Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,816 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

May D: While Living With P'square, I Slept On TV Carton In Their Boys Quarters - Celebrities (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / May D: While Living With P'square, I Slept On TV Carton In Their Boys Quarters (86658 Views)

Peter Pquare- I Do Not Have To Be At End Sars Protests Because I Am Wealthy / P'square: Peter And Paul Okoye Split Finally (Details Of The Breakup) / Lola Omotayo Breaks Silence On "Using Juju To Split P'square's Family" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: May D: While Living With P'square, I Slept On TV Carton In Their Boys Quarters by Eteka1(m): 10:37am On May 25, 2020
See how these musicians deceive our youth? You won't believe that this guy woke up from sleep on a TV carton to sing "Chop my money" with P Square.

1 Like

Re: May D: While Living With P'square, I Slept On TV Carton In Their Boys Quarters by Onitola2: 10:38am On May 25, 2020
Benevento:

What is this one saying?
talking in the nonsense
Re: May D: While Living With P'square, I Slept On TV Carton In Their Boys Quarters by Rodwave: 10:59am On May 25, 2020
Myhusband:
Jude is surely a devil reincarnate agent. some people no matter how many time you stay under them, you can never thrive

you must have a proactive instinct to observed and discovered that on time

But mayD thrived under psquare naa. What are you saying? For the fact that they didn't treat him well doesn't mean that he did not thrive under them.
Re: May D: While Living With P'square, I Slept On TV Carton In Their Boys Quarters by Rodwave: 11:02am On May 25, 2020
DSoj:
I lived in Omole estate close to dem p.square house, what May D said is very true. The Okoye boys are so mean, rude and arrogant. Jude their elder brother is worse. They dont wanna see anyone around them grow cos its like U are competing with them and they think they'll lose that control over you, especially artistes; Ask J Martins also. I can mention artistes and producers that used to go and beg them, even producers begging them to produce free for them just to get noticed.
There were many artistes and producers living in Omole that sought one help one way or the other, they see every other person as a parasite and look down on everybody except you are already in their class.
The same arrogance is what ended their family and brotherhood.

Money is dangerous in the hands of unenlightened people.

1 Like

Re: May D: While Living With P'square, I Slept On TV Carton In Their Boys Quarters by Godmademan(m): 11:13am On May 25, 2020
Truthbites:

My dear, I don't give info without confirming or out of the blues. Use Google. Waje in an interview said Jude and Co never informed her they were going to shoot 'do me' in South Africa. Can u Google the phrase ' was Waje in Psquare do me video? ' then tell me the result. Pls done type Wake oooo'..it will give u another result..just type Waje
Is she not the lady on white? The first pix is a screenshot from the DO ME video

Re: May D: While Living With P'square, I Slept On TV Carton In Their Boys Quarters by ofiko123(m): 11:24am On May 25, 2020
nairaman66:
As long as you were not forced to do that at gun point we don’t care. When the good was going, you didn’t tell us.

Abi..no mind am.
Re: May D: While Living With P'square, I Slept On TV Carton In Their Boys Quarters by biggy26: 11:52am On May 25, 2020
ednut1:
even poor students or poor artisans had accounts. Gtb na free
May D no know that one o.
Re: May D: While Living With P'square, I Slept On TV Carton In Their Boys Quarters by Coolabbie: 12:27pm On May 25, 2020
Godmademan:
Is she not the lady on white? The first pix is a screenshot from the DO ME video
That's not Waje
Re: May D: While Living With P'square, I Slept On TV Carton In Their Boys Quarters by Truthbites: 1:07pm On May 25, 2020
Godmademan:

https://thenet.ng/i-felt-very-sad-not-featuring-in-psquares-do-me-video-waje/
Re: May D: While Living With P'square, I Slept On TV Carton In Their Boys Quarters by deltaprincess(f): 1:09pm On May 25, 2020
Heistman:
well, you're very right,he did tagged along without signing a formal contract , it's normal musicians desperate level grin ...but they did used him still..cos they wouldn't have carried him along or allowed him in their house if the guy has no talent..it's more like giving someone a tiny piece of fish to collect their whole loaf of bread..
MayD is with his own shortcomings definitely ,mayb greedy as Jude painted him but still, let's call a spade a spade... Them psquare are the bigger thief and unfortunately ,it's almost same with most record labels in Nigeria..they would milk u dry and start calling big audio figures they invested on u after your eyes open...u into music??
Record label is not a charitable home.

