Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,827 members, 7,837,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

How Jesus Became The "Son Of David" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Jesus Became The "Son Of David" (575 Views)

Pictures From The Dedication Of RCCG City Of David Trinity Towers / How Jesus Delivered Me From Wet Dreams. : The Aftermath Of Masturbating : Part:1 / RCCG City Of David Opens Dating Site For Mature Singles Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Jesus Became The "Son Of David" by advocatejare(m): 2:09pm On May 26, 2020
This thread is in response to IamMichael post: https://www.nairaland.com/5880633/question-jesus-been-bothering-me
Which he asked how Jesus became the descendant of Joseph when Joseph was not Jesus' biological father.

Here is the answer:

Both Mary and Joseph are descendants of David.

Joachim and Anna are the parents of Mary. Joachim is according to the Gospel
of James, a descendant of King David

Jacob and Heli were half brothers, and when Heli died childless, Jacob married
his widow and got his son Joseph.

Jacob is Josephs biological father, but Heli
is his legal father

Both Jacob and Heli were of the Judah tribe - one through
Solomon and the other through Nathan.

Regardless what Joseph is from the
Judah tribe whether legally or biologically

So, from both the maternal and foster father's side, Jesus is from the tribe of Judah and a descendant of David.

But God was also making a point by telling us that by Joseph's adoption of Jesus, Jesus became legally a son of Man while also retaining his divinity as the son of God.

Why is this necessary? Because Jesus had to adopt us humans who are children of Men to become children of God by adoption.

Jesus adopted us to become co-heir, co-children of God as he is.

This adoption law had been in existent for long, and adopted children have the same legal rights as biological children and adopted children even use and answer the biological children's name and all the laws binding the biological children bind the adopted children too.

It was this law of adoption that Muhammad cancelled just because he wanted to snatch the wife of his adopted son Zaid. Muhammad had adopted Zaid since Zaid was 8 years old so legally and morally Muhammad could not have married Zaid's wife because the same law that binds a father from marrying his biological son's wife also holds for adopted child. Hence, Muhammad used Allah to cancel law of adoption in order to marry Zaid's wife despite the fact that muhammad already had many wives and Zaid had none.

وَإِذْ تَقُولُ لِلَّذِىٓ أَنْعَمَ اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَأَنْعَمْتَ عَلَيْهِ أَمْسِكْ عَلَيْكَ زَوْجَكَ وَاتَّقِ اللَّهَ وَتُخْفِى فِى نَفْسِكَ مَا اللَّهُ مُبْدِيهِ وَتَخْشَى النَّاسَ وَاللَّهُ أَحَقُّ أَنْ تَخْشٰىهُ ۖ فَلَمَّا قَضٰى زَيْدٌ مِّنْهَا وَطَرًا زَوَّجْنٰكَهَا لِكَىْ لَا يَكُونَ عَلَى الْمُؤْمِنِينَ حَرَجٌ فِىٓ أَزْوٰجِ أَدْعِيَآئِهِمْ إِذَا قَضَوْا مِنْهُنَّ وَطَرًا ۚ وَكَانَ أَمْرُ اللَّهِ مَفْعُولًا
"And [remember, O Muhammad], when you said to the one on whom Allah bestowed favor and you bestowed favor, Keep your wife and fear Allah, while you concealed within yourself that which Allah is to disclose. And you feared the people, while Allah has more right that you fear Him. So when Zayd had no longer any need for her, We married her to you in order that there not be upon the believers any discomfort concerning the wives of their adopted sons when they no longer have need of them. And ever is the command of Allah accomplished."
(QS. Al-Ahzaab 33: Verse 37)
Re: How Jesus Became The "Son Of David" by donnie(m): 2:58pm On May 26, 2020
He was son of man because he came from the original man, Adam. The correct rendering in Hebrew is "Son of Adam". Adam was the original man. Reason MESSIAH was also called second Adam.
Re: How Jesus Became The "Son Of David" by IamMichael(m): 3:31pm On May 26, 2020
advocatejare:
This thread is in response to IamMichael post: https://www.nairaland.com/5880633/question-jesus-been-bothering-me
Which he asked how Jesus became the descendant of Joseph when Joseph was not Jesus' biological father.

Here is the answer:

I didn't know there was a Gospel according to James in the Bible.

Re: How Jesus Became The "Son Of David" by advocatejare(m): 6:03pm On May 26, 2020
IamMichael:

I didn't know there was a Gospel according to James in the Bible.
Go and read about how the Bible has 66 books and why other books were not included in the Bible
Re: How Jesus Became The "Son Of David" by IamMichael(m): 8:04pm On May 26, 2020
advocatejare:

Go and read about how the Bible has 66 books and why other books were not included in the Bible
I'm confused here:

Christian Bibles range from:
- 73 books of the Catholic Church canon;
- The 66 books of the canon of some denominations
- The 80 books of the canon of other denominations of the Protestant Church;
- The 81 books of the Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church canon.

