Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,886 members, 7,828,142 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

Does God Supports/permits Slavery?, PLEASE Enlighten Me. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Supports/permits Slavery?, PLEASE Enlighten Me. (338 Views)

Does God Truly Hate Masturbation? / What Is The Throne Of God? Does God Literally Have A Throne? / God Supports Sex B4 Marriage; So Fvcck What Religion Says. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does God Supports/permits Slavery?, PLEASE Enlighten Me. by Gaggii: 2:04pm On May 26, 2020
There is a guy in my compound that claims religion is a scam...when debating with him he asks some questions I cannot answer.

He said the same ship that brought missionaries that preached religion, was also used to take slaves away.

He said " if God is a merciful as we all know, how come he never condemn slavery in the scriptures, it was Abraham Lincoln that ended it. Even jumong who was neither a christain nor Muslim did everything possible to stop slavery.
Does it mean this people were more merciful than scriptural god.

Also note, Moses did not fight against slavery he was fighting to set the Israelites free, he does not care about other slaves.

Also, we have Muslim slaves in the prophets era (pbuh), they were not freed because they were Muslims.

Which implies these religion supports slavery, and they claim they serve a merciful God.

These were his points.

I just need scriptural back up to counter his claim.
Re: Does God Supports/permits Slavery?, PLEASE Enlighten Me. by kingxsamz(m): 2:19pm On May 26, 2020
You don't need to counter his claim.
You can't. What else do you want to hear?
He has told you the truth.
You should be pondering on those vital points he gave you.
The fact that you don't even know how to respond or counter his points clearly shows that you're just doing "follow follow". "My mama tell me say I be Christian".
One word, Indoctrination.
You need to start asking questions about the religion you grew up to believe.

Also ask yourself why a God would send men to kill innocent women and children, or make them slaves, simply because of the sin of their fathers.
Re: Does God Supports/permits Slavery?, PLEASE Enlighten Me. by MJBOLT: 2:37pm On May 26, 2020
you cannot counter his claim because the guy knows the bible more than you and he has multiple verses to prove his point.
Re: Does God Supports/permits Slavery?, PLEASE Enlighten Me. by CAPSLOCKED: 2:46pm On May 26, 2020
Gaggii:
THERE ARE NONE.
Re: Does God Supports/permits Slavery?, PLEASE Enlighten Me. by Gaggii: 6:46pm On May 26, 2020
kingxsamz:
You don't need to counter his claim.
You can't. What else do you want to hear?
He has told you the truth.
You should be pondering on those vital points he gave you.
The fact that you don't even know how to respond or counter his points clearly shows that you're just doing "follow follow". "My mama tell me say I be Christian".
One word, Indoctrination.
You need to start asking questions about the religion you grew up to believe.

Also ask yourself why a God would send men to kill innocent women and children, or make them slaves, simply because of the sin of their fathers.

Are you a Christian or Muslim?
Re: Does God Supports/permits Slavery?, PLEASE Enlighten Me. by Gaggii: 6:47pm On May 26, 2020
MJBOLT:
you cannot counter his claim because the guy knows the bible more than you and he has multiple verses to prove his point.

So how do I prevent him from going astray
Re: Does God Supports/permits Slavery?, PLEASE Enlighten Me. by Gaggii: 6:48pm On May 26, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

THERE ARE NONE.

That implies slavery is truly permitted
Re: Does God Supports/permits Slavery?, PLEASE Enlighten Me. by MJBOLT: 7:39pm On May 26, 2020
astray?undecided you should buy 2 cartons of beer for him because he showed you a part of your religion you didnt know

Gaggii:

So how do I prevent him from going astray
Re: Does God Supports/permits Slavery?, PLEASE Enlighten Me. by Kobojunkie: 7:57pm On May 26, 2020
Gaggii:
You actually came on here to ask us to help you continue the foolishness? undecided undecided undecided undecided
What do you hope to gain from this back and forth with this neighbor of us, apart from an inflated ego? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Does God Supports/permits Slavery?, PLEASE Enlighten Me. by Gaggii: 5:39am On May 27, 2020
Kobojunkie:
You actually came on here to ask us to help you continue the foolishness? undecided undecided undecided undecided
What do you hope to gain from this back and forth with this neighbor of us, apart from an inflated ego? undecided undecided undecided

My gain is to stop from being a lost soul
Re: Does God Supports/permits Slavery?, PLEASE Enlighten Me. by CAPSLOCKED: 10:52am On May 27, 2020
Gaggii:

My gain is to stop HIM from being a lost soul
YOU'RE THE LOST SOUL IN THIS CASE.
Re: Does God Supports/permits Slavery?, PLEASE Enlighten Me. by Nobody: 2:59pm On May 27, 2020
Gaggii:
There is a guy in my compound that claims religion is a scam...when debating with him he asks some questions I cannot answer.