He would have remained on the streets without tagging along with P-Sqaure.

P-Square paid their dues. But MayD felt too big to pay his.

Jude sacrificed hus career and sold hus cars to build his brothers brand after they were axed by Timbuktu records.

Let's be logical here!!
Re: May D: While Living With P'square, I Slept On TV Carton In Their Boys Quarters by Tombrown3(m): 1:13pm On May 25, 2020
Sirjendon:

ur fada first son.

The one who gave birth to your grandmother abi?
Re: May D: While Living With P'square, I Slept On TV Carton In Their Boys Quarters by Nobody: 2:20pm On May 25, 2020
deltaprincess:

Record label is not a charitable home.

He would have remained on the streets without tagging along with P-Sqaure.

P-Square paid their dues. But MayD felt too big to pay his.

Jude sacrificed hus career and sold hus cars to build his brothers brand after they were axed by Timbuktu records.

Let's be logical here!!
lol.....u don't really know how the music stuff work.
Of cause , Record label is not a charitable home but still cause u wan help me doesn't mean u should rip me off or make my life unbearable...
One of the major problems we have in Nigeria here is not following protocols and greediness..
For example
I have a friend who got a job recently through a big man in the same office...part of the deal is to sacrifice some of the good incentives that came with the job to the man... Please how's that right?

Same with record label...fine ,they pick u among so many artists out there...and it's really a great favour if u ask me but still , if they are not sure u really have something to offer back,they won't dare invest in your career ....

Most Nigerian Record labels are synonymous to evil and greediness combined
They act like angel to the public but devil in disguise...
Re: May D: While Living With P'square, I Slept On TV Carton In Their Boys Quarters by afroxyz: 6:17pm On May 25, 2020
Martinez39s:
If you don't know something, shut up. Do you think I don't know how the apprenticeship (precisely what ibos call "boy-boy" ) thing works? What are you teaching someone for 12yrs? Do you think apprenticeship is just teaching people about business? Go and meet people that are into the apprenticeship stuff, and ask if 50k after 12yrs isn't wickedness? 50k is more or less than the monthly upkeep of many university students. There is a reason why people celebrate when an apprentice is finally settled: they celebrate because the apprentice is finally given enough cash to start his own business and go about his life. That's how apprenticeship is; that has been the rules from the onset. Even if you are a business guru, a net-worth of 50k can't do shit. By the time you buy something to eat and pay transport, the 50k is gone. Business knowledge is not a guarantee that you will make it; life no be beans, business knowledge is not a magic wand.

Get your facts right.

Oga you know nothing. It's your type that expects your employers to fulfil your financial desire.

1 Like

Re: May D: While Living With P'square, I Slept On TV Carton In Their Boys Quarters by Martinez39s(m): 6:55pm On May 25, 2020
afroxyz:
Oga you know nothing. It's your type that expects your employers to fulfil your financial desire.
You know nothing. I can never expect my employers to fulfill my financial desires; every job you are hired for is based on some mutual agreement between employer and employee. If one doesn't like one's job of 40k/month, one can endure/continue or start hunting for another job. As for the apprenticeship stuff, you know nothing. Go and do your research, ask from those who have been apprentices, and ask from those who have apprentices. Perhaps the apprenticeship you are talking about is different from the "boy-boy" apprenticeship I am talking about (which is what the discussion is all about from the onset). Good day.
Re: May D: While Living With P'square, I Slept On TV Carton In Their Boys Quarters by deltaprincess(f): 9:19pm On May 25, 2020
Heistman:
lol.....u don't really know how the music stuff work.
Of cause , Record label is not a charitable home but still cause u wan help me doesn't mean u should rip me off or make my life unbearable...
One of the major problems we have in Nigeria here is not following protocols and greediness..
For example
I have a friend who got a job recently through a big man in the same office...part of the deal is to sacrifice some of the good incentives that came with the job to the man... Please how's that right?

Same with record label...fine ,they pick u among so many artists out there...and it's really a great favour if u ask me but still , if they are not sure u really have something to offer back,they won't dare invest in your career ....

