Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,552 members, 7,819,958 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] (4942 Views)

Raji Khalid Olatunji, 19-Year-Old UNILORIN First Class Graduand Of Sociology / Can I Still Graduate With a First Class? / Onoriode Aziza Has 3 First Class In Law From OAU, Law School & Cambridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by Nobody: 7:25am On May 27, 2020
Highbee479:
Please
I just joined nairaland today just because I saw this thread
I usually log in as guest all this while

Please
All I just want is advice
I mean those on first class
How did your guys go about it

Anyway am from Lagos State University
Economics student 100L
(Fresher)
Exam was scheduled 11 may but the pandemic disrupted the calendar
So we haven't done anything at all just lecture (we just dey warm �)

I just want someone to give advice
I just started but ...I want it to go perfectly
You know....

And please mind my English �
Well read through the previous posts, you'll see some advice. You can also visit these threads

https://www.nairaland.com/163757/secrets-first-class-students?iorg_service_id_internal=1646953538912597%3BAfrSgPTTro1EsB_A

https://www.nairaland.com/5621111/what-chances-making-first-class?iorg_service_id_internal=1646953538912597%3BAfrSgPTTro1EsB_A

1 Like

Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by Lordfave98: 8:07am On May 27, 2020
Am in 300 level materials and metallurgical engineering, FUTO. Just stumbled on this thread

1 Like

Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by fwzolamide1(m): 11:25am On May 27, 2020
I'm a fresh student of unilorin, I have almost finished my first semester exam before the outbreak of covid19. It remains one course to left.
Actually when I got admission , I worked hard to ensure that I have 'As' in each course I offered , but I had problem with that one course to left during test.
Honestly, during the test the lecturer gave us 10 minutes to answer Two questions but I attempted one out of it.
I just wanted to ask, please can I still have 'As in that particular course. Because , since the closure of my school . I have been the reading the course steadily.
Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by cityprince(m): 12:35pm On May 27, 2020
Thehumanlloydl:

Welcome, let's wait on the elders to elaborate about job aspects
Thank u sir
Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by cityprince(m): 12:37pm On May 27, 2020
Highbee479:
Please I just joined nairaland today just because I saw this thread I usually log in as guest all this while
Please All I just want is advice I mean those on first class How did your guys go about it
Anyway am from Lagos State University Economics student 100L (Fresher) Exam was scheduled 11 may but the pandemic disrupted the calendar So we haven't done anything at all just lecture (we just dey warm �)
I just want someone to give advice I just started but ...I want it to go perfectly You know....
And please mind my English �
it all about determination and dedication
Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by Strugglingman: 12:39pm On May 27, 2020
Thehumanlloydl:

Picking Economics is some guts, I avoided that course in secondary school, it was just so complex lol.
You studying at home?
hmmm
Whots complex about economics?
Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by Strugglingman: 12:39pm On May 27, 2020
chipsypop:
My own is that resumption of schools should wait till October.
lazy student grin
Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by Richdee1(m): 12:44pm On May 27, 2020
300 level UNIBEN SOCIAL WORK

2 Likes

Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by Nobody: 5:36pm On May 27, 2020
neuroboy4:

Most scholarships are for 200L students. For yr2 students upwards I'd advise you to join WhatsApp groups or subscribe to educational blogs where you can be getting latest scholarship info (I missed PTDF because I wasn't informed).
Legit scholarships you should be on the look out for include:
200L: Chevron, NNPC/Total, PTDF, Agbami, SEPLAT, Shell SPDC, NNPC/Snepco.
300L: MTN, SEPLAT scholarships
Importantly, a CGPA of 3.5+ is usually a criterion
Oh thanks, will there be any kind of exam provided you attain the criterion Or just selection by probability?
Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by hollymolly66(m): 8:22pm On May 27, 2020
neuroboy4:

Most scholarships are for 200L students. For yr2 students upwards I'd advise you to join WhatsApp groups or subscribe to educational blogs where you can be getting latest scholarship info (I missed PTDF because I wasn't informed).
Legit scholarships you should be on the look out for include:
200L: Chevron, NNPC/Total, PTDF, Agbami, SEPLAT, Shell SPDC, NNPC/Snepco.
300L: MTN, SEPLAT scholarships
Importantly, a CGPA of 3.5+ is usually a criterion
please how is it like?
Is it that those organization will start paying ones tuition fees or how
Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by detutu1: 8:40pm On May 27, 2020
Hello Everyone,

If you are interested in learning first-hand information on the education, lifestyle and experiences of international students in Europe. Check out the Youtube Channel - Detutu.

I have been in Germany for a while and I am sharing my experience and that of others who are interested so you can learn and be entertained. The focus isn't just for Germany as I will be sharing tips from other European Countries as well.

