Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,671 members, 7,820,356 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

Buhari Cancels Appointments, Approvals Made By Abba Kyari - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Cancels Appointments, Approvals Made By Abba Kyari (59668 Views)

Buhari Cancels Scheduled Appearance Before House Of Reps / Buhari Cancels Shells Operating Licence For OML 11 / Buhari Cancels $195 Million Security Contract Promoted By Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Cancels Appointments, Approvals Made By Abba Kyari by jchioma: 8:05am On May 25, 2020
jumobi1:
Kyari’s death is suspicious. He may have gotten too powerful for the cabal and they did the “needful”.

I tell you. One minute he had recovered and was rearing to be discharged, the next minute he was dead. And do not forget the blood stains on his corpse. Gunshot? Only God knows.
Re: Buhari Cancels Appointments, Approvals Made By Abba Kyari by netflicks(m): 8:05am On May 25, 2020
Where is the vp and whats his job?
Re: Buhari Cancels Appointments, Approvals Made By Abba Kyari by Farki: 8:07am On May 25, 2020
Babysawale19:
This shows this President is very lazy. So he’s leaving government of a whole country to a secretary. Secretary approving things in his name that will become a problem for him and his family in the future.

What future does Buhari have? The man is already old and has been chopping life since the 80s. The presidency was his retirement plan.
Re: Buhari Cancels Appointments, Approvals Made By Abba Kyari by StPete: 8:14am On May 25, 2020
Bullocks!

This is just another method for the new CoS to collect his own share afresh from those who already paid Kyari to have their papers pass through to the president.
Re: Buhari Cancels Appointments, Approvals Made By Abba Kyari by Samueltimothy11: 8:16am On May 25, 2020
Bihari will be the first and the last of ancestor president we will have in Nigeria
So history will Never for get him
Re: Buhari Cancels Appointments, Approvals Made By Abba Kyari by Myself2(m): 8:18am On May 25, 2020
[quote author=maak400 post=89930264]Seems Gambari is pulling the right strings in Aso villa with the way buhari is making the right calls lately. So Abba kiyari was calling the shots without the approval of the president, simply turning himself into a god. Buhari gave kiyari too much power when he instructed all political appointees and elected govt officials to reach him through kiyari.

Pmb, Nigerians are yearning for restructuring, state police, stable electricity and other basic amenities from your government. Do these]

The first part of this comment na story, no be today we know say Kyari was the de facto president while Buhari was dejure president ( president for mouth)

The second part of your comment is on point and I salute you for reechoing it
Re: Buhari Cancels Appointments, Approvals Made By Abba Kyari by Samueltimothy11: 8:18am On May 25, 2020
jchioma:

I tell you. One minute he had recovered and was rearing to be discharged, the next minute he was dead. And do not forget the blood stains on his corpse. Gunshot? Only God knows.
I weep for my country
Re: Buhari Cancels Appointments, Approvals Made By Abba Kyari by AreaFada2: 8:19am On May 25, 2020
Okoroawusa:

When are you going to get over 2015 n 2019?
I got over it as soon as Buhari won. I adjusted my investments and didn't suffer the economic loss unfortunate Nigerians suffered because of Buhari's Kindergarten kids economic policies.

Unlike Zombies I am also not affected by Buhari's incompetence.

It's zombies and Almajiri's suffering. Abba Kyari was one of the heavenly saints Buhari appointed. Is he no more a Saint now that he's dead?

If anyone said Kyari was running the country on his own a few months ago you would have accused them over 2015 and 2019 lost elections as regular zombies do. grin

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Cancels Appointments, Approvals Made By Abba Kyari by Ezenwanne: 8:21am On May 25, 2020
A new handler behind the mole
Re: Buhari Cancels Appointments, Approvals Made By Abba Kyari by Okoroawusa: 8:21am On May 25, 2020
AreaFada2:

I got over it as soon as Buhari won. I adjusted my investment and didn't suffer the economic loss unfortunate Nigerians suffered. Unlike Zombies I am also not affected by Buhari's incompetence
It's zombies and Almajiri's suffering. Abba Kyari was one of the heavenly saints Buhari appointed. Is he no more Saint now that he's dead?

