Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:24 AM

Can Igbos Ever Be United? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Igbos Ever Be United? (5848 Views)

Can Igbos Ever Support Buhari's Government? / Can Igbos Survive The Murky Waters Of Nigerian Politics? / Can Igbos Govern Their Own Nation-state? - Voting In Progress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Igbos Ever Be United? by silami(m): 12:30am On Jan 18, 2011
I am asking this question because of what is happening in that region politically. Let me just give some instances here

1999-2007 the office of the Senate president was zoned to the Igbos and how many did we have? you do the math
2007-till date the office of the PDP chairmanship si zoned to the same Igbos how many already and still counting,  Is it that there is no unity or trust among the igbos? and how are we sure if they have the presidency, they will  not go the same path? just asking sha.
Re: Can Igbos Ever Be United? by wesley80(m): 12:38am On Jan 18, 2011
@OP
Do u think it is appropriate for a semi-literate non-Igbo to start a thread like this? Just asking sha!
Re: Can Igbos Ever Be United? by jason123: 12:41am On Jan 18, 2011
You dey look for trouble oo! cheesy grin grin grin but seriously, you are a northerner so why should you be concerned about the igbo or the south? The igbos are uniting along with the WHOLE OF THE SOUTH. FROM THE SW TO THE SS TO THE SE!!!Just telling you sha. cool
Re: Can Igbos Ever Be United? by silami(m): 12:50am On Jan 18, 2011
wesley80:

@OP
Do u think it is appropriate for a semi-literate non-Igbo to start a thread like this? Just asking sha!
do you think it is appropriate for an illiterate like you who doesn't understand or have any meaningful contribution to this thread to read it? just responding sha.
Re: Can Igbos Ever Be United? by silami(m): 12:54am On Jan 18, 2011
jason123:

You dey look for trouble oo! cheesy grin grin grin but seriously, you are a northerner so why should you be concerned about the igbo or the south? T[b]he igbos are uniting [/b]along with the WHOLE OF THE SOUTH. FROM THE SW TO THE SS TO THE SE!!!Just telling you sha. cool
'I dey lough' Uniting to unplug Nwodo? My wife to be is an Igbo so i care that's why i asked. infact i asked her same question but she couldn't answer me.
Re: Can Igbos Ever Be United? by wesley80(m): 12:56am On Jan 18, 2011
@OP,
Oh my, Did I piss u off? So sori I made a mistake, my post shld have read; Do u think it is appropriate for a Northern Dim witted Semi literate Goat Herder to open a thread like this? Just correcting my post sha!
Re: Can Igbos Ever Be United? by Freewilly(f): 1:02am On Jan 18, 2011
wesley80:

@OP,
Oh my, Did I piss u off? So sori I made a mistake, my post shld have read; Do u think it is appropriate for a Northern Dim witted Semi literate Goat Herder to open a thread like this? Just correcting my post sha!

Mind yourself ohhh sad sad sad

You just insulted Dim witted semi literate goats.

The OP is Atulu Awusa that has no business using a computer. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cheesy
Re: Can Igbos Ever Be United? by silami(m): 1:06am On Jan 18, 2011
wesley80:

@OP,
. sorry sweeri didn't know that an illiterate vulture looking like you gets upset easy, i am truly sorry.
Re: Can Igbos Ever Be United? by jason123: 1:10am On Jan 18, 2011
@ op

To be honest, NO ONE KNOWS! Btw, if my earlier post was insulting, then, my bad cool
Re: Can Igbos Ever Be United? by wesley80(m): 1:18am On Jan 18, 2011
Now dat u've apologised, Y not go look for some toys to play with or gossip with your mates? Or u cld just let Alhaji rock u in his arms till u fall asleep. This is no place for infants to try out their debating skills ok? Now be a good girl and run along.
Re: Can Igbos Ever Be United? by silami(m): 1:20am On Jan 18, 2011
jason123:

@ op

To be honest, NO ONE KNOWS! Btw, if my earlier post was insulting, then, my bad cool
Jason you are cool man it was not. I was just asking out of curiosity, but  this nairaland so one should be ready to get insulted by both human and animal like brain.
Re: Can Igbos Ever Be United? by silami(m): 1:26am On Jan 18, 2011
wesley80:

Now dat u've apologised, Y not go look for some toys to play with or gossip with your mates? Or u cld just let Alhaji rock u in his arms till u fall asleep. This is no place for infants to try out their debating skills ok? Now be a good girl and run along.
I am glad that you have accepted your place in the kingdom of vultures, so i know whom am responding to. from now on insults and dullards' like comment of yours are welcome. and your illiteracy level does not even allow to differentiate between genders? Seun please let there be literacy section for these kinds so that they can get educated and examine before being integrated into the forum proper,
Re: Can Igbos Ever Be United? by dempeople(m): 1:38am On Jan 18, 2011
silami:

Jason you are cool man it was not. I was just asking out of curiosity, but  this nairaland so one should be ready to get insulted by both human and animal like brain.

