Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University (44722 Views)

Emmanuel Nworie, First-Class Mathematician & Farmer Bags PhD Scholarship / Eniola Olaniyan Bags PhD From FUTA - Federal University of Technology, Akure / Rasheed Jimoh-Ijaodola, Muslim Professor Bags PhD In Christian Studies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by Wittydreh: 10:48am On May 25, 2020
CONGRATS
Only the son of the rich could do this. here in nigeria we are struggling to make it
Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by VenumX: 10:49am On May 25, 2020
Ok....?

What next?
Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by Omoluabi16(m): 10:49am On May 25, 2020
bukatyne:
Congratulations Omoluabi, Omo rere bi iyan. cheesy

More of this.
Thanks dear. I appreciate.
Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by KingAzubuike(f): 10:51am On May 25, 2020
Yustash001:
That's Ekiti....I heard they have the highest number of professors...
That's because the state is a very dead state. Zero jobs hence many of them usually end up in the academia route.
Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by apexx3101: 10:52am On May 25, 2020
[color=#] 1047471[/color]
Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by apexx3101: 10:52am On May 25, 2020
Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by Nobody: 10:53am On May 25, 2020
[quote author=fergie001 post=89938313][/quote] grin
Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by babalonimi: 10:55am On May 25, 2020
Great100000:
A Nigerian prodigy, Damilola Arowolaju, has bagged a PhD in Law from The George Washington University, in the United States of America.

Damilola, who hails from Omuo Ekiti, in Ekiti East Local Government area of Ekiti State is the son of a former Special Adviser to Governor Segun Oni on Due Process, Dr Bayo Arowolaju

Damilola, who was also the President of the 2020 PhD graduating students, was garlanded at the university’s virtual convocation ceremonies held on Thursday, May 21, 2020.

The former Special Adviser who confirmed this to journalists in Ado Ekiti on Saturday was elated that his son could be decorated with such a high academic honour at the age he secured admission to the University of Lagos, where he studied Sociology.

He said:

“My baby, Dr. Damilola Arowolaju, with the grace of God just graduated with a PhD in Law from the George Washington University School of Law, Washington DC, USA.

“He gave an address to the fellow graduands as the President of the GW Bar Association. Graciously, he did this at 24 years of age, when I was just entering the University in Nigeria for my first degree. May our children be higher and be more successful than us all. Amen

“I am overwhelmed, speechless and flabbergasted by this outstanding feat. I am excited and more motivated to do more to uplift humanity”.

Arowolaju appealed to the Ekiti State Governor, Dr. Kayode Fayemi, to rejig and expand the scope of the State’s scholarship board to be able to benefit the children of the poor, who are outstanding in their academics.

In a video clip containing his speech to the graduand, Damilola said he shall continue to promote justice for all manners of men, irrespective of creed, race and class.

The swaggering academic added that no sacrifice is too much to make to protect human rights and promote self-respect among humanity, describing these as the best way to entrench equality in the system.

He said:-

“Justice means making huge sacrifices that would guarantee all constitutional freedoms for all and sundry.

“When I say justice, I mean for both innocent and guilts. The one that brings equality, stability and raise the hope for a better society. That is what we should all pursue using morality and the instrumentality of Law.

“My graduation today was a result of the sacrifices made by my parents to ensure that I excel in my academic pursuit”

https://tribuneonlineng.com/24-year-old-ekiti-indigene-bags-phd-in-law-in-us-varsity/
I tap into this testimony fr my children

1 Like

Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by chocolatelady(f): 10:58am On May 25, 2020
This is great.Congratulations!
Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by hybridblood07(m): 10:59am On May 25, 2020
I dong think you've sense at all. PHD no be beans oga ade
Rgade:
Nigerians and over hyping of foreign degrees lipsrsealed
So we should clap for this dude for just reading and reading and reading, just stuffing his head with obsolete books and we're here celebrating him like he made some breakthrough.
Congrats though.
Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by Nobody: 11:00am On May 25, 2020
There was a time I had such dreams, but reality dawn on me, even if I accumulate those degrees, I no sabi anybody for government way go connect me, and my area of specialization no be hotcake. Na so I respect myself after my MSC and continue my hustle

Congrats young man, as for me, na legit $$$ am interested in currently

1 Like

Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by Goodzinny: 11:02am On May 25, 2020
Congrats and thank you for making our beloved country proud once again. We need more of this good news.
Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by Realadey(m): 11:04am On May 25, 2020
Wow! This is huge,congrats to u man
Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by ofiko123(m): 11:06am On May 25, 2020
Nice one.. Congratulations to the young man..
Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by apexx5740: 11:07am On May 25, 2020
[color=#] 987494[/color]
Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by apexx5737: 11:13am On May 25, 2020
[color=#] 2990725[/color]
Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by Shattuck(m): 11:13am On May 25, 2020
universe26:
Congratulations! I hope your parents didn't steal our money to send u there?
normal levels nah I have a relative who worked at a local govt with so many properties around nigeria, he and his family have relocated to america,you know what's funny they always complain about Nigeria,but they are all enjoying the proceeds of their father's corruption and loot from the Nigerian masses.

