Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,764 members, 7,824,203 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:31 AM

Beautician Distances Self From Death Of Billionaire Politician And Pastor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Beautician Distances Self From Death Of Billionaire Politician And Pastor (1310 Views)

Red Cross' Iron Doors Saved Abba Kyari From Death During Kuje Prison Attack / Photos From The 70th Birthday Celebration Of Billionaire, Prince Arthur Eze / Politician And His Brother Stab Themselves During Fight In Imo. Graphic Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beautician Distances Self From Death Of Billionaire Politician And Pastor by ElectroLyte: 9:23am On May 26, 2020
Beautician and CEO of luxury hair brand Kukushair has released a statement distancing herself from the death of billionaire politician, businessman and pastor, Keniebi Okoko who died on Tuesday, April 14 2020, after a botched liposuction surgery at a cosmetic clinic in Lekki, Lagos.

Pastor Okoko was also a governorship aspirant in the last gubernatorial elections in Bayelsa State.

Following Pastor Okoko's death, there were several rumours making the rounds, suggesting that the beautician, Akunna Nwala took him to the cosmetic hospital to carry out the surgery without the consent of his wife.

According to Mrs Nwala, they all have been family friends and now that Pastor Okoko has been laid to rest, she has decided to open up and share her own side of the story.

Read Akunna Nwala's statement below.

''My family and I have been aware of the manifestly contrived falsehood being peddled against me, Akunna Nwala, as playing a key role in the demise of our family friend, Pastor Keniebi Okoko. Nothing could be further from the truth. Ordinarily, I would not join issues with anyone or address any matter of this magnitude on a public domain.

''However,  this concerns human life and also about a great loss to a woman like me.  It is also a disappointing report of my person to the people who look up to me, what I stand for, to all my beautiful Clients and fans.
I had kept silent for the better part of this whole charade, but since our dear family friend has been laid to rest (may his soul continue to rest in peace),  I feel it is high time I speak out.

''I, Akunna, grew up on the campus of the University of Nigeria Nsukka, and while we lived there, Mrs Ihuaku Okoko (Nee Eke) wife of Mr. Keniebi Okoko, was our next-door neighbour and we were family friends.

''I was good friends with her younger sister and Sis Ihuaku was a big sister/mother figure to me.
We reconnected again in Lagos, as old friends, business clients and later on our,  husbands went on to build a beautiful friendship that extended to late Pastor Keniebi’s father and mother.

''While I was in the UK spending time with my family just before the lockdown, The late Pastor Kenebi Okoko and his wife had independently decided and agreed to have cosmetic surgery in Nigeria, and in the course of making enquiries regarding cosmetic surgeons in Nigeria, they decided to ask me, Akunna, knowing that I could be a good resource.

''I’ve been made aware of a few of such Physicians in Lagos on the basis of my respectable standing and good influence in the beauty industry in Lagos and in addition, owning a beauty Spa where non-evasive procedures are carried out.

''When Pastor Keniebi and Mrs Ihuaku reached out to me, Mrs Ihuaku expressed the fact that they were dissatisfied with their looks and wanted to perform cosmetic surgery for enhancement, and that most importantly they needed to do the procedure during the Covid-19 Pandemic lockdown to enable them to celebrate her 50th birthday in style like any other couple reaching a milestone age.

''Remember that with or without my input the couple would have still gone ahead with their intended surgery bearing the couple being much older than I am my opinion would make little or no difference . Prior to this they had reached out to a few others with regards to possible options in Lagos.

''I then went ahead and mentioned the names of 2 physicians I knew of and was aware of procedures they had successfully done in the past,( there was no part of these conversations or communications that my husband and I were not privy to).

''Again, husband and wife,- Mr and Mrs Okoko, based on their consultations with the physicians, and as adults, saw the conditions of each of their clinics, decided and agreed on which one of the two surgeons they were more comfortable with.

