Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,463 members, 7,830,319 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:42 PM

El-Rufai Threatens To Prosecute Parents Who Enroll Children Into Almajirai - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-Rufai Threatens To Prosecute Parents Who Enroll Children Into Almajirai (16178 Views)

Bello El-Rufai Threatens President Buhari Over Appointments / Nigeria To Prosecute Parents Who Refuse To Enrol Children In School – Minister / 'They Will Go Back In Body Bags' - El-Rufai Threatens International Community (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: El-Rufai Threatens To Prosecute Parents Who Enroll Children Into Almajirai by donMIG(m): 9:25am On May 27, 2020
Na them dei make this country hard for ppl
Wic one b almajiri school again
Just dei born children anyhow population dei skyrocket anyhow
Re: El-Rufai Threatens To Prosecute Parents Who Enroll Children Into Almajirai by gentleibraheem(m): 9:25am On May 27, 2020
Hmm
As cardi be would say it, it's not a threat it's a warning
Re: El-Rufai Threatens To Prosecute Parents Who Enroll Children Into Almajirai by Masterchef(m): 9:36am On May 27, 2020
Of what benefit is stopping the almajarai practice in Kaduna state when other Norhern governors see nothing wrong with it. Apart from being a fundamental infringement on the rights of innocent kids, the practice just like shariah, the boko haram ideology and several other plots of the Northerner elders is simply to keep their population uneducated and perpetually poor so they can use them for selfish political interests. You know what? I have personally seen almajarai kids eat from the gutters and trash bins in Northeen Nigeria. So, this cannot be about religion like many of the Northern leaders (including Nassir El-Rufai) want us to believe they also passed through the same system. I should say it is an embarrassment to our many reasonable Islam brothers elsewhere that most Northern leaders in Nigeria are Muslims or Islamists. The almajarai practice has no place in a modern world where all you need is practical productive skills more than anything else. Unfortunately, like the last hypocritical ease of restriction on Covid-19 lock-down in some states of north just before the Eid, most Northern elders only love to see their region destroyed in the guise of religion.

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai Threatens To Prosecute Parents Who Enroll Children Into Almajirai by Roman7(m): 9:47am On May 27, 2020
Ibrahimmrfish:

The same reason no body is talking about movement of millions of eastern people to the north.

obviously they didn't move with arms.....and not at a time when all states borders are closed.....but these guys r doing in with arms....what for?

2 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Threatens To Prosecute Parents Who Enroll Children Into Almajirai by Gandollar(f): 10:00am On May 27, 2020
grandstar:

Ubiquity is not the same thing as confirmed stats.

If 10,000 Lebanese should suddenly descend on Ikeja and start living there, and you start seeing them everywhere, if asked how many they are, people will say 100,000.

I served partially in Bauchi city. I used to see them. I can assure you the numbers are exaggerated.
Ok. That is a valid illustration you made.
Re: El-Rufai Threatens To Prosecute Parents Who Enroll Children Into Almajirai by Susu888(m): 10:09am On May 27, 2020
SultanOfAbia:
Muslims are a different kind of species

Says the flat headed jew!

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai Threatens To Prosecute Parents Who Enroll Children Into Almajirai by ItswellMike: 10:16am On May 27, 2020
Thank you El-Rufai for saving a generation from abuse

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai Threatens To Prosecute Parents Who Enroll Children Into Almajirai by mvem(m): 10:18am On May 27, 2020
Johnbosco77:
Audio prosecution.....

80% are products of the almajiri system.

Including Abacha...
the Almajiri system was basically Islamic education but it has been exploited to what it is now. It wasn't like this earlier. In essence, it has outlive its usefulness and should be stopped
Re: El-Rufai Threatens To Prosecute Parents Who Enroll Children Into Almajirai by mvem(m): 10:21am On May 27, 2020
Roman7:

obviously they didn't move with arms.....and not at a time when all states borders are closed.....but these guys r doing in with arms....what for?
it doesn't make sense. They would easily move with arms when borders are open so why doing it now when it is far easier when borders are open which will soon happen. I just see conspiracy, people sharing videos and pushing a certain narrative on WhatsApp...that northerners are coming down to fight with southerners, what for ?....for what really ?...to conquer from lagos to cross river?...which should be realistic and stop playing to tribal gallery. The northern man is simply trying to survive up north not wanting to come and take your village
Re: El-Rufai Threatens To Prosecute Parents Who Enroll Children Into Almajirai by Uckroot: 10:23am On May 27, 2020
Audio threats. Without almajiris the northern hierarchy will collapse.
They rather build more mosques and “feed” 10,000 almajiris per day as a duty to Allah than build schools and forcefully enroll those kids.

With all the billionaire thieves in the north making money from oil wells and government aided trading they can afford to make education free for all children within an age bracket but naaaa... praying 5 times a day is more important to the existence of the world
Re: El-Rufai Threatens To Prosecute Parents Who Enroll Children Into Almajirai by ArchAngelos999: 10:24am On May 27, 2020
Vulcanheph:
Why not make free education in all government primary and secondary schools in the state to encourage parents instead of making threats.

see you blatantly displaying your laziness, ignorance and tendency to jump into conclusion
Re: El-Rufai Threatens To Prosecute Parents Who Enroll Children Into Almajirai by dikeizu1(m): 10:43am On May 27, 2020
Hope uzodimma ur advantage, feel up ur almajiri skuul
Re: El-Rufai Threatens To Prosecute Parents Who Enroll Children Into Almajirai by Nobody: 10:57am On May 27, 2020
The Solution to this problem is very simple.
Government should establish Almajiri schools on ground not on paper that over 100 were created but in reality, only about 5 were built e.g. Azare in Bauchi, Katsina and 3 other states.

