Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,162 members, 7,818,535 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

Anambra And Delta Reach Agreement On Onitsha Bridgehead Barricade (Pics) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra And Delta Reach Agreement On Onitsha Bridgehead Barricade (Pics) (53995 Views)

Army, Police Barricade Venue For Yoruba Nation Rally In Lagos (Photos) / Rivers Police Barricade Roads Leading To Stations (Photos) / Police Barricade Gani Fawehinmi Park Venue Of Amotekun Rally In Lagos (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra And Delta Reach Agreement On Onitsha Bridgehead Barricade (Pics) by DarkJeddi(m): 2:39pm On May 26, 2020
BabaRamota1980:
Omo ibo loves to go anywhere and everywhere and when restricted he will not stop rying and tantruming until Pope of Vatican can hear him in hiss sanctarium buried deep in the stones masonry. Meanwhile yanminri is the first to put up gate and barricade and raise alarm of invasion when others go to his tiny enclave. His first response is to wonder why people are coming to his homeland and then accuse them falsely of scheming to destroy him. Bloody bigots! Fantastically intolerant of anything non Ibo. Incessantly discriminative and morbidly racist. Omoibo cries of unfairness but fails to attract fairness to itself.
Let Igbos go and enjoy your Paradise alone,una no want gree..

Why is it hard for you people to allow people you all say are evil and racist not to have their own little enclaves,so that you can all live in peace? shocked

3 Likes

Re: Anambra And Delta Reach Agreement On Onitsha Bridgehead Barricade (Pics) by barthmew(m): 2:39pm On May 26, 2020
The Government are no good, the security personnels stationed their are no better.

They should at least allow pedestrian � passage while ensuring only the vehicular passage of essenstial services.

Both Gov. should own up to their responsibilities.

What do I know in short?
Re: Anambra And Delta Reach Agreement On Onitsha Bridgehead Barricade (Pics) by ChukaOkolo(m): 2:42pm On May 26, 2020
AsomughaChuks05:
No. The whole bridge is on Anambra soil. That's why it is called Niger Bridge Onitsha.

Sorry bro , you wrong go study your Atlas well and go check the beaches.
Re: Anambra And Delta Reach Agreement On Onitsha Bridgehead Barricade (Pics) by AsomughaChuks05: 2:43pm On May 26, 2020
ArticleBeast:

Stop arguing and learn. Go and check google map. Someone even posted it above.
Lol, I didn't bother to reply that idiot who posted Google maps because the guy is brainless. Let me teach you so that you can teach him. The River Niger is demarcated because Anambra and Delta share the River based on continental shelf but the bridge is not. The sign Welcome to Anambra state is boldly visible before you get to the bridge.

1 Like

Re: Anambra And Delta Reach Agreement On Onitsha Bridgehead Barricade (Pics) by LordofNaija: 2:44pm On May 26, 2020
AsomughaChuks05:
You well so
Greet am for me
Re: Anambra And Delta Reach Agreement On Onitsha Bridgehead Barricade (Pics) by Unibenfucker(m): 2:46pm On May 26, 2020
Kemistri4:

Yeah. Asaba and Onitsha are siblings cities joined by blood. Many people trade in Onitsha and live in Asaba where rent is cheaper...

Who told you that rent is cheaper in Asaba
Re: Anambra And Delta Reach Agreement On Onitsha Bridgehead Barricade (Pics) by ChukaOkolo(m): 2:49pm On May 26, 2020
Malawian:
Do you know that the other end of this head bridge at "Asaba" is actually still in Anambra state? The border of Anambra state and Delta state started even before the head bridge. You will still see the sign board there.

