Stats: 3,195,281 members, 7,957,721 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:19 PM

FG To Review Salaries, Wages Of Ministries, Agencies And Parastatals - Ngige - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Review Salaries, Wages Of Ministries, Agencies And Parastatals - Ngige (42913 Views)

President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies / Why FG Cannot Review Salaries For Civil Servants – Buhari / RMAFC: FG To Review Salaries Of Political Office Holders (2) (3) (4)

Re: FG To Review Salaries, Wages Of Ministries, Agencies And Parastatals - Ngige by Nobody: 7:50pm On May 25, 2020
blackboy:
Ko le work. A downward review of upward? These offices are occupied by their relatives and family members.

No mind them. We ain't deceived. Buhari and co, do as you like. As long as God permits.
Re: FG To Review Salaries, Wages Of Ministries, Agencies And Parastatals - Ngige by pacespot(m): 7:55pm On May 25, 2020
This kind of news shows a government who is serious about accountable governance. Nigeria needs to do away with so many useless, phoney, money gobbling ministries, agencies and parastatals that are only created to suck the treachery. This is the genesis of corruption in this country.
Re: FG To Review Salaries, Wages Of Ministries, Agencies And Parastatals - Ngige by PinkStarsFallIn: 7:57pm On May 25, 2020
edoairways:

So in your own opinion do you think is a welcome development?
BSCs in parastatals be collecting niothing less than 350k while in ministries, about120k. How fair is that?
Re: FG To Review Salaries, Wages Of Ministries, Agencies And Parastatals - Ngige by Karlifate: 8:02pm On May 25, 2020
PrecisionFx:

Cost of governance in nigeria is very cheap, that's not where our problem lies.

We have more than 100 different natural resources lying idle across the nation and we are only using 1, Crude oil.......That's the problem.
I agree with you.

The overdependence on Oil is just too much. If only the FG can channel enough resources into Agriculture & Tourism, Nigeria will continue to maintain the status quo as Giant of Africa. Had it been our natural resources were tapped into & utilized very well, even the UK will not be able to compete with our economy because they have little to no natural resources, inadequate lands for agriculture & so on compared to Nigeria.

I'm still optimistic that Nigeria will get it right, before it's TOO late tho.

Re: FG To Review Salaries, Wages Of Ministries, Agencies And Parastatals - Ngige by Karlifate: 8:04pm On May 25, 2020
enemyofprogress:
who tolded you that it was Professor Ibrahim Agboola Gambari that did it, I'm sure he didn't did anything jo.
The man has not doned anything since he resumed office jare

UyaiIncomparabl drop you CV let me help get a job
LMAO! grin grin
Re: FG To Review Salaries, Wages Of Ministries, Agencies And Parastatals - Ngige by JPMorgan2: 8:16pm On May 25, 2020
It will be a tremendous thing because the disparity is too much. God bless Nigeria.
Re: FG To Review Salaries, Wages Of Ministries, Agencies And Parastatals - Ngige by Tywo2018: 8:20pm On May 25, 2020
Are u sure because anything Ponzi..
Olareveals:
If you don't mind making 5k to 10k weekly, I can introduce you to a site where u can earn that. Not pronzi
Re: FG To Review Salaries, Wages Of Ministries, Agencies And Parastatals - Ngige by Bimpe29: 8:20pm On May 25, 2020
This is an herculean task.
Re: FG To Review Salaries, Wages Of Ministries, Agencies And Parastatals - Ngige by Ifebazz(m): 8:21pm On May 25, 2020
Exactly, especially starting from Houses of Assembly and Ministers.

Karlifate:
Professor Ibrahim Agboola Gambari is working!
Recurrent expenditure is hugely consuming the budget. So, they need to cut down the cost of governance & manage scarce resources.

Re: FG To Review Salaries, Wages Of Ministries, Agencies And Parastatals - Ngige by NextBuhari: 8:31pm On May 25, 2020
CzarChris:
If not for the way corruption is enshrined in Nigeria, there would have been no need for the analysis you gave above. To clear the air, I don't work for NNPC, CBN or FIRS, but I'm just trying to be a bit honest here in other countries people who work in these types of parastatals don't and can never earn the same as people who work in other government agencies. The purpose for this is to attract the best brains and since they work in areas that has to deal with the revenue earnings of a Nation to prevent any form of inducements or corruption tendencies so that the funds generated by these people would not be touched because they are presumed to be comfortable. But what we have in Nigeria is a complete opposite of the reason for their monstrous pay. Just know that if this report is implemented and the salaries of these people reduce drastically. We are heading for a massive disaster. Brain drain and unbelievable levels of kleptomaniacs in government parastatals will be the order of the day.