''On the morning of 14th of April 2020, Pastor Keniebi Okoko and Mrs Ihuaku Okoko called my husband and I to inform us that they were already at the hospital together where he was being prepared for the surgery. Continue reading her story here==https://thestreetjournal.org/2020/05/beautician-akunna-nwala-distances-self-from-death-of-billionaire-politician-and-pastor-keniebi-okoko/

THE STREET JOURNAL
VISIT www.thestreetjournal.org

Re: Beautician Distances Self From Death Of Billionaire Politician And Pastor by nairavsdollars(f): 9:27am On May 26, 2020
Na wa ooo..they were dissatisfied with their looks and went for surgery in Nigeria. Ungrateful people
Re: Beautician Distances Self From Death Of Billionaire Politician And Pastor by jarawa: 9:30am On May 26, 2020
You need appreciate God all the time
Re: Beautician Distances Self From Death Of Billionaire Politician And Pastor by michlins(m): 9:31am On May 26, 2020
All these billionaires in Nigeria with no known business
Re: Beautician Distances Self From Death Of Billionaire Politician And Pastor by densiks: 9:35am On May 26, 2020
Liposuction is an unnecessary procedure especially for a man.

I hope these folks would let the man to Rest In Peace without further dragging his name in the media.
Re: Beautician Distances Self From Death Of Billionaire Politician And Pastor by BREYZ: 10:03am On May 26, 2020
Na too much money kill this man. Man had so much that he was dissatisfied with his looks grin this part weak me, walahi.
Re: Beautician Distances Self From Death Of Billionaire Politician And Pastor by sapientia(m): 10:07am On May 26, 2020
A man who had everything died for nothing.
Re: Beautician Distances Self From Death Of Billionaire Politician And Pastor by ekkywolex(m): 10:14am On May 26, 2020
sapientia:
A man who had everything died for nothing.
S. Money miss road
Re: Beautician Distances Self From Death Of Billionaire Politician And Pastor by DanseMacabre(m): 10:25am On May 26, 2020
Hmmmmm

See what wanting to celebrate 50th birthday party in style has caused.
Re: Beautician Distances Self From Death Of Billionaire Politician And Pastor by RiyadhGoddess(f): 11:51am On May 26, 2020
That moment a pastor who is dissatisfied with his look tells the church, 'turn to your neighbor, tell him or her you are beautifully made'.
Edakun what exactly is wrong with his look? I have checked and checked and still can't see anything wrong with his look.
What do we call this one now
Besides there was news in lekki that he woke up from the dead, I mean Pastor David Ibiyeomie prayed and he woke up...that's the last I heard and now reading that he's been laid to rest...
May God comfort the family he left behind.

Hello, just a quick intro, I’m Shile aka Riyadhgoddess. I’m a Church Communicator, Account & Creative Mgr, Writer, Jesus Follower and a nobody who is happy to tell somebody about Jesus Christ. I’m the author of the books: Atonement, The Mystery of Reconciliation and The Devil’s Mission, The Real Sign of The End Time. Read my signature below.

1 Like

Re: Beautician Distances Self From Death Of Billionaire Politician And Pastor by RiyadhGoddess(f): 11:54am On May 26, 2020
DanseMacabre:
Hmmmmm

See what wanting to celebrate 50th birthday party in style has caused.

Hmmmmmm
#BabylonianSpirit
Re: Beautician Distances Self From Death Of Billionaire Politician And Pastor by emkz: 10:57am On May 28, 2020
This story appeared on Linda's and Stella's blogs, and some online newspapers. Many people rose to defend Akunna, indicating she has a strong network of friends.

Many, except those patronising the human hair/body enhancement industry, did not know Akunna, hitherto, and she enters further into public consciousness to defend herself from a scandal. I frankly don't know who advised her to release the statement. A good publicist may have advised her on how not to proceed.

Reading through her detailed statement, I think she needn't have given too much information about someone she called a family friend in a bid to clear her name. Nigerians would believe what they want to believe, if you like write epistles back to back. Disclosing the health records of someone without clearing from them is even a crime itself in our legal statutes, which is why the Lagos Commissioner for Health and the Minister could not talk about the status of the President's former secretary. A simple "I am sorry our friend is no more. After the mourning period, the family and I shall release a statement to address some of the dust raised by his death. For the time being, we must respect our departed friend". And cry while at it (trust me, this is a good PR strategy as it shows you are caring) and this would win you sympathy of your imaginary haters.

But no, your public image is more important than the end of your friend's life. What kind of a friend are you that can't protect your friend? By writing this epistle, you are now under the radar, and one more mistake from you, the unforgiving online media would capitalise on it to bury you.

(1) (Reply)

Obaseki: Oshiomhole Was Broke Before He Became Governor / Video: Abuja To Kano Highway Fashola Approved At N2.1 Billion Per Kilometre / Britain Plans ''Absolutely HUGE Trade Deal'' With Nigeria - UK Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.