Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,311 members, 7,819,058 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:44 AM

UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] (4937 Views)

Raji Khalid Olatunji, 19-Year-Old UNILORIN First Class Graduand Of Sociology / Can I Still Graduate With a First Class? / Onoriode Aziza Has 3 First Class In Law From OAU, Law School & Cambridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by Ehinjuola: 7:45am On May 25, 2020
Thehumanlloydl:
Hello guys,
This is an interactive thread aimed at Nigerian undergraduate students, just to arouse our academic motives, since agreeably, the coronavirus pandemic is dulling ours in Nigeria.

So first of all, we'll introduce ourselves; Course of study, level, uni(if you wish) and probably our CGPA and plan to improve on them. Please no discrimination of any form, no making fun of CGPA's or universities/polytechnics. I believe students are more United than the rest of the populace.

The most important thing about this thread is getting us back on track to study our books and re-assess our strategies to improve our CGPA's
We begin;

Ehinju Ola
Forestry and Wood Tech.
400lvl
FUTA

1 Like

Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by Nobody: 9:03am On May 25, 2020
NDSMELODY:
telecom option
This is what I also have in mind, electronics.
Someone said it's even easier than power, do you think so?
Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by Nobody: 9:06am On May 25, 2020
NDSMELODY:
....it was not easy though i had B with rigorous reading then......i used theraja textbook too
I heard theraja is about 30k for hardcopy so man just uses PDF which is also about 68mb, so technically circuit theory will be the toughest milestone?
Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by Nobody: 9:14am On May 25, 2020
jeff35:

i hope ds thread bcums interactive
Sure
Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by Nobody: 9:16am On May 25, 2020
jeff35:
I'm a 300 level student at fupre studying electrical electronics engineering
cgpa 4.51

i love maths and am vry passionate abt my career

was three wks away from my 1st sem exams b4 d lockdown!

i hope ds thread bcums interactive
Elect just full here cool
Law faculty was three days away from 1st sem exam, while engineering- 1week.
Great cgpa, can you pls share how you got and are maintaining it with us

2 Likes

Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by Nobody: 9:21am On May 25, 2020
frankosivue:
Studying Computer Science and currently in 200L. 100L CGPA is 3.75 (had a bad first semester!). First class is still on the cards.

Let me add that I'm using this break to my advantage. Taking courses on Udemy and Educative.io (Educative is the best data friendly learning platform for me)
Nice course, the future. First class is still possible but it's study study study, no time to even do any side job. If you can get 4.8and4.7 this year two, then you've gotten urself back on track. Yeah I'm using Allison, taking a writing course.

2 Likes

Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by hollymolly66(m): 10:04am On May 25, 2020
Civil engineering
200l
ATBU Bauchi

I just got into 200l we haven't written any exams yet and my current cgpa is 4.40
I must confess I'm not a fan of calculation but i put in all my possible best to achieve this CGPA and I'm still willing to do my best in this 200l bcuz I'm aiming to graduate with First class honours by the special grace of God

2 Likes

Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by Nobody: 11:51am On May 25, 2020
hollymolly66:
Civil engineering
200l
ATBU Bauchi

I just got into 200l we haven't written any exams yet and my current cgpa is 4.40
I must confess I'm not a fan of calculation but i put in all my possible best to achieve this CGPA and I'm still willing to do my best in this 200l bcuz I'm aiming to graduate with First class honours by the special grace of God
Great CGPA, so technically you do well in theory and reading courses, lol I'm your opposite. I'm thinking how I'll even cram definitions for my upcoming online exams.
Can you share your study pattern on how you got 4.40?

1 Like

Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by neuroboy4: 12:42pm On May 25, 2020
I'm a 300Level student of computer science from a top federal university.
Current on 4.91 CGPA.
I'm great at maths (even though I had a B in a maths courses in year 1), physics, programming, computer science in general.
I have many goals, one of which is to finish as the overall best graduating student in the school (lol, even though I have friends still on 5.00)

For freshmen, I believe the best way to start well is to know yourself and tactics that work best for you. Some enjoy reading during the day, some can only assimilate at night. I personally like reading during the day and immediately after classes to stay up-to-date in case of impromptu tests. Don't forget to mingle with bright minds too, people who can encourage you to read (trust me, this helps a lot).

Lastly, trust God and everything will work in your favour.

9 Likes

Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by Nobody: 1:24pm On May 25, 2020
neuroboy4:
Current on 4.91 CGPA.
I'm great at maths (even though I had a B in a maths courses in year 1), physics, programming, computer science in general.
I have many goals, one of which is to finish as the overall best graduating student in the school (lol, even though I have friends still on 5.00)

For freshmen, I believe the best way to start well is to know yourself and tactics that work best for you. Some enjoy reading during the day, some can only assimilate at night. I personally like reading during the day and immediately after classes to stay up-to-date in case of impromptu tests. Don't forget to mingle with bright minds too, people who can encourage you to read (trust me, this helps a lot).

