Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,717 members, 7,824,034 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

Accidental Brother (book One) - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Accidental Brother (book One) (4280 Views)

Accidental Witness (morelli Family #1) By Sam Mariano / Hunger Or Survival( Book One ) / Sophia Amaka's Story: Accidental Baby Mama(a Fan Fiction) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Accidental Brother (book One) by enirock(m): 11:59am On Jun 25, 2020
Oga kingpaul, you are just dropping lines. I will surely save this page so that when I find that special one, I will come and borrow some of these line. *if you like say I am stealing the lines, me is just borrowing it ni.
Re: Accidental Brother (book One) by Kingpaul07(m): 1:25pm On Jun 25, 2020
enirock:
Oga kingpaul, you are just dropping lines. I will surely save this page so that when I find that special one, I will come and borrow some of these line. *if you like say I am stealing the lines, me is just borrowing it ni.

No problem brother. You are allowed to borrow as you like

1 Like

Re: Accidental Brother (book One) by Khriztarl(f): 9:40am On Jun 26, 2020
What must have happened ni.. Abeg bad boys leave my mavis alone o
Re: Accidental Brother (book One) by Kingpaul07(m): 9:57am On Jun 26, 2020
Chapter 28
As the march progress, everybody is disappointed, he kept missing the ball, even after dribbling his way to the goal post he will miss the shot. He is way out of his game, he will occasionally look at the two guys
"What's wrong with your brother?" Martha asked. I can't answer he isn't even enjoying the game, he doesn't look excited.
He kept at it till the first half was over, I have to go know what's wrong, I have to go to the team.
"What's your brother playing at," Oliver said to me as I approached the team
"What do you mean by that" I barked at him
"He missed even open post" he barked back, I hate the fact it's true
"Get away from her" I heard the devil speak, we turn to him, he has the looks of a killer. Oliver knowing he is not someone to mess with gave us space then went and stood with the other players.
"What's wrong?" I asked
"How do you mean?" he feigned innocence.
"You are way off your game, is something wrong?" I asked he just shook his head.
"You promised me the trophy remember," I said and he laughed.
"I tell you what, kiss me right now and the trophy will be yours" I gasped, the players are here.
"The players," I said, he shrugged
"I don't mind, if you don't I will just walk to the coach and tell him to replace me," he said, he is so incurable and knowing him, he will do it.
I grunt in frustration, I then look around, nobody is here expect the players who are listening to what the coach is saying. I then stood on my toe and kissed him, it was just a brief kiss, he smiled
"Consider the trophy yours," he said and I know he will do it, the break was over they're being called out, I now turn to leave, he held me and drag me back, he kissed me a very deep and passionate kiss.
"I love you cupcake," he said and went off, at this point, I don't care if someone saw us am still trying to calm my heart that is threatening to burst my ribcage.
"I love you too," I said but he is already gone. I now went back to the audience.
"Why are you red?" Martha asked me, damn am still blushing
"I sort of rushed over" I lied, we all watched the second half, he is now in his game, giving high spirit to our school. On the 75 minutes, he scored the first goal, the crowd roared, that's my devil, he looks at me and smiled, I smiled back, he repeated the thing he did when he left that "you smile I melt" note in my desk.
"Is that his new celebration?" Martha asked
"Maybe" I answered, he scored again on the 80th minutes, we are now singing a triumphant song, mainly with his name. The crowd went wild when the referee blew the final whistle. We all rushed to our team, the boys carried him on their shoulder, he is a boy of wonders. They gave them the cup, he left the crowd and came to me
"Come with me," he said not giving me any chance to object, he dragged me with him, some parents came but ours didn't come, Maria, our baby sis is sick so they decided to stay home.
He took me to where the Trophy is, "Pick it up" he said, am scared to but I still did.
"I did it for you cupcake," he said and I smiled. He then picked me up and place me on his shoulder, thank God am wearing trouser, he started running around with me. I wonder where he gets the strength after playing 90 minutes, the school ran along with him, right now I stood the tallest with the trophy. After a while, I begged him to put me down and he did, God I am so lucky to have him. While we were still celebrating we heard sirens, nobody minded but I saw the devil gave me a sad smile and hugged me so tight.