The channel is relatively new and I will appreciate it if you subscribe, share, comment and let me know what type of content you would like to see.

Here is the link.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCse5778WNDr95RQY3T5O7uA?view_as=subscriber

In my most recent video, I shared some skills you might want to consider before you migrate. You can watch it here as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=df4Q54uq8OI&t=110s

I upload new videos every week!

Peace and Love

Detutu

1 Share

Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by neuroboy4: 10:31pm On May 27, 2020
Thehumanlloydl:

Oh thanks, will there be any kind of exam provided you attain the criterion Or just selection by probability?
Most of the scholarships require qualified candidates to take aptitude tests before final selection. But scholarships like PTDF and Shell SPDC award "pro" scholarships where you won't have to take any test, I'm not really sure what they use to award but I think it depends on your CGPA/O'Level/Jamb score. But those I know that got PTDF had high CGPA scores.
Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by neuroboy4: 10:37pm On May 27, 2020
hollymolly66:
please how is it like?
Is it that those organization will start paying ones tuition fees or how
No, after you've been awarded, they pay you yearly (whether 100k, 200k or even 400k) provided you meet the scholarship criteria each year till you graduate.
Example Chevron pays 100k yearly, someone studying engineering (5-yrs) will be paid 100k for four years.

PS: you can do anything with the money.

2 Likes

Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by hollymolly66(m): 8:00am On May 28, 2020
neuroboy4:

No, after you've been awarded, they pay you yearly (whether 100k, 200k or even 400k) provided you meet the scholarship criteria each year till you graduate.
Example Chevron pays 100k yearly, someone studying engineering (5-yrs) will be paid 100k for four years.

PS: you can do anything with the money.
wow!! I'll try to give it a try
Thanks for the enlightening

2 Likes

Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by Nobody: 10:44am On May 28, 2020
neuroboy4:

Most of the scholarships require qualified candidates to take aptitude tests before final selection. But scholarships like PTDF and Shell SPDC award "pro" scholarships where you won't have to take any test, I'm not really sure what they use to award but I think it depends on your CGPA/O'Level/Jamb score. But those I know that got PTDF had high CGPA scores.
Thanks, cheers
Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by yusman14(m): 1:26am On May 31, 2020
Lordfave98:
Am in 300 level materials and metallurgical engineering, FUTO. Just stumbled on this thread
wow!!
Nice one..
I am also a 300level student of metallurgical and materials engineering OAU...
Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by yusman14(m): 12:47am On Jun 04, 2020
Hello everyone �..I am glad to be here...
I am a 300Level student of metallurgical and materials engineering (OAU)....
Currently on a 2.1(second class upper)...My GPA reduced from first class due to some personal reasons...

I am a guitarist, python programmer,I know little about web development too..

I hope we can have a nice time together on this thread..
Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by Ishiewo: 3:03pm On Jun 12, 2020
Babawale4real:

What school? How was your microeconomics first semester
UNN, boss

1 Like

Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by Lordfave98: 5:33pm On Jun 12, 2020
yusman14:
Good to know bro, how do you see MME311 & MME313
Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by Mr2kul(m): 6:11pm On Jun 12, 2020
I was checking comments to see if i will meet a fellow here but didn't see any. Well, I'm currently in 400L, studying Chemical Engineering with a CGPA of 4.42
Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by Emperordynasty: 6:20pm On Jun 12, 2020
Hi everyone..
I'm a 100level student of Agricultural economics and extension..

The main question I want to ask is ....is the idea or aim of graduating with 5.0 cgpa a possibility...and what does it take to achieve this...plus do you know anyone who has achieved this feat

1 Like

Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jun 12, 2020
Emperordynasty:
Hi everyone..

The main question I want to ask is ....is the idea or aim of graduating with 5.0 cgpa a possibility...and what does it take to achieve this...plus do you know anyone who has achieved this feat
Very possible, even if you get 4.8 in your year one, after three about 6 semesters of having 5.0's you can graduate with it. Level hundred is usually the toughest for intelligent Students except you're "Brilliant" as well. However, the aim should be getting 100% in all your exams, don't just go for a 70% for an A, tell yourself you're greater than the school's syllabus and 95% is an insult to your personality, trust me you'll be motivated to study and A's will be unlimited.
The best graduating student of my school in 2017 had a 5.00, a biochem female Student. The best graduating Student of 2019 had 4.97 front the faculty of law- you see? Even Engineering Student in my school get >4.85, it just depends on your input; Read read read read! Persistence is key. If you loose motivation, go to YouTube and watch videos of best graduating Students or talk with your senior colleagues with these feet.
Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jun 12, 2020
Mr2kul:
I was checking comments to see if i will meet a fellow here but didn't see any.
Well, I'm currently in 400L, studying Chemical Engineering with a CGPA of 4.42
If you no get first class I no go happy for you Bros.
Nack that project A+, get 5.00 in your last semester, this secret method is what my school mates use to get first class. It ALWAYS works.
Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by yusman14(m): 7:24pm On Jun 12, 2020
Emperordynasty:
Hi everyone..