Why on earth would you open-up a very ill-informed, daft and flabbergasting thread like this without thinking of the consequences of doing so only to say you're asking "out of curiosity"? Don't you know what and what might be sensitive to people? You just want to start a cyber conflict here.

I think you should re-read the post below.

jason123:

You dey look for trouble oo! cheesy grin grin grin but seriously, you are a northerner so why should you be concerned about the igbo or the south? The igbos are uniting along with the WHOLE OF THE SOUTH. FROM THE SW TO THE SS TO THE SE!!!Just telling you sha. cool
Re: Can Igbos Ever Be United? by wesley80(m): 1:43am On Jan 18, 2011
Oh oh! Is this what I get for de-fusing a ticking time bomb? What has d world turned into? I just rescued u and the entire forum from anoda potential ethnic-bashing-homepage making thread and the thank u i get r insults? Wld u have rather had a congregation of ethnic bigots feasting off your head. 4 petes sake I just helped u sway d discussion to highlight your innocence(ignorance). The folly of a lady is more acceptable around here so pls excuse my gender references. Its ok anyway, dont bother to thank me cos I did it 4 humanity sha.
Re: Can Igbos Ever Be United? by Justcash(m): 2:03am On Jan 18, 2011
silami:

I am asking this question because of what is happening in that region politically. Let me just give some instances here

1999-2007 the office of the Senate president was zoned to the Igbos and how many did we have? you do the math
2007-till date the office of the PDP chairmanship si zoned to the same Igbos how many already and still counting,  Is it that there is no unity or trust among the igbos? and how are we sure if they have the presidency, they will  not go the same path? just asking sha.

It is the Political orientation of Igbos. If you are not performing well as a leader, you'd be booted out without pity. Most of the leaders that were booted out were found wanting, and were legally booted out. It's not like they were assassinated. If other Nigerian groups had this attitude, alot would have changed in Nigeria. Look at Dimeji Bankole (Who thinks that he is untouchable), does he deserve to remain as the leader of the house of assembly? He deserves to be booted out. He has failed severely. Ken Nnamani turned out to become the senate president after Pius anyim was booted out. I am sure that you saw how humble, fair and result -oriented he stayed to remain in that post till the end. Moreover, booting out politicians found wanting is not a sign of dis-unity.
Re: Can Igbos Ever Be United? by silami(m): 2:44am On Jan 18, 2011
^^^^^I think this is the only sensible answer i got. But my question is will an igbo president be booted for non performance?
Re: Can Igbos Ever Be United? by omongbatim: 2:59am On Jan 18, 2011
silami:

^^^^^I think this is the only sensible answer i got. But my question is will an igbo president be booted for non performance?

Igbos (infact, a portion of Igboland) elected those senators who eventually became the senate president. So they can be removed by their constituencies who elected them.

An Igbo president of Nigeria is not elected by IGBOS ALONE. So how will they (Igbos) butt him/her out Alone? Your sense is very dim.
Re: Can Igbos Ever Be United? by silami(m): 3:10am On Jan 18, 2011
@omongbatim The dimmest sense i have ever seen, the senate president, heads the NATIONAL assembly mark the word national not igbonal I think your sense, thats if you have one should tell you that he is heading the Federal legislatures not IGBO and if he is elected in the hallow chamber of the national assembly occupied by the federal legislatures coming from all over the country why should your ill-informed analysis hold here, this just revealed your ignorance filled mind.
Re: Can Igbos Ever Be United? by aljharem(m): 3:18am On Jan 18, 2011
@ silami

the reality is that igbos will never ever unite because there is nothing that define the igbo culture

what is igbo undecided

at least we know we northerners are Mulsims

we know the yorubas/edo people have kings and have a similar languagu

igbos do not have kings nor have a similar language

i once met an Ngwa man, that tols me he is not igbo,, i asked why,, then he asked what is igbo,,,hmmmmm

i met a delta ibo (not igbo) that said he is not igbo

the only ngwa i have seen saying he is igbo in my live is ChineyeN

silami, your question is a very good one

imagine even ikwerri and ika saying they are not igbo not to talk of ngwa and co

but to me, there no reason for igbos to unite since they have nothing in common with there neigbouring clans because i have spent some yrs in the east and i know what i am talking about smiley
Re: Can Igbos Ever Be United? by udezue(m): 3:26am On Jan 18, 2011
I am not surprised this freak Alj harem will show up to make stupid comments. Carry your gworo eating almajiri self and discuss issues concerning Kanuri and other useless muslim groups in your domain. As "united" as you are you have remained the most backward good-for-nothing heap of cow dung in Nigeria and Africa.
Re: Can Igbos Ever Be United? by silami(m): 3:37am On Jan 18, 2011
udezue:

I am not surprised this freak Alj harem will show up to make silly comments. Carry your gworo eating almajiri self and discuss issues concerning Kanuri and other useless muslim groups in your domain. As "united" as you are you have remained the most backward good-for-nothing heap of cow dung in Nigeria and Africa.
. An intelligent person would have tried to counter the serious points raise alj harem instead of insults. incase the points were not clear let me try putting them in form of questions:
1. what defines igbo culture? 2. what is Igbo? 3. Do igbos have kings or similar language? 4. do igbos have reasons to unite. I am sure with your primary education you will be able to answer these questions if alj harem was too sophisticated for you.