"Am sorry, I love you with all my heart" he said and I wondered why, he is scaring me. I broke the hug to ask him what's wrong but I didn't have the chance to cause the police immediately cuffed him.
"You are under arrest, for the murder of one Mr. Okolo, you have the right to remain silent for whatever you say or do will be used against you in the court of law. You have the right to an attorney, if you don't have one, one will be provided for you by the court" they said and took him away, everyone stood in amazement. The coach was talking with one of the police, I stood still with wide eyes as I watch them take my devil away.
After they took him I heard murmuring of the student, some said they suspect him to be a gangsta, in order not to hear them soil my devil's name I have to run home. I got home and told our parents what happened, my dad took off immediately to the police station.
I wanted to follow but he refused.
"Calm down he will soon be back" my mom kept consoling me, I won't be calm until my devil is by my side.
He came back in the evening time, I didn't even wait for him to settle down before raining down questions on him.
"How is he, hope they didn't touch him?" I asked, I always hear how they treat prisoners.
"He is fine, they didn't touch him, I begged them to put him in a better cell," he said looking tired
"So what is it about?" mom asked
"He is the prime suspect of one murder case, Emeka Okolo, a student of his formal school, he was brutally murdered," dad said and we gasped
"It must be a setup, I saw two guys maybe they are the ones that did it" I shouted the last part.
"I thought it was a set up too, but Mavis confirmed the story," he said and I froze, I remembered how he apologized before the police arrived. I felt so lost, can't I just have a moment of happiness, I ran to my room as my parents discuss what to do, I won't believe anything until I hear from him. I couldn't sleep that night, I slept with the resolution that it's all a dream and when I wake up things will be well. When I woke up the morning I rushed to his room, but he is not there, it's not a dream after all. Before my parents woke up I have prepared the food to get him.
"Wow, you are all set," dad said, I gave him a nod, mom bade us goodbye after we are done. She couldn't follow us. We arrived at the police station, I hardly said anything throughout the drive.
"Can you bring him out?" dad said, they brought him out, more like shoved him out
"Careful" I barked and glared at the officer.
"Good morning boss," he said with a weak smile, then looked at me, he came closer to me
"You brought tea and bread to a prisoner, cupcake you never fail to surprise me," he said with a smirk, what, he even keeps up his devil persona here.
"It's your favourite" I said not even smiling
"Seems someone is in a bad mood" he joked, I glared at him, he just took the tea and went one side to drink it, I followed him while dad speaks with the officers.
I waited for him to finish, he doesn't even look bothered who really is he. After he is done and gave me his a million dollar smile, I felt a bit satisfied
"So what happened?" I asked and he pouted, don't you dare act cute now, if it wasn't for the police I would've smacked him. I glared at him, he then lowered his gaze.
"It was just a wrong turn," he said,
"How do you mean?" I asked
"I joined a bad crew when I left, the leaders are those two guys you met" I knew they were connected "then a month before I came back, Emeka stole money from them, so to punish Emeka they asked me to rough him up, and I have been so angry about everything, losing my parents, you, everything" he gulped down "so I unleashed all my anger on him, it took the two guys to get me off him, that's when I realized he was coughing out blood" he looked at me his eyes is now red, he is holding back the tears "I ran out, later that day, the two guys came and told me he was dead, they advised me to leave the state" he said, am already crying, why is all this happening.
"Then how come it came up now?" I asked
"The police investigated then but did find any evidence, then the guys came to me before the tournament, they told me to win every march, they are always betting on our school" he shook his head "but on the finals they changed, knowing everybody was betting on me to win, they now bet huge money for me to loss, then now asked me to loss or else they tip the police" he said, it all make sense now.
"So if I didn't ask you to win all this wouldn't have happened," I said between sobs
