Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,486 members, 7,823,130 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

The Nepa Lifestyle: Reason Why You Never Succeeded! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Nepa Lifestyle: Reason Why You Never Succeeded! (419 Views)

Intellectual Discussion- What If: The Gideo Orka Coup Succeeded / These Loan Apps Have Finally Succeeded In Killing Me / 7 Reason Why You Must Be Rich (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Nepa Lifestyle: Reason Why You Never Succeeded! by mozele(m): 7:17am On May 25, 2020
The Nepa Lifestyle: The Reason Why Many (Including You) will Never Make it in Life!

Let me recount the story of my friend Japhet.

You may not be too familiar with that name but just follow me. Will you?

Japhet happens to be one of my well meaning friends and also happens to be a devoted member of the students fellowship in my local church up-north.

Like every Devoted Christian, and at the age of 25years, he had attended retreats, conferences, and revivals back to back like no man's business!

And in each of these events, there were usually transformational lectures, powerful sermons which were often climaxed with hot prayers.

No one who attend any of these events were expected to go back home the same way they came.

They all look so powered up that not even a minion from the pit of hell nor a cultitist wielding a branded AK-47 can dare to challenge them.

Or else you'd here words like

Membrandaski pelonda Shaka boro! Dare raise your filthy fingers against me and I'll tell you why I'm called the apple of God's Eyes... Kalayan dododo.

If fear no enter you, you are are on your own o...

So after one of these events, Japhet came home all fired up �

I mean, you can feel the energy oozing all over him.

We got gisting and he gave me a peek into his new resolutions based on the Rhema (revelations) he just got from the event.

Amongst the things he'll be inculcating in his daily routines were Bible studies and midnight prayers. I was impressed!

At least, I'd live to experience another AJS of our time, I said to myself.

The first week passed, it was 7/7. He stuck to his routine real good.

The second week passed, it was 5/7. He missed a day the excuse was that he had to prepare for an upcoming test so he gave himself a break.

The third week passed, it was 3/7.

The fourth week passed, it was 1/7.

The fifth week passed, my friend had already forgotten about his resolutions and the most interesting part of it all is that.....

He's already anticipating for another program to attend to receive Fire!

Many of us are like Japhet. We read books, attend seminars, buy courses and within days, weeks or months, we are back to stage one

Only for us to go chasing again after the next shiny course, webinar our models and mentors just launched so we won't fell left out on the tend.

How about the book you read two months ago?

How about the course you bough last month?

Or should I mention the webinars you attended this month?

Have you put anything you learnt into to practice? Or you only did it to acquire knowledge?

Sorry to shock you.

Knowledge is not Power!

Yea, you can read that again.

Don't be fooled into thinking you'll acquire power merely by acquiring knowledge.

Learn to commit yourself to a thing and remain consistent in it till you crack it. And most importantly, repent from the habit of being up today and down tomorrow in matters that relates to your personal success.

No dey use your destiny dey play like Nepa!

Like Denzel Washington once said "Without commitment, you won't start. Without consistency, you won't finish!"

Let's learn to start that project, and most importantly, finish it as there's no glory in an abandoned project.

Please don't be like Japhet.

Be the You, your future will thank 5 to 10 years from now.

Happy New You!

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Kogi Hunters Kills A Python That Swallowed An Antelope / Get Paid For Watching Advert On Your Phone / Why Is There Always One Envious Person Among Siblings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.