Most Nigerian Record labels are synonymous to evil and greediness combined
They act like angel to the public but devil in disguise...

It seems you don't understand how things work.

Musicians are the greedy ones. Do you know hiw it cost to promote a song on air waves? Its a whole lot more expensive than making the Video.

Musicians tend to hastenly break up the moment they break even with some few millions.

That is why Record Labels tend to make sure their investments are secured in the shortest possible time.

How would you call someone Greedy after investing millions on you ?

Doesn't he have the right to get his money back?

You need to think like an investor to be able to understand such modalities. And not as a mere fan.
Re: May D: While Living With P'square, I Slept On TV Carton In Their Boys Quarters by Nobody: 10:06pm On May 25, 2020
deltaprincess:

It seems you don't understand how things work.

Musicians are the greedy ones. Do you know hiw it cost to promote a song on air waves? Its a whole lot more expensive than making the Video.

Musicians tend to hastenly break up the moment they break even with some few millions.

That is why Record Labels tend to make sure their investments are secured in the shortest possible time.

How would you call someone Greedy after investing millions on you ?

Doesn't he have the right to get his money back?

You need to think like an investor to be able to understand such modalities. And not as a mere fan.
well am a actually a producer ,and I'm on a label myself and I understand how the system works more than u.....u getting my points Totally wrong..I don't have problem with labels Making their money back ,the deal is not always fair, 99% of time , they always take advantage of upcoming artists naivety and desperacy ...I repeat ,no label will spend big on u, if are with no potential, and yea of cause there are greedy artists out there ...but the bigger thieves are record label owners..if u are in the system, u would understand better...if u notice, we have more independent artists nowadays more than we have in past....if u understand the business part of music you're better off any label..there are lots of underground artists u probably don't even know of making cool money in music without help of nobody ,even the MayD you castigating here is doing very fine without the spotlight...
Label will spend 5# on u and rake in #50,000 and be giving u 2kobo monthly... Let trouble start den go analze how the 5# suppose don yield Dem 5million say u don cost dem 4.9m 50k grin
Re: May D: While Living With P'square, I Slept On TV Carton In Their Boys Quarters by deltaprincess(f): 10:38pm On May 25, 2020
Heistman:
well am a actually a producer ,and I'm on a label myself and I understand how the system works more than u.....u getting my points Totally wrong..I don't have problem with labels Making their money back ,the deal is not always fair, 99% of time , they always take advantage of upcoming artists naivety and desperacy ...I repeat ,no label will spend big on u, if are with no potential, and yea of cause there are greedy artists out there ...but the bigger thieves are record label owners..if u are in the system, u would understand better...if u notice, we have more independent artists nowadays more than we have in past....if u understand the business part of music you're better off any label..there are lots of underground artists u probably don't even know of making cool money in music without help of nobody ,even the MayD you castigating here is doing very fine without the spotlight...
Label will spend 5# on u and rake in #50,000 and be giving u 2kobo monthly... Let trouble start den go analze how the 5# suppose don yield Dem 5million say u don cost dem 4.9m 50k grin

Your analysis is rather crude. It appears you don't understand the intricacies of building a brand and maintaining it. It is a professional development and not some simple task.

It almost impossible for artists to blow by themselves if they don't have the needed resources in showbiz.

Take a look at MayD do you think in his entire life he would have reached the level he is now without the influence of Jude?

If he was humble, he would have been one of the biggest artists in Nigeria today.

The biggest problem artists have is ignorance and greed. When you are signed a 5 years contract, after 2 years you think you have the connection and capital to make yourself. But you forget that you are not a business person, instead of investing, you are buying cars, houses, traveling abroad etc...

The Nigerian mentality comes in and the artists wants to be everything. In a norm society, a professional body is needed to brand and promote the artist.

But in Nigeria illiteracy, ignorance and greed comes in...
Only very few artists are able to make it big alone.

Music is a global business and not a road side kiosk. You need professionals to get things done moving forward.
Re: May D: While Living With P'square, I Slept On TV Carton In Their Boys Quarters by Nobody: 10:48pm On May 25, 2020
deltaprincess:

Your analysis is rather crude. It appears you don't understand the intricacies of building a brand and maintaining it. It is a professional development and not some simple task.