"No cupcake" he cupped my cheek "if I didn't kill him all this wouldn't have happened," he said.
"Times up" we heard the officer said
"Be good cupcake everything will be fine" he said and the officer took him. How can things be fine when you are behind bars for a murder case.
Re: Accidental Brother (book One) by Kingpaul07(m): 11:53am On Jun 26, 2020
Chapter 29
The court is next week, dad already got a lawyer, I visit him allows, he is always happy to see me, I know he hides his sorrows, but no matter how much he tries to hide it, it's still in his eyes.
"Sorry I didn't put on any makeup to show you a beautiful me," I said,
He cupped my cheek and looked at me "no makeup can make one this beautiful" he said and I smile, he always has his ways "and I melt" again I released a little giggle
'Cupcake I want to tell you something" he said
"What," I asked
"Forget me, move on with your life, this case is a simple one, I will be convicted. I will be lucky if the sentence is 15 years, you are a very beautiful girl with a bright future don't worry about me. I" I slapped him before he finished, I don't care about the police this time, he looked at me
"I once told you am prepared for war, you thought I was just being poetic? Mr devil I mean every word of it" I said as firm as I can, he looked at me with admiration, I watched as tears welled up his eyes and rolled down, for the first time, he is letting his sadness show
"You read romance right?" He asked and I nodded "good, then you will notice how the women always win, cause they make the guys crawl on their feet. Cupcake you just utterly defeated me" he said and I wiped his tears.
"Stay strong and we will get out of this," I said and he nodded. After a while, they took him away. Dad told me to keep up with my studies and go to school, but I have not been going, even when I did they kept asking about the devil and giving me a suspicious look. So today instead of going to school I went somewhere more important, The devils' formal school, yea it's another state and nobody knows. They told me where the victims family lived so I went there. If they forgive him and testify for him the case might be dropped
"Good afternoon ma," I said as a woman opened the door, I suspect she is the mother.
"Good afternoon my daughter," she said, good she seems nice, I am dressed in cooperate.
"Am from the court ma" I said, it easy to believe with my wig and spec.
"Please come in," she said, now am in I won't leave without convincing her. After I came in she called a boy, her son maybe. "This is my son Obinna, the immediate younger brother of Emeka, he looks older than me.
"Good afternoon" he greeted, wow, do I look that matured
"Afternoon" I replied.
"So to what do we owe this visit," she asked
"As you know it, your brother's case is back to court" I watch them nod "I will then get straight to the point, Mavis the culprit, believe he did it, not putting in to account the people that made him do it, he wants to use this way to atone for his wrong turn" I said, they are paying attention so I continued. "For someone that wants to atone for his sins, doesn't that mean he has changed," I said and I watch their face changed
"What do you mean?" he asked
"He is no longer the boy you know, he has changed, please testify for him" I begged
"You must be his lawyer," he said
"No, am his lover," I said and removed the wig, they were shocked I knelt down with tears.
"I know he did bad, that what he did is just inhumane, but please I beg you, condemning him is condemning me thereby killing two souls" I begged
"Let me tell you, Emeka was our everything, when my husband died he toiled all day to make ends meet, now your stupid lover killed him. If not for Obinna that maned up and took the role wouldn't it be 3 souls he killed?" she asked in tears.
She has Obinna, I only have the devil, I kept begging for them to reconsider.
"He is a kid that had it really bad, his parents died in his front, he is just like a villain whose own story hasn't been told," I said Obinna kept quiet throughout, I pleaded but it fell on deaf ears.
"Leave our house or I will call the police" she threatened, then I knew she has her heart locked. The disgusting feeling of defeat overwhelmed me as I stood up to leave.
I was walking down the street to the park, when I heard someone called, I turned to see Obinna. I waited for him to come to me
"What's your name?" he asked,
"Esther"
"You really love him"
"More than words can say," I said wiping my tears
"You sure he changed?" he asked
"I can bet my life on that," I said.
"Too bad, life has already been taken," he said and went back. I also went home and counted the days till the court

