Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,455 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Communications Minister Sends Gunmen To Chase Abike Dabiri-erewa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Communications Minister Sends Gunmen To Chase Abike Dabiri-erewa (947 Views)

Everybody Was Afraid Of Spraying Money Including Me - Abike Dabiri-Erewa (Video) / Isa Pantami: Presidency's Statement On Campaign Against Communications Minister / Why Abike Dabiri Attacked Pantami, Communications Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Communications Minister Sends Gunmen To Chase Abike Dabiri-erewa by maupe: 5:43pm On May 24, 2020
BY SAHARAREPORTERS
NEW YORK
MAY 24, 2020

Abike Dabiri-Erewa, Chairman/Chief Executive Officer of Nigerians in Diaspora Commission, has narrated how gunmen chased staff of the commission from office on the orders of Isa Ali Pantami, Minister of Communications and Digital Economy.
Dabiri-Erewa made this known while highlighting the challenges of NIDCOM since it was established.

The former lawmaker said her commission no longer had a space to work from after Pantami ordered gunmen to throw them out from an office the Nigeria Communication Commission gave to them.

In a video posted on the website of NIDCOM and tweeted by Dabiri-Erewa on Sunday, she said, “The office we got, given to us by NCC but we were actually driven away by the Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Mr Isa Pantami, within two days, they drove us out with guns and what happened? The place was given to us by NCC.

“You know we all help each other, NCC as an agency of government, said there is a place you can use to settle in, and just as we settled in, I was in Ethiopia when I got a call. I thought that it was a joke. I came back from Ethiopia on Thursday, this happened on Tuesday, by Friday when I went to the office, guns, armed men had taken over the place. I thought it was a joke, but here is the thing, I’m a government employee, so is he. It’s a government business.

“I have complained officially but we let it be. He wants the place, let him take it. That place is still there, a whole floor is still vacant. As I speak with you, all our items are locked up. I don’t have computer, I don’t have printers, everything has been locked up.

“So after COVID-19, we are hoping that we can get a space and move in. These things locked are personal printers, personal laptops of our very dedicated staff because when you are just starting a lot of things are not there.”
http://saharareporters.com/2020/05/24/nigerias-communication-minister-pantami-asks-gunmen-chase-abike-dabiri-erewa-other-nidcom
Re: Communications Minister Sends Gunmen To Chase Abike Dabiri-erewa by Karlifate: 5:44pm On May 24, 2020
Lawlessness at its peak!

The same Isa Ali Pantami that wants to mine people's data the other day.

Power is Transient & Justice is Eternal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Communications Minister Sends Gunmen To Chase Abike Dabiri-erewa by SeverusSnape(m): 5:45pm On May 24, 2020
"Gunmen", Not police or soldiers.

Well, It doesn't matter. This administration is known for its lawlessness and totalitarianism.

2 Likes

Re: Communications Minister Sends Gunmen To Chase Abike Dabiri-erewa by Born2Breed(f): 5:50pm On May 24, 2020
That's how the Master treats their slaves.

4 Likes

Re: Communications Minister Sends Gunmen To Chase Abike Dabiri-erewa by izzou(m): 5:50pm On May 24, 2020
In all sincerity, that her commission is useless

Nigerians in Diaspora Commission

Like what duties do they carry, that cannot be embedded in that of a ministry? Just increasing cost of governance unnecessarily

That said, I wonder why nobody likes to follow due process anymore in this country. Why chase her out like a thief?

1 Like

Re: Communications Minister Sends Gunmen To Chase Abike Dabiri-erewa by SocialJustice: 5:57pm On May 24, 2020
izzou:
In all sincerity, that her commission is useless

Nigerians in Diaspora Commission

Like what duties do they carry, that cannot be embedded in that of a ministry? Just increasing cost of governance unnecessarily

That said, I wonder why nobody likes to follow due process anymore in this country. Why chase her out like a thief?
Too many kids here. Little child, face your books so you can make something of your life. I really hope you're not more than 12 years because if you are, I feel very sorry for your parents and the resources wasted to raise you.

It is not too late though, I know Nigerians are very proud people and hate being corrected. If you like, insult me but for your own good, start educating yourself so you can be a full functioning, aware adult.

1 Like

Re: Communications Minister Sends Gunmen To Chase Abike Dabiri-erewa by izzou(m): 6:01pm On May 24, 2020
SocialJustice:
Too many kids here. Little child, face your books so you can make something of your life. I really hope you're not more than 12 years because if you are, I feel very sorry for your parents and the resources wasted to raise you.

It is not too late though, I know Nigerians are very proud people and hate being corrected. If you like, insult me but for your own good, start educating yourself so you can be a full functioning, aware adult.

I just told my parents.
They said I should thank you for feeling sorry cry

And why should I insult you? grin
No naa

If you talk too much, I use the report button. It's more efficient than an insult

4 Likes

Re: Communications Minister Sends Gunmen To Chase Abike Dabiri-erewa by DanseMacabre(m): 6:02pm On May 24, 2020
Lol.

All na the same APC oooo.

A house divided against itself cannot stand.

Anyways Nigeria under the rudderless regime of Buhari is quickly regressing to a failed state.
Re: Communications Minister Sends Gunmen To Chase Abike Dabiri-erewa by Jakemedg(m): 6:06pm On May 24, 2020
Funny headline
Re: Communications Minister Sends Gunmen To Chase Abike Dabiri-erewa by Gandollar(f): 6:11pm On May 24, 2020
Who else noticed that appointees from the north treat their Yoruba counterparts in the same government with a little less respect.

This scenario was totally uncalled for.

But Abike too should have handled the matter internally rather than going to the media, except she is sure she won't get justice.

4 Likes

Re: Communications Minister Sends Gunmen To Chase Abike Dabiri-erewa by Bossontop(m): 6:15pm On May 24, 2020
undecided
The entertainment/joke called "NIGERIA" everyday na shocking revelations dem dey serve us

Re: Communications Minister Sends Gunmen To Chase Abike Dabiri-erewa by jlinkd78(m): 6:20pm On May 24, 2020
Implosion from within
Re: Communications Minister Sends Gunmen To Chase Abike Dabiri-erewa by GamalNasser: 6:31pm On May 24, 2020
Failed govt , another indictment on the cluelessness of President Buhari again
Re: Communications Minister Sends Gunmen To Chase Abike Dabiri-erewa by iokpebholo: 6:38pm On May 24, 2020
Both abiku and isa patani are mad.
Re: Communications Minister Sends Gunmen To Chase Abike Dabiri-erewa by Yobabad: 6:39pm On May 24, 2020
The Yorubas are shameless people if not they could have been ashamed of themselves by now, but wait that Abike Dibari is she married or single? Am asking for a friend
Re: Communications Minister Sends Gunmen To Chase Abike Dabiri-erewa by DEROX: 12:12am On May 25, 2020
Yobabad:
The Yorubas are shameless people if not they could have been ashamed of themselves by now, but wait that Abike Dibari is she married or single? Am asking for a friend
since they don't complain pls leave them an dface front at least they started winning elections 2015 we know the people who have asslicked the north since 1960 when Yoruba's were in opposition

(1) (Reply)

Obaseki Defection To Pdp Fake News! / N78.9 Billion: Gov.wike Praises President Buhari, Invites Him To Rivers State / Sanusi Lamido's Letter To Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.