Mr wake up,Pls go study your Atlas and know your history well .
Re: Anambra And Delta Reach Agreement On Onitsha Bridgehead Barricade (Pics) by Malawian(m): 2:49pm On May 26, 2020
ChukaOkolo:

Sorry bro , you wrong go study your Atlas well and go check the beaches.
We know that the other end at "Asaba" should be genuinely in Delta state, but according to the arbitrary boundaries drawn by the FG to cut the Igbos in size, they erroneously or deceptively put the border of both states well before the head-bridge at Asaba. This probably to cause animosity between brothers. As you have seen, Anambra state did not concern itself with taking control of those "Anambra Lands" after the bridge and this is why many people in Delta don't even know they were deliberately cut off from the river Niger by the FG. If you are there, after the lockdown, take a trip down there are see things for yourself.
Re: Anambra And Delta Reach Agreement On Onitsha Bridgehead Barricade (Pics) by johnpablo541(m): 2:49pm On May 26, 2020
Malawian:
Oga, the Federal Nigerian Government defined boundary between both state started well before the head bridge. Take a trip down there, you will still see the Federal Government installed signpost that signaled the end of delta and the beginning of Anambra state, and it is well before the head bridge. You will still see other signpost (by individuals and others) after the said FG boundary and well before the head-bridge which are clearly labelled "Anambra State".

Your fare well from Anambra state is even before the bridge on the onitsha side. So should i say Asaba started from the headbridge on the onitsha side.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra And Delta Reach Agreement On Onitsha Bridgehead Barricade (Pics) by ubomez2yahooc: 2:51pm On May 26, 2020
Please note we seem to have forgotten that it is a Federal bridge strategic to not only the SE/SS but to the whole country. The federal govt should over rule the local officials on ground and deploy the might of the federal govt as to the essential transport that can cross over on both sides. The bridge is over 54 years old and can not sustain the heavy traffic for months on end. As said elsewhere the federal controller of works is very much worried as to any damage to the structure of the bridge.
Re: Anambra And Delta Reach Agreement On Onitsha Bridgehead Barricade (Pics) by Bigsunny01(m): 2:52pm On May 26, 2020
Ykc2:
he will still not understand ,the whole bridge belongs to Anambra state no one can drag that ,but asaba is extension of onitsha we are brothers

I disagree with u, in other way round de whole bridge belongs to Delta no one can drag dat, but Onitsha is an extension of Asaba who all migrated from de great Benin empire

Check ur google and u will find ur answers dere

1 Like

Re: Anambra And Delta Reach Agreement On Onitsha Bridgehead Barricade (Pics) by IkeOnyia: 2:58pm On May 26, 2020
DarkJeddi:
And yet your genius Governor went and erected structures on another man's land,without permission..

What a sensible act..
Jesus Christ is merciful.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra And Delta Reach Agreement On Onitsha Bridgehead Barricade (Pics) by RTSC: 2:58pm On May 26, 2020
35824L:
Gully erosion will sweep that state into River Niger one day. No wonder they always want to attache themselves to SOuth South. Unity beggers. Bia.frogs.
And then if it does, your life would suddenly become better?

Go and look at rich northern kids displaying their fathers stolen wealth on twitter.

They are the people that should carry Nigeria for head like gala.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra And Delta Reach Agreement On Onitsha Bridgehead Barricade (Pics) by Malawian(m): 3:01pm On May 26, 2020
johnpablo541:

Your fare well from Anambra state is even before the bridge on the onitsha side. So should i say Asaba started from the headbridge on the onitsha side.
Go and see the Federal Government Installed Signpost. Like i have said, Anambra state did not concern itself with the "Anambra part" of Delta state, and that is why you see those Anambra government installed signposts before the headbridge at Onitsha. According to the signpost you posted, does it then mean that all of the bridge is now in delta state since you have departed from Anambra State.

1 Like

Re: Anambra And Delta Reach Agreement On Onitsha Bridgehead Barricade (Pics) by johnpablo541(m): 3:04pm On May 26, 2020
Malawian:

Go and see the Federal Government Installed Signpost. Like i have said, Anambra state did not concern itself with the "Anambra part" of Delta state, and that is why you see those Anambra government installed signposts before the headbridge at Onitsha. According to the signpost you posted, does it then mean that all of the bridge is now in delta state since you have departed from Anambra State.