1 Like

Re: Accidental Brother (book One) by Khriztarl(f): 10:33pm On Jun 26, 2020
Why do i feel heart broken? Obinna please naw.
Re: Accidental Brother (book One) by enirock(m): 2:48am On Jun 27, 2020
What a twist... Here I was thinking it would all be lovey dovey... I can't believe he has to suffer again considering what he's gone through but I guess life messes with us differently. Thanks Kingpaul
Re: Accidental Brother (book One) by Khriztarl(f): 1:00pm On Jun 27, 2020
enirock:
What a twist... Here I was thinking it would all be lovey dovey... I can't believe he has to suffer again considering what he's gone through.
swrs. I thought that too. Now, i feel crashed.

1 Like

Re: Accidental Brother (book One) by Kingpaul07(m): 2:35am On Jun 28, 2020
Chapter 30
The day is finally here, I couldn't sleep last night my brain refused to fall asleep, I kept staring at the ceiling, when I saw the sunrise, I felt like keeping it still so that the time will never reach.
"Prepare honey, today is the court day" my dad knocked at the door.
"Sure," I said, I dragged myself to the bathroom, I was the last to get ready. We all drove to the court, those two guys were here, am sure they just want to enjoy the moment. Not long after it all started, I paid little attention to the case, I just look at my devil and kept thinking how miserable I will be without him. Am already calculating how old I will be when he is out, even if am to be a hundred I will wait.
"You honour we have a witness" I heard the devils lawyers said, everybody snapped their neck to him, even the devil looked surprised.
"Bring him forward," the judge said. Who I saw took the breath out of me, it is Obinna, I just pray he's not here to worsen it
They took him to the counter, and he said the oath.
"So what do you have to say?" the judge asked.
"Mavis is not the murderer," He said and everybody gasped, even the Devils' head jerked up
"How do you mean mister?" the judge asked.
"That day when my brother was killed, he already called me to come and meet him. I arrived when they were dragging Mavis off him" he looked at Mavis "he left in anger, I never knew what happened, but these two guys" he pointed at them "continued beating my brother, I was a coward I have to hide and watch them snap his neck" he said with tears. "I hid it from my mom until yesterday because of a particular visit," he said and the devil looked my way, did he just guess.
"What's your proof," the judge asked,
"Here" he gave them a flash drive, they inserted it in the desktop. They showed it to everyone, we watch as they brutally murdered Emeka. I turned to look at them, they are already on cuffs, how the table turns.
Everything went so fast as they declared my devil free, my happiness knows no bound as I rush to him
"I told you we would make it," I said
"You did," he said, he now went to change his cloth. I now walked over to Obinna.
"So what changed your mind?" I asked.
"A certain pretty girl" he smiled, I blushed a little "and I was able to take care of the family expenses because of him," he said motioning his head towards the devil
"How?" I asked
"He came one day and gave me 100k, I asked why he just said he was on a journey to do good, he didn't know am aware of the murder. I took the money and opened up something" he took a deep breath "I planned to die with the secret, but it got reopened, I thought he deserved it, that since he moves with a bad crew he must be bad. But you changed my mind and made me man up" he said with a slight smile.
"Thank you" I expressed my gratitude "and sorry for your brother," I said
"Nah, don't sweat it, he is no saint," he said and our parents came over everybody thanked him for it. Then devil moved a few feet away with him. I can't hear what they are saying but I saw them shook hands. Obinna left and waved at us. We stood and watched as the police took the two culprits away, the lawyer assured us they won't bother us again. One is already crying, so the gangsta is a wuss.
After everything died out, we returned to school, everybody was curious to know what happened but nobody dared asked the devil instead they all asked me. I told Martha everything and she helped told some who now spread it, everybody adding a little bit of their own. We will soon start our waec and we will be free from secondary. After the court incident, I finally decide to pursue a law career.
"Hi cupcake" Oliver called,
"Only one has the right to that name" I barked "and besides I thought you're keeping malice"
He laughed, I have something on you, I wanted to say it when we won the tournament but he got arrested, I kept it but now he is out, this is a perfect time" he smirked
"I don't have your time, what is it you have," I asked, school is about to dismiss.
He walked past me "I heard is a taboo when siblings become lovers, I saw you guys kissed" he said and walked off and my world went dark, why is it from one problem to another.

