Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,949 members, 7,952,823 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:29 AM

The Pandemic Changed How We Internet - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / The Pandemic Changed How We Internet (475 Views)

4 Ways SEO Will Help Your Business Stay Afloat During The Pandemic / 3 Online Businesses You Can Start During The Pandemic Than Can Make You Rich / How Can A Site On PHP Changed To Word Press (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Pandemic Changed How We Internet by Tomisammie: 6:35pm On May 26, 2020
It is no fiction how the pandemic had a massive impact on almost everything humanity relies on, specifically on economies, businesses, transportation, communication, global climate, industrialization, agriculture and obviously the internet.

Virtually all public gatherings have been called-off. Knowing the internet is utilized for electronic mailings, research, e-commerce, entertainment and educational purposes, there are about 4.3 billion active internet users worldwide consisting of 57% of the world's entire population.

The Internet plays a vital role during this pandemic period in ensuring that people remain in contact regardless of physical barriers. Without the internet, most friendships and business connections would die. Face-to-face communication may not be equivalent, but the internet allows people to maintain important relationships.

The intriguing part of the effect of the pandemic is how we manage to change the way we use the Internet. One of the funniest parts of it is how nagging bosses now understand important meetings can be done through video conferencing and working from home functions. So if you're always late for important meetings, you should count yourself lucky this time.

Before the pandemic, Skype was the accustomed king app for video conferencing but somehow Zoom overtook it. Immeasurably, people began to use Zoom because it has a better video quality, people don’t need a login to access a gathering, supports voice calls, chat and therefore the interface is comparatively intuitive.

While Zoom is definitely the rising star among video chat apps, Skype remains far ahead in terms of active users. Other prominent video conferencing apps are... CONTINUE READING ON MEDIUM (A Platform Writers).
[url]https://link.medium.com/yEfmX6tIM6 [/url]

Re: The Pandemic Changed How We Internet by meobizy(f): 7:47pm On May 26, 2020
This Zoom thing is how one day a better platform will overtake Nairaland. I could never imagine a future in which Skype will take a backseat or become the second or third option. Apparently a lot of video streaming platforms were in the works and heavily promoted in the years I spent away from the white man’s land. This place with its lack of innovation will get swept like a thatch house in a tsunami.
Re: The Pandemic Changed How We Internet by Tomisammie: 8:39pm On May 26, 2020
meobizy:
This Zoom thing is how one day a better platform will overtake Nairaland. I could never imagine a future in which Skype will take a backseat or become the second or third option. Apparently a lot of video streaming platforms were in the works and heavily promoted in the years I spent away from the white man’s land. This place with its lack of innovation will get swept like a thatch house in a tsunami.
Nothing is stagnant, neither is any technology stagnant. Skype lost it's crown to Zoom because Zoom took advantage of their weaknesses.
You should read the full article.
Re: The Pandemic Changed How We Internet by webincomeplus(m): 9:15pm On May 26, 2020
meobizy:
Zoom became popular because it has its strengths in aspects that cater to businesses. And it rose to quick fame because businesses resorted to holding video meetings online during the pandemic. Skype still has its strengths, and after the pandemic when businesses return to their brick-and-mortar offices, we might not hear much about Zoom again. And are you aware that Zoom is now battling with lots of security-related issues? That alone is enough reason for many users to return to the ever-secure Skype owned by Microsoft.

Another point you should understand is that the most feature-packed tech product or service is not always the most favored in the market. Ask yourself why Telegram has not toppled Whatsapp despite having more cool features. Ask yourself why Bing and Duckduckgo are still yet to topple Google in the search engine aspect despite both adequately addressing the issues users are having with Google.

Ruminate over the above, and you'd understand why none of the thousands of Nigerian forums created after NL has ever gotten anywhere close to it or ever will. I'm not saying NL is invincible, but that super contender that will overcome NL would have a hard nut to crack.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Pandemic Changed How We Internet by Tomisammie: 10:22pm On May 26, 2020
webincomeplus:

Zoom became popular because it has its strengths in aspects that cater to businesses. And it rose to quick fame because businesses resorted to holding video meetings online during the pandemic. Skype still has its strengths, and after the pandemic when businesses return to their brick-and-mortar offices, we might not hear much about Zoom again. And are you aware that Zoom is now battling with lots of security-related issues? That alone is enough reason for many users to return to the ever-secure Skype owned by Microsoft.

Another point you should understand is that the most feature-packed tech product or service is not always the most favored in the market. Ask yourself why Telegram has not toppled Whatsapp despite having more cool features. Ask yourself why Bing and Duckduckgo are still yet to topple Google in the search engine aspect despite both adequately addressing the issues users are having with Google.

Ruminate over the above, and you'd understand why none of the thousands of Nigerian forums created after NL has ever gotten anywhere close to it or ever will. I'm not saying NL is invincible, but that super contender that will overcome NL would have a hard nut to crack.
A Masterpiece Chief!
Re: The Pandemic Changed How We Internet by Tomisammie: 10:26pm On May 26, 2020
If you find the article interesting, Kindly share. God bless.

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Grow/promote My New Forum Without Money? / Borrow 5k And Pay Within 2 Months. No Stress / Web Designer As A Partner Is Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.