Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,764 members, 7,824,203 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

COVID-19: Enugu Records Two More Cases - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: Enugu Records Two More Cases (5826 Views)

Covid-19: Enugu State Confirms Two Cases. Begins Contact Tracing / COVID-19: Enugu Govt Closes All Borders, Markets / Nigeria Records Two New Coronavirus Cases — Toll Now 42 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

COVID-19: Enugu Records Two More Cases by OEPHIUS(m): 4:20am On May 24, 2020
The Enugu State Ministry of Health wishes to give an update on the 2 more COVID-19 confirmed positive cases in the state as just announced by the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), as follows:

The total number of cases for Enugu State is now 18, with 10 active cases and 8 discharged.

The first new case (Case 17) is a 45-year-old male who hails from Igbo-Eze North LGA of Enugu State and lives in Lagos State but still managed to make his way to Enugu State on the 21st of May, 2020 despite the inter-state movement restriction.

Concerned members of his community alerted the health authorities, since he too was already ill, leading to his assessment and testing. His result returned positive for COVID-19 on the 23rd of May 2020.

The second new case (Case 18) is the 62-year-old Mother-in-Law of Case 16, who has become a positive contact. Case 16 as earlier reported, evaded the inter-state boundary restriction, all the way from Lagos State and across several other states (obviously assisted by unscrupulous individuals), to bury her recently deceased husband in their community in Igbo-Etiti LGA of Enugu State.

Evading or assisting anyone to evade the inter-state movement restriction, is unlawful, of no known benefit and has instead contributed to the rising number of COVID-19 positive cases in the state.

Such actions are militating against the measures put in place by the Enugu State Government to prevent the spread of the virus and should be discouraged by all well-meaning inhabitants of the state.

It is in our best interest to continue to comply with the directives of the Federal and Enugu State governments and the public health advisory of the Federal Ministry of Health, the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control, and the Enugu State Ministry of Health.

This is a time to encourage family members or friends, especially if ill, to remain where they are and seek health care.
To discourage family and friends who want to move the body of a deceased loved one several miles away in these times, for interment.
To stay at home when it is not absolutely necessary to go out.
Wear a facemask/covering whenever you must go out.
Keep a safe distance from other people at all times, which is social/physical distancing and avoid crowded places.
Practice good respiratory hygiene (when coughing or sneezing).
Clean surfaces with a 1 in 6 concentration of bleach and water.
Wash your hands with soap for 20 seconds under running water as often as possible.
And when facilities for handwashing are unavailable, sanitize your hands as often as possible using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer

When You do these, you protect me, and when I do these, I protect you.

Let us Stay Safe!

Signed
Dr. Obi Emmanuel Ikechukwu
Commissioner for Health, Enugu State.

Enugu State is in the hands of God! ##

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1165299017146995&id=100010007227700

Re: COVID-19: Enugu Records Two More Cases by Joefat: 5:43am On May 24, 2020
I guess that guy complaining about not having any new Covid 19 cases in SE should be Happy now.

However, I think someone is not telling the truth, is either NCDC or FG, moreover, I've being having some doubt in me maybe these covid 19 really exist in Nigeria.

Because the way this guys dropped the news just unbearable.

Wait a minute, it seems like I made FCT?

Yeeee!!! Who slapped me from back? grin

I dedicate this FCT to my fellow Nigerians who mistakenly packed with covid 19 patients instead of malaria.

May our good Lord heal our Land..

I hope Senu will ask for my Haza since I made FCT. grin

6 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Enugu Records Two More Cases by HQuadreal: 5:44am On May 24, 2020
Chai, i weak...

Re: COVID-19: Enugu Records Two More Cases by Fuckingmallam45(m): 5:44am On May 24, 2020
All's well.
Re: COVID-19: Enugu Records Two More Cases by Ent3rpreneur(m): 5:45am On May 24, 2020
[size=16
pt]God help us o. New cases, chai. But this thing is no more than a common cold, i think the major takeout is that it is communicable, because otherwise, our immune system is strong enough after the plethora of sicknesses we have been overcoming[/size]
Re: COVID-19: Enugu Records Two More Cases by Ipromote: 5:46am On May 24, 2020
Despite the Lockdown lol. Why can't there be sample collection at boundaries and 14 quarantine?

"Stopping advertising to save money is like stopping your watch to save time." - Henry Ford

See my siggy to Advertise on social media
Re: COVID-19: Enugu Records Two More Cases by Nobody: 5:47am On May 24, 2020
Just imagine!
Re: COVID-19: Enugu Records Two More Cases by TreasureTayo(m): 5:52am On May 24, 2020
It's well
Re: COVID-19: Enugu Records Two More Cases by Guliver(m): 6:00am On May 24, 2020
Malaria

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Enugu Records Two More Cases by idonhammer: 6:06am On May 24, 2020
Scammers

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Enugu Records Two More Cases by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:07am On May 24, 2020
Enugu state is in the hands of God.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Enugu Records Two More Cases by PureGoldh(m): 6:16am On May 24, 2020
I laugh in Swahili
Re: COVID-19: Enugu Records Two More Cases by Sacchi1162(m): 6:17am On May 24, 2020
Igbo Amaka

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Enugu Records Two More Cases by ismoney: 6:17am On May 24, 2020
All will be well. It won’t touch us by God’s Grace and mercy. We shall see the end.