1 Like

Re: Accidental Brother (book One) by Kingpaul07(m): 2:35am On Jun 28, 2020
Epilogue
(Devils POV)
Am just starring at the girl, that doesn't only mean the world to me but changed the world also, she is watching her favourite tv program and am watching her. I have been doing that since I can remember, I always look at her when she is not seeing. That way I get to see how she slowly smile when something good happens, or how she gasp or make a happy song.
"I told you, he will marry her," she said, I smiled, I don't even know what the program is about. I feel more for her every day, I fall either for her contagious laugh or warm smile or a baby like wink, she just mesmerizes me. All these started the day I went into that store, I never knew what I will find there will change me for life. I was bullying her that was the only way I could get her to think about me, if it was possible I would have beaten the crap out of Oliver, but I couldn't because he has nothing to do with this. I left cause my heart couldn't handle the pain but was damn happy when I came back and saw her more beautiful than before. She definitely means the world, gradually I watched her fell in love me, I thought it was my imagination until she confessed. That's the best news I have ever had, we started dating, cause people see us as sibling we didn't come out, though I don't mind, she is the boss over me, I do whatever she asked.
She helped me won the case and prove she is the best thing in my life. I heard her phone vibrates, she looked at it and sighed, her mood saddens it has been like that for 3 days now.
"What's wrong?" I asked and she faked a smile
"Nothing"
"Cupcake I know when you're lying," I said and saw her hid her phone,
"Am fine devil" she said, I pretended to believe, when I saw her let her guard down I took her phone. "Give it back this instant" she demanded, I ignored her and went to her message box, I know it was a message alert. I then saw the messages from Oliver, he is threatening her, that slowpoke, to tell the world her secret, what secret.
"What secret" I demanded
"He saw you kissing me," she said sadly. That's it, and she is sad because of that, I laughed at how cute her worry is.
"Just that?" I asked and she narrowed her vision at me
"It's serious" she stomped off to her room, Today is Saturday, so I will wait till Monday to confront Oliver "if you dare touch him, I will kill you" she shouted from her room.
"I won't" I replied.
When Monday finally came, I already made my plans, luckily the boss and the boss lady agreed. When I came with cupcake I noticed Oliver glaring at her, I now went to the podium and stood. I took excuse from the principal, he couldn't refuse cause am the golden boy of the school. The whole school paid attention as I stood there, cupcake looked confused cause she has no idea of what am about to do.
"Good morning student," I said they replied, the girls kept winking, it was disgusting to me, the only cute wink is the one from cupcake.
"Am Mavis Okafor, my parents died in a car accident when I was 13, the ones am living with now are not my parents, though I love them as much. But in reality, am not related to them, we are not even from the same village, so am not in any way related to Esther" I said and looked at her, she looks like her eyes are about to fall out from her socket. I heard the murmur of the student.
"Then why do you bear the same surname with the man you live with" a student asked
"Simple, he bears the same last name with my dad, that's exactly what made them friends the first day"
"Then why are you telling us this now" Oliver asked
"Good, cause you see that girl", I pointed at her, "means the world to me and with the approval of her parents am standing here to say I love her," I said and her eyes widened, I love to surprise her, her expression is just priceless.
"Don't think it's just a teen infatuation, am in love and am in it for life" I said and walked straight to her.
"You really know how to surprise a lady," she said everybody is muttering and looking my way, I don't care as long as they now know am not her brother but a lover.
"In years to come let it be said, no one has ever loved another like the devil loves his cupcake," I said and pecked her. The day started like always, I was with her and warned no one to bother her. I love being feared, so no one bothered her.
After our secondary I decided to go live with my Aunty, she cried till she has no tears but it's normal because two teens that can't keep their hands off each other shouldn't be living under the same roof, besides I don't know how long I can be strong. I decided to study political science, she law, I know being away from her is the hardest thing but we have overcome many and will still overcome more. I love her and that's final.
"You don't have to go, I promise I won't bother you" she begged
"No need making promises we can't keep," I said trying to console and convince her, I have been begging her for weeks.
"You have always been strong devil why do you want to leave?" she asked between sobs.
"I don't know how long my strength will last cupcake" she sighed she know am right but just doesn't want to accept the fact.
"You are handsome, everything a girl wants, am scared you won't avoid them" she pouts making me laugh believe my cupcake to always be cute. So I knelt down before her like am about to propose.
"Don't get too excited, am not proposing," I said and she glared at me. I brought two identical rings "this is a promise ring, I promise to remain faithful to you and only you" I slipped it into her finger, she slipped mine too, I then stood up
"Don't be scared cupcake, you are my fairytale, who would ever run away from happily ever after," I said and she smiled. I gave her the last kiss and took my bag, I refused her to escort me because she will cause a scene with her cry. I left with my body leaving my heart and soul to her, she never knows I will always surprise her by randomly visiting when she least expects it.
"My devil" she called and I turn "I love you," she said and that instant my resolute to leave shaken. I made a step to go to her
"Come on let me take you to the park," the boss said, he really stopped me
"I love you too my cupcake," I said and wave at her as I leave. I kept smiling all through the ride to the park.
"Why are you smiling?" the boss asked
"Cause my once dark future is now the brightest," I said as I watch the picture of cupcake in my phone.
THE END
Written Okoh Udoka

3 Likes

Re: Accidental Brother (book One) by Kingpaul07(m): 2:37am On Jun 28, 2020
The journey hasn't really ended, there is a book two. If you're interested to buy, you can chat me up thanks
Re: Accidental Brother (book One) by peacy26: 4:41am On Jun 28, 2020
Wow this is really interesting. Thanks so much for this entertaining piece.
Re: Accidental Brother (book One) by NobleC28(f): 10:45am On Jun 28, 2020
shocked! Why end like this?
No now undecided
Re: Accidental Brother (book One) by Khriztarl(f): 3:17pm On Jun 29, 2020
Cupcake vs. Devil

1 Like

Re: Accidental Brother (book One) by Haryomhide1(m): 8:01pm On Jun 30, 2020
Welldone op

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Occult Books Are You Currently Reading? / Life Of An Ss3 Student / Is The Sentence 'HE'S A GAY' Gramatically Correct? ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.