And you think the most effective way to curb corruption and kleptomania is to maintain the present wide disparity in the salaries of these parastatals? And you think Nigerians who work in these privileged agencies are the best brains we have in this country?
Re: FG To Review Salaries, Wages Of Ministries, Agencies And Parastatals - Ngige by Amanda4life: 8:44pm On May 25, 2020
I CAN SEE LEADERSHIP HAS CHANGED HAND AT THE TOP.

NA U SABI
Re: FG To Review Salaries, Wages Of Ministries, Agencies And Parastatals - Ngige by whytepawn1(m): 8:49pm On May 25, 2020
They should start from the senate and House of assembly if they are actually serious.
Re: FG To Review Salaries, Wages Of Ministries, Agencies And Parastatals - Ngige by Nobody: 9:14pm On May 25, 2020
Karlifate:

I agree with you.
The overdependence on Oil is just too much. If only the FG can channel enough resources into Agriculture & Tourism, Nigeria will continue to maintain the status quo as Giant of Africa. Had it been our natural resources were tapped into & utilised very well, even the UK will not be able to compete with our economy because they have little to no natural resources, inadequate lands for agriculture & so on compared to Nigeria.
I'm still optimistic that Nigeria will get it right before it's TOO late tho.

It's too late.
Re: FG To Review Salaries, Wages Of Ministries, Agencies And Parastatals - Ngige by Pat081: 9:27pm On May 25, 2020
Only on news paper and tv
Re: FG To Review Salaries, Wages Of Ministries, Agencies And Parastatals - Ngige by Keemy88(m): 9:38pm On May 25, 2020
Story for the gods
Re: FG To Review Salaries, Wages Of Ministries, Agencies And Parastatals - Ngige by Samakus(m): 9:47pm On May 25, 2020
Olareveals:
If you don't mind making 5k to 10k weekly, I can introduce you to a site where u can earn that. Not pronzi

Introduce me. My WhatsApp number is on my signature
Re: FG To Review Salaries, Wages Of Ministries, Agencies And Parastatals - Ngige by Nobody: 9:52pm On May 25, 2020
Bbbwings:
I need work in a federal ministry.
Pls anyone cool
They don't pay well at all.
Re: FG To Review Salaries, Wages Of Ministries, Agencies And Parastatals - Ngige by galaxy2020(m): 9:52pm On May 25, 2020
CzarChris:
If not for the way corruption is enshrined in Nigeria, there would have been no need for the analysis you gave above. To clear the air, I don't work for NNPC, CBN or FIRS, but I'm just trying to be a bit honest here in other countries people who work in these types of parastatals don't and can never earn the same as people who work in other government agencies. The purpose for this is to attract the best brains and since they work in areas that has to deal with the revenue earnings of a Nation to prevent any form of inducements or corruption tendencies so that the funds generated by these people would not be touched because they are presumed to be comfortable. But what we have in Nigeria is a complete opposite of the reason for their monstrous pay. Just know that if this report is implemented and the salaries of these people reduce drastically. We are heading for a massive disaster. Brain drain and unbelievable levels of kleptomaniacs in government parastatals will be the order of the day...who told you that what we have in these establishment are the best brains? What you have there are those who are highly connected not necessarily the best brains. Establishment with no budget and no one questions their expenses. Where is that done?

Re: FG To Review Salaries, Wages Of Ministries, Agencies And Parastatals - Ngige by turbo3disc: 10:34pm On May 25, 2020
Olareveals:
oya.... I'm interested o
Re: FG To Review Salaries, Wages Of Ministries, Agencies And Parastatals - Ngige by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:21pm On May 25, 2020
Exc2000:
Buhari and Agboola regime won hot for people ooo
So it's no longer Buhari and Osinbajo it's now Buhari and Agboola. Chai!! Nigeria
Re: FG To Review Salaries, Wages Of Ministries, Agencies And Parastatals - Ngige by tityboi: 11:24pm On May 25, 2020
oh
Re: FG To Review Salaries, Wages Of Ministries, Agencies And Parastatals - Ngige by sonofthunder: 11:38pm On May 25, 2020
What about the senators?
Re: FG To Review Salaries, Wages Of Ministries, Agencies And Parastatals - Ngige by CzarChris(m): 12:59am On May 26, 2020
[quote author=galaxy2020 post=89959848][/quote]I understand you perfectly, these parastatals have been bastardized by out elite class.
But they still employ people who are extremely good at what they do. For example I personally know of a colleague of mine who left the university where I teach for FIRS, this dude graduated with a 1st class degree from a first generation university here in Nigeria, got scholarship to study for his Masters degree and PhD in the UK. This guy won every award that was needed to be won as far as the academia was concerned in the UK, he set record after record over there. He was given automatic employment as a lecturer in the university where he studied over there, but being an only child he just had to come back to Nigeria. Not to play the devil's advocate, but we still have people like that in those agencies. They are a minority granted, but those minorities are the ones that get the job done.

