Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,366 members, 7,815,783 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

How Do I Start A Greenhouse Farm In Ibadan? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How Do I Start A Greenhouse Farm In Ibadan? (983 Views)

Snail Greenhouse Construction / Lady Shows Her Cucumber Farm In Anambra As She Goes For Harvest (Photos) / Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Start A Greenhouse Farm In Ibadan? by sishol(m): 12:52pm On May 26, 2020
Greenhouses have in recent times become popular the world over and it has also been recognized in Nigeria, particularly with the encroachment of killer herds men, that rampage conventional farm all over the country.

With the recent pandemic, and also considering how agric products have suddenly become the " new black gold" I have suddenly become passionate about this type of farm project.

Two events are responsible for this (1) A completely devastated farm which I previously started and lost to herds men here at Ido Local govt., here in Oyo state (this will probably be a story for another day) and (2) My visit to India earlier in the year exposed me to the innovations and merits associated with this farming system (particularly as it was combined with solar technology i.e. a self regulating automatic solar cold room to store vegetables and other perishable products).

I will need your expert opinion on how to embark aggressively on green house farms. In other words, I seek to know what it would entail in terms of capital, skills, materials and technology (and any other detail, including the experience of those presently involved in this type of project).

I am interested in ugwu, tomatoes, ewedu, efo-green for now.

Thanks in advance for your profitable comments.

Re: How Do I Start A Greenhouse Farm In Ibadan? by kehinde1365(m): 3:40pm On May 26, 2020
For fully mechanised green house please check dizengouff on Google, and for conventional green houses pls call Albatross works, here is a number 08174009857.

Peace!
Re: How Do I Start A Greenhouse Farm In Ibadan? by toba1909(m): 10:03pm On May 26, 2020
sishol:
Greenhouses have in recent times become popular the world over and it has also been recognized in Nigeria, particularly with the encroachment of killer herds men, that rampage conventional farm all over the country.

With the recent pandemic, and also considering how agric products have suddenly become the " new black gold" I have suddenly become passionate about this type of farm project.

Two events are responsible for this 1. A completely devastated farm which I previously started and lost to herds men here at Ido Local govt., here in Oyo state (this will probably be a story for another day) and (2) My visit to India earlier in the year and the innovations and merits associated with this farming system.

I will need your expert opinion on how to embark aggressively on green house farms. In other words, I seek to know what it would entail in terms of capital, skills, materials and technology (and any other detail, including the experience of those presently involved in this type of project).

sishol:

Two events are responsible for this 1. A completely devastated farm which I previously started and lost to herds men here at Ido Local govt., here in Oyo state (this will probably be a story for another day) and (2) My visit to India earlier in the year and the innovations and merits associated with this farming system.

sishol:

There are green house for tomatoes farming already in Akufo, Ibadan. Visiting the farm might be of help
Re: How Do I Start A Greenhouse Farm In Ibadan? by abbeynism(m): 12:02am On May 28, 2020
Please how can I loca e the said farm in Akufo. Thanks
Re: How Do I Start A Greenhouse Farm In Ibadan? by livingfarms(m): 4:19am On May 28, 2020
if you are in Ibadan take a vehicle or okada to Eleyele, from there take another vehicle /okada going to Ologuneru that will also get to Camp (I. e Akufo Camp) , drop at the camp and ask for the place. Akufo Camp is a farm settlement site created by Chief Awolowo Govt. during western region times.
Re: How Do I Start A Greenhouse Farm In Ibadan? by sishol(m): 8:44am On May 28, 2020
kehinde1365:
For fully mechanised green house please check dizengouff on Google, and for conventional green houses pls call Albatross works, here is a number 08174009857.

Peace!
Thanks so much for this very important info. smiley
Re: How Do I Start A Greenhouse Farm In Ibadan? by sishol(m): 8:46am On May 28, 2020
toba1909:

There are green house for tomatoes farming already in Akufo, Ibadan. Visiting the farm might be of help

Wow! I never knew this. But do you have any links with anyone of them?
Re: How Do I Start A Greenhouse Farm In Ibadan? by sishol(m): 8:48am On May 28, 2020
livingfarms:
if you are in Ibadan take a vehicle or okada to Eleyele, from there take another vehicle /okada going to Ologuneru that will also get to Camp (I. e Akufo Camp) , drop at the camp and ask for the place. Akufo Camp is a farm settlement site created by Chief Awolowo Govt. during western region times.

Please could you mention any of these farms? It will help us if you can be a little bit specific on this, thanks.
Re: How Do I Start A Greenhouse Farm In Ibadan? by Mathseun: 5:20pm On Jun 29, 2020
Have you got the green house, if you still need help on it, you can reach out to me. 0 8 1 02231933
Re: How Do I Start A Greenhouse Farm In Ibadan? by Bounce9533: 9:23am On Mar 08, 2022
Contact Bosun Agricbusiness and consultancy on 08125482557 or email {Tiamiyuoladayo@gmail.com} if you're interested in venturing into either of crop production or animal husbandry business.

(1) (Reply)

Palm Kernel Biz / How To Start Palm Oil Business Nigeria / Are you Interested In Working In Agric Sector In Europe? We Can Assist You.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.