@ alj harem don't mind them i still need answer, which they don't have and so decided to go into insults.
Re: Can Igbos Ever Be United? by aljharem(m): 3:39am On Jan 18, 2011
^^^

thanks i decided not to answer him because he is not as smart as i am

fact!!!! i really do not want to go as low as to insult him undecided
Re: Can Igbos Ever Be United? by silami(m): 3:52am On Jan 18, 2011
^^^^don't mind these dullards that think nobody is as intelligent as they are. i hate tribal bashing but this just getting too much, lol
Re: Can Igbos Ever Be United? by silami(m): 4:07am On Jan 18, 2011
“Any sign of disunity that is made public concerning Ndigbo is not good news. We would want such matters concerning our people to be settled within our fold and not to be treated publicly like this one.

“We are not taking sides but this is creating bad impression about our people. It shows there is open disunity. And it is not good for those involved and Ndigbo generally, hence, we want a situation where a level of understanding should be reached on this matter.” President-General of Ohanaeze, Ambassador Ralph Uwechue.

What i am saying just confirmed by your ow!
Re: Can Igbos Ever Be United? by udezue(m): 4:08am On Jan 18, 2011
Silami, get ur stupiid moronicc self outta here.

Aljharem, is nothing but a retard and engaging him any talk is a waste of breathe just like you seem to be.
AljHarem claims to be Igbo hence there is no need for me to educate him. You are telling me to school him on shyt he can find all over the internet? You must be a dunce just the rest of your cattle herding ppl.
Re: Can Igbos Ever Be United? by kettykin: 4:12am On Jan 18, 2011
The heading is not complete , it should have read
1 can the ibos ever be united
2 can the North ever be peaceful
3 can the yorubas ever be Honest
4 can the Niger Deltans ever be reasonable
Re: Can Igbos Ever Be United? by jason123: 4:13am On Jan 18, 2011
kettykin:

The heading is not complete , it should have read
1 can the ibos ever be united
2 can the North ever be peaceful
3 can the yorubas ever be Honest
4 can the Niger Deltans ever be reasonable

pls, what do you mean by the bolded part above?
Re: Can Igbos Ever Be United? by Akhenaten: 4:15am On Jan 18, 2011
Igbo people we need to stop with these post concerning our people.

If you want a discussion, go to the Culture Section. It is much quieter there.
Re: Can Igbos Ever Be United? by kettykin: 4:18am On Jan 18, 2011
My personal thinking about nwodo is that it is a PDP issues.

Just the same you could assess ibos based on the loyalty and forthrightness shown in Obulafor so also the present travails of Nwodo is purely a PDP issue.
Was it ibos that changed obulafor or GEJ and his cohorts ? Why put the blame on ibos aren there ibos in Anpp and CPC.
Re: Can Igbos Ever Be United? by kettykin: 4:24am On Jan 18, 2011
If the niger deltans are reasonable , would their cities be looking so undeveloped and direlict while non oil producing cities have been developed with oil money.

Also if they were reasonable their oil wealth would have transformed them into another dubai , qatar or kuwait.

If they are resonable how are they getting 13% instead of 50% of their oil revenue
Re: Can Igbos Ever Be United? by silami(m): 4:31am On Jan 18, 2011
udezue:

Silami, get your stupiid moronicc self outta here.

Aljharem, is nothing but a not-so-smart person and engaging him any talk is a waste of breathe just like you seem to be.
AljHarem claims to be Igbo hence there is no need for me to educate him. You are telling me to school him on shyt he can find all over the internet? You must be a dunce just the rest of your cattle herding ppl.
. haha here u go again it seems you still don't get the questions. I will try to learn igbo so that will make it easier for me to communicate with not so intelligent people like you! How can one be so dumb to the point of not being able to answer elementary questions? I don't think Alj Harem will stoop so law to the point of you schooling and i don't even advise him to teach you either because the frustration of teaching you, will resulted to him caning you. please when will your master settle you? i don't think you are matured enough to be settled yet. I'll advise that you go to bed now so as not to be late to the shop tomorrow  morning. poor apprentice.
Re: Can Igbos Ever Be United? by komando7(m): 5:25am On Jan 18, 2011
Komando7 walks into room. Cocks his ak47 ,aims it at Silami and alj harem, and begins to eat ewa goyin.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Splitting In Nigeria: Who's Gonna Loose / The Chinese Built Our Railways;We Should Hire The Namibians To Build Our Roads / List of Financially Broke/Bankrupt States in Nigeria. ( photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.