If anyone said Kyari was running the country on his own a few months ago you would have accused that person over 2015 and 2019, as regular zombies do. grin
Hahahahaha... anakogheri
Re: Buhari Cancels Appointments, Approvals Made By Abba Kyari by RuddyFusion(m): 8:22am On May 25, 2020
Wrong headline....This is simply our new president revisiting the works of our late President Abba Kwari...

This shows that bubu knows nothing about what goes on in his government..

This explains all the power plays the recklessness and the cluelessness of this government..

It shows also that the VP is just there for being there sake.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Cancels Appointments, Approvals Made By Abba Kyari by Ehigielove(m): 8:22am On May 25, 2020
we should not forget that the details was not given, why are we flogging a dead horse. we don't know the details of the cancellation. this is politics, you don't win by talking you win by strategy. I sense there is a political permutation taking place.
Re: Buhari Cancels Appointments, Approvals Made By Abba Kyari by Billygee2u: 8:25am On May 25, 2020
mayklef:
A deadman canceling another dead man's legacy.....SMH
Re: Buhari Cancels Appointments, Approvals Made By Abba Kyari by AreaFada2: 8:27am On May 25, 2020
RuddyFusion:
Wrong headline....This is simply our new president revisiting the works of our late President Abba Kwari...

This shows that bubu knows nothing about what goes on in his government..

This explains all the power plays the recklessness and the cluelessness of this government..

It shows also that the VP is just there for being there sake.
Zombies will not understand. He is just bringing his own people. 9ja na turn by turn.

He has to repay those who lobbied for his appointment. By giving jobs to relatives and associates of the lobbyists. And a few girlfriends too. grin
Re: Buhari Cancels Appointments, Approvals Made By Abba Kyari by ada9ja(f): 8:27am On May 25, 2020
maak400:
Seems Gambari is pulling the right strings in Aso villa with the way buhari is making the right calls lately. So Abba kiyari was calling the shots without the approval of the president, simply turning himself into a god. Buhari gave kiyari too much power when he instructed all political appointees and elected govt officials to reach him through kiyari.
Pmb, Nigerians are yearning for restructuring, state police, stable electricity and other basic amenities from your government. Do these and cement your name in the hearts of the people.
The most reasonable comment seen on nairaland since I joined the forum
Re: Buhari Cancels Appointments, Approvals Made By Abba Kyari by Nobody: 8:28am On May 25, 2020
Chai a typical Nigerian know nothing

IT WILL ALL BE LAYED BARE VERY SOON

1 Like

Re: Buhari Cancels Appointments, Approvals Made By Abba Kyari by jchioma: 8:30am On May 25, 2020
Samueltimothy11:

I weep for my country

Panic as Buhari probes Abba Kyari’s office, others

Guardian

25 May 2020

Presidency aides silent amid intrigues
A wave of apprehension is sweeping through Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) as President Muhammadu Buhari begins a probe into the office of the late Chief of Staff Abba Kyari. The investigation may lead to all appointments and approvals made by Kyari without Buhari’s permission being cancelled. This is as pundits said the volte face by the president in directing a reversal of over 100 decisions by Kyari could create more problems than it is trying to solve.

Also, a source within the Presidential Villa suggested that the power block that produced the new Chief of Staff Ibrahim Gambari might be the force fighting back.
Sleep might have already begun eluding many officials in the MDA’s on account of contracts okayed without Buhari’s approval. If this is what the president is targeting with a view to shoring up his sagging profile, analysts say trouble looms for those who cut illegal deals with the late CoS.

Though no reason was given for the president’s action, reports suggested no less than 150 memos that didn’t have his authorisation may have been uncovered.
Special Adviser on Media and Publicity Femi Adesina declined to confirm or refute the report. “I’ve seen your text. I’ve seen your text,” he simply said and ended the call. Also, Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity Garba Shehu did not reply to a text message seeking a confirmation on the development.

Sources told The Guardian yesterday that the directive might just be a continuation of the bickering that produced a deep crack within the ranks of the president’s men last February.

The first sign that all was not okay within Buhari’s inner cabinet emerged in December 2019 when National Security Adviser Babagana Monguno wrote a memo to the president alleging interference by Abba Kyari. He accused the late Kyari of usurping presidential powers and directed service chiefs to ignore instructions by the latter.