It almost impossible for artists to blow by themselves if they don't have the needed resources in showbiz.

Take a look at MayD do you think in his entire life he would have reached the level he is now without the influence of Jude?

If he was humble, he would have been one of the biggest artists in Nigeria today.

The biggest problem artists have is ignorance and greed. When you are signed a 5 years contract, after 2 years you think you have the connection and capital to make yourself. But you forget that you are not a business person, instead of investing, you are buying cars, houses, traveling abroad etc...

The Nigerian mentality comes in and the artists wants to be everything. In a norm society, a professional body is needed to brand and promote the artist.

But in Nigeria illiteracy, ignorance and greed comes in...
Only very few artists are able to make it big alone.

Music is a global business and not a road side kiosk. You need professionals to get things done moving forward.
well like I said, if you're in the system, you'll understand better...
Re: May D: While Living With P'square, I Slept On TV Carton In Their Boys Quarters by DonroxyII: 9:12pm On May 26, 2020
Re: May D: While Living With P'square, I Slept On TV Carton In Their Boys Quarters by Truthbites: 8:51am On May 27, 2020
Godmademan:

My dear friend, hi...I want to go to Waje's Instagram or Twitter handle to ask her this question. I pray she replies or anyone who is aware. Then I will screen grab and tell you Waje's response. I'm 1million percent sure Waje wasn't invited to South Africa, no credit was given to her. Instead, Jude used some girls to mimic her part of the song. Do you believe me now that Waje wasn't in the video? Busy body and do me?
Re: May D: While Living With P'square, I Slept On TV Carton In Their Boys Quarters by Songlyricsplace: 10:50am On May 27, 2020
Re: May D: While Living With P'square, I Slept On TV Carton In Their Boys Quarters by Godmademan(m): 2:24pm On May 27, 2020
Truthbites:

My dear friend, hi...I want to go to Waje's Instagram or Twitter handle to ask her this question. I pray she replies or anyone who is aware. Then I will screen grab and tell you Waje's response. I'm 1million percent sure Waje wasn't invited to South Africa, no credit was given to her. Instead, Jude used some girls to mimic her part of the song. Do you believe me now that Waje wasn't in the video? Busy body and do me?
Its actually not my business
Re: May D: While Living With P'square, I Slept On TV Carton In Their Boys Quarters by Truthbites: 6:11pm On May 27, 2020
Godmademan:
Its actually not my business

Lol
Re: May D: While Living With P'square, I Slept On TV Carton In Their Boys Quarters by Nobody: 4:44pm On May 29, 2020
Re: May D: While Living With P'square, I Slept On TV Carton In Their Boys Quarters by emmaodet: 6:32pm On May 29, 2020
pstmikol1:

Sorry for quoting you here, i really need your help sir. The lockdown met me at school and my food is down now, i phone my parent but they said no money as a result of the lockdown. If you need any proof pls ask me for it.
Please sir, pity me and anything will be greatly appreciated sir.

Bro, i don't know you but tbh, i don't like the way you pester me for money. This is not how i operate, i pick people randomly depending on how my spirit directs me. Yours is to inform me about your situation and mine is to determine if am to help or not without forcing it.
I have helped 3 nairalanders quietly this week alone with 30k without them pestering me. Your pestering me is a turn off and tbh, i don't feel like helping you.
Bye
Re: May D: While Living With P'square, I Slept On TV Carton In Their Boys Quarters by Nobody: 10:07pm On May 29, 2020
Toh
Re: May D: While Living With P'square, I Slept On TV Carton In Their Boys Quarters by Songlyricsplace: 5:28am On May 31, 2020
Re: May D: While Living With P'square, I Slept On TV Carton In Their Boys Quarters by Nobody: 12:41pm On May 31, 2020
Tombrown3:

you just ask a question, but not!
Re: May D: While Living With P'square, I Slept On TV Carton In Their Boys Quarters by Nobody: 12:41pm On May 31, 2020
Tombrown3:

you just ask a question, but not!

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Afrocandy Slams Yoruba Boys And Their Small eggplants [PICS] / Jim Iyke And Onyi Alex Sex Scene Got Celebrities, Fans Talking / Pretty Mike Bathes With Ladies In Bathroom. Shares Video On Instagram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.