Though you are not an engineering student..but I can advice you..
To graduate with a First class (5.0) is attached to a lot of factors...
Ranging from finance,motivation, friends,level of brilliancy, ability to perform under pressure, persistency, dedication, diligence, mentorship and God factor..

You can do it since others had done it...you can make it happen bro..
I am not a motivational speaker but I can charge and galvanize you concerning your Academics...
A lot of guys had graduated with maximum CGPA in my school (OAU), UNILAG,UI and many more schools...

Though,we all have limits in terms of ability...just give your best and you will be ok..
Take care.
Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by yusman14(m): 7:25pm On Jun 12, 2020
Lordfave98:
Good to know bro, how do you see MME311 & MME313
Course code differs bro...
Can you list the course titles..
Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by Lordfave98: 7:39pm On Jun 12, 2020
yusman14:
Course code differs bro...
Can you list the course titles..
MME311 - Properties & Principles Of Ceramics. MME 313 - Physical Metallurgy.
Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by Mr2kul(m): 8:42pm On Jun 12, 2020
Thehumanlloydl:

If you no get first class I no go happy for you Bros.
Nack that project A+, get 5.00 in your last semester, this secret method is what my school mates use to get first class. It ALWAYS works.
Yeah.. That's what I'm aiming. I'm also targeting an A in my IT semester.
Thanks for the advice.

1 Like

Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by yusman14(m): 11:01pm On Jun 12, 2020
Lordfave98:
MME311 - Properties & Principles Of Ceramics. MME 313 - Physical Metallurgy.
Physical metallurgy is also a 300level course here...
It is about the extraction of metals from their ores,heat treatment, mechanical separation and so on .
It is very bulky ooooo...but very interesting course..
Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by Emperordynasty: 11:31pm On Jun 12, 2020
yusman14:
Though you are not an engineering student..but I can advice you..
To graduate with a First class (5.0) is attached to a lot of factors...
Ranging from finance,motivation, friends,level of brilliancy, ability to perform under pressure, persistency, dedication, diligence, mentorship and God factor..

You can do it since others had done it...you can make it happen bro..
I am not a motivational speaker but I can charge and galvanize you concerning your Academics...
A lot of guys had graduated with maximum CGPA in my school (OAU), UNILAG,UI and many more schools...

Though,we all have limits in terms of ability...just give your best and you will be ok..
Take care.
Wow ...thanks you very much sir

1 Like

Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by Emperordynasty: 11:33pm On Jun 12, 2020
Thehumanlloydl:

Very possible, even if you get 4.8 in your year one, after three about 6 semesters of having 5.0's you can graduate with it. Level hundred is usually the toughest for intelligent Students except you're "Brilliant" as well. However, the aim should be getting 100% in all your exams, don't just go for a 70% for an A, tell yourself you're greater than the school's syllabus and 95% is an insult to your personality, trust me you'll be motivated to study and A's will be unlimited.
The best graduating student of my school in 2017 had a 5.00, a biochem female Student. The best graduating Student of 2019 had 4.97 front the faculty of law- you see? Even Engineering Student in my school get >4.85, it just depends on your input; Read read read read! Persistence is key. If you loose motivation, go to YouTube and watch videos of best graduating Students or talk with your senior colleagues with these feet.
thank you very much sir
When I eventually achieve this feat...I will update this thread ...by God's grace grin

1 Like

Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by Nobody: 6:37am On Jun 21, 2020
NDSMELODY:
500l electrical engineering with CGPA of 4.05,i am begging God to graduate with this jejely because i have just one semester.
Morning bro, I need your help please.
I have questions on Electromagnetism and Electromagnetics I need answers before 12 oclock on Monday but I haven't learnt that part in school, so I'm lost. Can you help me solve them?

Dahunsi228
jeff35
Ejusni

Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by Dahunsi228(m): 7:54am On Jun 21, 2020
Thehumanlloydl:

Morning bro, I need your help please.
I have questions on Electromagnetism and Electromagnetics I need answers before 12 oclock on Monday but I haven't learnt that part in school, so I'm lost. Can you help me solve them?

Dahunsi228
jeff35
Ejusni

I'm sorry ELECTRO MAGNETIC FIELD AND WAVE IS A SECOND SEMESTER 300L COURSE IN MY SCHOOL AND WE'RE STILL IN FIRST SEMESTER

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Australia Scholarships For International Students - Apply Here Before Deadline / When You Copied In The Exam But Still Failed (pic) / Unilorin Post Jamb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.