Let me educate you further, the Federal Government did not install a sign post on the bridge. It was HERO BEER that wrote "welcome to onistsha" at the Asaba end of the bridge.

Re: Anambra And Delta Reach Agreement On Onitsha Bridgehead Barricade (Pics) by AsomughaChuks05: 3:04pm On May 26, 2020
johnpablo541:

Can you also show us where the Welcome to Delta state sign post was erected?

1 Like

Re: Anambra And Delta Reach Agreement On Onitsha Bridgehead Barricade (Pics) by AsomughaChuks05: 3:08pm On May 26, 2020
[s]
johnpablo541:

Let me educate you further, the Federal Government did not install a sign post on the bridge. It was HERO BEER that wrote "welcome to onistsha" at the Asaba end of the bridge.
[/s] The signpost is on the right hand side of the road well hidden from your camera range. It boldly reads. Welcome to Anambra state.

1 Like

Re: Anambra And Delta Reach Agreement On Onitsha Bridgehead Barricade (Pics) by Fearlez: 3:09pm On May 26, 2020
AsomughaChuks05:
That bridge, the whole length of it, is on Anambra soil.
blind fool.
Re: Anambra And Delta Reach Agreement On Onitsha Bridgehead Barricade (Pics) by sirelliotofafri: 3:09pm On May 26, 2020
That guy,who said the entire bridge is on Onitsha soil,hence the name Onitsha bridge is not informed at all.
For the avoidance of doubt,it is called Niger Bride and the river,River Niger.It's a demarcation between Onitsha(Anambra State) and Asaba(Delta State).If it was entirely on Anambra soil,why did the government of Anambra need to negotiate with Delta government on the way forward.
This is 2020,try and reason with sense and stop spewing ignorance.
Re: Anambra And Delta Reach Agreement On Onitsha Bridgehead Barricade (Pics) by Malawian(m): 3:10pm On May 26, 2020
There is a Federal Government Installed signpost at the F.G defined border between both states, this border is well before the bridge. Infact, the place you will see it will leave you with more questions than answers.

johnpablo541:

Re: Anambra And Delta Reach Agreement On Onitsha Bridgehead Barricade (Pics) by Ykc2(m): 3:13pm On May 26, 2020
Bigsunny01:

I disagree with u, in other way round de whole bridge belongs to Delta no one can drag dat, but Onitsha is an extension of Asaba who all migrated from de great Benin empire

Check ur google and u will find ur answers dere
you migrated from benin empire ?there is no type of insults I will not receive because of naira land, and I hope your name is obaseki not chukwudi, now listen ,before your so called benin bonfire sorry empire started igbos are already at agbor that's why their king of agbor is called obi of agbor not oba of agbor

3 Likes

Re: Anambra And Delta Reach Agreement On Onitsha Bridgehead Barricade (Pics) by johnpablo541(m): 3:13pm On May 26, 2020
Malawian:
There is a Federal Government Installed signpost at the F.G defined border between both states, this border is well before the bridge. Infact, the place you will see it will leave you with more questions than answers.

Can you show me a picture of the federal government sign post you are talking about ?
Re: Anambra And Delta Reach Agreement On Onitsha Bridgehead Barricade (Pics) by IME1: 3:14pm On May 26, 2020
undecided to think that I've walked this bridge...
If you are scared of heights and water no try am.
Me na edge I dey walk sef cause I dey take pictures grin cheesy

When this covid19 issue eases I wonder how fast things will be put back to normal/usual
Or if they ever will

Re: Anambra And Delta Reach Agreement On Onitsha Bridgehead Barricade (Pics) by AsomughaChuks05: 3:14pm On May 26, 2020
Fearlez:
blind fool.
Mad goat.
Re: Anambra And Delta Reach Agreement On Onitsha Bridgehead Barricade (Pics) by johnpablo541(m): 3:14pm On May 26, 2020
Fearlez:
blind fool.

