Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,463 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

“if You Brush Your Teeth In The Morning Before Eating, You Are Wrong” – Dr Olufu - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / “if You Brush Your Teeth In The Morning Before Eating, You Are Wrong” – Dr Olufu (1028 Views)

Surgery Gone Wrong: Dr Anu Gave Me An Infection - Lady Cries Out (Graphic Photo) / "Take 2 In The Morning Before You Wake Up": Check Out This Drug Prescription / How You May Be Destroying Your Teeth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“if You Brush Your Teeth In The Morning Before Eating, You Are Wrong” – Dr Olufu by Khassey(m): 5:49pm On May 23, 2020
There are quite a lot of things that we grew up with, some of
them we now do by default, without even thinking them through;
just living like robots.
In a tweet session, Dr Olufunmilayo addressed one of such
funny things that we unconsciously exhibit daily; first brushing
in the morning before eating. Sounds strange right?

Whilst the above lifestyle is wrong, the right thing to do is “Eat
Your Breakfast First And Then Brush After”! Let me loud it for
those at the back of the class, “Eat Now; as you have woken up
this morning; and then brush after”!
Unlike what most of us have been doing; wrongly too; eating
first in the morning and brushing after gives you the following
benefits;
•Fresher breath
•Cleaner teeth
•Whiter teeth
•Avoids tooth decay

Now some of you reading this may be having a cringing feeling;
it’s normal whenever you are about to go against what you have
accepted as norm; but it is perfectly and totally normal to eat
breakfast first and brush after.
Try this for a month and you will have:
•Fresher breath,
•Whiter teeth,
•No mouth odour.
Let me try to break it down. So, the ideal thing when it comes to
oral hygiene is to ALWAYS brush your teeth LAST THING before
going to sleep at night.
So, if you do that, it means that your mouth/teeth would be
clean through the night, such that when you wake up the next
morning, you can eat your breakfast straight away.

Except you are one of those who are notorious for not brushing
their teeth before going to bed, or you are part of the group of people who keep sneaking around in the kitchen in the middle of
the night eating pounded yam, you have the greenlight to eat
breakfast first and brush after.
If you actually go to bed without brushing, you are harming
yourself and ruining your teeth, because such is very unhealthy
and unhygienic.
So, the following is the way to take care of our teeth in terms of
brushing;
•Brush your teeth twice a day,
•Brush your teeth LAST THING at night after all food/drinks;
except water, ONLY water,
•Brush your teeth the next morning IMMEDIATELY AFTER
breakfast (not before). If you brush your teeth before breakfast,
the food you eat after brushing will still mess your teeth up.

If you strictly follow this advice for a few weeks, you would see
that your mouth is better, your breath is fresher and your teeth is
whiter.
Make sure you try it out. Yes, at first it will be awkward, but
eventually you will get used to it and it will be great.
Thanks for reading, and let’s have your say in the comments
section.

1 Like

Re: “if You Brush Your Teeth In The Morning Before Eating, You Are Wrong” – Dr Olufu by Enoch07: 5:53pm On May 23, 2020
i can't eat without brushing my teeth, I repeat I can't eat without brushing my teeth in the morning and I've been doing this for 30 years of my life so my brother how can I change my mentality now? as they say "u can't teach an old dog new tricks".

1 Like

Re: “if You Brush Your Teeth In The Morning Before Eating, You Are Wrong” – Dr Olufu by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:34pm On May 23, 2020
obvious thing, while my main question would be:
- do you put water on toothbrush before putting toothpaste...and why?!
- cereals before milk OR milk before cereals?!
- in movie theater, which arm rest is yours?!

5 Likes

Re: “if You Brush Your Teeth In The Morning Before Eating, You Are Wrong” – Dr Olufu by Ekemeze: 6:52pm On May 23, 2020
Re: “if You Brush Your Teeth In The Morning Before Eating, You Are Wrong” – Dr Olufu by Felyyaks(f): 7:43pm On May 23, 2020
I started brushing twice daily at night before sleeping and in the morning after breakfast at age 10 when we were taught in school,funny enough if I tell people they laugh at me especially my family ��

1 Like

Re: “if You Brush Your Teeth In The Morning Before Eating, You Are Wrong” – Dr Olufu by campbelljosh(m): 11:22pm On May 23, 2020
I have been doing this since. I also learnt it's good not to rinse the mouth with water after brushing

1 Like

Re: “if You Brush Your Teeth In The Morning Before Eating, You Are Wrong” – Dr Olufu by PureGoldh(m): 11:23pm On May 23, 2020
I reserve my comment
Re: “if You Brush Your Teeth In The Morning Before Eating, You Are Wrong” – Dr Olufu by Khassey(m): 2:12pm On May 24, 2020
K
Re: “if You Brush Your Teeth In The Morning Before Eating, You Are Wrong” – Dr Olufu by Khassey(m): 2:21pm On May 24, 2020
campbelljosh:
I have been doing this since. I also learnt it's good not to rinse the mouth with water after brushing

Also true
Re: “if You Brush Your Teeth In The Morning Before Eating, You Are Wrong” – Dr Olufu by Khassey(m): 2:22pm On May 24, 2020
MrBrownJay1:
obvious thing, while my main question would be:
- do you put water on toothbrush before putting toothpaste...and why?!
- cereals before milk OR milk before cereals?!
- in movie theater, which arm rest is yours?!
Lol
Whatever suits you
Re: “if You Brush Your Teeth In The Morning Before Eating, You Are Wrong” – Dr Olufu by Khassey(m): 2:24pm On May 24, 2020
Felyyaks:
I started brushing twice daily at night before sleeping and in the morning after breakfast at age 10 when we were taught in school,funny enough if I tell people they laugh at me especially my family ��
I can also relate
Re: “if You Brush Your Teeth In The Morning Before Eating, You Are Wrong” – Dr Olufu by Khassey(m): 2:25pm On May 24, 2020
Enoch07:
i can't eat without brushing my teeth, I repeat I can't eat without brushing my teeth in the morning and I've been doing this for 30 years of my life so my brother how can I change my mentality now? as they say "u can't teach an old dog new tricks".
That's true
But you can also try brushing again after eating

1 Like

Re: “if You Brush Your Teeth In The Morning Before Eating, You Are Wrong” – Dr Olufu by ejanla077: 8:41pm On May 24, 2020
Like we wey dey smoke 1 by 12 midnight to round the day... How we go do
Re: “if You Brush Your Teeth In The Morning Before Eating, You Are Wrong” – Dr Olufu by Emmyh: 9:49pm On May 24, 2020
Nice talk wink
Re: “if You Brush Your Teeth In The Morning Before Eating, You Are Wrong” – Dr Olufu by MuchAdo: 10:07pm On May 24, 2020
Well, so far you had sufficient water first thing in the morning, you are good to go! smiley
Re: “if You Brush Your Teeth In The Morning Before Eating, You Are Wrong” – Dr Olufu by gasparpisciotta: 10:45pm On May 24, 2020
I agree

(1) (Reply)

. / Lagos Community Where Public Toilet Operators Discharge Faeces Into River / Masturbation made a mess of me as a young man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.