Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

S7 Edge - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / S7 Edge (1165 Views)

Samsung Galaxy S8, S7 Edge USA Used For Sale / S7 Edge Screen Replacement Needed / Between Oneplus 3t And S7 Edge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

S7 Edge by Promo2000(m): 7:41pm On May 25, 2020
[quote author=Promo2000 post=90025765][/quote]
Re: S7 Edge by revcompaty(m): 8:51pm On May 25, 2020
If you're the tech or phone savy type, simply download the specific stock Rom for your device and flash using TWRP which can be found in recovery mode.
Re: S7 Edge by WinningEleven(m): 9:16pm On May 25, 2020
Promo2000:
Plz phone engineers in the house should help.
I have an s7 edge samsung with custom rom, i wish to go back to stock firmware. What do i need to do?
I have visited like 4 engineers, they seem not to have a clue in what to do. . I really want the stock ROM for OTA update.
Plz help. Thanks
Don't brick the device
Its better you keep using the phone like that or do what you don't know and damage the device

2 Likes

Re: S7 Edge by lordtim001(m): 11:08pm On May 25, 2020
Promo2000:
Plz phone engineers in the house should help.
I have an s7 edge samsung with custom rom, i wish to go back to stock firmware. What do i need to do?
I have visited like 4 engineers, they seem not to have a clue in what to do. . I really want the stock ROM for OTA update.
Plz help. Thanks
How did you get it on custom rom in the first place? You have to flash the stock rom again. And by the way, Samsung has stopped updates on S7/S7 edge after Oreo. Not even security updates. The best bet would be to stay on your custom rom, or reflash a new rom with the update you need( that is if you need to update to Pie or something)

1 Like

Re: S7 Edge by Promo2000(m): 10:31am On May 26, 2020
lordtim001:

How did you get it on custom rom in the first place? You have to flash the stock rom again. And by the way, Samsung has stopped updates on S7/S7 edge after Oreo. Not even security updates. The best bet would be to stay on your custom rom, or reflash a new rom with the update you need( that is if you need to update to Pie or something)

Thanks man,
I bought it from someone sometime ago, but i tried ota update, and it failed. So i did some research and found out it was on custom rom, hence i wanted to go for the original rom cos of the functionality and all that.
Personally i would want to go for the updates like u outlined.
Is it something i can do on my own with well guided steps?
Re: S7 Edge by Promo2000(m): 10:38am On May 26, 2020
[quote author=revcompaty post=89957916]If you're the tech or phone savy type, simply download the specific stock Rom for your device and flash using TWRP
Re: S7 Edge by Flytime: 10:43am On May 26, 2020
Promo2000:

Thanks man,
I bought it from someone sometime ago, but i tried ota update, and it failed. So i did some research and found out it was on custom rom, hence i wanted to go for the original rom cos of the functionality and all that.
You can go back,but like he said if you go back you won't receive any updates not even one update anymore because it has been years since it has been unsupported.
All he is saying is rather than flashing the stock rom,why not flash a custom rom of newer Android version like Android 10.

1 Like

Re: S7 Edge by Promo2000(m): 11:11am On May 26, 2020
Flytime:

You can go back,but like he said if you go back you won't receive any updates not even one update anymore because it has been years since it has been unsupported.
All he is saying is rather than flashing the stock rom,why not flash a custom rom of newer Android version like Android 10.

Okay, now i grab, that will be fun...
Okay. But do u think i can do it on my own?
Some persons pretend to know the technical how and they donk know.

Plz guide me step by step.
Re: S7 Edge by revcompaty(m): 11:42am On May 26, 2020
Promo2000:

Thanks bruh.
Below is what i got from imei checker

IMEI357090079337671

Marketing name-Galaxy S7 edge 32GB (Sprint)

ModelSM-G935PZBASPR

What firmware will be ok for download?

You can Google search for custom Rom for Samsung s7 ModelSM-G935PZBASPR. The result will show you several custom Rom with tutorial on how to flash it.

NB: There are risks attached to doing this yourself which include you bricking your device

I also said custom Rom due to your acknowledgement of the last moniker's advice.
Re: S7 Edge by lordtim001(m): 8:46am On May 27, 2020
Promo2000:

Thanks man,
You can do it on your own with YouTube videos. You need to know how to install TWRP( It should already be installed though) and how to boot into recovery mode. Once you download the stock rom and the appropriate Gapps package, you can look for instructions on YouTube. Also, make sure to take a Nandroid backup just in case.
Re: S7 Edge by calddon(m): 9:36am On May 27, 2020
@op for your sake, do delete the imei posted on this thread.

1 Like

Re: S7 Edge by Promo2000(m): 7:46pm On May 27, 2020
I also said custom Rom due to your acknowledgement of the last moniker's advice.[/quote]
Re: S7 Edge by Promo2000(m): 7:47pm On May 27, 2020
revcompaty:

You can Google search for custom Rom for Samsung s7 ModelSM-G935PZBASPR. The result will show you several custom Rom with tutorial on how to flash it.

NB: There are risks attached to doing this yourself which include you bricking your device

Okay

I also said custom Rom due to your acknowledgement of the last moniker's advice.
Re: S7 Edge by Promo2000(m): 8:05pm On May 27, 2020
Re: S7 Edge by Promo2000(m): 8:06pm On May 27, 2020
[quote author=revcompaty post=89975341]
Re: S7 Edge by Promo2000(m): 8:07pm On May 27, 2020
[b]NB: There are risks attached to
Re: S7 Edge by Freeko4: 8:30pm On May 27, 2020
Flytime:

The last security patch update for Samsung s7 edge

(1) (Reply)

Phone For Sale At 35k / Infinix Note 12 G96 Price And Features In Nigeria / Yahoo Messenger For My Samsung x480 Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.