Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,875 members, 7,821,047 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

How Do I Unclog The Drain? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How Do I Unclog The Drain? (1309 Views)

Diy Tractor Drain Digger Machine Science Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Unclog The Drain? by NisforNicky: 5:20am On May 24, 2020
Good morning, everyone.
The drain in my bathroom has been clogged for some time and I'm unable to get a plumber to come take a look, due to the lockdown.
I want to know if there's anyway to unclog it myself.

Yesterday, I put some salt (to kill the bacteria) and poured a little quantity of boiling water. Not much changed.

It's causing me serious discomfort as bathwater gathers on the floor for up to half an hour before draining.

Mods pls help me push to front page for prompt response.

lalasticlala Ishilove mynd44 seun
Re: How Do I Unclog The Drain? by NisforNicky: 5:22am On May 24, 2020
attached below is a photo of the drain.

Re: How Do I Unclog The Drain? by benzion72(m): 8:07pm On May 24, 2020
Go to the back of the house you will see a small round cover like the attached picture, remove it and get a long rod, pass it inside and remove the clog and return the cover

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Unclog The Drain? by lanchy: 6:05am On May 25, 2020
Baking Soda and Hydrogen Peroxide mixture, pure it down the drain after mixing well, it will dissolve anything organic and leave your piping intact!
Re: How Do I Unclog The Drain? by NisforNicky: 9:32am On May 25, 2020
benzion72:
Go to the back of the house you will see a small round cover like the attached picture, remove it and get a long rod, pass it inside and remove the clog and return the cover

Thank you so much for replying. I will check this out.
Re: How Do I Unclog The Drain? by NisforNicky: 9:34am On May 25, 2020
lanchy:
Baking Soda and Hydrogen Peroxide mixture, pure it down the drain after mixing well, it will dissolve anything organic and leave your piping intact!

Thank you so much.
I'll go get the items and try this.......

Do I mix them in a 1:1 equal part ratio?
Re: How Do I Unclog The Drain? by lanchy: 12:41pm On May 25, 2020
https://greenerideal.com/guides/4-ways-to-unclog-a-drain-naturally/

Mix a cup of hydrogen peroxide with a tablespoon of baking soda. Pour this mixture down your drain and let it foam. This should help to break up the clog and clear your drain.

For the record,, I use more than a tablespoon of baking soda!

NisforNicky:

Thank you so much.
I'll go get the items and try this..

Do I mix them in a 1:1 equal part ratio?
Re: How Do I Unclog The Drain? by IamAsiri: 1:42pm On May 25, 2020
It's easy. Get a long rod or if you have a metal hanger you can straighten that head a little bit to form a hook and push it through one of the holes in the white plastic cover. Pull out and clean off the dirts on the cover and also in the exposed hole, pour hot water to unclog and replace the cover.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Unclog The Drain? by stagger: 8:15pm On May 25, 2020
IamAsiri:
It's easy. Get a long rod or if you have a metal hanger you can straighten that head a little bit to form a hook and push it through one of the holes in the white plastic cover. Pull out and clean off the dirts on the cover and also in the exposed hole, pour hot water to unclog and replace the cover.

I have used this method and it worked perfectly where the baking soda option failed, In my case, it was a new building and cement clogged the pipe.
Re: How Do I Unclog The Drain? by NisforNicky: 8:50pm On May 25, 2020
lanchy:

https://greenerideal.com/guides/4-ways-to-unclog-a-drain-naturally/

Mix a cup of hydrogen peroxide with a tablespoon of baking soda. Pour this mixture down your drain and let it foam. This should help to break up the clog and clear your drain.

For the record,, I use more than a tablespoon of baking soda!

thanks a lot.
I'll update you on my progress..
smiley
Re: How Do I Unclog The Drain? by NisforNicky: 8:52pm On May 25, 2020
IamAsiri:

Hmmn
I will try this.
but
I hear pouring hot water consistently is bad for PVC pipes....
Re: How Do I Unclog The Drain? by Nobody: 7:42am On May 26, 2020
..Get a plunger.. Go to any plumbing shop and ask for a plunger.
It's something every bathroom ought to get.. I think it's 500h and ur problem is solve.
N.B : even if u call a plumber that's the first thing he will try
Re: How Do I Unclog The Drain? by Pavore9: 8:31am On May 26, 2020
stinflame:
..Get a plunger.. Go to any plumbing shop and ask for a plunger.
It's something every bathroom ought to get.. I think it's 500h and ur problem is solve.
N.B : even if u call a plumber that's the first thing he will try

You are right, it works wonders.

Re: How Do I Unclog The Drain? by IamAsiri: 10:42am On May 31, 2020
NisforNicky:

Hmmn
I will try this.
but
I hear pouring hot water consistently is bad for PVC pipes....

It shouldn't be a consistent thing like you rightly said. It should be occasional.
Re: How Do I Unclog The Drain? by NisforNicky: 11:38pm On Jun 02, 2020
the drain has been unclogged!
cheesy

hot water + opening the cover + adequate scrubbing and sweeping of black matter did the trick.

I couldn't get hydrogen peroxide, else that was best bet. Couldn't also get a plunger yet, bit it is on my mind.

thank.you everyone.
God bless!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian stone free Rice / Moringa Seed And Pk Nut Needed / Agriculture | The Way Forward

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.