Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

Let's See How Well You Have Read James Hardley Chase's Books. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Let's See How Well You Have Read James Hardley Chase's Books. (145 Views)

What Is The Funniest Real Life Story You Have Read Or Heard? / Need James Hardley Chase Novels In Lagos / How Old Are You On Nairaland, Screenshot Your Profile Let's See The Pioneers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Let's See How Well You Have Read James Hardley Chase's Books. by MannyE(m): 1:09pm On May 24, 2020
24 May, 2020.
Dear CADE,
I wonder if this will get to you before it's too late; nevertheless, I had to scribble some things down as quickly as possible. Remember Carol Blandish of THE FLESH OF THE ORCHID; the one you took some pictures of, she's gone missing again, and it has been reported that she was last seen with you. A huge bounty has been staked on you for anyone with your whereabouts.
Your girl EVE has been talking lately how urgently she needs money to pay herself out of Baird. I'm afraid she will talk sooner rather than later all your hideouts. She's always in for the FAST BUCK! I've warned you about her but you won't have it-YOU NEVER KNOW WITH WOMEN...she'll squeal!
It wonders me more now how you have taken a great interest in her after recking your illustrious career...YOU MUST BE KIDDING thinking that you'd settle down with her! She's become THE SOFT CENTRE in your life. I don't have anything to do with EVE; it's you I have something with. Remember how she has destroyed many strong men; you're her next PAW IN THE BOTTLE, or JUST ANOTHER SUCKER to her.
I'd suggest if you WANT TO STAY ALIVE, HAVE A CHANGE OF SCENE or YOU CONSIDER YOURSELF DEAD. You don't have to be seen openly cause you are NOT SAFE TO BE FREE for now. I don't need to remind you that YOU'RE LONELY WHEN YOU'RE DEAD and THE DEAD STAY DUMB. I don't know how long you'll be in the hiding, and even if you have BUT A SHORT TIME TO LIVE, be patient. I will think of a way out.
Come to think of it; is Carol truly with you? If yes, why are you keeping her? How long do you think you will keep her there without being noticed? Remember, THE GOLD FISH HAVE NO HIDING PLACE. If she's with you, you had better keep her safe and well because there will be NO ORCHIDS FOR MISS BLANDISH if she's found anything less than well.
To say how serious this is is an understatement. Everybody wants to cash out on the bounty placed; even there are some HIPPIES ON THE HIGHWAY raiding any vehicle they see. THIS IS FOR REAL, Val.
I know you will be wondering how I know so much...I've always got AN EAR TO THE GROUND; I see, I hear, and I'm told. If I can't do something from here soon then you will have TO FIGURE IT OUT FOR YOURSELF. I'm doing this for you because this is one of THE THINGS MEN DO for other men. Besides, if I don't do this, it will be A SUCKER PUNCH should A CAN OF WORMS be opened! SO WHAT HAPPENS TO ME if (I'm scared to write 'when') you are caught (or even killed)? So, you see why I'll do anything to MAKE THE CORPSE WALK to protect you? I'm really worried because there is always a detective Lepsky whose wife will go to any length to see that her husband cracks the hardest cases to get promoted by watching how MISS SHUNWAY WAVES A WAND. Well, you must do everything to stay faraway and safe from people. Everyone from now on must be TRUSTED LIKE THE FOX! Don't leave any trace behind if not it will be like 'THAT'S THE WAY THE COOKIE CRUMBLES' story!

Yours troubled,
MALLORY.

(1) (Reply)

Rivers State News: Govnor Wike Cancel Lockdown For Port Harcourt And Obio-akpor / Buhari Never Reversed Appointments, 150 Memo By Late Abba Kyari – Garba Shehu / Cases Of COVID-19 In Nigeria Exceeds 10,000.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.