You don't throw away the baby with the dirty water. My two cents though, but mark my words, if this government goes ahead to do this, yes there would be some initial gains, but the damages with be monumental.

Bookmark this comment.
Re: FG To Review Salaries, Wages Of Ministries, Agencies And Parastatals - Ngige by CzarChris(m): 1:02am On May 26, 2020
NextBuhari:
And you think the most effective way to curb corruption and kleptomania is to maintain the present wide disparity in the salaries of these parastatals? And you think Nigerians who work in these privileged agencies are the best brains we have in this country?
Not all of them, the good ones are a minority, but this will be a collosal mistake if it goes ahead.
Re: FG To Review Salaries, Wages Of Ministries, Agencies And Parastatals - Ngige by CzarChris(m): 1:03am On May 26, 2020
abnot:

Brain drain how . You think the crop of public servants you’ll find in NNPc and DPR have what it takes to secure an interview in an IOC ? Those guys are only workin there due to the perks . Nigerian government spends a lot on recurrent expenditure and if things are not changed the country will remain underdeveloped with substandard infrastructure and no other means of new income.
I understand you perfectly, these parastatals have been bastardized by out elite class.
But they still employ people who are extremely good at what they do. For example I personally know of a colleague of mine who left the university where I teach for FIRS, this dude graduated with a 1st class degree from a first generation university here in Nigeria, got scholarship to study for his Masters degree and PhD in the UK. This guy won every award that was needed to be won as far as the academia was concerned in the UK, he set record after record over there. He was given automatic employment as a lecturer in the university where he studied over there, but being an only child he just had to come back to Nigeria. Not to play the devil's advocate, but we still have people like that in those agencies. They are a minority granted, but those minorities are the ones that get the job done.

You don't throw away the baby with the dirty water. My two cents though, but mark my words, if this government goes ahead to do this, yes there would be some initial gains, but the damages with be monumental.

Bookmark this comment.

By the way, I've worked with some of them when I was consulting for an IOC some years back. Most of the guys you find in the field (not the ones in the offices) are really good.

Jokes apart I don't think any IOC in the world pays as good as Saudi Aramco( Saudi Arabia's equivalent of our NNPC).
Re: FG To Review Salaries, Wages Of Ministries, Agencies And Parastatals - Ngige by CzarChris(m): 1:06am On May 26, 2020
SIONKPO1:

Forget that thing,most good paying MDA's are now solely reserved for the kids of the politicians ,connected,and for sale to the highest bidder
NDIC
SEC
NNPC
PPPRA
DPR
PENCOM
PTAD
CBN
ETC
No arguments here, but they also know when to get good hands. I keep saying this. Never throw away the baby with the dirty water.
Re: FG To Review Salaries, Wages Of Ministries, Agencies And Parastatals - Ngige by okefrancis: 6:11am On May 26, 2020
This is a government that means well for the masses, good job
Re: FG To Review Salaries, Wages Of Ministries, Agencies And Parastatals - Ngige by kuuljay(m): 7:21am On May 26, 2020
enemyofprogress:
who tolded you that it was Professor Ibrahim Agboola Gambari that did it, I'm sure he didn't did anything jo.
The man has not doned anything since he resumed office jare

UyaiIncomparabl drop you CV let me help get a job
jesuz!!! grin grin grin
Re: FG To Review Salaries, Wages Of Ministries, Agencies And Parastatals - Ngige by kuuljay(m): 7:25am On May 26, 2020
PinkStarsFallIn:

BSCs in parastatals be collecting niothing less than 350k while in ministries, about120k. How fair is that?
which ministry pays BSC 120, their money no even reach 80
Re: FG To Review Salaries, Wages Of Ministries, Agencies And Parastatals - Ngige by tomzy573(m): 8:47am On May 26, 2020
For me it is a right step for the federal government to amonize the salary structure of it staffers. More so, merges those agencies and parastatals who performs same job, to cut cost, at this critical time. All these can be achieved If only their sincere. cool

Osun State Governorship Debate 2018. / Again, El-rufai Appoints Non-indigene As Head Of Service / Nigeria Military In Pictures