Please let us try to make our points without insults. Peace out
Re: Anambra And Delta Reach Agreement On Onitsha Bridgehead Barricade (Pics) by johnpablo541(m): 3:16pm On May 26, 2020
AsomughaChuks05:
Can you also show us where the Welcome to Delta state sign post was erected?

Yes, the welcome to delta state sign is before the bridge on the asaba side. Here is a picture showing the back of it

Re: Anambra And Delta Reach Agreement On Onitsha Bridgehead Barricade (Pics) by AsomughaChuks05: 3:16pm On May 26, 2020
[s]
johnpablo541:

Can you show me a picture of the federal government sign post you are talking about ?
[/s] It is there. At the blindspot your camera didn't capture.
Re: Anambra And Delta Reach Agreement On Onitsha Bridgehead Barricade (Pics) by johnpablo541(m): 3:19pm On May 26, 2020
AsomughaChuks05:
[s][/s] It is there. At the blindspot your camera didn't capture.

So show us a picture showing it then
Re: Anambra And Delta Reach Agreement On Onitsha Bridgehead Barricade (Pics) by Malawian(m): 3:20pm On May 26, 2020
sirelliotofafri:
That guy,who said the entire bridge is on Onitsha soil,hence the name Onitsha bridge is not informed at all.
For the avoidance of doubt,it is called Niger Bride and the river,River Niger.It's a demarcation between Onitsha(Anambra State) and Asaba(Delta State).If it was entirely on Anambra soil,why did the government of Anambra need to negotiate with Delta government on the way forward.
This is 2020,try and reason with sense and stop spewing ignorance.
We are just letting you guys know that we are not "land grabbers" like some urchins from the waste label us as. the FG arbitrary grabbed Delta land and gave to Anambra state to cut them off from the River Niger, and perhaps to create animosity between us, we did not bother to claim those lands as we know they don;t belong naturally to us. If you are in Delta, go to the bridge at Asaba, you will be very surprised where the F.G defined boundary of Delta state and Anambra state began. Go and see for yourself, it will be another eye opener. Apparently, both Okowa and Obiano are oblivious of this as well.

1 Like

Re: Anambra And Delta Reach Agreement On Onitsha Bridgehead Barricade (Pics) by calculator123(m): 3:26pm On May 26, 2020
Malawian:
Do you know that the other end of this head bridge at "Asaba" is actually still in Anambra state? The border of Anambra state and Delta state started even before the head bridge. You will still see the sign board there.

The signboard might be before the bridge but Delta owns some of the lands after that signboard.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra And Delta Reach Agreement On Onitsha Bridgehead Barricade (Pics) by Sunisonflex39(m): 3:27pm On May 26, 2020
AsomughaChuks05:
That bridge, the whole length of it, is on Anambra soil.
bro I don't understand, even the Niger underneath is only in anambra land?

1 Like

Re: Anambra And Delta Reach Agreement On Onitsha Bridgehead Barricade (Pics) by Fearlez: 3:27pm On May 26, 2020
AsomughaChuks05:
No. The whole bridge is on Anambra soil. That's why it is called Niger Bridge Onitsha.
the name doesn't connote where the entire bridge is located. How can a bridge linking two cities be completely located on one part of both cities? Does it make sense to you?

Onitsha has been a renowned city for decades while Asaba rose because it was named Delta state's capital in the 90s.

You want them to call it Onitsha-Asaba Head Bridge? Foolish!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lt. Jaro Babanawa: A Soldier Killed In The Bandits Attack In Abuja / Azubuike Ekwegbalu Is Dead: Governor Obiano's Aide Killed By Unknown Men (Photo) / Peter Obi's NEXT Shopping Centre Set To Open In Port Harcourt- Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.