio.
Re: Can Igbos Ever Be United? by mmadinobi: 1:55pm On Jan 21, 2011
alj harem:

what!!!!!! shocked angry angry angry

were did u get that from

are you sure he is hausa or even a northerner

if yes

then he is an ideeiot just like other southerners(be it yoruba or igbo) angry angry

mr man i have been reading your posts in this nl since you came, but i can't relate in what you are posting. you need to change your mentality for Christ sake, this is 2011 not 1911.
Re: Can Igbos Ever Be United? by Dede1(m): 2:51pm On Jan 21, 2011
silami:

I argue with the stationary, not to be confused with Stationery. I mean the anchored, immobile & unmoving with an unintelligent mind
Anchored, immobile & unmoving in a literal & metaphorical sense.

I suppose you can be viewed as Stationery of a kind I that arguing with them because I am, like one can be seen as, an attempting to apply emotional sense to an impassive world. So i suggest when dealing with whatever daily frustration you have, most dumb people like you greatest & most ubiquitous tool since the hurled rock has cast their way, have found themselves starting to resort to using threats.
And for for you to come here and begin unintelligently putting down your high school theories of logic confirms how really not-so-smart person you have been in addressing issues that affect your egos and went further to show your inability to understand simple english. Did i raise the issues so that i can address them myself or so that people that understand the issues, not self acclaimed intelligent ethnic bigots like you can atleast constructively address them.

if asking questions, i deserve to be insulted as reiterated in rubbish above i wonder where your claimed tolerance go? Did you really read my original post? did you see the word politically there? so why is your primitive brain not able to give meaning or understand the post?

I am busy at work now i will post the rest later when i get home. mumu

I usually do not cross words with sycophants or individuals of regrettable intellect such as you. I am not surprised about your incoherent response because it is laden with insults. But let me remind you that nobody holds monopoly to act of insults.

I guess your actions are very deceitful, disingenuous and outright display of ignorance. You tried to delve into a socio-political area you knew nothing about by throwing incomprehensible question about Igbo unity or lack thereof. If mere political disagreements by insane operatives in a cesspit called Nigeria informed your lunatic opinion about Igbo Unity, it is very human to allow you to continue to wallow in political stupor.

Let us apply a little sense of academia to your lead question of “Can Igbos Ever Be United”? A second grader would discern the poser of this question had previous knowledge of futile attempts to get Ndigbo united. The obligation to proof your intellectual pedigree as you would want us to believe rests on you by rephrasing the question.

You injected the idea of literal and metaphorical bent to this discuss. I shall honestly posit you lacked the inert ability to engage in both exigencies. If you were a novice seeking answers to the unity of Ndigbo or lack thereof, you would have parked you dilapidated self into a cooler while other people proffer solutions. However, the ulterior motive to subject Ndigbo to socio-political scandal spurred your idiocy to append a drivel laden with illogical emptiness as the rejoinder to a silly question worthy not to be asked.

In fact, inquiring from you on how you informed the opinion that insults hauled on this forum is done exclusively by Igbo is akin to putting a question to a goat. Did I read from your gibberish post that your fiancé is Igbo? I thought a goat begets a goat. 

Believe me, you are qualified to be mercilessly insulted for asking silly question and needed to be robotically flogged for the display of delusional idiocy in the public. Olodo!!!
Re: Can Igbos Ever Be United? by aljharem(m): 3:12pm On Jan 21, 2011
mmadinobi:

mr man i have been reading your posts in this nl since you came, but i can't relate in what you are posting. you need to change your mentality for Christ sake, this is 2011 not 1911.

i think you need so smart pills before for post to me.
Re: Can Igbos Ever Be United? by Barkono: 3:43pm On Jan 21, 2011
Quote from @ udezue:
I am not surprised this freak Alj harem will show up to make silly comments. Carry your gworo eating almajiri self and discuss issues concerning Kanuri and other useless muslim groups in your domain. As "united" as you are you have remained the most backward good-for-nothing heap of cow dung in Nigeria and Africa

