Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,085 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

A Nigerian Man Threatened Me, What Should I Do? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / A Nigerian Man Threatened Me, What Should I Do? (840 Views)

Nigerian Man Turns Woman: Mr Dapo Adaralegbe, Now Miss Stephanie Adaralegbe / Tips On Dating A Nigerian Man / Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nigerian Man Threatened Me, What Should I Do? by mockyp: 1:10am On Jan 18, 2011
Hi all,

recently, i was walking down the street with a friend, a Nigerian man came up to me, i was talking to someone, so he asked for a few minutes and i agreed.  i talked to him, seriously there was nothing serious, he kept on talking and talking, posing as a presidential candidate from South Africa and a business man from Saudi Arabia. ( i just laughed because my sister handles all the visitors in this country) i was trying to be nice, then he asked for my number claiming that he had some businesses with Saudi Arabians that might need diplomatic intervation, i might be of help to him. I refused first but he still pleaded, i gave him my second number.

well, at night he called me several times talking about himself.  As i got tired of his stories, i asked him to stop calling me, he then told me he wanted to marry me, i told him im not looking for a man and i have a bf.
I wasn't rude and i still asked him to keep this professional. The next morning he came by our house, they asked him to leave because it was an offence stalking a diplomatic property for no reason - all issues are handled at the embassy. he left.
then he started sending me messages, that he is going to do something to me, and i will go to him begging. I kept quiet till i told him i don't fear silly things. he said he is a spiritual man, and that i will see. i don't know what to do, i have  watched some scary movies of Nigerians and i really hate such things, i cant sleep. its been 2days.
below are some of the messages he sent me:

"Look, woman is not problem,if i need i wil only cast a spell,dey will come like bees,but listen u have kicked against d pricks.(even d people at d embasy deer are member,your area u live alot members,i will set dem against u.offend 1 offend all.bys. "

"Except i am not a gorila,and and a horn in d mystical world, "

I seriously have some Nigerian friends who are good people, Am so scared,  i dont why.

what can i do?
Re: A Nigerian Man Threatened Me, What Should I Do? by xxcarolxx(f): 1:19am On Jan 18, 2011
Why did you give your number to a stranger? Seriously do you believe in witchcraft,
Re: A Nigerian Man Threatened Me, What Should I Do? by mockyp: 1:27am On Jan 18, 2011
I dunno, i was trying to be nice. As much as i don't believe in witchcract, i must admit i've watched some scary nigerian moveis and i know what they're capable of doing.

I started thinking straight when it was too late!! At times i said to myself- he's a silly man, he has amental problem. but after failing to sleep, i thought twice.

Am so scared. I diverted his number but then,,,, his messages can't get out of my head. sad
Re: A Nigerian Man Threatened Me, What Should I Do? by xxcarolxx(f): 1:35am On Jan 18, 2011
Ru for real, From watching 9ja movies your scared, Just put it out of your mind,
Re: A Nigerian Man Threatened Me, What Should I Do? by Nobody: 2:28am On Jan 18, 2011
How can a Nigerian guy be posing as a presidential candidate from South Africa and a business man from Saudi Arabia and you gave him your mobile number.The story seems incomplete to me though
Re: A Nigerian Man Threatened Me, What Should I Do? by iice(f): 4:17am On Jan 19, 2011
^^Rofl, you dey mind am? undecided
On top of that her sister handles all the visitors. Unless they only get like 3 visitors a month, i don't see how she should know about him walking down the street with a friend and not her sister. And that's not only the questionable part.
Re: A Nigerian Man Threatened Me, What Should I Do? by tpia6: 4:18pm On Jan 19, 2011
Re: A Nigerian Man Threatened Me, What Should I Do? by ofala(m): 3:00pm On Jan 24, 2011
@Poster, it is quite unfortunate that you let what you watch in mere movies misinform you.I am beginning to wonder if you are an adult(no offense meant here plz).I have been to India but i have not seen where people are singing and dancing in the streets in the love of love(as portrayed in their films).I have also been to USA and i am yet to see anywhere where people are shooting down tall buildings just because one person is wanted(as portrayed in their movies)

I had earlier taken this issue of portraying Juju rubbish with some movies producers who are quite close tome and they insist that it is what sells, FINISH!

Can some adults out there watch Nigerian movies or any other country's movies for the matter, get entertained and not think that it is how the people behave?This erroneous thinking has to stop. If a Nigerian threatened  you, i want to say that any body from anywhere around the world could threaten anybody too. If you have to report the threat to the police,please do, but NOT JUST BECAUSE THE PERSON IS A NIGERIAN!   embarassed

(1) (Reply)

An Angry & Frustrated Society: / Memories Of An Hausa-Fulani Family / Man Who Uses Hunman Hair For Ritual Caught In Ota, Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.