Its going to be an investment, job opportunity, source of foreign exchange, food security, wrong indoctrination will be avoided ( bokoharam), crime rate reduced, social vices reduced, etc.

I sent these suggestions to some governors but they are not visionary leaders.

- Get a vast expanse of land.
- Conduct soil analysis to know which crop best suits the soil there.
- Build Almajiri schools with Western education sections for the poor.
- Now the children will be entitled to free education (both western and Islamic).
- The children will farm at a particular period, go for western classes, rest, farm, rest, Islamic classes etc.
- Get Govt Agriculture extension workers to keep such schools abreast with new findings, modern techniques, remedies, pest & disease control measures and at the same time supervise the schools.
- The harvest; some will be stored for feeding for the year, some for government to help export, govt will likewise tax such schools so no begger on the streets.
- Post bills containing designated bank accounts in banks or public places to those intending to support the Almajiri with any amount.
- enact law to proscribe begging and penalty for anyone giving alms on the streets.
- On graduation, an individual is already trained & conversant with farming as such can venture into it and not be a liability or searching for job.
- There should be stipends saved for the boys and should be given to them on graduation.
- The kids will not send anything home to their parents since it is the responsibility of the parents to take care of them and not the other way round.
- likewise beggers can have a home as the Almajiris for skill acquisitions and aided by the wealthy through designated banks.

WHEN IT'S TIME TO VOTE, THE ELIGIBLE ONES WILL MOVE TO POLLING UNITS TO EXERCISE THEIR FRANCHISE AND BACK TO THEIR SCHOOL.
Re: El-Rufai Threatens To Prosecute Parents Who Enroll Children Into Almajirai by driand(m): 11:02am On May 27, 2020
Meti99:

And of what benefits to the South?
advancement in every aspect of life... You wanna remind me of the North being in power? Why should I care? Hold on to your power, poverty, sickness, disease.....

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai Threatens To Prosecute Parents Who Enroll Children Into Almajirai by nexta007(m): 11:18am On May 27, 2020
Please, can any Islamic fellow here explain to me if the Almajiri system of practice or education is practiced in Saudi Arabia? Because this issue looks like a strictly Nigerian matter and only the poor suffers from it while the elites benefit more...just asking

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai Threatens To Prosecute Parents Who Enroll Children Into Almajirai by meetirimiya: 11:40am On May 27, 2020
yusufu16:
El-Rufai mean business in Kaduna. I salute his courage.

Leaving Almajirai to move about is a time bomb and a security threat in a near distant future.
Not a time bomb brothwr, it was a time bomb 20 years back but we are now already leaving with the ills of this system. Look at the suicide bombers being used by BH in the north east and other parts of the north. All these are products of the Almijiri system where children are made to be roaming about from one place to another in a state they know no body, without food, shelter, health care coverage and shelter and you will expect them to say no to evil men and women who are willing to give them stipends to carry out their nefarious act. I stand with my governor 100% on this. Its now or never!
Re: El-Rufai Threatens To Prosecute Parents Who Enroll Children Into Almajirai by Koko1119: 11:51am On May 27, 2020
White pple go dey beg our govt & leaders make dem do good tin dem say na bad tin nai dey sweet pass na coronavirus don make dis one open small.
Re: El-Rufai Threatens To Prosecute Parents Who Enroll Children Into Almajirai by NOETHNICITY(m): 3:18pm On May 27, 2020
Vulcanheph:
Why not make free education in all government primary and secondary schools in the state to encourage parents instead of making threats.
Learn to read before making comments
Re: El-Rufai Threatens To Prosecute Parents Who Enroll Children Into Almajirai by mustykenzy(m): 4:08pm On May 27, 2020
Vulcanheph:
Kaduna state offers free primary and secondary education
Re: El-Rufai Threatens To Prosecute Parents Who Enroll Children Into Almajirai by emmsana: 7:53pm On May 27, 2020
Hi friends, Emmanuel of Bethel Digi Consult is about to run a freemium bootcamp called Hot SmartPhone Smart Biz where he is set to unveil the secret strategies you can use in setting up a 6 FIGURE Design & Ads Business with your phone.
Because he doesn't like hiding good things, I strongly advise you join this class now.
Registration is *FREE*
Class is getting filled up, The class begins tonight by 7.pm.
Click the link now to join us�

Click my WhatsApp link in Personal text to join

Re: El-Rufai Threatens To Prosecute Parents Who Enroll Children Into Almajirai by Meti99(m): 10:48pm On May 27, 2020
driand:
advancement in every aspect of life... You wanna remind me of the North being in power? Why should I care? Hold on to your power, poverty, sickness, disease.....

The north controls your oil my dear .
Of what use is your education when the north you despise still control and determine how you live your life

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai Threatens To Prosecute Parents Who Enroll Children Into Almajirai by 7lives: 11:10pm On May 27, 2020
Vulcanheph:

Education has always been free in the north, illiteracy is major problem.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Akeredolu Tells Miyetti Allah To Stop Defending Killer Herders / Senior Police Officials Who Ignore Phone Calls From Citizens Risk Sack / Obaseki Begs Edo Residents To Accept Old N500 And N1000 Notes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.