Too many disparities... And too many books by different denominations. Yours is the correct one right? grin cheesy grin
Cuz me i don't know which one is the correct one.
Re: How Jesus Became The "Son Of David" by advocatejare(m): 8:14pm On May 26, 2020
IamMichael:

I'm confused here:

Too many disparities... And too many books by different denominations. Yours is the correct one right? grin cheesy grin
Cuz me i don't know which one is the correct one.
Read to cure yourself of ignorance. Go read about canonization of the Bible and all your questions will be answered
Re: How Jesus Became The "Son Of David" by IamMichael(m): 8:51pm On May 26, 2020
You opened a thread to reply/answer a thread i started.
I have asked simple questions in direct counter, yet you can't answer any, but redirecting me to a wild goose chase?

Well, good luck!
Re: How Jesus Became The "Son Of David" by advocatejare(m): 6:13pm On May 27, 2020
IamMichael:
You opened a thread to reply/answer a thread i started.
I have asked simple questions in direct counter, yet you can't answer any, but redirecting me to a wild goose chase?

Well, good luck!

Which question did you ask me that I didnt answer.

Gospel of James talks in details about the personal life of Mary and it's from there that would know her parents' name and their tribes.

Instead of checking the reference I gave you, you were asking me if the book is part of the Bible and you starting diverting the discussion by saying Catholic have more books in their Bibles, so for you to understand why that is so and why some books don't make it to be part of the Bible, then I asked you to go and read about how the books of the Bible were canonized.

If you cant read, that is your problem not mine.
Re: How Jesus Became The "Son Of David" by IamMichael(m): 11:03pm On May 27, 2020
advocatejare:
Which question did you ask me that I didnt answer.

Gospel of James talks in details about the personal life of Mary and it's from there that would know her parents' name and their tribes.

Instead of checking the reference I gave you, you were asking me if the book is part of the Bible and you starting diverting the discussion by saying Catholic have more books in their Bibles, so for you to understand why that is so and why some books don't make it to be part of the Bible, then I asked you to go and read about how the books of the Bible were canonized.

If you cant read, that is your problem not mine.

Your argument is pointless...

1)The Gospel of James is not canon, and a poor attempt to give Mary some credence.

2) The Gospel of James has been discredited by the Catholic church and scholars alike.

3) There are currently only four Gospels in the accepted canons among christian faithfuls, and the Gospel of James is not one of them.

Don't drag me into some blind argument please. If you like, continue believing in that your James Gospel, if you like accept the truth.

Re: How Jesus Became The "Son Of David" by advocatejare(m): 11:40pm On May 27, 2020
IamMichael:

Your argument is pointless...

1)The Gospel of James is not canon, and a poor attempt to give Mary some credence.

2) The Gospel of James has been discredited by the Catholic church and scholars alike.

3) There are currently only four Gospels in the accepted canons among christian faithfuls, and the Gospel of James is not one of them.

Don't drag me into some blind argument please. If you like, continue believing in that your James Gospel, if you like accept the truth.

I'm not dragging into any argument, if you have proof that Joachim was not the father of Mary from the canonized books, tell me rather than beating about the bush.

That's why I asked you to read to get more knowledge. Why do you think those books were not canonized?

It was because they were that early Christian theologians considered useful in a church context, but that were not considered divinely inspired. Having the indepth of Mary in the Gospels does not change or add to the message Christ came to preach, so it was not added not because it was false but because it was considered to relevant to the message of salvation of Christ.

What truth do you want me to accept? That Joachim was not Mary's father or that Joachim was not a descendant of David?
Re: How Jesus Became The "Son Of David" by IamMichael(m): 11:53pm On May 27, 2020
advocatejare:

I'm not dragging into any argument, if you have proof that Joachim was not the father of Mary from the canonized books, tell me rather than beating about the bush.

What truth do you want me to accept? That Joachim was not Mary's father or that Joachim was not a descendant of David?

The truth i want you to understand is that Mathew is the only acceptable Gospel that listed the genealogy of Jesus.
In that genealogy, women were listed too, not just men. Unfortunately, Mary was not one of them.

The Gospel of Luke (which was written years after the Gospel of Matthew was written) was a copycat of the Gospel of Matthew. That notwithstanding, the Gospel of Luke also traced the Genealogy of Jesus through Joseph, not Mary.

That is the truth i want you to accept.
Re: How Jesus Became The "Son Of David" by advocatejare(m): 12:15am On May 28, 2020
IamMichael:

The truth i want you to understand is that Mathew is the only acceptable Gospel that listed the genealogy of Jesus.
In that genealogy, women were listed too, not just men. Unfortunately, Mary was not one of them.