Monguno’s account of a connection between Kyari’s alleged ‘meddlesomeness’ and an acute spectre of insecurity that had gripped the country was contained in a series of confidential circulars he addressed to top administration officials on national security.

The NSA also accused the chief of staff of sidestepping the president’s directive, to impose his own decision for implementation; a claim some analysts said was all but a direct accusation of treason against Kyari.

The revelations, first published by an online portal, appeared to undercut an integral aspect of the president’s response to critics: that there is unity among security chiefs towards the common interest of defeating terrorists and armed bandits, rather than an admission of clumsiness or crack in his team.

In media interviews after the memo leaked, Chief of Army Staff Tukur Buratai said insecurity was being confronted across board in the Buhari administration. But Monguno’s memo showed he and other service chiefs had been taking controversial orders from Kyari, despite warnings from the NSA that such a practice was not only unconventional but also in violation of the constitution.

The first signs of war between the NSA and the CoS, two of Buhari’s most powerful aides, was the open letter which revealed both men locked in a bitter confrontation amid raging insecurity.

Perhaps the most potent of allegations raised against the chief of staff by the NSA at the time was that he had been flagrantly discarding decisions already taken by the president and imposing his own recommendation(s).Observers saw this as a jarring allegation bordering on treasonable felony.

Since Buhari settled down in office in 2015, Kyari’s role as the chief of staff made him, perhaps, the most-courted associate of the president, arguably more than the president’s wife and other family members.

The chief of staff’s influence exposed him to some of the worst scandals of the administration. Shortly after telecoms giant, MTN, was slammed with a record fine in 2015, Kyari was the one who allegedly played the middleman in negotiating the fines, a role that threw up allegations of fraud when the scandal broke.

An MTN official who allegedly played a key role in the negotiation was said to have lost her job amid the controversy. But Kyari held on to his position, going forward to take part in bigger deals on government’s behalf. Kyari’s influence was also a matter of serious concern for Aisha Buhari, the president’s wife, who had repeatedly lashed out at the chief of staff for allegedly ‘caging’ her husband and making her redundant in the government.

Last November, another online newspaper reportedly obtained documents showing Kyari overriding Vice President Yemi Osinbajo on a crucial decision on RUGA projects, a series of economic palliatives designed to curtail the herdsmen crisis. It was unclear when President Buhari began his friendship with Kyari, but there is little question that it remained deep and robust since 2015.

When the president was re-elected in 2019, he issued a directive to all his appointees to clear files and memos through Kyari on any matter that required presidential attention. The president did not even single out his vice president as an exception to that restriction.

Monguno’s argument in his memo was that the chief of staff did not swear to a constitutional oath and should, therefore, not be seen issuing directives that carry serious implications for the nation. When it comes to national security, Kyari’s job “stops at conveying Mr. President’s written directives,” the NSA argued.

Kyari, according to those conversant with the inner workings of Aso Villa, had his hand in every pie, because he was “leveraging his sound education, brilliant intellect and experience in bureaucracy and business.”

One of the areas, which was used to criticise Kyari’s competence, was his stint at the failed Africa International Bank (AIB), which he presided over. His political opponents tried to define the late CoS as the architect of the negative public perception of the Buhari administration. They also contended that although every government throughout history is wont to harbour a kitchen cabinet, caucus or cabal, “the remarkable distinction is whether the kitchen cabinet is public-spirited or self-centered.”

1 Like

Re: Buhari Cancels Appointments, Approvals Made By Abba Kyari by Titto93(m): 8:32am On May 25, 2020
jumobi1:

Nah. The men won’t allow her have that much power.
Do u know why Garba shehu dey complain about the new chief of staff?

because d new chief of staff was loyal to Aisha and they're battling the formal cabal
Re: Buhari Cancels Appointments, Approvals Made By Abba Kyari by Sunnyja: 8:33am On May 25, 2020
MICHEALADEX:

Secretory of state is as powerful as president... Conde Lisa Rice of Bush administration should be an example
.... "Powerful as the president". Tell me you are in a night of a thousand laugh.
Re: Buhari Cancels Appointments, Approvals Made By Abba Kyari by Brunicekid(m): 8:36am On May 25, 2020
netflicks:
Where is the vp and whats his job?
Check the VP's job in the Nigeria's constitution.
Re: Buhari Cancels Appointments, Approvals Made By Abba Kyari by henryhemon(m): 8:39am On May 25, 2020
jumobi1:

I don’t live in fear brethren. I’m allowed to speculate. Do you know anything other than what they tell you??