1 Like

Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by DEROX: 11:13am On May 25, 2020
Firstorderwizard:
He's from Mbaise, the mum played away match
Observe his left ear well.
Ezigbo nwafo ndeewo

Igbo amaka
lol bad man
Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by smatme(m): 11:13am On May 25, 2020
Congrats bro and welcome to the Real life.
Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by Nobody: 11:15am On May 25, 2020
hybridblood07:
[s]I dong think you've sense at all. PHD no be beans oga ade[/s]
You first have to understand my point, to see if there's sense in it.
Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by marvejmc(m): 11:17am On May 25, 2020
I celebrate you bro, congrats we're proud of you....
Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by TortugaPrince: 11:17am On May 25, 2020
This is so misleading. This young man did not bag a Phd in law but a juris doctor degree. That is just the american equivalent of a first degree in law going by british and nigerian contexts. It is not a Phd like when one bags a Bsc, Msc and then Phd. The Juris Doctor degree (J.D. or JD), also known as the Doctor of Jurisprudence degree (J.D., JD, D.Jur. or DJur), is a graduate-entry professional degree in law. The young man's father is either ignorant or just delibrately wants to mislead people. I'm shocked that this was reported by the tibune a nigerian newspaper of repute. This is what you expect of bloggers. Sad.

1 Like

Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by madridsta007(m): 11:17am On May 25, 2020
Great100000:
A Nigerian prodigy, Damilola Arowolaju, has bagged a PhD in Law from The George Washington University, in the United States of America.

Damilola, who hails from Omuo Ekiti, in Ekiti East Local Government area of Ekiti State is the son of a former Special Adviser to Governor Segun Oni on Due Process, Dr Bayo Arowolaju

Damilola, who was also the President of the 2020 PhD graduating students, was garlanded at the university’s virtual convocation ceremonies held on Thursday, May 21, 2020.

The former Special Adviser who confirmed this to journalists in Ado Ekiti on Saturday was elated that his son could be decorated with such a high academic honour at the age he secured admission to the University of Lagos, where he studied Sociology.

He said:

“My baby, Dr. Damilola Arowolaju, with the grace of God just graduated with a PhD in Law from the George Washington University School of Law, Washington DC, USA.

“He gave an address to the fellow graduands as the President of the GW Bar Association. Graciously, he did this at 24 years of age, when I was just entering the University in Nigeria for my first degree. May our children be higher and be more successful than us all. Amen

“I am overwhelmed, speechless and flabbergasted by this outstanding feat. I am excited and more motivated to do more to uplift humanity”.

Arowolaju appealed to the Ekiti State Governor, Dr. Kayode Fayemi, to rejig and expand the scope of the State’s scholarship board to be able to benefit the children of the poor, who are outstanding in their academics.

In a video clip containing his speech to the graduand, Damilola said he shall continue to promote justice for all manners of men, irrespective of creed, race and class.

The swaggering academic added that no sacrifice is too much to make to protect human rights and promote self-respect among humanity, describing these as the best way to entrench equality in the system.

He said:-

“Justice means making huge sacrifices that would guarantee all constitutional freedoms for all and sundry.

“When I say justice, I mean for both innocent and guilts. The one that brings equality, stability and raise the hope for a better society. That is what we should all pursue using morality and the instrumentality of Law.

“My graduation today was a result of the sacrifices made by my parents to ensure that I excel in my academic pursuit”

https://tribuneonlineng.com/24-year-old-ekiti-indigene-bags-phd-in-law-in-us-varsity/

Congratulations to him although I’m a bit wary of PhDs from the Southwest. They were largely the ones campaigning for Buhari. I don’t respect those people.
Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by forlexxy(m): 11:18am On May 25, 2020
Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by recentelder(m): 11:21am On May 25, 2020
congrat
Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by Bimpe29: 11:22am On May 25, 2020
Congratulations Omoluabi!
Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by Felomania: 11:24am On May 25, 2020
Awesome this lovely.... Proudly Nigerian.
In the meantime

Business Development�� Businesses Growth�� Massive Give-Away�� Relationship talks���Advertisement� Coronamemes� twerking videos��� and Funny videos���
@ManiazTV�
���

Kindly refer someone to the link below����

https:///2349047588911
Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by Antichristus: 11:29am On May 25, 2020
I knew from the start this is fake news. George Washington University doesn't offer PhD in Law (https://www.law.gwu.edu/admissions).

JD isn't a PhD but the first professional and qualifying degree in law. US universities do not offer LLBs. This is in the same way that you need a BSc degree before studying for PharmD which itself is not a doctorate degree. So Kemi Olunloyo is lying, claiming the title Dr. PharmDs are not Doctors. Only Nigerians holding thus degree refer to themselves as Drs because their fellow countrymen are oblivious to the reality.

In fact, the progression is to then take LLM after JD then a PhD or SJD (Doctor of Judicial Science).

The media hype over this simply shows how uneducated, unenlightened, daft and gullible the Nigerian peopke have become. Look at the boy's linkedin profile. He has a JD (2017-2020) not a PhD. To gain a PhD, this lad would have to work off his sucks for another 4-5 years in North American system or a minimum of 3 years in the UK.

1 Like

Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by apexx4882: 11:31am On May 25, 2020
[color=#] 2842769[/color]
Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by apexx4882: 11:32am On May 25, 2020
Re: 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University by immaq8(f): 11:32am On May 25, 2020
meanwhile somebody in Nigeria want to increase entry age in JSS1 to 13 years.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students / Ikelebe Junior Secondary School Floors Others In Edo North To Win ASCI Inter Sch / Secondary School Teacher Arrested For Raping A 12-Year-Old Student In Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.