The Gospel of Luke (which was written years after the Gospel of Matthew was written) was a copycat of the Gospel of Matthew. That notwithstanding, the Gospel of Luke also traced the Genealogy of Jesus through Joseph, not Mary.

That is the truth i want you to accept.
You're just displaying your ignorance.

The women that were mentioned were the one linked to Joseph and not Mary because the tradition then was to link a child whether legal/adopted or biological child to their father's blood line.

And also the women that were mentioned were women that God deliberately allowed into the Blood line of Jesus' foster father to prove that God can bring perfection out of imperfection and women that helped in preserving the lineage of Judah, the tribe whom Jesus is associated with as the "Lion of the Tribe of Judah"

The women are

Tamar, Rehab and Ruth

Tamar was the one who disguised as a prostitute in order to be able to continue the bloodline of her late husband.

Rehab was a prostitute who helped the Israelites

And Ruth like Tamar didn't want her late husband lineage to perish.

All these 3 women played vital role in ensuring the bloodline was preserved till Joseph was born.

Back to Mary, all these your meaningless rants won't be necessary if you cant use either canonized books, or non Canonized books or historical facts to disprove that Joachim is not the father of Mary and that Joachim is not a descendant of David.

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Became The "Son Of David" by IamMichael(m): 8:29am On May 28, 2020
advocatejare:

You're just displaying your ignorance.

The women that were mentioned were the one linked to Joseph and not Mary because the tradition then was to link a child whether legal/adopted or biological child to their father's blood line.

And also the women that were mentioned were women that God deliberately allowed into the Blood line of Jesus' foster father to prove that God can bring perfection out of imperfection and women that helped in preserving the lineage of Judah, the tribe whom Jesus is associated with as the "Lion of the Tribe of Judah"

The women are

Tamar, Rehab and Ruth

Tamar was the one who disguised as a prostitute in order to be able to continue the bloodline of her late husband.

Rehab was a prostitute who helped the Israelites

And Ruth like Tamar didn't want her late husband lineage to perish.

All these 3 women played vital role in ensuring the bloodline was preserved till Joseph was born.

Back to Mary, all these your meaningless rants won't be necessary if you cant use either canonized books, or non Canonized books or historical facts to disprove that Joachim is not the father of Mary and that Joachim is not a descendant of David.

THE GOSPEL OF JAMES is not part of the Bible.

Stop with this blind argument, you are just embarrassing yourself.
Re: How Jesus Became The "Son Of David" by advocatejare(m): 10:22am On May 28, 2020
IamMichael:

THE GOSPEL OF JAMES is not part of the Bible.

Stop with this blind argument, you are just embarrassing yourself.

I will take you serious if you can use either canonized books, or non Canonized books or historical facts to disprove that Joachim is not the father of Mary and that Joachim is not a descendant of David.
Re: How Jesus Became The "Son Of David" by IamMichael(m): 1:35pm On May 28, 2020
advocatejare:

I will take you serious if you can use either canonized books, or non Canonized books or historical facts to disprove that Joachim is not the father of Mary and that Joachim is not a descendant of David.

Na wa o. I have never seen people who live in denial more than religious zealot's!

Your fellow Christians already accepted the truth about the genealogy, and has confirmed that it is through Joseph. But, here you are grabbing straw's and basing your argument on a pointless illogical book that has been certified to be false.

This is delusion.

If you are wise, you should be more concerned with the authenticity of the book you are clinging to, instead of grabbing straw's.
Honestly, you are just being unnecessarily dogmatic over a false book.

I won't reply you again, so don't bother quoting me. I'm tired of replying children on this forum!

Re: How Jesus Became The "Son Of David" by advocatejare(m): 1:58pm On May 28, 2020
IamMichael:

Na wa o. I have never seen people who live in denial more than religious zealot's!

Your fellow Christians already accepted the truth about the genealogy, and has confirmed that it is through Joseph. But, here you are grabbing straw's and basing your argument on a pointless illogical book that has been certified to be false.

This is delusion.

If you are wise, you should be more concerned with the authenticity of the book you are clinging to, instead of grabbing straw's.
Honestly, you are just being unnecessarily dogmatic over a false book.

I won't reply you again, so don't bother quoting me. I'm tired of replying children on this forum!

Your ignorance is legendary. The same Joachim and Anna who are not mentioned in the Bible have been venerated by the Roman Catholic and both are referred to as saints because of proven facts that they are the parents of Mary the mother of Jesus, but here you are denying the obvious because it will reveal how irrational your assertions are.

(1) (Reply)

We Have Accepted A Lot Of Nonsense So Far / President Trump: We Need The Bosses Help! The Most Famous Person Is JESUS! ( Vi) / Opinion: Why Nigerian Pastors Will Continue To Grow Richer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.