He said the same ship that brought missionaries that preached religion, was also used to take slaves away.

He said " if God is a merciful as we all know, how come he never condemn slavery in the scriptures, it was Abraham Lincoln that ended it. Even jumong who was neither a christain nor Muslim did everything possible to stop slavery.
Does it mean this people were more merciful than scriptural god.

Also note, Moses did not fight against slavery he was fighting to set the Israelites free, he does not care about other slaves.

Also, we have Muslim slaves in the prophets era (pbuh), they were not freed because they were Muslims.

Which implies these religion supports slavery, and they claim they serve a merciful God.

These were his points.

You need to be a perfect swimmer or fisherman before you can rescue someone drowning! undecided

Jesus actually sent us out as FISHERS OF MEN this means we will catch people alive and make them obedient to Jesus! Luke 5:10 compare to 2Cor 10:5

If you want to become a fully competent and completely equipped Christian, Jehovah's Witnesses will assist you!

But let me give you a hint on the topic!

Adam and Eve chose to be independent of God's instructions {Genesis 3:6} this open the way for humans to practice whatever they can under the freedom that Adam and Eve solicited for. Humans will have enough time to rule themselves and see the outcome.

God never intervened in mankind's form of rulership, so it's humans who introduced the idea of enslaving their fellowman, and don't forget they need to try all they know perhaps they can succeed being independent of God's rulership.

So their are so many things humans have introduced as means of ruling themselves.
That's why God told Israelites he is their King, they later demanded for a king during the time of Samuel {1Sam 8:1-6} if you carefully meditate on what God told Samuel about how human kings turn themselves to Gods over their subjects you will understand that it's the Independence Adam and Eve asked for that led humans to enslaving their fellowman! 1Sam 8:10-18 compare to Ecc 4:1, 8:9

Gradually mankind is learning from their own past errors but their is one thing we still don't get:- we can't rule ourselves successfully!

Already God is preparing his own Kingdom (government) {Isaiah 9:6-7} and this Kingdom will soon destroy all the worldly governments {Dan 2:44} it will take over the affairs of this earth completely! Mat 6:10

Before the slavery was in hidden but today it's done in the open!

Tell your friend that the slave trade is still here, before rich people by humans and place them on force labour. But today if you're not from a wealth family, no matter your qualifications you will work under the son of a wealthy man whose qualifications is in no way closer to yours, they makes sons of the poor work like bulls but pay them peanuts, they turned the daughters of poor people to sex slaves.

Billions will work right from when they're born till they grow grew hair as
©Cleaners
©Gardeners
©Gatemen
©Security Guurds
©Drivers
®Cooks
©Laundry workers
©House keepers
©Factory Workers

Yet what they will earn for working so hard will not be enough to feed them, and the money these workers are working for will be given to their daughters who are used for the sexual pleasures of the rich!

All these are the things Jesus will eradicate when he comes to establish God's Kingdom on earth.
That's why Apostle Paul listed all what is peculiar to slavery as things Christians should avoid completely if they want to enter God's Kingdom! Gal 5 19-21

Go now and find Jehovah's Witnesses they will enlighten you the more, that's the one and only group Jesus is directing today, that's where people who believes in money can be humiliated.
All other religions you can think of worships money! Matthew 6:24

God bless you! smiley
Re: Does God Supports/permits Slavery?, PLEASE Enlighten Me. by Kobojunkie: 3:19pm On May 27, 2020
Gaggii:
My gain is to stop from being a lost soul
The reason you got into some foolish argument with a person who does not even share your faith is so you save your soul? How does that even work? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Does God Supports/permits Slavery?, PLEASE Enlighten Me. by Gaggii: 4:01pm On May 27, 2020
Maximus69:

You need to be a perfect swimmer or fisherman before you can rescue someone drowning! undecided

Jesus actually sent us out as FISHERS OF MEN this means we will catch people alive and make them obedient to Jesus! Luke 5:10 compare to 2Cor 10:5

If you want to become a fully competent and completely equipped Christian, Jehovah's Witnesses will assist you!