Very nice CGPA for comp sci, do you learn programming only in the classroom and study materials or you practice with off-school resources?
Some of my friends in comp sci usually have tough time year one and two, from three I think it gets easier right?
Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by neuroboy4: 1:47pm On May 25, 2020
Thehumanlloydl:

Very nice CGPA for comp sci, do you learn programming only in the classroom and study materials or you practice with off-school resources?
Some of my friends in comp sci usually have tough time year one and two, from three I think it gets easier right?
I would say both. Most lecturers taking programming courses always refer to materials given to set exam questions so it's mandatory for me to use classroom materials.
Aside classroom, I personally take online courses to strengthen my knowledge of programming (web development and machine learning to be specific).
For a course like computer sci, classroom knowledge of programming is not enough to be very good. I personally learned Java and Python even before we resumed the semester and the exams were like breeze.
Lol, comp sci is hardest in year 3 as your are going to be learning core CS concepts then becomes easier in yr 4 -> yr 5. You stop doing maths and physics in year 3.
For someone with good background in maths and physics, yr 1 and yr 2 shouldn't be problem as long as he/she is focused

2 Likes

Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by neuroboy4: 1:50pm On May 25, 2020
Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by success97: 2:01pm On May 25, 2020
NDSMELODY:
500l electrical engineering with CGPA of 4.05,i am begging God to graduate with this jejely because i have just one semester.

Surprisingly this was exactly what I graduated with.
When I was in yr 4 doing my IT I just prayed for it to be 4.00 sharp. I didn't want anything above or below that.
But anyway yr 5 came and I couldn't avoid improving my GP for my last session. U know that thing in your last session where the courses just becomes more easier to ace because of the experiences gained the previous years.

1 Like

Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by Dahunsi228(m): 2:21pm On May 25, 2020
300l TELECOMMUNICATION ENGINEERING FEDERAL UNI OF TECHNOLOGY MINNA CURRENT CGPA 4.35
Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by frankosivue(m): 4:52pm On May 25, 2020
Thehumanlloydl:

Nice course, the future. First class is still possible but it's study study study, no time to even do any side job. If you can get 4.8and4.7 this year two, then you've gotten urself back on track. Yeah I'm using Allison, taking a writing course.
Exactly. I'll need to study well for sure and I've made plans for that. About Allison, I don't know why I just don't have a thing for the platform. May be it's because I'm already comfortable with the learning platforms I'm using and so I see no need to try it out. Are you also studying Computer Science?

1 Like

Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by hollymolly66(m): 5:10pm On May 25, 2020
Thehumanlloydl:

Great CGPA, so technically you do well in theory and reading courses, lol I'm your opposite. I'm thinking how I'll even cram definitions for my upcoming online exams.
Can you share your study pattern on how you got 4.40?
well the thing is that i try my possible best to adapt to any kind of pattern. And i noticed that i can also cram a lot and I'm not sure if it's a good thing cuz most times i end up forgetting what i read after the exams.
And about my reading pattern i read when I really feel eased I don't force it. I'm not a fan of TDB lol

1 Like

Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by frankosivue(m): 5:16pm On May 25, 2020
neuroboy4:

I would say both. Most lecturers taking programming courses always refer to materials given to set exam questions so it's mandatory for me to use classroom materials.
Aside classroom, I personally take online courses to strengthen my knowledge of programming (web development and machine learning to be specific).
For a course like computer sci, classroom knowledge of programming is not enough to be very good. I personally learned Java and Python even before we resumed the semester and the exams were like breeze.
Lol, comp sci is hardest in year 3 as your are going to be learning core CS concepts then becomes easier in yr 4 -> yr 5. You stop doing maths and physics in year 3.
For someone with good background in maths and physics, yr 1 and yr 2 shouldn't be problem as long as he/she is focused

You're very correct. You must be in one of Nigeria's school of technology because that's the only place where CS is five years.
Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by hollymolly66(m): 5:18pm On May 25, 2020
I heard that in 500l or so as a civil engineering student one has to choose a particular field?
Please someone should enlighten me on this

1 Like

Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by jeff35(m): 5:30pm On May 25, 2020
Thehumanlloydl:

Elect just full here cool
Law faculty was three days away from 1st sem exam, while engineering- 1week.
Great cgpa, can you pls share how you got and are maintaining it with us

lol
its all GOD, with reading,crazy reading, some cool level of intell. and conc. Passion(jus read cus u love it, not 4 exams)

am in the most testing year of the course tho, with courses like circuit theory,electromagnetism and 3 oda 3 unit courses(out of 8 courses) to handle, all i pray 4 is divine help

2 Likes

Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by jeff35(m): 5:36pm On May 25, 2020
Dahunsi228:
300l TELECOMMUNICATION ENGINEERING FEDERAL UNI OF TECHNOLOGY MINNA CURRENT CGPA 4.35
futminna, the dream uni i never attended!

hws it there bro!
also hw is the course bn handled(like outlines, similarities with EEE)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by frankosivue(m): 5:44pm On May 25, 2020
hollymolly66:
Civil engineering
200l
ATBU Bauchi

Nice. I'm also a Balewite. You have to become a fan of calculations if you want to succeed in engineering especially in ATBU. No other way.

2 Likes

Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by frankosivue(m): 5:49pm On May 25, 2020
neuroboy4:
Current on 4.91 CGPA.

This is wonderful. May be we can connect since I'm also studying CS?
Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by Nobody: 5:54pm On May 25, 2020
frankosivue:
Exactly. I'll need to study well for sure and I've made plans for that. About Allison, I don't know why I just don't have a thing for the platform. May be it's because I'm already comfortable with the learning platforms I'm using and so I see no need to try it out. Are you also studying Computer Science?
Well I chose Allison cuz it has a simple UI, I'm studying Electrical Engineering, I'll eventually be going into Computer electronics option so I'm interested I'm CS.

1 Like

Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by Nobody: 5:57pm On May 25, 2020
hollymolly66:
well the thing is that i try my possible best to adapt to any kind of pattern. And i noticed that i can also cram a lot and I'm not sure if it's a good thing cuz most times i end up forgetting what i read after the exams.
And about my reading pattern i read when I really feel eased I don't force it. I'm not a fan of TDB lol
Well Personally, I don't see anything bad in cramming, I feel as engineering students we should be stronger in calculation and practical works, and then can cram definitions to get ~10%

1 Like

Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by frankosivue(m): 5:57pm On May 25, 2020
Thehumanlloydl:

Well I chose Allison cuz it has a simple UI, I'm studying Electrical Engineering, I'll eventually be going into Computer electronics option so I'm interested I'm CS.
That is good. All the best.

1 Like

Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by Nobody: 5:58pm On May 25, 2020
frankosivue:

Nice. You have to become a fan of calculations if you want to succeed in engineering. No other way.
Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by macnino399: 6:00pm On May 25, 2020
Computer Engineering
500level
CGPA= 4.41
I'm still yet to see my I.T results tho.
We pray for Grace!

2 Likes

Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by Nobody: 6:01pm On May 25, 2020
jeff35:

lol
its all GOD, with reading,crazy reading, some cool level of intell. and conc. Passion(jus read cus u love it, not 4 exams)

am in the most testing year of the course tho, with courses like circuit theory,electromagnetism and 3 oda 3 unit courses(out of 8 courses) to handle, all i pray 4 is divine help
Yeah when I go through my program handbook I just close my eyes when I see those tough course outlines lol. I hope you get a 5.0 tho

1 Like

Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by hollymolly66(m): 6:05pm On May 25, 2020
Thehumanlloydl:

Well Personally, I don't see anything bad in cramming, I feel as engineering students we should be stronger in calculation and practical works, and then can cram definitions to get ~10%
Thanks man �

1 Like

Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by Nobody: 6:06pm On May 25, 2020
macnino399:
Computer Engineering
500level
CGPA= 4.41
I'm still yet to see my I.T results tho.
We pray for Grace!
Yeah IT, another important part of Engineering, is the exam like normal school exam or the grading pattern Is different?
All the best
Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by hollymolly66(m): 6:08pm On May 25, 2020
frankosivue:

Nice. I'm also a Balewite. You have to become a fan of calculations if you want to succeed in engineering especially in ATBU. No other way.
Yeah that's what I'm going to do definitely
At least I'll be done with maths and calculation at 300l abi ?
Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by Dahunsi228(m): 6:09pm On May 25, 2020
jeff35:

futminna, the dream uni i never attended!

hws it there bro!
also hw is the course bn handled(like outlines, similarities with EEE)

EEE courses are our nightmare.... 100-300l, Telecom students offer all electrical courses and some computer engr courses.
The only Telecom courses we're doing in 300l are signals & system and Data communication......circuit theory make me hate school

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Neco 2011/2012 Results / The World's Finest Brains In One Photo / How Can One Retrieve His Neco Exam Number After Losing The Print Out?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.