God bless Enugu State.

God bless Nigeria.

God bless Israel.

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Enugu Records Two More Cases by Austineva(m): 6:19am On May 24, 2020
Wow!DL despite all d measures
Re: COVID-19: Enugu Records Two More Cases by Glorymax: 6:27am On May 24, 2020
Thanks for the update. Let them keep sneaking in and infecting others.
I know observing the lockdown totally is difficult due to our socio-economic status but it would have been better to abide by the rules, sacrifice our comfort to keep the society safe so we can bounce back fully.
The way it's going, the rest of the world might be free while we continue to live with it here
Re: COVID-19: Enugu Records Two More Cases by femtex007(m): 6:28am On May 24, 2020
Tt
Re: COVID-19: Enugu Records Two More Cases by crossfm: 6:28am On May 24, 2020
You see why I said this lockdown in Enugu state is just a waist of time.the people in Enugu are on lockdown yet its people who come from outside the state that brings in the virus into the state. Yet we see the governor wearing white on camera deceiving people in the name of securing the state.the social media governor just pose for pictures at the borders and moves strait to a restaurant to eat his favorite dish of swallow.we all know he don't joke with food.
The most painful part is that not only do people troops into the state,even dead body's were even smuggled into the state and the man with white couldn't even intercept the body.yet he is seen on pictures wearing white like wiliwili disturbing our eyes.

6 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Enugu Records Two More Cases by jericco1(m): 6:31am On May 24, 2020
The earlier you guys come to terms with this Covid 19 the better. If the same energy was channeled to malaria, we would have gotten a cure for that but what do I know undecided
Re: COVID-19: Enugu Records Two More Cases by GrammarNazi1(m): 6:39am On May 24, 2020
Joefat:
I guess that guy complaining about not having any new Covid 19 cases in SE should be Happy now.

However, I think someone is not telling the truth, is either NCDC or FG, moreover, I've being having some doubt in me maybe these covid 19 really exist in Nigeria.

I dedicate this FCT to my fellow Nigerians who mistakenly packed with covid 19 patients instead of malaria.

...FCT or FTC?

4 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Enugu Records Two More Cases by Edusouls(m): 6:40am On May 24, 2020
Obey the simplest rule we can’t, everybody is sneaking around like snake from far away state into Enugu in the name of indigene, no problem when it it would explode now then we will start blaming Enugu State government and start disturbing God that’s relaxing peaceful in his house, then we would know that corona virus doesn’t know indigene..
Re: COVID-19: Enugu Records Two More Cases by Jakemedg(m): 6:45am On May 24, 2020
Joefat:

Wait a minute,it seems like I made FCT ? Yeeee!!! Who slapped me from back? I dedicate this FCT to my fellow Nigerians who mistakenly packed with covid 19 patients instead of malaria. What's FCT ? So you are one of the ignoramus who still doubt covid 19 existence

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Enugu Records Two More Cases by Futuragetty: 6:55am On May 24, 2020
Ndi Nsukka Asadu didn't ask for this. How could they be that stupid? I have the option of going home, But I choose to stay back and not put my kindred at risk of contracting this virus, since I don't know my status.
Chukwuabiama Chere umu Nsukka Asadu Ideke Alumona niilee niileee....
Re: COVID-19: Enugu Records Two More Cases by betterman22(m): 6:58am On May 24, 2020
Covid 19 is not a joke

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Enugu Records Two More Cases by PotatoSalad(m): 7:04am On May 24, 2020
The description of the patients kills me every time grin grin
I need to see the look on the face of OP whenever he creates his threads.
Scammers

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Enugu Records Two More Cases by Caleb17: 7:17am On May 24, 2020
The borders in Enugu State are very porous. Enugu is one of the easiest state to enter into during this lockdown. I even pity the Governor. He is so confused.
Re: COVID-19: Enugu Records Two More Cases by sojdson: 7:38am On May 24, 2020
I don't think it is possible to completely wipe out COVID 19. We are in the hand of God. Two week lockdown became two months, I hope it will not be two years.
Re: COVID-19: Enugu Records Two More Cases by DammyLucy(f): 7:53am On May 24, 2020
Investnow2017:

Scam Skill

The ones who have purchased the video course will strongly disagree with you... I carefully select those skill cos they are the most in-demand and highest paying. Do ur research, as a Aws cloud architect you can earn nothing less than 40m per year, same with cybersecurity, data science e.t.c Do your research bro. God bless you

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tips For Getting Pink Lips / FELONY CHARGES: Court Acquits Four Hospital Staff (Press Statement Attached) / How Abortion Is Performed (Warning Contains Disturbing Pictures).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.