But let me give you a hint on the topic!

Adam and Eve chose to be independent of God's instructions {Genesis 3:6} this open the way for humans to practice whatever they can under the freedom that Adam and Eve solicited for. Humans will have enough time to rule themselves and see the outcome.

God never intervened in mankind's form of rulership, so it's humans who introduced the idea of enslaving their fellowman, and don't forget they need to try all they know perhaps they can succeed being independent of God's rulership.

So their are so many things humans have introduced as means of ruling themselves.
That's why God told Israelites he is their King, they later demanded for a king during the time of Samuel {1Sam 8:1-6} if you carefully meditate on what God told Samuel about how human kings turn themselves to Gods over their subjects you will understand that it's the Independence Adam and Eve asked for that led humans to enslaving their fellowman! 1Sam 8:10-18 compare to Ecc 4:1, 8:9

Gradually mankind is learning from their own past errors but their is one thing we still don't get:- we can't rule ourselves successfully!

Already God is preparing his own Kingdom (government) {Isaiah 9:6-7} and this Kingdom will soon destroy all the worldly governments {Dan 2:44} it will take over the affairs of this earth completely! Mat 6:10

Before the slavery was in hidden but today it's done in the open!

Tell your friend that the slave trade is still here, before rich people by humans and place them on force labour. But today if you're not from a wealth family, no matter your qualifications you will work under the son of a wealthy man whose qualifications is in no way closer to yours, they makes sons of the poor work like bulls but pay them peanuts, they turned the daughters of poor people to sex slaves.

Billions will work right from when they're born till they grow grew hair as
©Cleaners
©Gardeners
©Gatemen
©Security Guurds
©Drivers
®Cooks
©Laundry workers
©House keepers
©Factory Workers

Yet what they will earn for working so hard will not be enough to feed them, and the money these workers are working for will be given to their daughters who are used for the sexual pleasures of the rich!

All these are the things Jesus will eradicate when he comes to establish God's Kingdom on earth.
That's why Apostle Paul listed all what is peculiar to slavery as things Christians should avoid completely if they want to enter God's Kingdom! Gal 5 19-21

Go now and find Jehovah's Witnesses they will enlighten you the more, that's the one and only group Jesus is directing today, that's where people who believes in money can be humiliated.
All other religions you can think of worships money! Matthew 6:24

God bless you! smiley

May God bless you beyond your expectation
Re: Does God Supports/permits Slavery?, PLEASE Enlighten Me. by Nobody: 5:20pm On May 27, 2020
Gaggii:

May God bless you beyond your expectation

Wow! smiley

Only me! smiley

Well and you too, the most important thing now is to find Jehovah's Witnesses and start learning from them.
Most times i often shed tears of joy in appreciation of the message and teachings i receive from them!
I was a Muslim back then and i often drive them away but i later discovered they had answers to most of the questions bothering my mind! smiley
Re: Does God Supports/permits Slavery?, PLEASE Enlighten Me. by Gaggii: 5:32pm On May 27, 2020
Maximus69:

Wow! smiley

Only me! smiley

Well and you too, the most important thing now is to find Jehovah's Witnesses and start learning from them.
Most times i often shed tears of joy in appreciation of the message and teachings i receive from them!
I was a Muslim back then and i often drive them away but i later discovered they had answers to most of the questions bothering my mind! smiley

I once gave them a listen here, I lost interest when they said there is nothing like hell fire after death.. I was like so all the bad ppu in this world will go scot free
Re: Does God Supports/permits Slavery?, PLEASE Enlighten Me. by Nobody: 6:08pm On May 27, 2020
Gaggii:

I once gave them a listen here, I lost interest when they said there is nothing like hell fire after death.. I was like so all the bad ppu in this world will go scot free

God never had any plans for evildoers in the beginning so it's Jesus that used illustrations to teach people {Matthew 13:34-35} it's the illustrations that unbelievers failed to grasp!

Notice that there is nothing like Hellfire in the Old Testament!

When evildoers die they've paid for all the evil they committed {Romans 6:7} either one live forever or return to non-existence {Romans 6:23} God told Adam the first sinner that he will return to dust {Genesis 3:19} so how do you expect that same God to roast Adam's descendants forever! smiley

(1) (Reply)

Why Jesus Taught In Parables / Why Do We Swear An Oath On Muslim Threads? / COVID19: Government Has No right To Regulate Churches - Pastor Chris Oyakhilome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.