Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,452 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

Marie Cau Appointed As First France Transgender Mayor. - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Marie Cau Appointed As First France Transgender Mayor. (297 Views)

Easter Sunday Declared Transgender Day In The U.S By President Biden (Photos) / Marie Madeleine Mborantsuo: President Of Constitutional Court In Gabon Arrested / Aria DiMezzo: Transgender, Satanist & Anarchist Wins Republican Nomination In US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marie Cau Appointed As First France Transgender Mayor. by LaJose78(m): 5:35pm On May 25, 2020
Marie Cau has made history as the first trans person to be elected as Mayor in France.

The business manager with a background in agricultural and sustainability was unanimously voted in as mayor by the council of Tilloy-lez-Marchiennes, in northeastern France on Saturday May 23.

Commenting on winning the election, Ms Cau said she is "not an activist" but just wants to focus on municipal politics.

The 55-year-old who ran on a platform of ecological sustainability and building the local economy, said;
“People didn’t vote for me because I was or wasn’t transgender. They voted for a programme and for values. The social bond has disappeared. The inhabitants wanted change..

“I have a blank sheet, an almost non-existent budget, a school that hasn’t been reopened yet and many other coronavirus-related challenges.”
Her election was welcomed by France’s gender equality minister, Marlène Schiappa, who tweeted:

“Trans visibility, and the fight against transphobia, also depends on exercising political and public responsibilities. Congratulations Marie Cau!”
Re: Marie Cau Appointed As First France Transgender Mayor. by Enoch07: 5:37pm On May 25, 2020
I have nothing to say

1 Like

Re: Marie Cau Appointed As First France Transgender Mayor. by ValCon888: 5:38pm On May 25, 2020
I have to say nothing
Re: Marie Cau Appointed As First France Transgender Mayor. by temiunice(f): 5:41pm On May 25, 2020
Amazing
Re: Marie Cau Appointed As First France Transgender Mayor. by coolcharm(m): 5:42pm On May 25, 2020
Sodom and Gomorrah will be child's play to the wrath that is coming
Re: Marie Cau Appointed As First France Transgender Mayor. by MuchAdo: 5:44pm On May 25, 2020
I can still see the man in "her"... undecided

"She" resembles Vladimir Putin... kiss
Re: Marie Cau Appointed As First France Transgender Mayor. by DanseMacabre(m): 5:45pm On May 25, 2020
Hmmmmm.

This is libertarianism being taken too far. We're still at the very least decades away from this in Nigeria.

But if it can perform, who cares about gender designation
Re: Marie Cau Appointed As First France Transgender Mayor. by Righteousness89(m): 5:45pm On May 25, 2020
Abomination!
Despite all the Calamities up and down, Human beings Conciously use their Hands to invite Wrath From the ALMIGHTY GOD..

We are Here Watching!!

1 Like

Re: Marie Cau Appointed As First France Transgender Mayor. by Nobody: 6:02pm On May 25, 2020
undecided

Na their Country be that, In Nigeria we only recycle old, corrupt, greedy & selfish cargoes for political position. Na our curse be that.

Eventually we would have to eat them & thier rich kids if the collective poverty level keeps increasing.

Hope they get sense before that level

(1) (Reply)

Prince Phillip, Duke Of Edinburgh Turns 99 Today / China Says Bomb, Death Threats Made Against Its Washington Embassy / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.