Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,741 members, 7,824,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

Honda Civic 2007 First Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda Civic 2007 First Car (1748 Views)

Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner / When Did You Buy Your First Car And How Much Was It? / Toyota Corolla 2007 Vs Honda Civic 2007 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honda Civic 2007 First Car by Princecanada: 2:51pm On May 24, 2020
I am about to pay for a Nigeria used Honda Civic 2007. The owner said car is in good shape and only issue is the AC compressor. Should I be worried about the AC not working, can it be fixed, and how much will it cost me to fix? Are there other things I need to check in the car or questions I I should ask? This is going to be my first car. I almost paid for a benz C240 recently but had to back out of the deal. How much do you think is good price for a Nigeria used Civic 2007 with over 200k mileage?
Re: Honda Civic 2007 First Car by umbo: 3:04pm On May 24, 2020
a lot u need to check bro , do u have a trustworthy mechanic , if yea engage in his services

1 Like

Re: Honda Civic 2007 First Car by Princecanada: 3:17pm On May 24, 2020
umbo:
a lot u need to check bro , do u have a trustworthy mechanic , if yea engage in his services

Many thanks Sir. Will try to do that.
Re: Honda Civic 2007 First Car by dicksonadams(m): 4:20pm On May 24, 2020
Nigeria secondhand car sellers and "Ac just needs gas topping" , they no dey always like top am themself else even if making the Ac work will help them make more money in term of bargain,

Go with a mechanic and am Ac repair expert for Honda Civic
Re: Honda Civic 2007 First Car by dhejykeane: 5:05pm On May 24, 2020
If the car was bought brand new in Nigeria and has over 200k miles I'll advice you to stay far away from it. That car is very sensitive and most Nigerians lack adequte maintenance

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Honda Civic 2007 First Car by Galil: 5:07pm On May 24, 2020
Princecanada:
I am about to pay for a Nigeria used Honda Civic 2007. The owner said car is in good shape and only issue is the AC compressor. Should I be worried about the AC not working, can it be fixed, and how much will it cost me to fix? Are there other things I need to check in the car or questions I I should ask? This is going to be my first car. I almost paid for a benz C240 recently but had to back out of the deal. How much do you think is good price for a Nigeria used Civic 2007 with over 200k mileage?
It could be more than the compressor, it could be the condenser, it could be the evaporator, it could be pipes.
So make sure you put the cost of the above listed into consideration when negotiating.
Re: Honda Civic 2007 First Car by dheilaw1(m): 11:45pm On May 24, 2020
Black leather seat 2008 Hyundai sonata for sale..... 08035115335
Re: Honda Civic 2007 First Car by Lexusgs430: 5:25am On May 25, 2020
dicksonadams:
Nigeria secondhand car sellers and "Ac just needs gas topping" , they no dey always like top am themself else even if making the Ac work will help them make more money in term of bargain,

Go with a mechanic and am Ac repair expert for Honda Civic

The simple reason is, at some point. They had made enquiries, but cost was higher than gas filling......

So they tell a convenient lie, when it's time to sell ........ smiley
Re: Honda Civic 2007 First Car by Princecanada: 6:31am On May 26, 2020
I saw a post on nairaland that got me confused. I learnt that the American spec of the Civic has parts more readily available than the Japanese counterpart. I want to know how true that is before going ahead with the purchase.

The pics are attached below. First is the Japanese spec, and second American spec.
Re: Honda Civic 2007 First Car by Princecanada: 6:41am On May 26, 2020
Japanese spec

Re: Honda Civic 2007 First Car by Princecanada: 6:44am On May 26, 2020
American spec

Re: Honda Civic 2007 First Car by dicksonadams(m): 7:59am On May 26, 2020
Princecanada:
I saw a post on nairaland that got me confused. I learnt that the American spec of the Civic has parts more readily available than the Japanese counterpart. I want to know how true that is before going ahead with the purchase.

The pics are attached below. First is the Japanese spec, and second American spec.

Very true

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Is It Possible To Get A Car Loan To Start Uber Business? / Please Help! My Corolla Sport 2003 Model Jerks. When I Put It In Reverse / Leaking Sun Roof

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.