LMFAO. U bungled up you know. What has almajiri, goro, cow and backwardness got to do with this? A simple question was asked by @silami, and it was turned to mudslinging. Kai, too bad.
I am of the opinion that honestly, the Igbos are nothing but a bunch of money baggers. Imagine an opportunity thrown  to them for redemption, and possible  take- over of  leadership of this country by 2015, at most, or worst case scenerio, 2019, but they blew it away. Am saying this in the perspective of pdp.   I see the average Igbo man as an "ego" man. Give him warreva, he will still let you down, as long as there is no naira sign on it. We have seen how they let Alex Ekwueme down, in the 1998 convention. How they let okadigbo down in 2003, how they fell Rochas Okorocha's hand in 2006. The in-fighting for senate leadership(banana peel), and pdp chairmanship post. Instead of going the "progressives" way, like sw in 1999,2007, culminating to ac n victories in taking over affairs in sw. Kano, Bauchi, zamfara and yobe prior to betrayals by some of the govs, in 2008 - 09.
The only way the Igbos can redeem themselves and possess their possession, is to join the progressives, and forget this fell house of cards, pdp.
Name callings, will not help your course, it will only compound it. The last time I checked the movement of cows to southern nigeria, apart from lagos and some part of sw has the highest consumption rate. Even the okija gods, have forsaken making sacrifices with goats, and have now turn to cows. And one irritating aspect of your post, is branding northerners as almajiri. Almajiri literally means pupil, malam is teacher, aboki is friend. All these are distinct from kidnappers/idolators. Be guided please.
Re: Can Igbos Ever Be United? by AndreUweh(m): 4:00pm On Jan 21, 2011
^^^Every eediot on nairaland will not mind his or her problem. Barkono or whatever idiotic name you bear, why do you cry for a fat-head man when you are not the one to make his hats?. Any thing Igbo gives you sleepless nights. Only recently, Atiku lost elections in his home state, yet no one is crying, Obj lost elections in his native Ogun state yet no qualms. Shehu Yar'adua beat Yorubas in Oyo state yet no problems. Olu fale beat Yar'adua in Kaduna, no one ran his smelly mouth. How about Abiola defeating Tofa in Kano?. Yet FOOOLS as Barkono is not remembering those ones.
The only thing nairaland clowns can remember easily is how Ekwueme was let down, Rochas and Ndigbo.
BTW, Ekwueme won his primaries in the East both in 1999 and 2003.
@Barkono, stop displaying stupidity here as you have got no sense of history but arteries and veins supplying tribalism to your empty brains. CLown.
Re: Can Igbos Ever Be United? by Dede1(m): 4:38pm On Jan 21, 2011
Barkono:

Quote from @ udezue:
I am not surprised this freak Alj harem will show up to make silly comments. Carry your gworo eating almajiri self and discuss issues concerning Kanuri and other useless muslim groups in your domain. As "united" as you are you have remained the most backward good-for-nothing heap of cow dung in Nigeria and Africa

LMFAO. U bungled up you know. What has almajiri, goro, cow and backwardness got to do with this? A simple question was asked by @silami, and it was turned to mudslinging. Kai, too bad.
I am of the opinion that honestly, the Igbos are nothing but a bunch of money baggers. Imagine an opportunity thrown  to them for redemption, and possible  take- over of  leadership of this country by 2015, at most, or worst case scenerio, 2019, but they blew it away. Am saying this in the perspective of pdp.   I see the average Igbo man as an "ego" man. Give him warreva, he will still let you down, as long as there is no naira sign on it. We have seen how they let Alex Ekwueme down, in the 1998 convention. How they let okadigbo down in 2003, how they fell Rochas Okorocha's hand in 2006. The in-fighting for senate leadership(banana peel), and pdp chairmanship post. Instead of going the "progressives" way, like sw in 1999,2007, culminating to ac n victories in taking over affairs in sw. Kano, Bauchi, zamfara and yobe prior to betrayals by some of the govs, in 2008 - 09.
The only way the Igbos can redeem themselves and possess their possession, is to join the progressives, and forget this fell house of cards, pdp.
Name callings, will not help your course, it will only compound it. The last time I checked the movement of cows to southern nigeria, apart from lagos and some part of sw has the highest consumption rate. Even the okija gods, have forsaken making sacrifices with goats, and have now turn to cows. And one irritating aspect of your post, is branding northerners as almajiri. Almajiri literally means pupil, malam is teacher, aboki is friend. All these are distinct from kidnappers/idolators. Be guided please.

A question being simple in nature does not absolve it from hidden agenda or irrelevancy.
Before I continue with this response, let me remind you that Nigeria is practicing a system of government called democracy.

I do not believe in the politics which dictates that the political patronages should be channeled to my ethnic group or rejoice because Igbo person ascends to the position of presidency in the cesspit called Nigeria.