May your speculation don't land you in trouble. It's not about fear, it's about facts, facts aren't necessarily truth but has 70% element of truth but when you speculate, there are few element of truth that when you are asked to prove it, you will be lost.
Re: Buhari Cancels Appointments, Approvals Made By Abba Kyari by jumobi1(m): 8:48am On May 25, 2020
henryhemon:

May your speculation don't land you in trouble. It's not about fear, it's about facts, facts aren't necessarily truth but has 70% element of truth but when you speculate, there are few element of truth that when you are asked to prove it, you will be lost.

K
Re: Buhari Cancels Appointments, Approvals Made By Abba Kyari by mechanics(m): 9:12am On May 25, 2020
Hmmmmm, imagine o, and they are saying he really did well, what he did now, will know he did not mean well for this adminstration.
Re: Buhari Cancels Appointments, Approvals Made By Abba Kyari by Kingzeez10: 9:17am On May 25, 2020
mayklef:
A deadman canceling another dead man's legacy.....SMH
You must be an igbo bitterness reeks in you guys
Re: Buhari Cancels Appointments, Approvals Made By Abba Kyari by goxx(m): 9:24am On May 25, 2020
Secretary? �
Babysawale19:
This shows this President is very lazy. So he’s leaving government of a whole country to a secretary. Secretary approving things in his name that will become a problem for him and his family in the future.
Re: Buhari Cancels Appointments, Approvals Made By Abba Kyari by ElectGINeer(m): 9:26am On May 25, 2020
Nothing to be happy about. This only show that we have a new President shocked
Re: Buhari Cancels Appointments, Approvals Made By Abba Kyari by Bimpe29: 9:28am On May 25, 2020
Let the right thing be done in a right way.
Re: Buhari Cancels Appointments, Approvals Made By Abba Kyari by Goodman247: 9:36am On May 25, 2020
tjfulloption:
Well to be honest with you concerning this post, as a delebrated obsession, without coming from a divers angle of reasoning, but application of ardent and candid wisdoms, and more on a logical pattent of presentation, even in the absence of sentimental aggregation, I will move with a conspicuous and covertable analysis, base in imperative of this matter, having in mind not to be influenced by any percepcetional retrovarsion which can interfere in a good judgmental alibis, hmm therefore, I will advice or come to a conclusion that point going too deeper cause this is just untainted matter of circumventional and irrational amplitude. Do you comprehend or I should go deeper.

for your mind you know how to speak English more than the English man, rubbish.
Re: Buhari Cancels Appointments, Approvals Made By Abba Kyari by Biafranguy1(m): 9:39am On May 25, 2020
maak400:
Seems Gambari is pulling the right strings in Aso villa with the way buhari is making the right calls lately. So Abba kiyari was calling the shots without the approval of the president, simply turning himself into a god. Buhari gave kiyari too much power when he instructed all political appointees and elected govt officials to reach him through kiyari.
Pmb, Nigerians are yearning for restructuring, state police, stable electricity and other basic amenities from your government. Do these and cement your name in the hearts of the people.
Yawn, which buhari are you talking about, the one b/4 or now
Re: Buhari Cancels Appointments, Approvals Made By Abba Kyari by Rvessels(m): 9:46am On May 25, 2020
So Abba Kyari was the Secretary to the federation abi... You see why I say read well before commenting. And some guys even liked your comment o... Haba ... Try read and ask questions na
Babysawale19:
Re: Buhari Cancels Appointments, Approvals Made By Abba Kyari by benjanjo1: 9:47am On May 25, 2020
Jollos:
I supply pork within Lagos, white meat and very healthy.
WhatsApp/call 08030842912

how much for a kilo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Timipre Sylva Chills In His Abuja Mansion After EFCC Released His Seized Houses / Nairaland Online Polls For 2023 Presidential Election (Pictures) / Birnin Gwari Washed After El-Rufai Visited Their King (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.