As mush as I detest the current political maneuvers in PDP borne out of self-centered, sentimentally driven interests and greed on part of Goodluck Jonathan and his supporters, believe me Ndigbo are, by nature, not sectional champions. I guess the egalitarian nature of Ndigbo had placed them in a political awkward predicament especially in the colonial contraption called Nigeria.

In fact, I am compelled to agree with you that tribal dogma in Nigeria politics equates to progressiveness as you alluded with the example of SW as in AD=AC=ACN in 1999- 2007. However, you must I agree with me that AD did not last long the moment the son of the soil was elected president. Also, the moment the mandate granted to the son nears expiration, AC was born.

I detest sectional politics fuelled by tribal sentiment but I must add that credit should be given to the folks from the SOUTH WEST of Nigeria for understanding what Nigeria stood for politically.
Re: Can Igbos Ever Be United? by Barkono: 4:47pm On Jan 21, 2011
Quote from @ndre Uweh,
^^^Every eediot on nairaland will not mind his or her problem. Barkono or whatever idiotic name you bear, why do you cry for a fat-head man when you are not the one to make his hats?. Any thing Igbo gives you sleepless nights. Only recently, Atiku lost elections in his home state, yet no one is crying, Obj lost elections in his native Ogun state yet no qualms. Shehu Yar'adua beat Yorubas in Oyo state yet no problems. Olu fale beat Yar'adua in Kaduna, no one ran his smelly mouth. How about Abiola defeating Tofa in Kano?. Yet FOOOLS as Barkono is not remembering those ones.
The only thing nairaland clowns can remember easily is how Ekwueme was let down, Rochas and Ndigbo.
@Barkono, stop displaying stupidity here as you have got no sense of history but arteries and veins supplying tribalism to your empty brains. CLown.
See how clannish your mucus brain is. Who wants to know whether atiku, yar adua, tofa, abiola or obasanjo lost in their homestead. When it was zoned, it was zoned. We knew where it was swinging to in those past years, check your record.
The crux of the topic is why the in-fighting in Igbo land over pdp positions. Could the Igbo man be trusted with leadership position? Why is there no cooperation amongst the stakeholders? Can't they shift from the mainstream politics and join forces with the "progressives", to achieve a result? All we know is that, the igbo can only unite around the naira sign. No principle. SMH
Re: Can Igbos Ever Be United? by AndreUweh(m): 4:56pm On Jan 21, 2011
Barkono:

Quote from @ndre Uweh,
See how clannish your mucus brain is. Who wants to know whether atiku, yar adua, tofa, abiola or obasanjo lost in their homestead. When it was zoned, it was zoned. We knew where it was swinging to in those past years, check your record.
The crux of the topic is why the in-fighting in Igbo land over pdp positions. Could the Igbo man be trusted with leadership position? Why is there no cooperation amongst the stakeholders? Can't they shift from the mainstream politics and join forces with the "progressives", to achieve a result? All we know is that, the igbo can only unite around the naira sign. No principle. SMH

Brain-dead monkey, stop chatting further crap. You wrote about how Ndigbo disappointed Ekwueme then I responded with what happens in other regions. Have you swallowed what you first wrote.
What progressives are you ranting about?. Are Ndigbo not found in progressive parties?. Let Ndigbo be as they are not responsible for your jobless life.
Re: Can Igbos Ever Be United? by Barkono: 5:18pm On Jan 21, 2011
Quote from @ Brain-dead monkey, stop chatting further crap. You wrote about how Ndigbo disappointed Ekwueme then I responded with what happens in other regions. Have you swallowed what you first wrote.
What progressives are you ranting about?. Are Ndigbo not found in progressive parties?. Let Ndigbo be as they are not responsible for your jobless life

Brain dead monkey, ke? Anyway, why are you so bothered about Alex Ekwueme, besides, it is true the ndigbo left him in the cold. Even when he tried to fight for you, he was tear gassed at owerri concorde hotel. Abi na dokpesi do am? He was thrown out to hold his conference in the sun.
Name me one one Igbo leader, that was in the core progressive of yore. Peeps like aminu kano, he fought the establishment, awolowo, even adaka boro/saro wiwa. We are not talking of nzeogwu, the coupist or dim ojukwu the secessionist. Mtschewww
FYI, I am gainfully employed, from a good parental background.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Benedict Akanegbu Is UPP's Anambra Guber Candidate / True Pictures Of Lagos They Hide From Us / SAMBISA: Army While Searching For Shekau (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 186
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.